SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SYM GTS200 group

gargantua

For the GTS? Don't think it can use that car engine oil, can it?

yes. for the GTS.

the manual ask for API SH @ 10w30. for our weather, we can use a grade 40 according to a SAE graph in some SYM manual. this oil is rated API SM @ 5w40 which excess the manual recommendation so i don't see there is any problem.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CTEK MXS 5.0

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/18/2f6175cbe1b5d52bec8a526709327b13.jpg

wow!!! CTEK MXS 5.0:lovestruck: my dream charger!!!

i went to limbat and saw this beauty. cost $144. for me i don't have a car so i keep wondering is it worth to get it.

they also sell the CTEK XS 0.8 at $68. pretty much a CTEK MXS 5.0 at bike charging mode except without the recon function.

do keep us updated on whether the recon function can save your battery.

Thought bikes require different oils as the clutch also uses the engine oil...hence bike and car oils are different

our engine is pretty much like a car engine therefore you don't see JASO MA requirement like other motorcycle.

the transmission is separated therefore you have to use Gear oil and also our scooter is dry clutch so oil doesn't affect it.

as our engine is without oil filter, keeping the oil clean is much more important then what type of oil to use.

anyway, i have order a magnetic plug.

Guess the CTEK XS 0.8 would be good enough for a bike. I have a car, so I use that for the car too.

yeah. for bike it is ok.

even if you use the MXS 5.0 bike mode, the charging current is the same at 0.8 ampere. just that CTEK XS 0.8 is 6 steps charging and doesn't have the recon function.

top up petrol 2nd time today.

the meter still show balance 2 bars although i suspect just a couple of kilometer more and it will drop to 1 bar. manage to pump about 11.2 liters. it hard not to overflow the tank due to it design. any tips on how to avoid that?

did about 386.7 km before topping up again which work out to about 34.5 L/km. Average speed on highway is about 80-90 km/h. time to time i will fetch my wifey from work. i must say i am pretty impress with the FC.

So how is Mobil 1â„¢ synthetic motor oil for passenger cars different from Mobil 1 for motorcycles?

First, let's be clear about the overall benefits of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil compared to those of conventional motor oils, whether for passenger cars or motorcycles:

Superior long-term engine protection.

Superior high-temperature stability.

Excellent low-temperature starting.

Outstanding engine performance.

Low volatility/low oil consumption.

It's a little hard to generalize about the difference between Mobil 1 passenger-car motor oils and Mobil 1 motorcycle oils. That's because not all viscosities of Mobil 1 passenger-car oils have the same levels of zinc and phosphorus, and there are even greater differences among the two Mobil 1 motorcycle oils. In general, Mobil 1 motorcycle oils have:

Additive packages balanced differently for motorcycle engine and transmission operation. For passenger vehicles, fuel economy and emission system protection are higher priorities. These require low phosphorus systems and the use of friction modifiers. Motorcycle oils do not require friction modifiers for fuel economy and for better clutch friction less/no friction modifier is optimum. Motorcycle oils allow the use of higher levels of antiwear additives such as ZDDP (phosphorous).

(Updated December 2007)

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 - What does it offer that Mobil 1 for cars does not?

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is designed for sport bikes. Most of these bikes have multi-cylinder/multi-valve engines and use a common sump, which means the engine oil lubricates the engine, transmission and wet clutch. So unlike Mobil 1 for cars, Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 motor oil has no friction modifiers, which could lead to clutch slippage.

The motorcycle oil also has more phosphorus/zinc for enhanced wear protection at high engine speeds and high loads.

In addition, Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 has a high performance dispersant/detergent technology for better high-temperature performance and engine cleanliness. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is also offered in a different viscosity grade than Mobil 1 for passenger cars. (Updated December 2007)

Both the above are from the Mobil website-while car & bike oil are almost the same, there are some minute differences. I don't think car oil will harm a bike but perhaps bike oil is just more suited for bikes in the end. Especially bikes with wet clutches, I guess.

Both the above are from the Mobil website-while car & bike oil are almost the same, there are some minute differences. I don't think car oil will harm a bike but perhaps bike oil is just more suited for bikes in the end. Especially bikes with wet clutches, I guess.

the two posts by you are mainly for standard motorcycle where the transmission gears and clutch are in the same sump which mean they share the same oil together with the engine.

while for scooter, the engine, transmission, final drive gears and clutch are all different entities, therefore the two posts are not closely related to scooter. putting it in another light, using motorcycle oil for scooter does have it disadvantages but that another story.

as for whether non-motorcycle oil is suitable for motorcycle, that belong to an oil thread:sweat:

On another note, my bike battery has been fully reconditioned, yippie! Now I hope it's lifespan will be prolonged.

look like the recon function is quite useful.

Edited by Isopropyl

Yes, you're right about the articles about the oil-geared towards standard bikes.

Recond function is good but battery has to be removed from vehicle if not might cause damage to vehicle's electronics. So tricky to be used to recond a newer car's battery unless you have a spare.

Edited by gpan

Hi guys wanna check. My first hand bike is now 11 mths old. Yest the batt light flikered follow by on all the way till i ride bout 1 hr later. (Rode to jb). The day before i did not ride the whole day. Cannot be, the batt volt drastically reduce in just 1 day rite?. Today i ride no issue.

The batt light indicator prob?

On a side note. After hw long den u guys change batt?

:) cooling off day

my scooter batt light is always on. according to the first owner, it a sensor fault and it happen right after the warranty so he didn't bother to get it fix.

Either pull out the wire (connector) or remove the bulb, haha. I'd be so irritated to ride with that bright red light on....😁😁😁😁

Either pull out the wire (connector) or remove the bulb, haha. I'd be so irritated to ride with that bright red light on....😁😁😁😁

me too. at first I thought the battery is dying so I charged it up and load tested it which turn out to be fine.

the light still refuse to go away and only find out it is due to a faulty sensor. thankfully I didn't buy a new battery yet.

how to remove the bulb or connector?