SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SYM GTS200 group

gargantua

yes that is true.. but from the experience when change to original roller the rpm and pickup also deteriorate or back to normal. happened to me before.. on the roller weight seem there is no exact behavior. when the CVT is heavy and start rotating, the belt will try to push it self inside.. maybe you new spring is less stiffer than old one.. but i solve that by using slider. not im using malossi roller only 13.5 gram + pollini spring.. i can get 6.2k - 6.5k cruising @100km/h

Changed back to the original spring and no improvement. Maybe as you say the rollers is the problem.

Where and how much did you tune your cvt?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after unscrew.. wipe it with clean cloth.. and just dip it.. or you also can screw it and unscrew back.. both way can give you hint on EO level..

isopropyl.. every EOM im foing DIY on my MCSP.. if you want to start learn DIY you can come along, usually im changing EO and cleaning CVT.. just prepare your self with some tool.. i have the tool to open and install back the CVT.

after unscrew.. wipe it with clean cloth.. and just dip it.. or you also can screw it and unscrew back.. both way can give you hint on EO level..

isopropyl.. every EOM im foing DIY on my MCSP.. if you want to start learn DIY you can come along, usually im changing EO and cleaning CVT.. just prepare your self with some tool.. i have the tool to open and install back the CVT.

all right Mr mudai. Dropped you a pm with my number. please sms me and don't pm as I have problem with getting the pm. Waiting to hear from you soon.

Meet up with mudai to learn more about DIY for our scooter. Very nice gentlemen. Lots of thanks to him.

Back home, I open up both the front and rear brake caliper for cleaning and changing the front brake pad. I got a EBC brake pad for sometime but didn't manage to work on it. Anyway, clean up both the caliper and re - greased it with silicone grease.

When I took out the rear brake pad, I found the backing plate was missing. It was only now I realise that the last time I changed the brake pad in Malaysia, the lady boss threw it away thinking it was broken from the old brake pad and it suppose to come with a new brake pad. I didn't know about it at that time... so now got to search for one set of backing plate:cry:

Just one more reason to do things on your own.

Check ubi at S1.. got few.. i saw one near lavender too.. but better check its condition...

Isopropyl no problem bro.. end of month.. will let you know when to change all the oil things... can change brake pad too... :)

feel free.. anyone to join.. but bring your own standard tool...

once you know your GTS.. you can take care her your sefl ;)

Edited by mudai

n do anyone know any Bike shop that open on Sunday or public holiday in singapore ?

Tune-in at yishun open on sunday... public holiday not sure. Daily operating hours up to 9pm.

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

IMAG0460.jpgIMAG0461.jpgIMAG0462.jpg

Hello.

I found what appears to be a broken tube (in black, sticking out near the rim) while cleaning the bike. I tried finding the source of the tube from the other side of the wheel, and it seems to be coming from either the airbox or the belting box.

I am afraid that it carries the transmission oil or EO. However, nothing seems to be leaking.. Is there even such a tube that carries either? Please pardon my misknowledge.. Would any experienced eyes please advise me. Thank you!

P.S. Please pardon the lack of info from the pic. I can try to take one from the other side of the wheel (to see where it leads from). Meanwhile, i would truly appreciate if anyone could help!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]318602[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]318603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]318604[/ATTACH]

Hello.

I found what appears to be a broken tube (in black, sticking out near the rim) while cleaning the bike. I tried finding the source of the tube from the other side of the wheel, and it seems to be coming from either the airbox or the belting box.

I am afraid that it carries the transmission oil or EO. However, nothing seems to be leaking.. Is there even such a tube that carries either? Please pardon my misknowledge.. Would any experienced eyes please advise me. Thank you!

P.S. Please pardon the lack of info from the pic. I can try to take one from the other side of the wheel (to see where it leads from). Meanwhile, i would truly appreciate if anyone could help!

This tube is suppose to be connected to the back of the air filter box... i guess its a drain pipe if there is water sipping into the air filter box.

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

Good afternoon to all, my mileage about reaching 11k. Question are:

1) should I change the belt or wait for 12k?

2) belt/weights etc change to stock or are there any better?

personally for myself:

1) although the manual recommend to change at 12,000 km, i will inspect the belt for damage to determine the condition.

SYM also recommend servicing the CVT every 3,000 km but i think maybe you can drag it to 5,000-8,000 km before getting it done if you don't find it giving you problem. you can inspect the belt, rollers and U-clip at the same time.

the belt life span might shorten or lengthen depending on your riding style. of course you can play safe by changing it early. still, it is not uncommon to change at 15,000 km and above.

2) stock is good as everything is well-tested by the manufacturer unless you can find parts that exceed the OEM standard.

also, better is relative. you can tune your scooter CVT according to your riding style and condition. but after market parts can be rather expensive. those that is more experience might be able to advice you on CVT tuning.

currently i am using Honda PCX roller. i like how it perform as most of my riding is highway condition. i not sure how the roller holding up. will open it up soon for inspection.

you can try to source for cheaper parts if you are willing to DIY.