SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SYM GTS200 group

gargantua

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My scooter's tyres is front Maxxis pro and rear Pirelli Diablo. the front tyre is still in pretty good condition but notice quite a number of lump in the back tyre which mean there is some internal damage to the lining.

decide to change both tyres for safety reason.

changed the front and rear tyre Shinko SR567/SR568 front and rear respectively.

also changed the rear brake pad. the front brake pad still have a bit of life in it. will change it during the next belt and roller change.

2 tyres cost RM300. Rear brake pad cost RM45.

I have bad experience on Shinko. Too slippery and bad grip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same model as mine? I will be more careful. Thks for the advice. What tyres are you using?

The shop quote me rm 160 for belt and roller change. Is the price ok? Original sym.

Anyway, overheard the boss telling one of his regular not to use castrol oil. I asked him why and he told me high rate of ooverhauling for those who use castrol oil regularly. Not sure how true it is.

My scooter's tyres is front Maxxis pro and rear Pirelli Diablo. the front tyre is still in pretty good condition but notice quite a number of lump in the back tyre which mean there is some internal damage to the lining.

decide to change both tyres for safety reason.

changed the front and rear tyre Shinko SR567/SR568 front and rear respectively.

also changed the rear brake pad. the front brake pad still have a bit of life in it. will change it during the next belt and roller change.

2 tyres cost RM300. Rear brake pad cost RM45.

I have bad experience on Shinko. Too slippery and bad grip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had bad exp with Shinko tires.. Best to slow down on wet roads. Dry road no issues

Just curious which shop u when to in JB?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/bearsvaluebaby/fireworks718ROXCfmFBsffgif.gif

2005 - SSDC - Class 2B

2006 - BBDC - Class 2A

2008 - CDC - Class 2

The battery from my SF seems to only hold its charge for a week or less.....dunno hold old the batt is.Now I'm reconditioning it using my CTEK charger. Hope that gives life to the battery....

Battery update -

SF batt was at 12.4v after a week of no usage. Can still start bike ok.

GTS batt at 12v after 10 days of no usage. Didn't attempt to start bike, now charging!

I guess 8/9 days would be the limit of the battery keeping some charge.....

Bike sold

With a heavy heart, I have decided to sell my GTS 200.....

Accident free Sept 2009 bike, with only 2 owners and super low mileage of 22000km (really!). Always parked under shelter.

Gerald

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/31/398fd0c56c181190be222a5a91bd342a.jpg

Edited by gpan

got a torque wrench and tighten all the drain bolts according to spec. you will be surprise how little torque is needed. i guess most people will over tighten it without torque wrench.

Engine oil drain bolt - 3.5 to 4.5 kgf-m

Engine oil strainer - 1.3 to 1.7 kgf-m

Transmission drain bolt - 0.8 to 1.2 kgf-m

Transmission filling bolt - 1.0 to 1.4 kgf-m

also got a bottle of Carlube Dot 4 brake fluid and bleed the brake system. the 2 years old fluid look brown and dirty. it good to have some fresh fluid in there.

• 2 weeks later...
got a torque wrench and tighten all the drain bolts according to spec. you will be surprise how little torque is needed. i guess most people will over tighten it without torque wrench.

Engine oil drain bolt - 3.5 to 4.5 kgf-m

Engine oil strainer - 1.3 to 1.7 kgf-m

Transmission drain bolt - 0.8 to 1.2 kgf-m

Transmission filling bolt - 1.0 to 1.4 kgf-m

also got a bottle of Carlube Dot 4 brake fluid and bleed the brake system. the 2 years old fluid look brown and dirty. it good to have some fresh fluid in there.

Hi Isopropyl,

I have been looking to buy a torque wrench in Singapore.

Where did you get yours?

Am also looking for nut sockets larger than 19mm (one to fit the clutch bell nut).

Thanks in advance

Hi Isopropyl,

I have been looking to buy a torque wrench in Singapore.

Where did you get yours?

Am also looking for nut sockets larger than 19mm (one to fit the clutch bell nut).

Thanks in advance

I got it from ACH HARDWARE & MACHINERY PTE. LTD at Kelantan lane. it cost about $58 and the brand is Tony King if I didn't remember wrongly. there are plenty of hardware shop around selling it. some brand is even cheaper then what I pay for. I don't think our application require extreme precision so no point going for high-end ones.

the bell nut is 19 mm. other useful sizes are 10 / 12 / 14 / 17. you planning to service the transmission components? count me in if it is ok for you.

Today ordered Brake Pad to DIY the front caliper. I going for EBC organic brake pad. our rotor are constructed from carbon steel so it is not suitable for sintered brake pad. will compare it with the OEM brake pad before deciding whether to change the rear to EBC as well.

EBC organic brake pad work great for my old bike. my only complain is it wear out pretty fast.

intent to clean up and re-grease both calipers. extra job of removal of the exhaust pipe is required for the rear caliper.

I got it from ACH HARDWARE & MACHINERY PTE. LTD at Kelantan lane. it cost about $58 and the brand is Tony King if I didn't remember wrongly. there are plenty of hardware shop around selling it. some brand is even cheaper then what I pay for. I don't think our application require extreme precision so no point going for high-end ones.

the bell nut is 19 mm. other useful sizes are 10 / 12 / 14 / 17. you planning to service the transmission components? count me in if it is ok for you.

Thanks Isopropyl, also need to look for clutch tool-the one that holds the clutch from turning. I am just learning to clean up the dust in transmission belt area. Mine is a Joymax.