SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SYM GTS200 group

gargantua

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, any idea how much will it cost to do a full servicing, include belt, roller replacement etc at JB?, plus any shops there to recommend?

Yong Seng motor Trading

28,jalan indah 10/2, Taman bukit indah, 81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia

http://www.routeandgo.net/place/2773461/malaysia/yong-seng-motor-trading#sthash.FG1HkJgi.dpuf

price(consider reasonable):

belt, rollers & u shoes(stocks) RM220

labour RM45

business hour: 12:00 pm - 22:00 pm(Friday off)

comments:

The boss, a former mechanic worked @bukit merah area quite familiar with GTS200 mechanical properties(just aware of roller direction while installation)

SYM official distributor in Johor Bahru

http://www.sym.net.my/sym/index.php/contact-us/our-locations

price:

belt, rollers & u shoes(stocks) refer the website

labour unknown

GST comply

business hour: refer the website

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mudai, hope you still remember me ha3 Ray (off to Switzerland) BTW my dad feedback that my bike unable to reach milage of 350 as used to but max 300 after the overhaul (change belt, 14g roller & kymco clutch). Is this due to the 14g roller? P.S good acceleration thou

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

14g should be all right Bro. Mine also the Sam config .what is his riding style ?

Old man Bro ... cruise & relax @ 90

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Need to check on which rpm he goes on 90km/h at 7k or 8k ?

Usually after overhaul. Need sometime to get everything settling. I notice the belt part number have play part on fuel Consumption.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, could anyone recommend me motordiam that's good in servicing scooter? My SYM GTS 200 rear part vibrate frequently during low gear (probably 1 or 2), it vibrate whenever i trying to accelerate from almost idle to moving (suspect it happen while it trying to switch from gear 1 to gear 2). The vibration is kind of vibration that make me feel like the engine is going to stop.

It happens almost all the time during morning, while the engine is cold, and also while the water temperature is only 1 bar. Rarely happen while the water temperature is at 2 bar. This vibration did happened when i first get the bike (brand new), but it was not obvious unless i really pay attention to it, and it won't happen at all after the water temperature go up to 1 bar.

I just had my 12,000k service 4 or 5 months ago, got the belt and roller replaced, plus the typical change of engine oil and gear oil. I did sent it back to the motordiam that i used to visit, the mechanic help me to service the clutch and the problem gone for around 2 months, and now it's back again.

Anyone has the same experience? or it's just normal for this bike?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, could anyone recommend me motordiam that's good in servicing scooter? My SYM GTS 200 rear part vibrate frequently during low gear (probably 1 or 2), it vibrate whenever i trying to accelerate from almost idle to moving (suspect it happen while it trying to switch from gear 1 to gear 2). The vibration is kind of vibration that make me feel like the engine is going to stop.

It happens almost all the time during morning, while the engine is cold, and also while the water temperature is only 1 bar. Rarely happen while the water temperature is at 2 bar. This vibration did happened when i first get the bike (brand new), but it was not obvious unless i really pay attention to it, and it won't happen at all after the water temperature go up to 1 bar.

I just had my 12,000k service 4 or 5 months ago, got the belt and roller replaced, plus the typical change of engine oil and gear oil. I did sent it back to the motordiam that i used to visit, the mechanic help me to service the clutch and the problem gone for around 2 months, and now it's back again.

Sound like clutch slipping. It normal after sometime when the clutch material is glazed and the bell is dusty. You need to clean the bell and clutch to see if that solve the problem first before moving on to other possible causes. Another possibility is the carb.

Join our DiY and you will have better understanding. We are not experts but at least earn from each other om daily issue that arises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sound like clutch slipping. It normal after sometime when the clutch material is glazed and the bell is dusty. You need to clean the bell and clutch to see if that solve the problem first before moving on to other possible causes. Another possibility is the carb.

thx, will try it out :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys selling my Gts spare parts,Kindly only contact if you are keen or able to deal,

Reposting as some fellow bros reserved items and aeroplaned

And thanks to the bros who bought items from me

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/458790-SYM-GTS200-Spares

http://www.parrotparrot.com/stopcruelty/cruelty1.gif