SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SYM GTS200 group

gargantua

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, I had just recently bought a 2nd hand Sym joyride 200 Evo, I can't find a forum on joyride. Recently, I had a problem with the temperature gauge. After traveling from kpe to mce, the bike temp went all the up to "H". After Travelling for another 5 min, it drop to 1/4. Is there something wrong with the gague?

• 3 weeks later...

hi every one i just bought my sym gts 200

Can any 1 intro me to a reliable and reasonable place to do full service

Full service

Wash Carb

install volt meter i have my own just install

maybe check my cvt need to be service

tighten my front brake level

hope it wun cost a bomb

• 3 weeks later...

hey bro, i provide upgrades and servicing for all sym gts200 models.. our price has been revised and cost cheaper now for taiwanese scooter owners. feel free to let me know how i can help in any case!!! :D 86878551

hi every one i just bought my sym gts 200

Can any 1 intro me to a reliable and reasonable place to do full service

Full service

Wash Carb

install volt meter i have my own just install

maybe check my cvt need to be service

tighten my front brake level

hope it wun cost a bomb

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

• 5 weeks later...
Hi guys, would like to ask for advice. I've not run my bike for 2 weeks & now it's unable to start. There're lights, horn etc. My kick start thread has worn out hence are there alternative to start it? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Jump start it could work? There are portable batteries that comes with jump start kits. Or get a bike to jump start it.

When your bike starts, consider installing a voltage meter to see your batt level.

• 2 weeks later...

i second that bro.. better to always install a volt meter to check what is the level u are at.. this will decrease the chances of breaking down

Jump start it could work? There are portable batteries that comes with jump start kits. Or get a bike to jump start it.

When your bike starts, consider installing a voltage meter to see your batt level.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just bought a gts 200 and I am planning to change the gear oil (transmission oil), engine oil, and spark plug on my own.

Would appreciate if someone could share what oil and spark plugs are you using and where do you buy it (also how much?).

Also, is future scooter a good shop to service your gts?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my gts 200 is over heating. Coolant reservoir boiling and spilling out. Coolant is turning brown... but no sign of oil. Engine oil is clear. Night riding is fine, but in day time especially going slight slope at ecp.. overheat fron 2 to 4 bars in afew minutes. Coolant spilling steam and coolant from cap.

Which shop do u guys service this kind of problems successfully. If the head gasket... what is the cost ? New thermostat how much ?

Thanks.. gts 200 has good storage and is a nice ride, as best i do not want to change this bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all bike owners, i am new to this forum. sorry if i have not read all the rules or browse the full forum page for the queries i am about to make. I'm don;t even know if my post here is correct and if not, please kindly guide me.

I am new to motorcycle and i recently own a 2nd hand gts 200 (year 2011) for work commuting.

The bike is fabulous ride, and put smiles on my face every time im on it.

However today the strangest thing happen.

As usual i park my bike using the dual stand, and after i turn off the key to lock the bike handle, the headlight, display unit and all meters are still turned on. and at time the speedometer also gone haywire, turning up and down. all this happen for a brief 2 mins. The volt meter also going down and read strangely.

my bike has a digital v meter, and i realised this morning it does not show 14.2v anymore. it was 11.7v and charges up to 12.7 on my 30mins ride this morning.

i felt there's a short circuit.

i am really new to own a bike and i am not familiar with repairing or anything associate with it. and i know my service date should be next 2 months base on mileage.

Please advise what can i do to troubleshoot. im a handy person and i prefer to do a diy/self check before paying someone to check it for me.

Thanks in advance.

revisiting: it turns out the cdi short and was replaced eventually.

Edited by user2016

Hi All,

I just bought a gts 200 and I am planning to change the gear oil (transmission oil), engine oil, and spark plug on my own.

Would appreciate if someone could share what oil and spark plugs are you using and where do you buy it (also how much?).

Also, is future scooter a good shop to service your gts?

Thanks!

Engine oil: SYM owner manual state API SH 10w30 oil. for our weather, the more common 10w40 is suitable as according to the service manual. any oil that meet the specs will do. more important is to change it regularly and keep the oil level right. No need expensive oil. you can get engine oil from Ah boy. Castrol Power 1 10w40 cost $8.

Transmission oil: GL-5 Hypoid gear oil of viscosity 85w140. most industrial park area should be able to buy one big bottle which last forever. I got bottle of Elf gear oil at $28 for 4L.

Spark plug: NGK CR8E. cost about 7 to 8 bucks at distributors. you can ask around Rowell road.

Hi, my gts 200 is over heating. Coolant reservoir boiling and spilling out. Coolant is turning brown... but no sign of oil. Engine oil is clear. Night riding is fine, but in day time especially going slight slope at ecp.. overheat fron 2 to 4 bars in afew minutes. Coolant spilling steam and coolant from cap.

Which shop do u guys service this kind of problems successfully. If the head gasket... what is the cost ? New thermostat how much ?

Thanks.. gts 200 has good storage and is a nice ride, as best i do not want to change this bike.

GTS 200 is one cool bike to run and hardly overheat but once cooling system give problem, it can be hard to pinpoint. I will suggest going down to Malaysia SYM authorised agent Mforce at Skudai.

Good morning all bike owners, i am new to this forum. sorry if i have not read all the rules or browse the full forum page for the queries i am about to make. I'm don;t even know if my post here is correct and if not, please kindly guide me.

I am 40 years old and i am a very careful rider. I am new to motorcycle and i recently own a 2nd hand gts 200 (year 2011) for work commuting.

The bike is fabulous ride, and put smiles on my face every time im on it.

However today the strangest thing happen.

As usual i park my bike using the dual stand, and after i turn off the key to lock the bike handle, the headlight, display unit and all meters are still turned on. and at time the speedometer also gone haywire, turning up and down. all this happen for a brief 2 mins. The volt meter also going down and read strangely.

my bike has a digital v meter, and i realised this morning it does not show 14.2v anymore. it was 11.7v and charges up to 12.7 on my 30mins ride this morning.

i felt there's a short circuit.

i am really new to own a bike and i am not familiar with repairing or anything associate with it. and i know my service date should be next 2 months base on mileage.

Please advise what can i do to troubleshoot. im a handy person and i prefer to do a diy/self check before paying someone to check it for me.

Thanks in advance.

Do PM me your number so I can add you inside our DIY group. some of the guys might be able to help. if interested, do reply me here so i can check my inbox. many times i failed to received PM.

Assalamualaikum/Hello to fellow bikers...

Price : $19.90 Only with installation !!!LOWEST PRICE IN CAROUSELL !!!

100% Genuine Made In USA.

Over 400 pairs were sold !!!

PROMOTION !!!

Buy 2 pairs and above at $18/= per pair only !!! Purchase 4 pairs and above and enjoy free delivery + installation..

Contact me at 83885695 (Wan)

Pls check my listing at Carousell :

https://carousell.com/grabongrip

* 100 pairs sold in a month !! Customers who bought it, recommended to their friends coz this product WERKZ !!!

A MUST HAVE for your daily ride !!

-----------------------------------

- Grab On Grip covers reduce vibration and give you a softer feel, reducing hand and wrist fatigue, so you won't have that tingly feeling in your hands after a long ride.

- There are riders riding sportbikes with low handle bars, complain of sore palms from leaning on the grips for so long. With Grab On Grip covers, these problems will be a thing of the past !!!

- Grab On Grip covers allow you to ride in more comfort, especially on those long rides. PERFECT for the daily commuter, tour rider, and sport riders alike.

Features

---------

- Slip over existing grips for greater comfort, or to renew worn grips.

- Work with heated or standard grips.

- Save $$$, no need change the whole heater grip system which is very costly.

- Shock absorbing EPDM foam for a smoother ride.

- Provide comfort to wrist and palm. (Great for touring !!)

- Glove friendly.

- Extra durable, ozone, UV, gas and oil resistant

- Grip Covers MC402/width 1.25-1.45"/5"Length.

** Fits class 2, 2A, 2B bikes as long as its a standard grip, it can fit .

** There's customers that bought and fit it on their bicycles too !!!

Great for city riding where there's lots of traffic light, your hand will be tired during the on going "stop go" situation, this product will help to ease the stress on palm n wrist. Highly recommended for despatch/delivery riders.

"Once you try it, you'll LOVE it"

NOTE : Lot of customers been asking what's the difference between Grab On Grip with another brand that's selling @ $30-$35.

Ans :

- 1st of all, Grab on Grip is Made in USA while the other grip is Made in UK. So the difference in currencies. USD vs Pound Sterling

- Difference in QUALITY. No doubt both are EPDM Foam but customers that have used Grab On Grip and have tried the "other brand", eventually came back to use Grab On Grip. Customers claimed that the "other brand" became smelly after using it for awhile and it tends to slip to the balancer causing the throttle to "stuck" which is VERY DANGEROUS. They have never face this problem when using Grab On Grip. Well, expensive things doesn't mean its good.

- Some customers asked how come mine is "cheaper" than the rest ?

Ans : There's no need for me to claim i'm the "dealer/distributor" when the product i sell is 100% Genuine Made in USA.. As a biker, I wanted to share my great experience of using this product for more than 5 years at an affordable price.

------------------------------------

Tags : BMW - All models. Ducati - All Models. KTM - All Models. Harleys (Only if its standard grips. Those oversize grips, can't fit). Triumph - All models. Moto Guzzi, Reiju, Kawasaki - All models. Honda - All models. Yamaha - All models. Phantom, RXZ, Piaggio Vespa Gilera, Motard, Scramblers, Kups.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337219[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337220[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337221[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337222[/ATTACH]

#GrabOnGrip #GOG

Edited by WanFazer

"Shut Up n Ride"

• 2 weeks later...
is it possible to replace engine oil for gts200 with car engine oil?

hi,I knew why u asked for it;car eng. oil is so much cheaper & come mostly in 4/l. but bear in mind car about 2k rpm/m. cycle allways above 6k rpm.there's some sp. additive chem. add to m/cycle oil (spec comes with API SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN being the highest/ also JASO MA2(Jap.standard) U can buy at ntuc 4-stroke fully Syn. Motorcycle oil at 9.9(7.9 when offer;must be quick because i be the one to sar-poo liao. Ha-ha-ha & good luck,do i ans. yr. Qstn?

hi,I knew why u asked for it;car eng. oil is so much cheaper & come mostly in 4/l. but bear in mind car about 2k rpm/m. cycle allways above 6k rpm.there's some sp. additive chem. add to m/cycle oil (spec comes with API SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN being the highest/ also JASO MA2(Jap.standard) U can buy at ntuc 4-stroke fully Syn. Motorcycle oil at 9.9(7.9 when offer;must be quick because i be the one to sar-poo liao. Ha-ha-ha & good luck,do i ans. yr. Qstn?

get amsoil for bike