SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Keep failing prac 4 assessment at ssdc

Failed my assessment for the 6th time today and i honestly feel like giving up. Every assessment is a different mistake. The timing for my figure 8 and narrow plank always doesn't meet the criteria and i dont know what to and what not to do at the junction after the crank course. Any tips will help, thank you 

Took me 4 tries to pass the circuit assessment, but I'll tell you, practice makes perfect.
I know that sian feeling but don't give up. You'll get there soon.

For figure 8, you need to minimally go at 12-15km/h, try to keep the throttle constant.
Just before you turn into the curve of the figure 8, turn off your signal and focus on the throttle.
Don't be afraid that you're going to fall, you just have to grip the tank with your knees and believe in physics.
In the middle of the figure 8 during the straight path, speed up slightly and before you enter the curve again, turn on the signal.
Look up and look towards the tester's seat to see if there are any oncoming vehicles so you know whether you need to stop.
If you need to stop, don't panic, ease off the throttle slightly and just before you make the left turn out of the curve, step more on the rear brake so that your balance is there.

For narrow plank, look far ahead, grip the tank tight but not too tight.
I like to hold my breath, haha, not sure if that would help you.
Before I go up the ramp, my speed is usually 5-8km/h. You can't go too slow otherwise you won't make it up the ramp and you might fall off.
Once you're up the ramp, continue holding the half-clutch position and keep the throttle constant.
Don't even think of using your front brakes.
Use your rear brake slightly whenever you feel you're going too fast, and if the bike is too slow to the point it might topple, use the half-clutch technique to slightly throttle up.
Just before you go down the ramp, I like to use more rear brake to extend my timing.

At the junction after the crank course, at the stop line, come to a stop.
Make sure your bike is more towards the left of the road.
Check for traffic on the right, look straight, then check back right, and move off.
Just before your bike is turning left, check blind spot left.
At the traffic light, make sure you turn your head to check for traffic on the left (because there's a minor to major road and vehicles may turn into your path).
When you're changing lane, go near to the dotted line but don't go ON the dotted line, check blind spot right, then gradually ease your bike past the dotted line into the next lane. (Don't let them fault you for abrupt lane-changing).

Hope I was able to help, and I hope you'll pass your circuit assessment soon :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mumuducky said:

Took me 4 tries to pass the circuit assessment, but I'll tell you, practice makes perfect.

For figure 8, you need to minimally go at 12-15km/h, try to keep the throttle constant.
Just before you turn into the curve of the figure 8, turn off your signal and focus on the throttle.
Don't be afraid that you're going to fall, you just have to grip the tank with your knees and believe in physics.
In the middle of the figure 8 during the straight path, speed up slightly and before you enter the curve again, turn on the signal.
Look up and look towards the tester's seat to see if there are any oncoming vehicles so you know whether you need to stop.
If you need to stop, don't panic, ease off the throttle slightly and just before you make the left turn out of the curve, step more on the rear brake so that your balance is there.

Before I go up the ramp, my speed is usually 5-8km/h. You can't go too slow otherwise you won't make it up the ramp and you might fall off.
Once you're up the ramp, continue holding the half-clutch position and keep the throttle constant.
Use your rear brake slightly whenever you feel you're going too fast, and if the bike is too slow to the point it might topple, use the half-clutch technique to slightly throttle up.
Just before you go down the ramp, I like to use more rear brake to extend my timing.

Check for traffic on the right, look straight, then check back right, and move off.
At the traffic light, make sure you turn your head to check for traffic on the left (because there's a minor to major road and vehicles may turn into your path).
When you're changing lane, go near to the dotted line but don't go ON the dotted line, check blind spot right, then gradually ease your bike past the dotted line into the next lane. (Don't let them fault you for abrupt lane-changing).

Thank you so much for your time and help! I'll listen to your advices. I appreciate it alot! ^_^

8 hours ago, Mumuducky said:

awesome advise! 

Additional tips

Figure 8, just remember to look where you wan to go and you will automatically turn that side.. (remember this and it could save your life) - I was on the road once and I tot I'll crash into that barrier because I'm too fast (about 50km/h) with less then 10 meters to the barrier.. then I remember this theory and pray it works.. I managed to did a "almost" 90 degree sharp right turn with my wheels slightly brushing the kerb.. 

Plank, full clutch to slow down or half clutch to move off abit. Rear brake I think I was braking on it all the way.. (VERY VERY gentle) 

8 hours ago, Vertuoso said:

Thank you so much for your time and help! I'll listen to your advices. I appreciate it alot! ^_^

hope that you pass and remember to ride defensively after u gotten your license! :) 

• Thanks 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

10 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

awesome advise! 

Additional tips

Figure 8, just remember to look where you wan to go and you will automatically turn that side.. (remember this and it could save your life) - I was on the road once and I tot I'll crash into that barrier because I'm too fast (about 50km/h) with less then 10 meters to the barrier.. then I remember this theory and pray it works.. I managed to did a "almost" 90 degree sharp right turn with my wheels slightly brushing the kerb.. 

Plank, full clutch to slow down or half clutch to move off abit. Rear brake I think I was braking on it all the way.. (VERY VERY gentle) 

hope that you pass and remember to ride defensively after u gotten your license! :) 

Thank you so much,i will keep all that in mind. Appreciate it alot :D

Just one more regarding the plank...

If you don't meet the timing, it's -2 points... if you go too slow and fall off, it's IF. When push comes to shove, go faster and make it across.

Good luck!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Issac said:

Just one more regarding the plank...

If you don't meet the timing, it's -2 points... if you go too slow and fall off, it's IF. When push comes to shove, go faster and make it across.

Good luck!

Yes! i will keep that in mind, Thank you! ^_^

On 5/11/2021 at 10:18 PM, Vertuoso said:

Failed my assessment for the 6th time today and i honestly feel like giving up. Every assessment is a different mistake. The timing for my figure 8 and narrow plank always doesn't meet the criteria and i dont know what to and what not to do at the junction after the crank course. Any tips will help, thank you 

Failed for the 7th time however, managed to clear all the courses without getting any points. Failed due to blindspots and my left foot isn't on the peg while riding. 

Edited by Vertuoso

don't give up. i was in ur shoes just a few months back and i know how frustrating it can get (coming from someone who repeated majority of the lessons an average of 5 times)

i repeated assessment 5 times and passed on the 5th time with 18 pts, was the "only sole survivor out of everyone" according to the instructor haha. L4 is known to be pretty tough for a lot of my friends at ssdc, so don't get disheartened. 

i'm still taking my 2b, so just take my tips with a grain of salt as i'm still learning as well.

for fig8, whatever you do, DO NOT look at the kerb. just look at the cones or 1-1.5m above the ground at where you want to go.
my fig8 was rly bad at first so what i did for was to ignore my timing and focus on technique first. remember to lean and trust the bike and go at a speed you are comfortable with. then u can progressively pick up speed, remember to tap the rear brake if u feel like you're going too fast!

for plank.. i look at the end of the plank or straight ahead, never on the ground around the plank. i dont think i use rear brake that much. kiap the tank, loosen ur torso. DONT lean on either side if the bike is falling, just move the handlebars. not sure how to help here coz never rly had a problem with plank :classic_sad:

at the junction, im assuming you mean at the traffic light and not the stop line before that. if it's red light, u should form 2 rows (i THINK, cant rmb alr sorry :/)and wait. once green light, check back right and move off. signal right but don't change lane inside the yellow box, change after u pass it. remember to check blindspot before changing lane. at this point you should be at the next stop line in front of the plank/slalom tester-ish. form 2 rows, before moving off rmb check back again

4 hours ago, Vertuoso said:

Failed for the 7th time however, managed to clear all the courses without getting any points. Failed due to blindspots and my left foot isn't on the peg while riding. 

do you go for circuit revisions? if you don't, you should go and practice the whole test route and simulate the assessment. Blindspot left before every left turn, and BS right for every right turn. dont be afraid to ask the instructors to take a look and help you as well, they are really vvv nice and will help u the best they can. instructor nizal helped me with my crank course for a whole hour and i really cannot thank him enough for it. 

from one 2b learner to another, hope you get this over and done with soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dun give up.

I think i passed only on my 6th attempt.

Keep on gg for CR.

I go for an average of 2 CR before 1 lesson 4.

Each CR i repeat and repeat and repeat the weak points.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update:I finally passed my assessment on the 8th try!!! Thank you all for the help and advices!! And to those that feel like giving up, don't worry! I am proof that you'll make it if you dont give up ^_^

• Like 3

On 6/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, Vertuoso said:

Update:I finally passed my assessment on the 8th try!!! Thank you all for the help and advices!! And to those that feel like giving up, don't worry! I am proof that you'll make it if you dont give up ^_^

L5 time! another notoriously challenging lesson. but you’ll get it. have confidence in yourself on the road and always tell yourself to ride defensively!!

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:50 PM, Pisces44 said:

L7 is road + L4 (here we go again...)

haha.. once you got your license.. you get a awesome feeling..

Once you got your own bike. you got another extremely awesome feeling.. :D 

• Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055