Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SG-JB border reopen on 1st Apr


Pisces44

Recommended Posts

The video circulating around is fake one, even msian government ask ppl stop spoiling market scare people. 

In the Facebook crossing help and discussion groups thousands of people in and out smoothly like normal only. People just making jokes about the Singapore cars shake here shake there put jack when pump petrol only. 

Likewise Malaysians happy to come here work and enjoy the lack of crowd, fast buses. No crime.

Edited by pinksheep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

Anyone rode to JB n come back in 1 piece ? Never kena robbed or steal or cheaten ?

Recently saw some video where riders were kena robbed...

yeah.. they are fake ones.. unless they go social media then they are responsible for what they post.. WhatsApp and etc is all fake ones..

10 hours ago, pinksheep said:

The video circulating around is fake one, even msian government ask ppl stop spoiling market scare people. 

In the Facebook crossing help and discussion groups thousands of people in and out smoothly like normal only. People just making jokes about the Singapore cars shake here shake there put jack when pump petrol only. 

Likewise Malaysians happy to come here work and enjoy the lack of crowd, fast buses. No crime.

agreed.. 

 

Fyi.. someone's brake kanna cut off.. at KSL...

33c1bfd2-fc62-4042-bd10-6a6ee0407e4a.jpg

Edited by adesmond2
adding information

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2022 at 6:54 AM, adesmond2 said:

yeah.. they are fake ones.. unless they go social media then they are responsible for what they post.. WhatsApp and etc is all fake ones..

agreed.. 

 

Fyi.. someone's brake kanna cut off.. at KSL...

33c1bfd2-fc62-4042-bd10-6a6ee0407e4a.jpg

Brembo brake kena stolen ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pisces44 said:

Brembo brake kena stolen ?

yeah... from Singapore Big Bikes fb page

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all, so far riding bike in to jb custom do they check the vacine status. I already update liao a wk ago but still no update from them

2001 - 2003 = Krr150

2003 - 2004 = Pb1 s4

2004 - 2005 = Srad 750k1

2005 - 2005 = X9 180

2005 - 2005 = Srad 750 k1

2005 - 2006 = S4 ver S

2006 - 2007 = Phamton 150

2008 - 2010 = Phamton 150

2010 - now = Kymco Grand Dink 250

2007 - now = Kia Cerato 1.6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, k.yutaka said:

Hi all, so far riding bike in to jb custom do they check the vacine status. I already update liao a wk ago but still no update from them


I rode over on Friday, they didn’t ask for the vaccination status or proof I had the MySejahtera app downloaded. 
 

I did however get caught out with the lack of an Autopass card? I didn’t think SG bikes needed one? Although maybe I took the wrong Lane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pinksheep said:

We can use the dual purpose touch n go ezlink card to pay the toll I think. It's being sold on shopee and 7 eleven shops. Autopass I believe for Malaysian vehicles. 

The ezlink card didn’t work :(  Oddly there was no fee when I went manual, they just recorded passport details and keys  

Definitely worth buying the touch n go in Singapore, I haven’t found any stock in Johor yet (they’ve only tried to sell me the RFID - 35RM), which I couldn’t understand how we could attach it to our headlight (as per the JPJ email)  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, k.yutaka said:

Hi all, so far riding bike in to jb custom do they check the vacine status. I already update liao a wk ago but still no update from them

yeah.. so far I see online.. no checks yet.. the app is definitely required when you going in shopping centres..

On 4/9/2022 at 11:30 PM, Phantom_200 said:


I rode over on Friday, they didn’t ask for the vaccination status or proof I had the MySejahtera app downloaded. 
 

I did however get caught out with the lack of an Autopass card? I didn’t think SG bikes needed one? Although maybe I took the wrong Lane. 

weird.. auto pass...

On 4/10/2022 at 4:31 AM, pinksheep said:

We can use the dual purpose touch n go ezlink card to pay the toll I think. It's being sold on shopee and 7 eleven shops. Autopass I believe for Malaysian vehicles. 

ya.. need to top up the card at Malaysia petrol stations..

20 hours ago, Phantom_200 said:

The ezlink card didn’t work :(  Oddly there was no fee when I went manual, they just recorded passport details and keys  

Definitely worth buying the touch n go in Singapore, I haven’t found any stock in Johor yet (they’ve only tried to sell me the RFID - 35RM), which I couldn’t understand how we could attach it to our headlight (as per the JPJ email)  

 

ya.. need to top up the card at Malaysia petrol stations..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

yeah.. so far I see online.. no checks yet.. the app is definitely required when you going in shopping centres..

weird.. auto pass...

ya.. need to top up the card at Malaysia petrol stations..

ya.. need to top up the card at Malaysia petrol stations..

Agreed re the MySejahtera app, most places request you to open scan in (so you need a local sim card or roaming).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I got back a couple of days ago and I did say I'd report back so....

 

  • Woodlands to JB took about 35 minutes (Friday 4.30pm), I had to get off the bike on SG Customs and manually scan my passport / thumbprints (I'm still not quite clear why )
    • Malaysian border - make sure you take the manual lane unless you have a Malaysian passport
  • Traffic in JB was heavy on Friday afternoon, we took the E22 out to the East Coast which was pretty much empty 
  • JB to Woodlands crossing took about 20 minutes, again the automated gates didn't work on the SG customs side (I had completed my SG Arrival card)
  • Fuel in Johor was 3.81RM per litre (97 at Petronas) - SGD 1.25 per litre. The price seemed flat state wide for Petronas, so don't worry about topping up near the border. Don't bother trying the 95 as it looks bad on the Singaporean bikers and the garage owner can get fined. Card payment at the pump was very easy (although note Petronas takes 200MYR from your account before it reconciles it overnight).

I was never questioned for the JBJ documentation, bike documentation, vaccination or MySejahtera app at the border - I was only ever checked for MySejahtera app in supermarkets and some restaurants. As usual Singapore customs checked the bikes and the luggage on arrival, a reasonably thorough search so for your own good, please don't try to go against the system and bring back items you know you shouldn't.

I found mask wearing to be sporadic (I didn't hang around in central JB), I believe compulsory everywhere unless eating, but definitely not as strict as Singapore was when outdoor mask wearing was mandatory. Masks were paper, medical, cloth or even just face covering with a scarf.

 

I imagine this coming weekend will be busier but it wasn't a bad crossing, I secured my bike when I left it, I have no bad things to say of the trip or my experience, remember that whilst it isn't as safe as Singapore (where is?), if you're sensible I'm sure everyone will be fine. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
On 4/10/2022 at 4:31 AM, pinksheep said:

We can use the dual purpose touch n go ezlink card to pay the toll I think. It's being sold on shopee and 7 eleven shops. Autopass I believe for Malaysian vehicles. 

@pinksheep No toll for motorbikes right? As far as i know Touch'n'Go not needed for motorcycles unless i'm mistaken?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SBF said:

@pinksheep No toll for motorbikes right? As far as i know Touch'n'Go not needed for motorcycles unless i'm mistaken?

No charge for bikes when I went across, I think cars are 20RM  / SGD6.60

 

Merged posts

 

From 15 April, Singapore Residents and LTP Holders can skip the SG Arrival Card when entering from the land border with Malaysia.  Full details from Aaron here - 

 

https://milelion.com/2022/04/13/malaysia-singapore-land-travel-sg-arrival-card-scrapped-for-singapore-residents-and-ltp-holders/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A helpful checklist created by a member of Malaysia-Singapore Border Crossers (MSBC) Facebook group

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/11KqCN3jJQwg2A2rC_zYI5odGcbm58nAkz1uyn-zZY4k/mobilebasic

Quote

As at 18 Apr 2022

Steps for Singaporeans/PRs driving into Malaysia

Overview

Below are the broad steps to be completed.

For vehicles, the steps can be completed quite fast.  

For people, it takes longer and there is one step that takes 1 week or more. So best to get everything done even if you have no immediate plans to go Malaysia.

Each person must have:

- Activated their MySejahtera App with status Fully Vaccinated (takes a week or more)

this is similar to our TraceTogether App. It is used to:

check-in at malls, restaurants etc. and show our vaccination status.  

So very similar to our TraceTogether.

- Uploaded their Singapore Vaccination Cert to be checked/verified by Malaysia’s Ministry of Health (MOH). Done here: mysafetravel.gov.my 

Note: If you’re traveling by Land (Driving or Bus etc.):

No need for Travel Insurance

No need M’sian eTraveller Arrival Form

No need any pre-departure Covid Test

Each vehicle must have:

- Registered for VEP at vep.jpj.gov.my

- Updated VEP record with current Insurance & Road Tax expiry etc.

- Activated Touch n Go Card

Your current one is very likely to be dormant (inactive) and can’t be reactivated. You will need a new one (can buy in SG) or borrow one to cross over & then get yourself a new one  when in JB.

*** end of Overview ***

 

Edited by pinksheep
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the VEP, car drivers say don't purchase the VEP tag, u waste RM35, there is currently no way to change the country of registration to SG. 

Hence recommend "wait for further instruction" regarding VEP tag installation and keep the approval email. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Just came back from a 3-day solo trip. Visited my relatives at Batu Pahat on the first day and played fireworks. 2nd day had a chalet booked at Pahang Cheranting beach and chiong all the way up there nearly 5 hours straight. Enjoyed the beach and seafood. Last day planned a route to Mersing and stumbled a war museum half-way through which was interesting. Didn't stayed at Mersing for long as I still have time to go back home to Sg. 

My_Journey.PNG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HendricksonX said:

Just came back from a 3-day solo trip. Visited my relatives at Batu Pahat on the first day and played fireworks. 2nd day had a chalet booked at Pahang Cheranting beach and chiong all the way up there nearly 5 hours straight. Enjoyed the beach and seafood. Last day planned a route to Mersing and stumbled a war museum half-way through which was interesting. Didn't stayed at Mersing for long as I still have time to go back home to Sg. 

My_Journey.PNG

sounded interesting.. any trip photos? 😏

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks cool man, hope you enjoyed the outing! 

I miss the freedom feeling of crossing causeway, our little SBF Makan group may host a cross border trip in the near future 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had also rode into Msia on 4 May, pretty straight forward, pass passport to the customs officer, they will scan and also ask you to place both index fingers on their reader to scan. Once all good you are in.
 

They didn’t require the need to check the app, or your vaccination status. Neither did the shopping mall entrance require any checks on the app or scanning.

Hope it helps. 

16 hours ago, pinksheep said:

Looks cool man, hope you enjoyed the outing! 

I miss the freedom feeling of crossing causeway, our little SBF Makan group may host a cross border trip in the near future 😉

Would be my pleasure to plan one short sunrise /breakfast ride. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, HendricksonX said:

20220503_135404.jpg

744548348_20220503_175720_LI(2).jpg

awesome... would definitely love to go tour again.. but at least wait until my youngest primary school.. which is dunno how many more years more.. 😂

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Does Singapore 2B need a VEP and a pre-loaded touch and go card? Would be good to know since pre-loaded cards are going for $20++ on Lazada/Carousell.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • SingaporeBikes Banner-ShellBAU_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...