Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?


Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

  1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

    • BBDC
      10
    • CDC
      6


Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.a274959c3ae402751a099526bc6f2a36.png

I seem to be attracted to this bike as while it looks a little "retro" and ground clearance isn't the best.... the price seems quite agreeable... opinions?
Oh yea.... and this color is pretty nice..

Edited by snooptrader
Added "color" opinion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

What a rainy day! Hahah, I wish I could buy a bike.... yesterday blew quite a bit to do up my 4 legged ride...

If the rain clears up a bit, I might sneak there alone to have a look...

 

24 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

image.thumb.png.a274959c3ae402751a099526bc6f2a36.png

I seem to be attracted to this bike as while it looks a little "retro" and ground clearance isn't the best.... the price seems quite agreeable... opinions?
Oh yea.... and this color is pretty nice..

It seems alot of offers for new bikes at the road show.. go and buy to enjoy the offers.. I saw somewhere offer 1.9% interest if you going for instalment.. 

 

I didn't see the new bikes since my COE still got at least 5 years.. wait COE end then I'll start looking again for used bikes.. hahahaha...*preferred 2nd hand over 1st hand.. haha

 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

image.thumb.png.a274959c3ae402751a099526bc6f2a36.png

I seem to be attracted to this bike as while it looks a little "retro" and ground clearance isn't the best.... the price seems quite agreeable... opinions?
Oh yea.... and this color is pretty nice..

CB150R? I rode on this during the Honda Thailand course. Could do with more power but handles well and should be easy to maintain. The ground clearance isn't much of an issue when on road. This bike not meant for going offroad anyway. Unless u wanna go up/down kerbs to park on pavement? 😄 i wish it had a main/center stand though.

i saw a couple of these are available for rental here. Perhaps you can rent one for a week or so to try out before biting the bullet.

p.s. i think the red color one has additional 2hp but this grey is quite unique.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, adesmond2 said:

 

It seems alot of offers for new bikes at the road show.. go and buy to enjoy the offers.. I saw somewhere offer 1.9% interest if you going for instalment.. 

 

I didn't see the new bikes since my COE still got at least 5 years.. wait COE end then I'll start looking again for used bikes.. hahahaha...*preferred 2nd hand over 1st hand.. haha

 

Also must look for the better dealers... Some of them; must stay away like a ten foot pole...

7 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

CB150R? I rode on this during the Honda Thailand course. Could do with more power but handles well and should be easy to maintain. The ground clearance isn't much of an issue when on road. This bike not meant for going offroad anyway. Unless u wanna go up/down kerbs to park on pavement? 😄 i wish it had a main/center stand though.

i saw a couple of these are available for rental here. Perhaps you can rent one for a week or so to try out before biting the bullet.

p.s. i think the red color one has additional 2hp but this grey is quite unique.

It looked the most reasonable of bikes.. and for second hand ones... but you are right.. best is to rent and try. Even if underpowered... I was just thinking to have a low mileage one to keep for weekends... but talk is cheap... because will need the license first :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

CB150R? I rode on this during the Honda Thailand course. Could do with more power but handles well and should be easy to maintain. The ground clearance isn't much of an issue when on road. This bike not meant for going offroad anyway. Unless u wanna go up/down kerbs to park on pavement? 😄 i wish it had a main/center stand though.

i saw a couple of these are available for rental here. Perhaps you can rent one for a week or so to try out before biting the bullet.

p.s. i think the red color one has additional 2hp but this grey is quite unique.

colour can change.. haha... so get red and change colour afterwards.. 😛 

but again.. so far I never hear anything bad about this bike.. so 👍

 

7 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Also must look for the better dealers... Some of them; must stay away like a ten foot pole...

It looked the most reasonable of bikes.. and for second hand ones... but you are right.. best is to rent and try. Even if underpowered... I was just thinking to have a low mileage one to keep for weekends... but talk is cheap... because will need the license first :D

hahaha.. main point is read the fine lines/words.. ask if in doubt.. :)

haha.. how's your lesson? TP soon? 😏

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, snooptrader said:

What a rainy day! Hahah, I wish I could buy a bike.... yesterday blew quite a bit to do up my 4 legged ride...

If the rain clears up a bit, I might sneak there alone to have a look...

U can buy.. just cannot put under ur name for now.. i bought my bike when i just started my lesson 1.. took mi 6 months b4 i can ride it hahaha.. 

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

image.thumb.png.a274959c3ae402751a099526bc6f2a36.png

I seem to be attracted to this bike as while it looks a little "retro" and ground clearance isn't the best.... the price seems quite agreeable... opinions?
Oh yea.... and this color is pretty nice..

This is a nice bike.. i wanna get previously oso.. haha 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

U can buy.. just cannot put under ur name for now.. i bought my bike when i just started my lesson 1.. took mi 6 months b4 i can ride it hahaha.. 

This is a nice bike.. i wanna get previously oso.. haha 

 

ohhh.. cannot put under own name first meh? 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

colour can change.. haha... so get red and change colour afterwards.. 😛 

but again.. so far I never hear anything bad about this bike.. so 👍

 

hahaha.. main point is read the fine lines/words.. ask if in doubt.. :)

haha.. how's your lesson? TP soon? 😏

I don't think I will get the bike resprayed.. will likely keep it factory.

Can't go for on-road yet. Need to do the defensive riding theory.... so am just trying to get more and more RC...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2022 at 1:36 PM, Nakuru said:

U can buy.. just cannot put under ur name for now.. i bought my bike when i just started my lesson 1.. took mi 6 months b4 i can ride it hahaha.. 

This is a nice bike.. i wanna get previously oso.. haha 

 

I can't put it under anyone's name as nobody in my family rides... I'll just wait till I can buy under one's own name.

Did a lot of sums and really, even second hand bike.... the depreciation that sellers are asking are near present COE prices which just doesn't make sense.

I'll just keep a look out for now... Just focus on the basic first. Once that is done, can slowly do search later.

Off topic a bit; didn't go to national bike week as had too much errands to run; ok, took an unscheduled bicycle ride at East Coast Park - needed some air and to feel the breeze.

No lessons this week and I really miss being on a motorbike; hence went for a bicycle ride... :D
*Now that's my latest update :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, adesmond2 said:

ohhh.. cannot put under own name first meh? 

Need a license cos need to buy insurance etc all under own name..

On 11/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, snooptrader said:

I don't think I will get the bike resprayed.. will likely keep it factory.

Can't go for on-road yet. Need to do the defensive riding theory.... so am just trying to get more and more RC...

U actually dun need tt much RC la.. just book it nearer towards lesson 8 n TP better..

2 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

I can't put it under anyone's name as nobody in my family rides... I'll just wait till I can buy under one's own name.

Did a lot of sums and really, even second hand bike.... the depreciation that sellers are asking are near present COE prices which just doesn't make sense.

I'll just keep a look out for now... Just focus on the basic first. Once that is done, can slowly do search later.

Off topic a bit; didn't go to national bike week as had too much errands to run; ok, took an unscheduled bicycle ride at East Coast Park - needed some air and to feel the breeze.

No lessons this week and I really miss being on a motorbike; hence went for a bicycle ride... :D
*Now that's my latest update :D

I end up didnt go for the national bike week too.. my husb is there for the ktm group ride thou.. i juz stay home.. recently bought a dog so lazing on the sofa with him now haha

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nakuru said:

I end up didnt go for the national bike week too.. my husb is there for the ktm group ride thou.. i juz stay home.. recently bought a dog so lazing on the sofa with him now haha

what type of dog?

on my last drive to Thai, i met a shopowner that has 4 Akita Inus and 2 other large fierce dogs i didn't recognise. But i'm more comfortable with cats 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

what type of dog?

on my last drive to Thai, i met a shopowner that has 4 Akita Inus and 2 other large fierce dogs i didn't recognise. But i'm more comfortable with cats 😄

Haha dogs are cute.. but a lot more difficulties taking care than compared to cats.. mine's a mini dachshund.. i hope he stays mini thou since we recently brought him to a dachshund event and he's bigger than other minis.. currently 5 mths n hard to potty train.. stubborn breed is stubborn 🤦🏻‍♀️20221016_231958.thumb.jpg.d4c0ca67e73d3834de26ab033894269b.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, snooptrader said:

I don't think I will get the bike resprayed.. will likely keep it factory.

icic... I usually tend to make it my own unique designs... 😛 

 

15 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Need a license cos need to buy insurance etc all under own name..

U actually dun need tt much RC la.. just book it nearer towards lesson 8 n TP better..

I end up didnt go for the national bike week too.. my husb is there for the ktm group ride thou.. i juz stay home.. recently bought a dog so lazing on the sofa with him now haha

ohhh.. okok.. Didn't know that.. ohhh.. so those people that brought a bike before gotten license is using friends or family..

Dog? Good luck.. I used to have one.. until I gave it away.. super angry with it.. (not really mine also) pick up from the streets - tried to find the owner but no luck.. bring to see vet and believe already give birth until cannot birth anymore..

train it for 2 years.. but every time bark and still bit me and my wife.. (I know it's playing) but still.. haix.. it like to bite behind your ankle that soft part.. super painful one...

 

12 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Yolo.. i went in the end.. not i riding thou hahaha 

20221106_201536.thumb.jpg.b41f0ebcaa6ff91db1e1574bb48eacf1.jpg

nice nice.. got hear my name during the lucky draw? haha..

 

6 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Haha dogs are cute.. but a lot more difficulties taking care than compared to cats.. mine's a mini dachshund.. i hope he stays mini thou since we recently brought him to a dachshund event and he's bigger than other minis.. currently 5 mths n hard to potty train.. stubborn breed is stubborn 🤦🏻‍♀️20221016_231958.thumb.jpg.d4c0ca67e73d3834de26ab033894269b.jpg

👍

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

Dog? Good luck.. I used to have one.. until I gave it away.. super angry with it.. (not really mine also) pick up from the streets - tried to find the owner but no luck.. bring to see vet and believe already give birth until cannot birth anymore..

train it for 2 years.. but every time bark and still bit me and my wife.. (I know it's playing) but still.. haix.. it like to bite behind your ankle that soft part.. super painful one...

older dogs usually harder to train 

just like its harder for older people to learn to ride bike 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

ohhh.. okok.. Didn't know that.. ohhh.. so those people that brought a bike before gotten license is using friends or family..

Dog? Good luck.. I used to have one.. until I gave it away.. super angry with it.. (not really mine also) pick up from the streets - tried to find the owner but no luck.. bring to see vet and believe already give birth until cannot birth anymore..

train it for 2 years.. but every time bark and still bit me and my wife.. (I know it's playing) but still.. haix.. it like to bite behind your ankle that soft part.. super painful one...

tts y my bike was initially under @sameoldshitz ma.. 

ya lor.. i angry with the dog oso.. sometimes listen sometimes dun.. i will shout at him NO when he bark then he will diam after tt. fortunately he dun bark alot in the 1st place.. but the teeth.... i will grab the snout n stare at him n say NO. then he will stop oso.. supposed to use positive training la but i short tempered hahaha

2 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

nice nice.. got hear my name during the lucky draw? haha..

never leh.. anyway they only give prizes to those who attended the lucky draw.. alot of ppl got 1st prize but nv turn up.. draw like 5 times then got a winner.. zontes bike leh 

2 hours ago, shiba2b said:

older dogs usually harder to train 

just like its harder for older people to learn to ride bike 😄

he 5 months old puppy only..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

tts y my bike was initially under @sameoldshitz ma.. 

ya lor.. i angry with the dog oso.. sometimes listen sometimes dun.. i will shout at him NO when he bark then he will diam after tt. fortunately he dun bark alot in the 1st place.. but the teeth.... i will grab the snout n stare at him n say NO. then he will stop oso.. supposed to use positive training la but i short tempered hahaha

never leh.. anyway they only give prizes to those who attended the lucky draw.. alot of ppl got 1st prize but nv turn up.. draw like 5 times then got a winner.. zontes bike leh 

he 5 months old puppy only..

ohhh... icic...

LOL.. Dog is like this de lor.. never ask around before buying one? when walking the dog, dun allow it to walk infront of you also.. keep it behind your legs.. 

ohhh.. I tot they got hourly draws and those will call them de? only first 10 prizes if I'm not wrong.. the main prize is my friend.. a skinny guy with specs.. haha.. let me find his photo.. him right? (cover his face cuz it's his photo) haha..

1661420266_Screenshot2022-11-07at12_12_42PM.png

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, adesmond2 said:

ohhh... icic...

LOL.. Dog is like this de lor.. never ask around before buying one? when walking the dog, dun allow it to walk infront of you also.. keep it behind your legs.. 

ohhh.. I tot they got hourly draws and those will call them de? only first 10 prizes if I'm not wrong.. the main prize is my friend.. a skinny guy with specs.. haha.. let me find his photo.. him right?

1661420266_Screenshot2022-11-07at12_12_42PM.png

eh i dunno leh.. i was there in the evening like 7pm for top 3 i think.. i nv stay all the way to see the face of the winner.. hahaha 

ya i told @sameoldshitz to keep the dog behind oso.. bringing him to go for obedience class in dec or jan.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

i was referring to adesmond2's old dog that he rescued from street.

oh oh!! ya.. old dogs harder to train.. need alot of patience... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

i was referring to adesmond2's old dog that he rescued from street.

 

13 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

oh oh!! ya.. old dogs harder to train.. need alot of patience... 

train for 2 years.. and brought to training school.. at school very guai.. come back same pattern.. nvm.. give to others who can give her more attention.. (since my first born just out also)

  • Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2022 at 4:48 PM, Nakuru said:

Need a license cos need to buy insurance etc all under own name..

U actually dun need tt much RC la.. just book it nearer towards lesson 8 n TP better..

I end up didnt go for the national bike week too.. my husb is there for the ktm group ride thou.. i juz stay home.. recently bought a dog so lazing on the sofa with him now haha

Yes, agree, and hence need to have a license.

I just need RC to ensure that have enough practice to get going. Besides, I like riding, so want to be sure that circuit can clear.

Nice, saw your dog in the later post... just note that please do take care of your dog in good times and tough times... we can control their fate and their lives are in our hands... in medical and all... when they are old and sick (and don't look so nice), must still love them lots!

12 hours ago, shiba2b said:

older dogs usually harder to train

Oi bro, stop talking about me! :D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

icic... I usually tend to make it my own unique designs... 😛

If you have the biker style... (taste) is nice.. I'm those kinda boring standard bike.. so no stickers etc.. aka I've no designer taste... :D

...... I step by step.... learn to ride first and then "Stay on the bike".. :D

8 hours ago, Nakuru said:

oh oh!! ya.. old dogs harder to train.. need alot of patience... 

... I already said stop talking about me.... :D

On 11/6/2022 at 8:16 PM, Nakuru said:

Yolo.. i went in the end.. not i riding thou hahaha 

20221106_201536.thumb.jpg.b41f0ebcaa6ff91db1e1574bb48eacf1.jpg

Nice Grom... and I'm eyeing the MT-15 behind it.... :D

Edited by snooptrader
Not a designer...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

this is incredibly sad.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/singaporean-dies-in-kamala-motorcycle-crash

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/singaporean-killed-phuket-accident-first-time-riding-motorbike-did-so-against-parents

When the (brief) news first came out a few days ago, i was wondering if they rode up from SG or had flown to Phuket and rented a scooter, as well as the riders' experience. Only later did the thai site mentioned it was a Honda Click (scooter), thus it was probably a local rental.

It's been quite a few years since i last went to Phuket but i remember the terrain is pretty hilly. That plus seemingly crazy local drivers. Definitely not easy to handle a bike/scooter esp with pillion and with minimal experience.

BTW the Thai site mentioned it was a Honda Click 125i (scooter) while the Asiaone site said it was an electric motorcycle. I would tend to trust the Thai site more.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, snooptrader said:

If you have the biker style... (taste) is nice.. I'm those kinda boring standard bike.. so no stickers etc.. aka I've no designer taste... :D

...... I step by step.... learn to ride first and then "Stay on the bike".. :D

Nice Grom... and I'm eyeing the MT-15 behind it.... :D

haha.. wait till meet up and see lor

@Nakuru- how's my bike design? 😂

can one la.. 

actually first day I saw a MT15 behind me also.. and he say he's my younger brother.. got me puzzled for 2s before I realised he's talking about his bike.. hahahaha...

 

6 hours ago, shiba2b said:

this is incredibly sad.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/singaporean-dies-in-kamala-motorcycle-crash

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/singaporean-killed-phuket-accident-first-time-riding-motorbike-did-so-against-parents

When the (brief) news first came out a few days ago, i was wondering if they rode up from SG or had flown to Phuket and rented a scooter, as well as the riders' experience. Only later did the thai site mentioned it was a Honda Click (scooter), thus it was probably a local rental.

It's been quite a few years since i last went to Phuket but i remember the terrain is pretty hilly. That plus seemingly crazy local drivers. Definitely not easy to handle a bike/scooter esp with pillion and with minimal experience.

BTW the Thai site mentioned it was a Honda Click 125i (scooter) while the Asiaone site said it was an electric motorcycle. I would tend to trust the Thai site more.

haix.. sometimes inexperience = worse

so let your kids explore when time is ripe.. but give guidance when required and share experiences (both bad and good).. :) 

*no license = got into a bike accident = no insurance payout? 

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...