SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

RTT

Woke up about 7:20am with that darn cough and went to get the coffee in. Had 2 espressos and 2 buns before checking some work… Surprise surprise; Bank of Japan intervened in the markets of all things in NY time and equity was up, very different from pre-market open.

Amused and decided to get ready before getting carried away reading an old speech by the previous Reserve Bank of India Governor. 

Loaded the stuff into the ride( you know how one empties the ride when it’s being serviced) and had a shower before making the journey to… Riding Theory Test.

Thankfully the traffic was clear and reached the test center at 10:21am. Was admitted in to go to the second floor. Showed my NRIC at the door and was told to present it to the examiner.

Showed the ID and was told to proceed to a numbered table. It was a touch screen computer and it was slightly different from the practice ones. The touch screen reacted to fingers and not finger nails. 😆

10:30am sharp was told to login and attempt the test. Was told that once done; the candidate can just leave the room as the results will display immediately and be automatically captured in the system.

Some of the questions were not in the practice but were from Basic Theory so think.. There were 50 questions and they seemed manageable. After the fiftieth was clicked. A prompt asked if I wanted to end and see results. It was 10:39am. Thought that the attempts went “okay” and clicked “end”. 

Not flawless with one error, that didn’t matter as long as this was cleared. 

Now, main focus will be all on practical. Have defensive riding theory lessons but those are Zoom and unexaminable.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:00 PM, Nakuru said:

not sure whether it is due to a 2nd hand bike or wat but my hubby's bike keep got some issue.. mostly minor fix la.. cost wise still ok.. 

oh.. then no choice lor.. maybe drink pi pa gao?

I’m sure bikes will have issues; second hand bikes might have if they have wear and tear. If minor; think that is ok… at least that is not his main mode of transport

Im trying that later…. The PPG… hope it works!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sameoldshitz said:

Yeah I did owned a Bajaj Ns200 B4. Not really intending to maxed out the cc limit but... I just ended with them 200cc. Previously I was thinking of getting a R15 or RS4 125, since I m more keen on a sports bike. But my back says otherwise🤣. So a street style bike it is. 

Think 200cc is good and minimum should be 150cc. I’m just considering 2 bikes, the Duke and MT-15. The riding position is something that I envision that I would like. No boxes for either and the only thing I would change are tyres… will go for the most performance ones that come in those factory spec sizes.

Not going to be distracted. First thing is learn skill to ride. Good bike with no skill means nothing.. 😅

Today was a challenge, as had a really long night and the next day, woke up with a headache... and was seriously contemplating today's lesson. I had already skipped the previous 5.01 as it was raining and I wasn't well. So, looking at the clouds today, wasn't sure if the weather would have held up.
Took two painkillers and took a cold shower to snap the mind to "you can do this" mental mode.
Then made the journey. Left the house pretty late and was thankful that traffic wasn't so heavy and managed to reach BBDC wth 2 mins before the lesson started.

For 5.01, the lesson was to learn to pillion while going through all the courses. So, after going for a short warm up practicing slope, figure 8 and crankcourse.. The class were told to select a partner to pillion and vice versa. I immediately knew who I wanted to pillion me. There was this guy who I could tell was really smooth on the bike and his control was excellent. I picked him and I think he was surprised as he was quite lean and smaller physical stature than myself. However, as they say, it's all about the skill. So, we were told to notify the rider that one is mounting the bike, grip the waist of the rider with our thighs and to interlock our fingers. So, I got to be the pillion rider first and this rider did not disappoint. I just told him, "bro, just ride as you would and I will follow you - I trust you"
So, we went through all the stages, from slope to figure 8, then crank course, plank, slalom and e-brake. It all went great. Next it was my turn and also went through the stages fine. Was a good experience of having a pillion. Not sure if this guy reads this... but thanks! Really good rider and I think he will make a good rider on the roads as well.

Next, we were told to grab our bikes and to go around this bend, "21" to feel centrifugal force, that is, when increasing speeds.. to feel the pull outwards of the bike. Was just going a couple of rounds. Next, we were told to just try the test route. When coming out, to go to the slope, then head to the figure 8 and crank course. After that is completed, to head straight through the traffic light and turn right to do the plank and the slalom. E-brake would be last. In the end, did the practice and returned the bike.

The debrief was pretty exciting as we were told that all the students were now closer towards the test - that is the internal circuit test of 5.02. I wonder if I should go for RC first before going for 5.02? What are your thoughts? Do share here. At the end of the day, we managed to clear 5.01 and next would be 5.02 or RC.

Forgot to mention that the skies held up and it was a great day riding.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Today was a challenge, as had a really long night and the next day, woke up with a headache... and was seriously contemplating today's lesson. I had already skipped the previous 5.01 as it was raining and I wasn't well. So, looking at the clouds today, wasn't sure if the weather would have held up.
Took two painkillers and took a cold shower to snap the mind to "you can do this" mental mode.
Then made the journey. Left the house pretty late and was thankful that traffic wasn't so heavy and managed to reach BBDC wth 2 mins before the lesson started.

For 5.01, the lesson was to learn to pillion while going through all the courses. So, after going for a short warm up practicing slope, figure 8 and crankcourse.. The class were told to select a partner to pillion and vice versa. I immediately knew who I wanted to pillion me. There was this guy who I could tell was really smooth on the bike and his control was excellent. I picked him and I think he was surprised as he was quite lean and smaller physical stature than myself. However, as they say, it's all about the skill. So, we were told to notify the rider that one is mounting the bike, grip the waist of the rider with our thighs and to interlock our fingers. So, I got to be the pillion rider first and this rider did not disappoint. I just told him, "bro, just ride as you would and I will follow you - I trust you"
So, we went through all the stages, from slope to figure 8, then crank course, plank, slalom and e-brake. It all went great. Next it was my turn and also went through the stages fine. Was a good experience of having a pillion. Not sure if this guy reads this... but thanks! Really good rider and I think he will make a good rider on the roads as well.

Next, we were told to grab our bikes and to go around this bend, "21" to feel centrifugal force, that is, when increasing speeds.. to feel the pull outwards of the bike. Was just going a couple of rounds. Next, we were told to just try the test route. When coming out, to go to the slope, then head to the figure 8 and crank course. After that is completed, to head straight through the traffic light and turn right to do the plank and the slalom. E-brake would be last. In the end, did the practice and returned the bike.

The debrief was pretty exciting as we were told that all the students were now closer towards the test - that is the internal circuit test of 5.02. I wonder if I should go for RC first before going for 5.02? What are your thoughts? Do share here. At the end of the day, we managed to clear 5.01 and next would be 5.02 or RC.

Forgot to mention that the skies held up and it was a great day riding.

congrats on clearing this stage. I personally found it scary both as a pillion and when carrying a pillion. Perhaps it's indicative of our individual confidence level. 

as to taking RC before 5.02 or going direct to 5.02, i think you know yourself best, if there are certain stations that you need more practice on. Also, general riding/bike handling when travelling in between stations is also important. The instructors might have pointed out any areas that you need to focus on. They want to be sure you are competent enough to take out for lessons on public roads.

Do note that it's not easy to find a nice RC slot so perhaps take whatever (RC or 5.02) you can get that fits your schedule. That said, if there's more than a week's interval between 5.01 and 5.02, i think it'll be advantageous to take an RC in between. Do log in to their system and check the RC slot availability - it might give you a heads up on what to expect. 

for me, looking back, i enjoyed RC as there was less pressure to "clear" it. There's no pass/fail assessment and generally instructors think you need less babying so there's less handholding. Definitely book RC whilst you are in the midst of stages 6 and 7 as they are all road-based and there's no more circuit session until 8.01 - gotta keep circuit lessons fresh. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shiba2b said:

congrats on clearing this stage. I personally found it scary both as a pillion and when carrying a pillion. Perhaps it's indicative of our individual confidence level. 

as to taking RC before 5.02 or going direct to 5.02, i think you know yourself best, if there are certain stations that you need more practice on. Also, general riding/bike handling when travelling in between stations is also important. The instructors might have pointed out any areas that you need to focus on. They want to be sure you are competent enough to take out for lessons on public roads.

Do note that it's not easy to find a nice RC slot so perhaps take whatever (RC or 5.02) you can get that fits your schedule. That said, if there's more than a week's interval between 5.01 and 5.02, i think it'll be advantageous to take an RC in between. Do log in to their system and check the RC slot availability - it might give you a heads up on what to expect. 

for me, looking back, i enjoyed RC as there was less pressure to "clear" it. There's no pass/fail assessment and generally instructors think you need less babying so there's less handholding. Definitely book RC whilst you are in the midst of stages 6 and 7 as they are all road-based and there's no more circuit session until 8.01 - gotta keep circuit lessons fresh. 

Thanks very much for your kind advice and am logging into the system after I type this and will find a slot for the RC.
Also, appreciate the tips and will go for the RC as often as possible. I totally agree with you on the fact that we got to keep the circuit fresh in our heads and the only way is practice and to allocate time.

At this stage, it seems that things are finally in sight and will keep focusing on practice on the circuit to wait for the PDL. The reason is, need to wait for slots for the virtual Defensive Riding Theory slots which seem pretty hard to come by.

:) Thanks much @shiba2b for sharing. Yes, and I went to the mscp to have the Hokkien Mee, it was really good! They are closing at the end of Oct, but I realized that this is a branch and they have the main one in Bukit Batok Central?

• Like 1

Just a quick update, you, @shiba2b  are right that there is no slots, so the 5.02 came first and will just dive into it. However, booked the RC(s) as far out as possible. Also, went to check the RTT results in the portal, and it seems that it's not updated as yet. It showed " (-,-) "  Should one be concerned?

Thanks very much for your kind advice and am logging into the system after I type this and will find a slot for the RC.
Also, appreciate the tips and will go for the RC as often as possible. I totally agree with you on the fact that we got to keep the circuit fresh in our heads and the only way is practice and to allocate time.

At this stage, it seems that things are finally in sight and will keep focusing on practice on the circuit to wait for the PDL. The reason is, need to wait for slots for the virtual Defensive Riding Theory slots which seem pretty hard to come by.

:) Thanks much @shiba2b for sharing. Yes, and I went to the mscp to have the Hokkien Mee, it was really good! They are closing at the end of Oct, but I realized that this is a branch and they have the main one in Bukit Batok Central?

the DRT zoom lessons are a PITA and honestly not very value-adding for people with considerable road experience (other vehicle classes). i recall i had to wait 7-10 days for each lesson. They don't offer many slots each week.

The MSCP HKM is closing? oh no! i didn't know that. Yes this is a branch and their main stall is at BB central but i've not been there. I would often go to this kopitiam for a bite and rehydrate after a practical lesson at BBDC. I usually park at this MSCP anyway when i go to BBDC.  I'll have to make a trip to have it again before they close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Just a quick update, you, @shiba2b  are right that there is no slots, so the 5.02 came first and will just dive into it. However, booked the RC(s) as far out as possible. Also, went to check the RTT results in the portal, and it seems that it's not updated as yet. It showed " (-,-) "  Should one be concerned?

People tend to spam RC just before their TP test (which are only conducted on Mon and Tue for 2B) so the slots are quickly taken up when released a month in advance.

tip - when you book your date for 8.01 (final evaluation before booking TP), you can also check BBDC site for the next TP date (usually at least 1 month away) and thus prebook RCs even before u get your TP date. 

OTOH, RC slots do get freed up by people that can't make their sessions so it might be worth checking in at night to see if any suit your schedule.

• Like 1

RTT result - maybe the server is on holiday too? 😅 Perhaps give it a few working days to update? BTW which server are you talking abt? TP or BBDC? I don't remember checking online for my test results lol. If you're looking at BBDC site for the test results, it might take a while. FWIW, my class 3 (or basic theory) test date isn't in BBDC server although i took my test there (albeit as a private student). I had to go upstairs to the TP office to shyly ask for my test date n pass it to the BBDC counter on ground floor.

p.s. i'm guessing you already found out that you can book more than one RC at a time? not limited to one at a time like the lesson plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

the DRT zoom lessons are a PITA and honestly not very value-adding for people with considerable road experience (other vehicle classes). i recall i had to wait 7-10 days for each lesson. They don't offer many slots each week.

The MSCP HKM is closing? oh no! i didn't know that. Yes this is a branch and their main stall is at BB central but i've not been there. I would often go to this kopitiam for a bite and rehydrate after a practical lesson at BBDC. I usually park at this MSCP anyway when i go to BBDC.  I'll have to make a trip to have it again before they close.

You are so right about the wait of 7-8 days before the next lesson; though I've only booked the first and your estimation was spot on.

Yes, the MSCP HKM is closing and yes, I too park there when I go for lessons. Do make a trip there and maybe can have a catch up there next time before it closes. :)

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

People tend to spam RC just before their TP test (which are only conducted on Mon and Tue for 2B) so the slots are quickly taken up when released a month in advance.

tip - when you book your date for 8.01 (final evaluation before booking TP), you can also check BBDC site for the next TP date (usually at least 1 month away) and thus prebook RCs even before u get your TP date. 

OTOH, RC slots do get freed up by people that can't make their sessions so it might be worth checking in at night to see if any suit your schedule.

Agree with you on the "spamming", so I booked a lot of RC, as I intend to keep practicing while there is time before the TP, even though have not been on the road yet. Use the free time to keep riding, since I basically enjoy the circuit and to get really familiar with the circuit.

8.01 seems pretty far for me at this moment, so, have booked till December for the RC.... Tempted to even book to Jan, and just practice as much as possible. Factored in, that 5.02 isn't that easy to pass since it is an internal assessment for the circuit.

43 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

RTT result - maybe the server is on holiday too? 😅 Perhaps give it a few working days to update? BTW which server are you talking abt? TP or BBDC? I don't remember checking online for my test results lol. If you're looking at BBDC site for the test results, it might take a while. FWIW, my class 3 (or basic theory) test date isn't in BBDC server although i took my test there (albeit as a private student). I had to go upstairs to the TP office to shyly ask for my test date n pass it to the BBDC counter on ground floor.

p.s. i'm guessing you already found out that you can book more than one RC at a time? not limited to one at a time like the lesson plan.

Oh, the server that I am speaking about is the BBDC server and not TP. My class three wasn't from BBDC... think it was from other center.

Yes, you are right about the booking of multiple RC, and have done so. Quite enjoy the time on the circuit and really want to be familiar with the circuit.. The only thing is time that is restrictive as most days am working except for the weekends.
I've booked one evening RC to ensure that saddle time is always available. Of course have to be aware the budget time for the on-road training. :D

I haven read the past post yet but i popped in to say....

I just tried riding my bike around the carpark n it was such a nice feeling.. so nice tt i have been crying for the past 30min cos i can ride my bike 😭

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Yes, the MSCP HKM is closing and yes, I too park there when I go for lessons. Do make a trip there and maybe can have a catch up there next time before it closes. :)

Agree with you on the "spamming", so I booked a lot of RC, as I intend to keep practicing while there is time before the TP, even though have not been on the road yet. Use the free time to keep riding, since I basically enjoy the circuit and to get really familiar with the circuit.

8.01 seems pretty far for me at this moment, so, have booked till December for the RC.... Tempted to even book to Jan, and just practice as much as possible. Factored in, that 5.02 isn't that easy to pass since it is an internal assessment for the circuit.

if the HKM is closing at the end of this month, it means this will be their last weekend! If you're going to BBDC this weekend, perhaps i'll pop over at the same time and have HKM after your class 😄 

i think they're not so strict with 5.02 as long as you don't have immediate failure type issues and are able to handle the bike decently. Once you clear 5.02 and start 6.01 (night road lesson), you'll be booking 8.01 in a blink of an eye.

2 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

I just tried riding my bike around the carpark n it was such a nice feeling.. so nice tt i have been crying for the past 30min cos i can ride my bike 😭

nice to read that. Do take it chill and slow for now.

how long has it been since you last rode? seems your accident was quite a few months ago (before i started here, which is end Aug)

15 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

That's great to hear!! :) Sounds like an emotional time given that you finally have the time on the bike.

Do take it easy and come back on the road. Maybe ride together with @sameoldshitz before riding solo.. and gear... get them gear!

6 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

nice to read that. Do take it chill and slow for now.

how long has it been since you last rode? seems your accident was quite a few months ago (before i started here, which is end Aug)

Since mid jul.. then its hospitalised 2 weeks n bedridden till sep.. only this month then i get to walk more w/o support.. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

if the HKM is closing at the end of this month, it means this will be their last weekend! If you're going to BBDC this weekend, perhaps i'll pop over at the same time and have HKM after your class 😄

where is that hkm ?

1 minute ago, snooptrader said:

That's great to hear!! :) Sounds like an emotional time given that you finally have the time on the bike.

Do take it easy and come back on the road. Maybe ride together with @sameoldshitz before riding solo.. and gear... get them gear!

I was actually contemplating whether to sell my bike or not n get a scooter cos ezier on my leg.. but i rode 1 round n i cried like mad liao hahaha.. dun think im selling it le

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

i think they're not so strict with 5.02 as long as you don't have immediate failure type issues and are able to handle the bike decently. Once you clear 5.02 and start 6.01 (night road lesson), you'll be booking 8.01 in a blink of an eye.

Yes, will be going BBDC this weekend, will PM you, but no obligation.. I end at about 5pm, so can have a drink or HKM.

Booked 5.02 as that was the only slot of riding they had.. the RC was too far away. But once have the 5.02, told myself, if need to come back, at least can have ride time. That is really important..

Not sure if 8.01 would be so soon, but will definitely just try to continue as steadily as one can. Thanks much for your guidance.. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, apogeeXX said:

where is that hkm ?

395A Bukit Batok West Ave. 5 Third floor Kopi Tiam... it's tucked in the corner but is closing end of this October.

IMG_8872.thumb.jpg.1acdcf5c0ac7987fe3b21170ee51a2da.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

I was actually contemplating whether to sell my bike or not n get a scooter cos ezier on my leg.. but i rode 1 round n i cried like mad liao hahaha.. dun think im selling it le

If you can ride with engaging the gears.. don't get a scooter... just ride your bike... but ease into it... you will be fine :)

49 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

easier because of the seating position, mounting/dismounting or the gear changing?

i kinda like the Honda ADV150 for a scooter but i really prefer a 200cc. I might be biased because a couple of my friends recently got rid of their big bikes and got the X-ADV (750cc version).

edit - if you're planning to get 2A, don't sell your MSX now. Keep it till after u clear 2A. Perhaps get a scooter in the meantime just for short term fun riding. Aerox also not bad. Quite zippy and handles well for a scooter.

Edited by shiba2b
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

If you can ride with engaging the gears.. don't get a scooter... just ride your bike... but ease into it... you will be fine

Ya i tried juz now n i can.. been putting in more effort doing physio to get my leg moving too.. 🥲 still cant bend all the way but i guess 120 degree is good for now

4 hours ago, shiba2b said:

easier because of the seating position, mounting/dismounting or the gear changing?

i kinda like the Honda ADV150 for a scooter but i really prefer a 200cc. I might be biased because a couple of my friends recently got rid of their big bikes and got the X-ADV (750cc version).

edit - if you're planning to get 2A, don't sell your MSX now. Keep it till after u clear 2A. Perhaps get a scooter in the meantime just for short term fun riding. Aerox also not bad. Quite zippy and handles well for a scooter.

Gear changing.. cos previously my leg didnt have strength to kick the gear up.. n oso i cant bend my knees that fast else will hurt.. im actually looking at a honda super cub.. nego with a seller at a good price n had 6yrs coe left.. my msx is 3 yrs left.. i will extend the msx's coe cos it comes with a yoshi pipe n it sounds damn nice.. will need to see hows the recovery for my leg 1st to decide if i shld get a 2a.. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nakuru said:

Ya i tried juz now n i can.. been putting in more effort doing physio to get my leg moving too.. 🥲 still cant bend all the way but i guess 120 degree is good for now

Before you know it.. you would be riding and soon can get your 2A! Wow; time flies really fast.... Was checking out machine prices just now and I can't believe that a fairly new second hand bike... for a class 2B is now like S$1.8K.. Wheezing... 😐

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snooptrader said:

Before you know it.. you would be riding and soon can get your 2A! Wow; time flies really fast.... Was checking out machine prices just now and I can't believe that a fairly new second hand bike... for a class 2B is now like S$1.8K.. Wheezing... 😐

U mean 18k? 1.8k i will buy leh hahaha.. i put as 2nd bike oso shiok 

I think all ur encouragement also gave me strength n courage to get back on the bike lor.. seeing u all going for lessons reminds mi of the pain n fun i had to go thru n why i even go take my 2b in the 1st place.. thanks guys 🥲

Edited by Nakuru
  • Like 1