SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

10 hours ago, snooptrader said:

So, the wait was pretty painful... and my phone was in my inner pocket.. so didn't want to fiddle and get it out... but rather wait... looking aimlessly at the counter in front of me in the waiting area.... after about an hour... an instructor came out to read out the numbers.... some were read out and was relief to know that managed to stay... next was the road stage..

Hahaha sorry, just got time to slowly read through the entire post cos i skipped just to see whether u pass or not.. yes the wait is damn nerve wrecking.. especially when we single digit have to wait for 40 other students to complete b4 they announce the result.. damn annoying.

9 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

Next see bikes.. hahahahaha

Yayaya time to go shopping for @snooptrader already.. hahaha

4 hours ago, snooptrader said:

... this 2B has absolutely been a journey...... I've omitted some RCs and one RR that was taken prior to today. Went quiet as was focusing on this... :)

So glad u made it through.. but my leg haven fully recover sadly.. hahaha 

4 hours ago, Siphon said:

*whispers* cause... burn alot of the brake pads la... 

Will have points deducted.. think they will put it as incorrect technique or something like tt if i remember correctly.. i got kena b4 during 1 of the lesson 5 or 8.. 

9 hours ago, Siphon said:

congrats~~ welcome to the cageron2wheels club hahaha... 

Do check on some of the tips we left on another post. 

We don't have enough lives to learn all the mistakes especially for riding 

Have fun riding!!! zoom zoom~

That's the main thing... to be safe... will keep checking on the thread. Ever since learning bike, I've literally been more conscientious even when in a car.

7 hours ago, shiba2b said:

well done!

Although i must say i wasn't surprised that you passed on your first try, given the amount of time and energy you put into going for classes and RC/RV. A thoroughly well-deserved milestone checked off. 

on braking, in the straights it's usually more emphasis on front brakes due to weight transfer during braking, especially if the bike doesn't have ABS and it's in slippery conditions. Its the same for cars - brake force is biased towards the front. Opposite of bicycle LOL.

In the corners, i sometimes feather the rear although in my recent rides in the mountains, i had to lean heavily on the rears (in conjunction with engine brake) in steep downslope hairpins. 

and i must admit... i stalled my bike once last week... going up a narrow cement steep slope with sand on the upper part of the slope leading into a hairpin turn. i was simply too nervous abt the sand + hairpin that i forgot to go into gear 1. Gear 2 tak cukup kuat for that steep slope. Bike was sliding backwards on the sand and i thought "siao liao" then i remembered to release the clutch (in gear) and the bike held... heng ah. Caught my breath, used the clutch as a brake to slowly roll the bike back down the slope and go up again in gear 1. Lesson learnt lol.

time to get that bike you have been eyeing.

u want it

u need it

Many thanks for your kind words. You have made an excellent point that anyone who read whole long-winded thread should note. Made a effort in terms of time and lessons. I'll tabulate how many lessons I took. True, only repeated the plank lessons in the whole course. However, only when I did all my RCs - total of 11 (could be more; will check and revert here), could I say that the circuit would be "fine". Even then, the e-brake, a department that wasn't really a worry, ended up weighing on the test result itself. So, yes, a lot of lessons and credit goes to the instructors of BBDC who actually spent time helping me and giving me some leeway in terms of training the circuit on the weaker points instead of just doing the "rounds" of the circuit in the RC. I'll be back to thank them in person. individually.

On the bike... will shop around in terms of price and might rent a bike to try. While in my mind, I know what bike I desire, will keep an open mind and meet some here to learn more about their bikes- no, will not borrow bikes from forum members (legally not allowed). Just to speak to them and learn.  :D

@shiba2b, your constant learning in TH is also something that all should emulate and will learn from you when you are back! :)

4 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Hahaha sorry, just got time to slowly read through the entire post cos i skipped just to see whether u pass or not.. yes the wait is damn nerve wrecking.. especially when we single digit have to wait for 40 other students to complete b4 they announce the result.. damn annoying.

Yayaya time to go shopping for @snooptrader already.. hahaha

So glad u made it through.. but my leg haven fully recover sadly.. hahaha 

Will have points deducted.. think they will put it as incorrect technique or something like tt if i remember correctly.. i got kena b4 during 1 of the lesson 5 or 8.. 

Thank you very much again! :)

Your leg will recover and take your time to get back fully on the bike. I've followed your recovery and reminds me to get my riding pants soon as I'm even more vulnerable being a n00b. 

Also, let's meet up when the rainy season is over. I'd probably drive their first and bring @sameoldshitz too. I want to molest his Duke-ie. :D

Yes, sitting on the brakes was something I got when I rode. I realized that the test bikes, the brake pedals are all adjusted to real life positions, not so high up, and need more depression to engage. The clutches too were all well maintained on the test bikes. :)

When I'm going back to endorse my license; I'm going to thank the mechanics personally as well.

• Like 2

Thank you very much again! :)

Your leg will recover and take your time to get back fully on the bike. I've followed your recovery and reminds me to get my riding pants soon as I'm even more vulnerable being a n00b. 

Also, let's meet up when the rainy season is over. I'd probably drive their first and bring @sameoldshitz too. I want to molest his Duke-ie. :D

Yes, sitting on the brakes was something I got when I rode. I realized that the test bikes, the brake pedals are all adjusted to real life positions, not so high up, and need more depression to engage. The clutches too were all well maintained on the test bikes. :)

When I'm going back to endorse my license; I'm going to thank the mechanics personally as well.

hahaha yea.. i already managed to bend my leg to 2 finger gap n can do asian squat already.. but since its so pain internally, i still gotta continue the physio and let it heal more + build more muscle.. 

we should probably set a date next month for the meet up.. probably night time for dinner/supper.. but highly likely needs to be on a weekday else @adesmond2 cannot join.. would prefer to be after the peak hour so i dun feel stress by road hogging.. hahaha.. 

anyway what bike you are aiming? maybe can see in carousell for 2nd hand bike.. its good to get a 2nd hand bike to get used to riding on the road 1st.. at least wun feel so pain when u drop the bike.. anyway, bring us when u wanna go see bike too.. as long as we are free we don't mind to go kpo. 🤣

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shiba2b said:

@snooptrader

u sound like u are going back to BBDC to give out ang pow and oranges 🤣 

LOL.

On a serious note, I'm appreciative of the instructors who helped me out in my 2B journey.

Especially the plank, that made it the only "repeat"(s) lesson to becoming a favorite!

It is a testament of why from East to West journey was worth it!

It's after clearing, one is tempted to run off with elation and forget the whole thing, but I remember the pep talks, the extra time, feedback and advice they gave me. Truly mentoring a rider versus just doing a "job".

Hence, will be back to thank in-person. :)

18 hours ago, Nakuru said:

hahaha yea.. i already managed to bend my leg to 2 finger gap n can do asian squat already.. but since its so pain internally, i still gotta continue the physio and let it heal more + build more muscle.. 

we should probably set a date next month for the meet up.. probably night time for dinner/supper.. but highly likely needs to be on a weekday else @adesmond2 cannot join.. would prefer to be after the peak hour so i dun feel stress by road hogging.. hahaha.. 

anyway what bike you are aiming? maybe can see in carousell for 2nd hand bike.. its good to get a 2nd hand bike to get used to riding on the road 1st.. at least wun feel so pain when u drop the bike.. anyway, bring us when u wanna go see bike too.. as long as we are free we don't mind to go kpo. 🤣

Please take your time and I can meet @adesmond2, @sameoldshitz and yourself via any mode on a weekday next month. Doesn't have to be an all nighter :D . Yes, avoid peak hour please, bike, car or van.

I am aiming for naked bikes as I intend to do city riding, no NSHW, and even if I do, will be traveling at 80km/h...

The second hand bike market right now is not realistic as the depreciation is more than a new bike, as sellers value it at current COE prices which defeat the purpose of buying a used. 😢

I will sure ask for help when looking at bikes and would like to meet you all for inputs on what to look out for in terms of T&Cs and mechanical points. :)

Thanks very much all! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

Please take your time and I can meet @adesmond2, @sameoldshitz and yourself via any mode on a weekday next month. Doesn't have to be an all nighter :D . Yes, avoid peak hour please, bike, car or van.

I am aiming for naked bikes as I intend to do city riding, no NSHW, and even if I do, will be traveling at 80km/h...

The second hand bike market right now is not realistic as the depreciation is more than a new bike, as sellers value it at current COE prices which defeat the purpose of buying a used. 😢

I will sure ask for help when looking at bikes and would like to meet you all for inputs on what to look out for in terms of T&Cs and mechanical points. :)

Boss @adesmond2, please set a date when u are free.. hahaha mi n @sameoldshitz is free to meet as long as arranged in advance. We can probably meet around 9? Either town/northeast/east? Would others like to join n have a short meet up as well? 

If not we can just meet up n go bike window shopping around on weekend 1st.. hahaha 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nakuru said:

good to hear that that your recovery is progressing well

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Boss @adesmond2, please set a date when u are free.. hahaha mi n @sameoldshitz is free to meet as long as arranged in advance. We can probably meet around 9? Either town/northeast/east? Would others like to join n have a short meet up as well? 

If not we can just meet up n go bike window shopping around on weekend 1st.. hahaha 

i might have a few days off in SG in the 2nd wk of next mth. Keep us posted on the date and will see if able to join

4 minutes ago, shiba2b said:

good to hear that that your recovery is progressing well

i might have a few days off in SG in the 2nd wk of next mth. Keep us posted on the date and will see if able to join

lets find a common date... 2nd week of next month means + weekday means........... 6 - 9 Feb? 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 7:15 AM, shiba2b said:

@snooptrader

u sound like u are going back to BBDC to give out ang pow and oranges 🤣 

I heard angbao? LOL..

23 hours ago, Nakuru said:

agreed.. update us when you going to view bikes.. we definitely will pop by if available.. :) 

LOL.

On a serious note, I'm appreciative of the instructors who helped me out in my 2B journey.

Especially the plank, that made it the only "repeat"(s) lesson to becoming a favorite!

It is a testament of why from East to West journey was worth it!

It's after clearing, one is tempted to run off with elation and forget the whole thing, but I remember the pep talks, the extra time, feedback and advice they gave me. Truly mentoring a rider versus just doing a "job".

Hence, will be back to thank in-person. :)

Nah.. old man need sleep.. so usually meet up for bikers about 1-2 hours? depending on do what lor.. if wan rounding.. maybe 2-3 hours max.. :) 

2 hours ago, Nakuru said:

LOL.. you and @sameoldshitz can go dating first.. 

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

lets find a common date... 2nd week of next month means + weekday means........... 6 - 9 Feb? 

based on the dates here.. I'm available on 6 (Monday) & 9 Feb (Thursday).. 9pm seems like the prefer meet up timing? I dun mind meeting up even earlier about 5pm depending on your preferred time/dates.. as long the dates are suitable,.. 😛

Meet up locations for bikers in

central/town are usually KKFC (Kallang KFC ) / still have one more at market.. can't recall,, near vivo city.. :) 

north - yishun dam after 10/11pm

west - West Coast Mac

East- East Coast Mac

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

23 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

LOL.. you and @sameoldshitz can go dating first.. 

we date everyday liao.. at home oso see him.. 

24 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

based on the dates here.. I'm available on 6 (Monday) & 9 Feb (Thursday).. 9pm seems like the prefer meet up timing? I dun mind meeting up even earlier about 5pm depending on your preferred time/dates.. as long the dates are suitable,.. 😛

Meet up locations for bikers in

central/town are usually KKFC (Kallang KFC ) / still have one more at market.. can't recall,, near vivo city.. :) 

north - yishun dam after 10/11pm

west - West Coast Mac

East- East Coast Mac

if possible lets all make it on the 9 Feb? just nice i got hospital appointment on the 10th so i can stay out till late. im ok to meet for dinner from like 8pm? if not just after dinner.. just wan to avoid the peak hours since im still quite shakey on bike.. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nakuru said:

we date everyday liao.. at home oso see him.. 

if possible lets all make it on the 9 Feb? just nice i got hospital appointment on the 10th so i can stay out till late. im ok to meet for dinner from like 8pm? if not just after dinner.. just wan to avoid the peak hours since im still quite shakey on bike.. 

can can.. 9 Feb 8pm, location?

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

9 hours ago, Pisces44 said:

meet up do what ?

Eat, chit Chat about bikes.. Appreciate each other bikes.. :)

Just like car meet ups.. haha.. 

You can also...

Talk about life..

Talk about covid..

Talk about upcoming/past events/car/bike trips.. (I'm planning a long distance ride to Northern Thailand) 😛 

talk about anything you wan.. haha...

• Like 2

Just now, adesmond2 said:

You can also...

Talk about life..

Talk about covid..

Talk about upcoming/past events/car/bike trips.. (I'm planning a long distance ride to Northern Thailand) 😛 

Agreed… can meet somewhere central with easy parking… 

on flight now… chat on forum later… 😁

4D8936E6-71A9-429D-B6DC-207EC4176E36.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Agreed… can meet somewhere central with easy parking… 

on flight now… chat on forum later… 😁

4D8936E6-71A9-429D-B6DC-207EC4176E36.jpeg

Wow.. flying where this time? No problem with central.. so 9 feb u ok? 

13 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

You can also...

Talk about life..

Talk about covid..

perhaps when u go north thailand, plan some time in BKK or chiang mai and do the bike courses at Honda there. 

i did big bike courses and dirt bike courses as well as a crazily intensive gymkhana course. i was not able to meet the cut off timing for the gymkhana circuit and was not given certificate for that course LOL

today i saw one guy drop his Goldwing (participants can use own Honda bike if they wish) while doing a series of J-turns 😥 luckily the other bikes behind didn't hit him

1937040174_WhatsAppImage2023-01-28at21_03_58.thumb.jpeg.c7f1cb975b9d6a1120545c9b2c47ec93.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shiba2b said:

perhaps when u go north thailand, plan some time in BKK or chiang mai and do the bike courses at Honda there. 

i did big bike courses and dirt bike courses as well as a crazily intensive gymkhana course. i was not able to meet the cut off timing for the gymkhana circuit and was not given certificate for that course LOL

today i saw one guy drop his Goldwing (participants can use own Honda bike if they wish) while doing a series of J-turns 😥 luckily the other bikes behind didn't hit him

1937040174_WhatsAppImage2023-01-28at21_03_58.thumb.jpeg.c7f1cb975b9d6a1120545c9b2c47ec93.jpeg

this definitely sounds interesting.. But my buddies and I doesn't really speak thai.. any idea where, pricing and how long will this course take?

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

this definitely sounds interesting.. But my buddies and I doesn't really speak thai.. any idea where, pricing and how long will this course take?

search "honda safety training center"

they have centers in Phuket, BKK and Chiang Mai. They post the course schedules on their respective FB pages

CM and Phuket conduct classes in Eng. BKK is mostly Thai but there will be translation

each course is done in one day 9am-4pm rain or shine

300cc THB2000 (same for dirt bike using their CRF300)

500cc THB3000

650cc THB4000

or BYO Honda bike THB1000

9 hours ago, shiba2b said:

search "honda safety training center"

they have centers in Phuket, BKK and Chiang Mai. They post the course schedules on their respective FB pages

CM and Phuket conduct classes in Eng. BKK is mostly Thai but there will be translation

each course is done in one day 9am-4pm rain or shine

300cc THB2000 (same for dirt bike using their CRF300)

500cc THB3000

650cc THB4000

or BYO Honda bike THB1000

found it.. but again.. let me check on it on a nearer date before I'm heading there.. I'm guessing we might wan to take a rest from bikes whenever we stop for R&R...

image.thumb.png.704f088c296b41edeee62daa05f69444.png

• Like 1

I’m in Seoul now ☺️… it’s minus temps here about 8 …. No problem with 9 Feb evening would be great 

Nice.. so we shall set 9 feb evening. 

Wonder @Janeoh would be able to join us not.. maybe if she comes can shun bian motivate her to get back on the bike n complete again haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Wonder @Janeoh would be able to join us not.. maybe if she comes can shun bian motivate her to get back on the bike n complete again haha 

9 Feb evening as in 6pm? or 7pm or 8pm? Best to set a accurate time/location..

Based on my past experience.. if I say evening.. I will have people coming from 5pm to 8.50pm (early evening to late evening)

8 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Ok, let’s set the time @ 7pm? I actually tried to reply this post on my iPhone on the train but it seemed not to get through… 

I agree, we should invite @Janeoh to come to meet up… here to support each other in our quest for journey… 

7 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

9 Feb evening as in 6pm? or 7pm or 8pm? Best to set a accurate time/location..

Based on my past experience.. if I say evening.. I will have people coming from 5pm to 8.50pm (early evening to late evening)

Agreed, let’s set it @ 7pm please. Not too late nor too early and would be nice to have dinner… have to find a location where parking is ample and fairly central? 

• Like 2

ok.. so 9 Feb 7pm Kallang KFC?  Everyone ok?

• Like 1