SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

21 hours ago, Siphon said:

Cafe Racer look? Get some nice leather jacket and vrrooom~ I've seen a few female riders on this bike before. Looks pretty cool without a box. 

Yes!! I really love Cafe Racer bikes, look very retro! 😆 But I’ll prefer to have a box for practical storage purpose haha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

Planet motor

pro - wun chop you/super reasonable price.

cons - long waiting time, not clean like some workshop.. sometimes can kanna suan (say by boss or their employee) must be able to tahan their attitude.

Eh... Planet Ah Chong 100% suan you when he knows u... hahaha so just joke with him. He's a kidder. Just have fun with him, makes the day more entertaining for him. 

Sometimes i still drop by his shop just to suan him for fun hahaha... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, noobie2k22 said:

Yes!! I really love Cafe Racer bikes, look very retro! 😆 But I’ll prefer to have a box for practical storage purpose haha!

ah.... Like this? I thought it looks better with pannier but then its harder to squeeze through traffic.

2 hours ago, Siphon said:

Eh... Planet Ah Chong 100% suan you when he knows u... hahaha so just joke with him. He's a kidder. Just have fun with him, makes the day more entertaining for him. 

wahhaha ok i will keep what both of you mentioned in mind! Actually i wanna try monitoring the COE for the next 2 months, if the price is still as it is now, most prolly going for serious xsr shopping in June. Will definitely keep Planet motor in mind and armed with my humour guns lolol

2 hours ago, Siphon said:

ah.... Like this? I thought it looks better with pannier but then its harder to squeeze through traffic.

I prefer the squarish metal looking box, am not sure what’s the right term for it 😱  

On 3/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, noobie2k22 said:

Hello y’all! 👋 Just wanna share with all the kindred seniors here who gave my tips ever since the first post about miserable L3 days - I’ve finally passed my TP after 10 months learning!!!!!

The conditions for TP was really good, and seems like the odds were in the favour for the small tag numbers. Managed to stick to the bike number i chose for warm up all the way till road (super lucky!!!) 

Really wanna thank y’all for the super kind advices and encouragement for fig 8, though i exceed the timing for fig 8 for fears of screwing up, but thank goodness i rmbr the precious advices and maintain good eyepoint!! 😆

Congrats on passing!!! 

On 3/25/2023 at 3:24 PM, noobie2k22 said:

Ah I see, thanks a lot for the kind sharing! For myself, I’m not too sure if I’ll be pursuing for 2A or even 2 in the long run, am feeling pretty pooped by this 2B journey haha. But who knows if I will change my mind in the future? 😄

The number of lessons i took at SSDC is pretty long compared to the average learners I think? Sorta reduced the number of tries from L5 onwards due to RC/RR:

L1 - 9

L2 - 8

L3 - 12

L4 - 2

L5 - 4

L6 - 4

L7 - 3

L8 - 4

RC - 22

RR - 7

TP - 1 time

A long biker journey but super worthwhile looking back. Met so many like minded learners and kind seniors who have helped shape my journey!! 😊

Of course not to forget the instructors hahah! Was really fortunate to get the super high guidance kinda instructors during last stretch of practices before TP.

Wah.. the number of times of ur repeats.. 😲 but good thing u didnt give up n managed to pass in 1 try for TP.. good job!

4 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

My friends brought 500-1k for their 2nd hand bikes.. haha.. (wave and etc) back around 200x.

I brought my KR with 5 years reminding about 1.8k.. 

I recently bought a vespa tt left 21mths at 3.5k.. :(

1 hour ago, noobie2k22 said:

wahhaha ok i will keep what both of you mentioned in mind! Actually i wanna try monitoring the COE for the next 2 months, if the price is still as it is now, most prolly going for serious xsr shopping in June. Will definitely keep Planet motor in mind and armed with my humour guns lolol

Wats ur budget? I actually have fren who is waiting to sell his xsr.. but he can only let go in apr/may cos 1more month to finish his COI n he has the square aluminium box.. haha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nakuru said:

cannot compare with my pricing back in the days.. 😂

7 hours ago, Siphon said:

indeed.. I have 2 nick.. one by ah chiong.. another by his mech.. his head mech call me problematic man.. haha.. always find issues for them.. 😂

• Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

9 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

indeed.. I have 2 nick.. one by ah chiong.. another by his mech.. his head mech call me problematic man.. haha.. always find issues for them.. 😂

Should tell him... No problem you where got business? hahahahhaa you need more people like me hahaa

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Siphon said:

Should tell him... No problem you where got business? hahahahhaa you need more people like me hahaa

no la.. I'll usually reply.. "ya.. create problems for you to resolve.. haha.. ah bo I scare you too free.". 😂

• Haha 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

On 3/25/2023 at 3:24 PM, noobie2k22 said:

Ah I see, thanks a lot for the kind sharing! For myself, I’m not too sure if I’ll be pursuing for 2A or even 2 in the long run, am feeling pretty pooped by this 2B journey haha. But who knows if I will change my mind in the future? 😄

The number of lessons i took at SSDC is pretty long compared to the average learners I think? Sorta reduced the number of tries from L5 onwards due to RC/RR:

L1 - 9

L2 - 8

L3 - 12

L4 - 2

L5 - 4

L6 - 4

L7 - 3

L8 - 4

RC - 22

RR - 7

TP - 1 time

A long biker journey but super worthwhile looking back. Met so many like minded learners and kind seniors who have helped shape my journey!! 😊

Of course not to forget the instructors hahah! Was really fortunate to get the super high guidance kinda instructors during last stretch of practices before TP.

last time L3 got part 1 & part 2...

I assume now become L3 & L4 ...

so L3 is figure 8 and/or crank course ?

I also have the same thinking....

when 1 yr is up, buttock will be itchy then u will go sign up....

On 3/28/2023 at 2:17 AM, Nakuru said:

Congrats on passing!!! 

Wah.. the number of times of ur repeats.. 😲 but good thing u didnt give up n managed to pass in 1 try for TP.. good job!

Wats ur budget? I actually have fren who is waiting to sell his xsr.. but he can only let go in apr/may cos 1more month to finish his COI n he has the square aluminium box.. haha

Hehe thanks a lot!!! 🥰 Still remember back then you were one of the first few in this forum that gave me tips on how to overcome my F8 woes, though during TP I exceeded my timing due to nervousness hahah🥲 I can’t believe that I passed in my first try, was expecting my number tag to be called, really having a good luck and weather condition that day!

Btw how’s your knee injury? Hopefully it has healed slightly though the healing journey will take quite a while..

Whats the vespa colour? hahah cute choice!!!

Oh I’m actually tryna get a new XSR at 18k range, because it seems like the new XSR is of this range but still wanna see if COE will reduce to 11k range lol. I have a friend who is looking into 2nd hand bikes, I’ll check in with her then let you know if she’s interested? Thanks for the info btw!! 🥰 

1 hour ago, Pisces44 said:

last time L3 got part 1 & part 2...

I assume now become L3 & L4 ...

so L3 is figure 8 and/or crank course ?

I also have the same thinking....

when 1 yr is up, buttock will be itchy then u will go sign up....

L3 in SSDC consists of Ebrake, Fig 8 & Crank. So it’s 3 in 1 and personally, I feel it’s too condensed to have ample time to practice and pass the instructors’ expectation😪

Hahahah ya see how it goes after 1 year, see if that passion and motivation is there for riding a Super 4 hahahhaa

8 minutes ago, noobie2k22 said:

Hehe thanks a lot!!! 🥰 Still remember back then you were one of the first few in this forum that gave me tips on how to overcome my F8 woes, though during TP I exceeded my timing due to nervousness hahah🥲 I can’t believe that I passed in my first try, was expecting my number tag to be called, really having a good luck and weather condition that day!

Btw how’s your knee injury? Hopefully it has healed slightly though the healing journey will take quite a while..

Whats the vespa colour? hahah cute choice!!!

Oh I’m actually tryna get a new XSR at 18k range, because it seems like the new XSR is of this range but still wanna see if COE will reduce to 11k range lol. I have a friend who is looking into 2nd hand bikes, I’ll check in with her then let you know if she’s interested? Thanks for the info btw!! 🥰 

L3 in SSDC consists of Ebrake, Fig 8 & Crank. So it’s 3 in 1 and personally, I feel it’s too condensed to have ample time to practice and pass the instructors’ expectation😪

Hahahah ya see how it goes after 1 year, see if that passion and motivation is there for riding a Super 4 hahahhaa

haha good that our tips help u through ur journey.. doesnt matter whether exceed timing or not as long as nv bang kerb and u passed is all it matters.. hahaha 

my knee still not doing well.. suddenly grew an abcess and 2 months already still not healing.. it was all doing well until this abcess decided to grow n send mi back on the wheelchair.. i guess i have been moving too much previously to cause some inflammation inside.. haha 

Red!!! but i cant ride it yet cos its abit too tall for mi n i gotta "jump off" the seat everytime i come to a stop which will cause some impact to my leg.. so my husb is riding it now once in a while.. hahaha 

i think u can try wait till apr or may.. if not just close eyes n buy it.. if not u can consider the 2nd hand market already.. my fren haven actually decided whether to trade in to the shop or sell to open market.. all i noe is he is getting the XSR900 so he is definitely gonna get rid of his current xsr155.. haha 

im actually oso considering going back SSDC for class 2a.. but my leg keep dun heal up properly.. sian much 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 3:23 PM, Nakuru said:

im actually oso considering going back SSDC for class 2a.. but my leg keep dun heal up properly.. sian much 

Personally i think you should heal up first. Then get those riding mesh pants to give you the additional confidence before going for your rides. 

For the class 2A i would think the problem might be the height of the bikes... Do they have lowered S4s there? Maybe you can wait for @noobie2k22and go together. got a partner always more fun. Can encourage each other. 

2A the hardest will likely be the Plank and the bumps. You need to have courage and confidence standing on the bike at the bumps. But its a good skill to learn before heading in and back from Malaysia. haha... there are bumps when you come back and that is really useful to learn how to deal with those bumps before going in. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Siphon said:

Personally i think you should heal up first. Then get those riding mesh pants to give you the additional confidence before going for your rides. 

For the class 2A i would think the problem might be the height of the bikes... Do they have lowered S4s there? Maybe you can wait for @noobie2k22and go together. got a partner always more fun. Can encourage each other. 

2A the hardest will likely be the Plank and the bumps. You need to have courage and confidence standing on the bike at the bumps. But its a good skill to learn before heading in and back from Malaysia. haha... there are bumps when you come back and that is really useful to learn how to deal with those bumps before going in. 

CL2A

1 - agreed on height as main objective but she can try to sit on other super 4 and see if she can "adopt" to it or not.

2 - yes yes.. plank will need to brake abit to pass.. no longer half clutch can pass.. 

3 - bumpy, just half clutch slowly go across can pass liao..

4 - figure 8, cannot brake to pass. 😂

CL2

Plank need to brake ALOT.. to pass.. 11s

bumpy need to half clutch and 5-10% throttle just not to let engine die.. 

figure 8, same.. gear 2 cannot brake must throttle abit to pass.. less then 9seconds

13 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

CL2A

1 - agreed on height as main objective but she can try to sit on other super 4 and see if she can "adopt" to it or not.

2 - yes yes.. plank will need to brake abit to pass.. no longer half clutch can pass.. 

CL2

figure 8, same.. gear 2 cannot brake must throttle abit to pass.. less then 9seconds

Thks for the tips. Looking fwd to Feb 24 to sign up for 2A. Was thinking if I should get a super 4 as well but I think I’ll forgo all these and just wait it out till cl2 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dandanwhambam said:

Thks for the tips. Looking fwd to Feb 24 to sign up for 2A. Was thinking if I should get a super 4 as well but I think I’ll forgo all these and just wait it out till cl2 

if got cheap deals left 1 year at reasonable priced.. can consider.. if not, dun get it.. waste money only.. lol.. I brought my MT03 about 1 year+ ago at 8k? (left 5 years COE) most of the prices nowadays all anyhow marked up de..

that's why I'm now looking at those COE ending bikes.. haha.. those will be more reasonable priced..

19 hours ago, Siphon said:

I did ride around in Jan/Feb.. until my knee decides "nope, u moved too much" n then it got worst till now.. even challenged to ride into JB via tuas somemore.. haha 

I actually tried sitting on the S4 there already.. quite managable surprisingly. 

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

CL2A

CL2

Dun think i going CL2.. but anyway, leg no heal i simi sai oso cannot do.. i cant continue physio cos will make the wound worst.. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 11:37 AM, Nakuru said:

I did ride around in Jan/Feb.. until my knee decides "nope, u moved too much" n then it got worst till now.. even challenged to ride into JB via tuas somemore.. haha 

I actually tried sitting on the S4 there already.. quite managable surprisingly. 

Dun think i going CL2.. but anyway, leg no heal i simi sai oso cannot do.. i cant continue physio cos will make the wound worst.. 

eh? not too bad ah? Then you can ask for the lower seat S4. They shave off the foam a little to make it lower for 2 bikes last time. Maybe they still have those. 

2A and 2 the main difference is the pushing of the class 2 bone around and lifting and putting it on the stand again. Else its really the same. You have more options with bigger bike CC. Other than that in Sg actually 2A is more than sufficient to move fast enough to get out of trouble really.  Slowly heal first ba. Will get better with time. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 11:37 AM, Nakuru said:

slowly.. a lot of lady rider CL2 nowadays also.. LOL.. 

wound.. let time heal itself.. dun think so much..

On 4/2/2023 at 12:40 PM, Siphon said:

eh? not too bad ah? Then you can ask for the lower seat S4. They shave off the foam a little to make it lower for 2 bikes last time. Maybe they still have those. 

2A and 2 the main difference is the pushing of the class 2 bone around and lifting and putting it on the stand again. Else its really the same. You have more options with bigger bike CC. Other than that in Sg actually 2A is more than sufficient to move fast enough to get out of trouble really.  Slowly heal first ba. Will get better with time. 

indeed indeed.. can cut cut..

and yup,, license of 2A and 2 is just push bike + timing gets abit tighter..

8 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

and yup,, license of 2A and 2 is just push bike + timing gets abit tighter..

Loooooonger hahaa… but I didn’t really feel it was that much difference when I took it. Think by the time take class 2 I felt quite at home with a super 4 and so the cb600 feel pretty similar. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Siphon said:

Loooooonger hahaa… but I didn’t really feel it was that much difference when I took it. Think by the time take class 2 I felt quite at home with a super 4 and so the cb600 feel pretty similar. 

got diff la.. riding my bike and the school bike feels differently.. haha...

On 4/2/2023 at 12:40 PM, Siphon said:

dun think they have.. seems like all normal height to me.. but it was surprisingly manageable on it la.. the only issue is to get used to the torque cos i didnt rode the 190cc n my own bike is 125cc only.. 

hi guys can I ask like is upspec an engine legal in singapore? Cant seem to find answers for it only know that the engine has to be the same as the current bike model if doing an engine swap and once done the other bike has to be deregistered or something. 

On 4/5/2023 at 9:04 PM, Dylannn said:

hi guys can I ask like is upspec an engine legal in singapore? Cant seem to find answers for it only know that the engine has to be the same as the current bike model if doing an engine swap and once done the other bike has to be deregistered or something. 

short answer to UPSPEC. NO.

Long answer with more of what you can actually do. 

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/modification.html

Read under engine. 

On 4/5/2023 at 1:02 PM, Nakuru said:

dun think they have.. seems like all normal height to me.. but it was surprisingly manageable on it la.. the only issue is to get used to the torque cos i didnt rode the 190cc n my own bike is 125cc only.. 

oh you went to try already? nice~ 2A soon then hahahhaa

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 10:07 PM, Siphon said:

oh you went to try already? nice~ 2A soon then hahahhaa

ya.. i went to try when my husb was there for his 2A n all the instructors there pretty much know me la.. so i ask to try n their boss let me sit.. just never start engine only.. feet can touch floor n the weight is manageable.. feels lighter than my husb's duke 200 lolol

On 4/5/2023 at 9:04 PM, Dylannn said:

indeed.. as per Siphon mentioned.. not legal.. but in any event if you "port engine" change piston bigger.. Inspection wun know.. but wear and tear will be ALOT faster as your gearbox cannot take the "faster/bigger" piston.. so not recommended.. if really wan faster.. upgrade license upgrade bike..