SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF VespaNet Cafe 2009 GT/LX/PX/ET

Brembo

Hi all, i'm very new to this forum. Actually im still half way through getting my license! Just wanted to do some background check on the scooter i want to buy. Basically want a bike to move around, don't want to speed cos cant afford to pay and get any injuries, that's why i'm interested in scooters. Was thinking of buying over a friend's old vespa. Not very sure of the year but i'll ask. Either that or i'll get a new vespa. Any recommendation? See here and there..still like the vespa or gilera. If i were to get an old vespa and redo the whole thing, would it be more worth it to get a new one? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, i'm very new to this forum. Actually im still half way through getting my license! Just wanted to do some background check on the scooter i want to buy. Basically want a bike to move around, don't want to speed cos cant afford to pay and get any injuries, that's why i'm interested in scooters. Was thinking of buying over a friend's old vespa. Not very sure of the year but i'll ask. Either that or i'll get a new vespa. Any recommendation? See here and there..still like the vespa or gilera. If i were to get an old vespa and redo the whole thing, would it be more worth it to get a new one? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

If you're concerned about safety, get a Vespa with a front disc brake.... the older models are drum... and thus don't really stop... FR onwards for the PXDisc can be bought for $1500... overhaul (of everything) will cost around $1k.... so definitely cheaper than buying new....

Check out the wiki if you haven't already...

http://www.vesporeanfaq.wikispaces.com

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

Yup.... It could be the connection at the front part of the cowl... the pin that pushes into the frame... Inside the frame the female part (if you will) is spring loaded... try spraying some wd40 in there and poking it with a screwdriver...

If that doesn't help... I'd get the tank out and check the connections in there...

i guess it worked for him?

There's another way to improve connection at the cowl/frame, take a small piece of electrical wire, remove the casing, roll up the wire strands and stuff it into the 'female part' =)

one with a disc brake is not going to be more than 10 years old... Still pretty new as Vespas go... 2.5 doesn't include paint.... that's a whole other debate... How much should you spend on your paint, and how thoroughly its done etc... you can spend anywhere from $200 to $500 on a "normal" job...

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

sky's fuel consumption he said to be about 40km/L...

but my GTS300 onli 26km+/L.... maybe due to riding to n fro orchard everday... jam+stop/go acceleration+traffic lights.... maybe bah..

sky u travel by expressway, smooth traffic issit?

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

I never ride 250 before...

But GTS300... power is solid.... pick-up like S4.... but pick up only...

handling like a vespa..... those who ride runner before... if ride vespa would still choose runner...

vespa is for relax riding.... pick up is solid dats all~

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

i got my LX respray at Replica ( the one at Kallang industrial park?) How come now they cannot do it ....

you can also try at this uncle's place at kampong bahru inside the malaysia train station ... if u wan his number can PM me or u wan me to bring u there coz a bit ulu place

i'm so sorry for invading this thread, i'm very interested in vespa for several years already, gonna get my class 2b lessons started soon. was wondering if anyone has opinions about px 200? :D

:angel: Be considerate on the roads! Ride safe! :)

If you're concerned about safety, get a Vespa with a front disc brake.... the older models are drum... and thus don't really stop... FR onwards for the PXDisc can be bought for $1500... overhaul (of everything) will cost around $1k.... so definitely cheaper than buying new....

Check out the wiki if you haven't already...

http://www.vesporeanfaq.wikispaces.com

true.. get a disc brke.. unless u can get used to not relying on frnt brakes.. mine the frnt drum brake totally not working nearly got an accident with this car.. basket dunno how to stop wen supposed to.. i skid until middle of cross junction.. now im thinking if i shld do a conversion.. with mite coz abit more than getting one that is already a disc brake.. so to sum it up, get one with disc brake if ur planning on safety..

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

Sold.

Black nov 04 black vespa with brown leather for sale. Sorry, don't know how to upload pics. Interested pls message me at 9785 4055. Looking at 4.5K. Re-financing not possible, but I'm flexible, will hold out for buyer if deposit is placed.

Mechanically sound and paintwork still beautiful due to frequent polish, checked by tong aik for pre-sale until last confirmed buyer pulled out at last min.

Number: 9785 4055

Edited by STAN38

Hi all,

Any GTS 300 rider here?

Is it available in SG? Which Shop?

http://www.vespausa.com/scooters.php#/views/Vespa GTS 300 Super

Any compatibility of the rear Top Case box?

Only this white color available or a variety range of colors?

http://www.vespausa.com/accessories.php?section=Top%20Cases&model=GTS%20300%20Super

Whats the difference between this GTS 300 & GTS 250 and also what is exactly i.e.?

Thanks in Advance

:cool:

Okay. I'll try to answer you ya.

Yes it's available in SG.

Top case normally have will colour matching your scooter. Can also call Brembo to enquire.

300 & 250? CC difference. Not by much though cos the actuall cc for the "bigger" GTS is 278cc.

i.e. = their way of telling you it's EFI...I think... :D

OLD NO GO, NEW NO COME.

Okay. I'll try to answer you ya.

Yes it's available in SG.

Top case normally have will colour matching your scooter. Can also call Brembo to enquire.

300 & 250? CC difference. Not by much though cos the actuall cc for the "bigger" GTS is 278cc.

i.e. = their way of telling you it's EFI...I think... :D

Thanks for the reply!

ya ie is Fuel Injection.

the machine price is around $9k. OTR all in around $11k+...

the Box is $580...

by the way who is Brembo and his contacts?

:cool: