SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

VAN or CAR?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by minorsage@April 08, 2007 11:01 pm

archenemy, why didn't you get the CDTI ?

sports rim with 4 disc brakes, ABS and faster,better fuel consumption right?

240nm@2300rpm/100bhp, superb.

some of the sedan cars still come with rear drum brakes and no ABS.

haha.

i bought 2nd hand...

didnt see a need for a 1st hand vehicle...

but anyway...no regrets...im still enjoying my ride...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Guest Enjoy
Originally posted by fruitcakepablohoney@April 09, 2007 08:21 am

How you guys clear the black smoke? :confused:

I've seen workshop guys putting water at the exhaust, than start the vehicle.

Is this reccomended? Your 2 cents guys. Cheers

The best way, check back.....and rev it up! Go for ur century run. By the 3rd run, u probably wont see much smoke anymore.

I have personally tried exhaust pipe method too. Dont see any harm in doing that, common practice in the diesel industrial.

But i prefer the natural way. :smile:

i have tried it before...and it find it very useful...put the hose into your exhaust....flush it...& you really can see black soot flowing out...

after that...rev it hard..and you can see black water flying out of the exhaust....

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Originally posted by fruitcakepablohoney@April 13, 2007 09:57 am

I've drove up North to clear carbon before.

Come back damn smokeless man!

I've yet to try putting the hose & stuck it up the exhaust.

Hope nothing goes wrong!

Thanks guys for your advise! :thumb:

you went in with or without permit?

• 2 months later...

I've heard, if you set up a "virtual" company, you are just as eligible as fully-fledged companies to own a goods vehicle.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

why not toyota hiace?spacious with turbo engine...nice design too...

and with a season parking fee of $185 compared to my $65...its also very nice...

and with a season parking fee of $185 compared to my $65...its also very nice...

izit?season parking not at flat fee?i tot all vehicles at 90 bucks xcept bike 17...

izit?season parking not at flat fee?i tot all vehicles at 90 bucks xcept bike 17...

those 10 wheeler tipper truck also pay our rates?

how can this be? our govt will not be so stupid...

i think any G or Y plate vehicle authorised to carry 3 tons & above have to pay $185..

those 10 wheeler tipper truck also pay our rates?

how can this be? our govt will not be so stupid...

i think any G or Y plate vehicle authorised to carry 3 tons & above have to pay $185..

hello fren...wat i'm trying to say are only those vehicle tat could meet the height requirement of a multi storey carpark if they r paying 90 bucks...ya i know govt won't be stupid but enlighten me if a 10 WHEELER TIPPER TRUCK can fit our hdb home carpark...

u said flat rate mah....

know the meaning of flat rate? means applies to all....u only said "xcept bikes at $17"...

anyway i only paid $15 for my season parking for my bike...

10 wheeler tipper truck of course can...take 2 lots lor...

u said flat rate mah....

know the meaning of flat rate? means applies to all....u only said "xcept bikes at $17"...

anyway i only paid $15 for my season parking for my bike...

10 wheeler tipper truck of course can...take 2 lots lor...

yah in here i'm saying flat rate for parking charges using normal carpark not heavy vehicles park.and in the first place we are talking about a van and i dun tink a van like hiace have any problem goin in a normal hdb home carpark..so the question of season parking charges being high for a van does not apply here. why 185 when u can pay 90?correct me if i am wrong but i dun tink u have seen before a 10 wheeler tipper truck or to be exact i dun tink u undaztand aniting bout a 10 wheeler tipper truck.if u do u realise at the point of entry at every carpark there is a big signboard stating only vehicles with certain unladen weight is allowed to park at the carpark.even if u ignore the unladen weight sign, common sense will tell u tat even 2 lots will not suffice for a 10 wheeler tipper truck..and of course u are paying 15 bucks because its an open carpark..

did u state anything? i dont think you did.

you wanna come to my workshop & i show you what is a 6X4 tipper truck? or a 4X2 Prime Mover? how about 8X4 Hook Crane? or a 80 wheeler 500ton crane?

i dont need you to teach me what are these kinds of vehicles. i see them everyday.

a hiace would have problems going into a 1.85m carpark. i have hiace customers who have scratched their roofs because their vehicle clearance is 1.9m. dont believe? do buy a hiace..come to me...i will bring you to carparks & you will drive into it. dont come to me & cry then.

how much u want to pay me if i can get a 6X4 tipper inside 2 normal car lots in an open space carpark? we set a bet at $1000 for my ability to do that?

i respect your courage but 1st thing i wanna say is tat tis is way off the topic supposed to be discussed.pls refer to the topic title bro.our fren is not askin about 6x4 tipper truck or 4x2 prime mover or how about 8x4 hook crane or 80 wheeler 500ton crane.well if u insist on winning,i can't say much.let u have the credit for being smart.each is entitled to own opinions.

• 3 weeks later...