SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Suzuki SV 400/650/1000

Metalfyre

18th Feb (Saturday) ride to Mersing (adrain pls state time)

1. adrainslacker

2. kooteowman

3. weiz85 (90263673)

4. hart (98437778, dunno bike and rider up to standard liao bo)

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by skybono@Feb 11 2006, 01:34 PM

Hi guys,

Anyone interested with this handlebars, pm me.

suburban machinery

looks good..

but i feel that our current handle bars are more stable~

the handle bar can fit but no point la, for s model, i want a lower position. i need a heavier balancer, vibrations is too much then cause my palm to numb.

adrain> i can get u to mersing , keowteoman also can so dun worry. but wat are the itinery?

denden> mersing is about 180km away from 1st link.

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

Originally posted by weiz85@Feb 12 2006, 10:34 PM

denden> mersing is about 180km away from 1st link.

wah..

i have to get back by 4+ ba..

can make it anot? :sweat:

18th Feb (Saturday) ride to Mersing (adrain pls state time)

1. adrainslacker

2. kooteowman

3. weiz85 (90263673)

5. Denden

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/brendanchin/Yee.jpg

Originally posted by weiz85@Feb 13 2006, 01:42 AM

if meet 10, go there for lunch only then u should be able to make it lor

cool!

SV Outing to Mersing

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9035/sv400s2qh.jpg

Date: Saturday, 18th Feb 2006

Itirerary:

9:00 am - rendezvous at Gelang Patah Esso, pump petrol

9:30 am - move off from GP Esso, late comers will have to find their own way to Mersing :goodluck:

12:00 pm - should be at Mersing earlier than this, find lunch :hungry: Take group pic, talk about SVs

2:00 pm - clear meter back to singapore

Confirmed participants:

1. adrianslacker (93826400)

2. kooteowman

3. weiz85 (90263673)

5. Denden

Anyone who is reading this is also invited to join us. Cruising speed will be 120 km/h to mersing, can clear meter on the way back if you want.

Originally posted by adrianslacker@Feb 13 2006, 12:33 PM

cool!

SV Outing to Mersing

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9035/sv400s2qh.jpg

Date: Saturday, 18th Feb 2006

Itirerary:

9:00 am - rendezvous at Gelang Patah Esso, pump petrol

9:30 am - move off from GP Esso, late comers will have to find their own way to Mersing :goodluck:

12:00 pm - should be at Mersing earlier than this, find lunch :hungry: Take group pic, talk about SVs

2:00 pm - clear meter back to singapore

Confirmed participants:

1. adrianslacker (93826400)

2. kooteowman

3. weiz85 (90263673)

5. Denden

Anyone who is reading this is also invited to join us. Cruising speed will be 120 km/h to mersing, can clear meter on the way back if you want.

Huh GP Esso? Anyone know how to reach route 3 from there? I dunno lei...

120kph to Mersing? Some areas maybe can't go so fast because kampung road...

Originally posted by KooTeowMan@Feb 13 2006, 05:21 PM

Huh GP Esso? Anyone know how to reach route 3 from there? I dunno lei...

120kph to Mersing? Some areas maybe can't go so fast because kampung road...

Take the NSH exit to PasiR Gudang highway. There will be a sign leading you to Kota Tinggi, which is route3 :thumb:

who is uncle ling?...

i dun mind joining to form a bigger grp n have fun together , i was about to ask neo to join us instead haha.

think have to ask our organiser, adrain see if he wan liao.

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

Originally posted by weiz85@Feb 14 2006, 02:02 AM

who is uncle ling?...

i dun mind joining to form a bigger grp n have fun together , i was about to ask neo to join us instead haha.

think have to ask our organiser, adrain see if he wan liao.

Twins rideout~! Yea... :D

Uncle Ling rides a Multistrada. :thumb:

Originally posted by weiz85@Feb 8 2006, 02:12 PM

send for inspection n see how haha

Cleared my inspection last week. The guys at STA Ayer Rajah just happy to see big bikes. Unfortunately, bike throw tantrum twice since last week. Probably joke with the technicians at STA that I might change bike. Now learn a very painful lesson. Just like women, get jealous and throw tantrum easily.

Last week went to replace speedo & tachco light bulb. Came out of bike shop less than 1 min, bike stalled at right lane. Should have about 2 liters of petrol in tank, just don't know why stalled. Ended gotto push bike and ask for petrol delivery.

Last Sat went riding. Toke a smoke break at Kallang Stadium. After that, refuse to start up. The only sound I hear was the relay "tick" sound. Probably rectifier got burn. Now bike in "sick bay".

Any guys out there have changed their rectifier so far? How long does your rectifier last?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1140039.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1130008.jpg

Suzuki rectifiers are known to be very robust.

But, a dying battery can kill a rectifier too, because it draws alot of current, overheating it.

Try changing your battery first. Use a voltmeter to check the health of the rectifier.

Originally posted by SV650@Feb 14 2006, 11:33 PM

Cleared my inspection last week. The guys at STA Ayer Rajah just happy to see big bikes. Unfortunately, bike throw tantrum twice since last week. Probably joke with the technicians at STA that I might change bike. Now learn a very painful lesson. Just like women, get jealous and throw tantrum easily.

Last week went to replace speedo & tachco light bulb. Came out of bike shop less than 1 min, bike stalled at right lane. Should have about 2 liters of petrol in tank, just don't know why stalled. Ended gotto push bike and ask for petrol delivery.

Last Sat went riding. Toke a smoke break at Kallang Stadium. After that, refuse to start up. The only sound I hear was the relay "tick" sound. Probably rectifier got burn. Now bike in "sick bay".

Any guys out there have changed their rectifier so far? How long does your rectifier last?

Changed mine once. Abt 3-4 years old (bike), 54000km of mileage.

There was telltail signs which I had ignored, 1 mth before it happened, the cranking (electric start) wasn't strong, felt like machiam engine too thick or engine cold. Until too late, not enough batt to start bike. Push start also cannot. Cost me abt $200 plus incl new batt.

BTW, when this happen, putting a new batt in will make it run for 1 to 2 weeks before the batt drys out. So you can try this if you want to avoid calling the tow truck. Anyway need to buy batt also.

this are all wear n tear mah , kind of regular maintanance to be done when time is up. get it fixed and join us for the ride this sat !

:smile:

Originally posted by KooTeowMan@Feb 15 2006, 12:29 AM

Changed mine once. Abt 3-4 years old (bike), 54000km of mileage.

There was telltail signs which I had ignored, 1 mth before it happened, the cranking (electric start) wasn't strong, felt like machiam engine too thick or engine cold. Until too late, not enough batt to start bike. Push start also cannot. Cost me abt $200 plus incl new batt.

BTW, when this happen, putting a new batt in will make it run for 1 to 2 weeks before the batt drys out. So you can try this if you want to avoid calling the tow truck. Anyway need to buy batt also.

u changed ur batt once for over 4 year?

thats is quite lasting.

:thumb:

my rectifier also died not long ago. i posted the symptoms, u can search for it in this thread.

free to join us for the ride?