SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Suzuki SV 400/650/1000

Metalfyre

Originally posted by adrianslacker@Feb 15 2006, 02:14 PM

sure! u riding TL? our bigger cousin!

think there should be around 5 SVs (1 TL), not sure how many dukes though.

but all in the v-twin family! :bouncefire:

yeah im riding the tl

:thumb:

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by nE0+Feb 14 2006, 11:42 PM-->
QUOTE (nE0 @ Feb 14 2006, 11:42 PM)
Suzuki rectifiers are known to be very robust.

But, a dying battery can kill a rectifier too, because it draws alot of current, overheating it.

Try changing your battery first. Use a voltmeter to check the health of the rectifier. [/b]

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1140039.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1130008.jpg

Originally posted by weiz85+Feb 15 2006, 01:16 AM-->
QUOTE (weiz85 @ Feb 15 2006, 01:16 AM)
this are all wear n tear mah , kind of regular maintanance to be done when time is up. get it fixed and join us for the ride this sat !

:smile: [/b]

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1140039.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1130008.jpg

Originally posted by weiz85@Feb 15 2006, 04:45 PM

oh wat happen?

There a patch of oil stain on my lower fairing. Not sure where it came from or perhaps it had always been there, just I didn't notice it. Perhaps of the trip to come made me a little consicious. It could be from my chain or from my air box, yes airbox, believe or not, my airbox is always oily and every mechanic I consulted says it normal.:confused:

Right now, can't see the oil level window clearly so can't judge the health of my bike. But if I'm going to Mersing, I had to make sure the bike is fine.

Do carry on, I'll keep you guys posted.:thumb:

Originally posted by KooTeowMan@Feb 15 2006, 11:34 PM

There a patch of oil stain on my lower fairing. Not sure where it came from or perhaps it had always been there, just I didn't notice it. Perhaps of the trip to come made me a little consicious. It could be from my chain or from my air box, yes airbox, believe or not, my airbox is always oily and every mechanic I consulted says it normal.:confused:

Right now, can't see the oil level window clearly so can't judge the health of my bike. But if I'm going to Mersing, I had to make sure the bike is fine.

Yes, its normal for the airbox to be oily. Some bikes use the airbox as an oil catch pan, so incase the engine self destructs, the oil will puke out into the airbox instead of all over the road.

To check, open up your airbox, and rev the engine. If theres an oil mist from the crankcase breather tube, then its fine. If you wanna get rid of this, get a KnN crankcase breather :thumb:

Ask u all hor..

when u check ur oil level, do u do it when the bike is cold (in the morning) or hot (after going some distance)?

last time i ride ta150, neber chap about eo one.. now cannot liaozz

:cheeky:

Pls post ur reasons here~!

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..

yeah its the oil return when it gets too hot. most bike have a catchment for the oil to be kept and to be flown back when its cooler or when the engine stops.

try to do a crankcase breather with the K&N breather as Neo says.it helps

在绝望中坚强

Originally posted by hart@Feb 16 2006, 01:11 AM

Ask u all hor..

when u check ur oil level, do u do it when the bike is cold (in the morning) or hot (after going some distance)?

do it when its cold, when the engine is not hot and the oil not expand.

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

Originally posted by shoei@Feb 16 2006, 01:57 AM

yeah its the oil return when it gets too hot. most bike have a catchment for the oil to be kept and to be flown back when its cooler or when the engine stops.

try to do a crankcase breather with the K&N breather as Neo says.it helps

think i got the knn breather, figuring out for quite sometime n now i know wat it is liao haha

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

Originally posted by SV650@Feb 15 2006, 08:05 PM

Will join in if my bike is fix and ready to go on fri evening.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

think it shouldnt take much time to fix if they got the parts. look forward to see u this sat.

hope ur bike is fine, maybe bring along a bottle of eo just in case .

Originally posted by shoei@Feb 16 2006, 02:58 AM

no wonder ur bike so fast

ya, regardless wat make or model .

anything rode by him is classified as fast

:cheer: :cheer:

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

Originally posted by hart@Feb 16 2006, 01:11 AM

Ask u all hor..

if you want to check when the engine is cold

1. start engine, let it run for 2-3 mins.

2. turn off engine

3. wait another 2-3 minutes.

4. set the bike straight to check oil level

Originally posted by adrianslacker@Feb 16 2006, 09:29 AM

2. turn off engine

在绝望中坚强

Originally posted by adrianslacker@Feb 16 2006, 09:29 AM

2. turn off engine

if the engine is hot?

Originally posted by weiz85@Feb 16 2006, 04:01 PM

if the engine is hot?

If its hot, just shut it off, wait like half a minute for the oil to settle, then check.

Leave the bike on sidestand, go the otherside, straighten it, it should be around the top mark on the window. Less is alright, too much is not good, no oil visible is not good.

Originally posted by nE0@Feb 16 2006, 04:26 PM

If its hot, just shut it off, wait like half a minute for the oil to settle, then check.

Leave the bike on sidestand, go the otherside, straighten it, it should be around the top mark on the window. Less is alright, too much is not good, no oil visible is not good.

:smile:

I getting kind of confused.

So should i straight the bike b4 i even on the engine to see the lvl?

or should i do wat adrian and neo says?

The rational behind the cold checking is to make sure tat u can clearly see tat it's enough even when the oil is not hot.

The rational behind the hot checking (after bike warmed up or after a ride), is to make sure tat after the oil expands, it does not exceed the high limit..

So the best solution is to top up eo while the engine is totally cold to the lower level mark.. then after riding liao, see how high is the level (probably reach halfway or upper limit depending on how thick is the oil) now is it?

I have no idea~ :confused:

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11337/tri_daytona675.jpg

counting down again to the final class of license..

riding.. freedom.. it comes together..