SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki ZX10R Technicial Issue!

Alex31

No offence Alex, its always good to discuss different model bikes to get more info and update on each other, so next time if wanna change bike, also got more info.

But too bad many will feel offended when u say their bike no good or got what problems. Might also be becos there are also ppl out there always shooting ppl down. so ppl tends to get more defensive.

Maybe its human nature that no matter what fault the bike have, but becos u bought it, u will like it and can live with the faults. but sure got ppl trying to shoot u down. that's sad...

My 1st choice is 03R1 actually, then 04R1, then K3 & zx10r then CBR1000rr.

I had a few worries about the cbr is the HESD, at first i was worried that if the hesd malfunctioned, will it lock the bike? lucky it wont. and when i heard about the removal of the hesd in race bike, i oso tot the hesd might not be that great afterall. But after i try it on high speed, i found that i dun have to worry about handlebar shaking, infact, it is very stable and i only need to concentrate on the road. maybe the hesd is a + for road rider and a - for race bike.

then is the flickability, mag says due to the longer wheelbase, the bike is harder to flick but more stable in corner. My thinking is, if u buang, mostly, its in a corner, so i would trade off the flickability for more stable corner. The swingarm is also designed to prevent wheel from sliding in a corner. The HP wise, i was not very impress at first too, but after some dyno runs, i found that my hp is ok and my torque is higher than some model and i dun like top speed, so this bike quite match my riding style. but i do like to have the slippery clutch too. hahaha. i think its some $1600 if u wanna install it. so got to make do with some blipping of throttle.

i try not to go long distance with my current tyre. wanna save it for other thing. next time man. but i oso dun noe when the next time will come. hahaha. local meetup should be okie. u should meetup with fatgrunt to psyco him and a guy call buzzbeam too. hahaha.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

psycho me for? not easy to choose between a 1L bike or a 600.. it's not just the money involve but the ability to utilise the bike power cos i find it obselete to ride a 1L and find my managing of power is not there. and p.s i'm not riding it for daily rounding routine.. maybe just work and home which is ard 14km a day. :) pls advice, anyway.. alex31, i met u and kumar before at kallang kfc. :)

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/91/34/5624319/8953410528433l.jpg

Feel the Fear And Do It Anyway is very strong in almost every case. Courage is not the absence of fear.

Hi Fat,

Next if you see me, pls intro yourself as there are so many bikers there. I went there a few times but nvr really talk to the Honda's guys..... But I did see one CBR 1000r in red colour scheme & I like the red lining on his both rims.

As for the issue for a 600 or a 1L class bike, you got to ask yourself whether you are travelling far or always in town. The acceralation of both bike is very different, If you ever went up NSH to follow the 1L class, you will know...... For a 600, it is more useable in Spore road. But for me, I rather chose a Litre class b/c you know man's ego, can't let a lady riding a R1 or Busa parking beside me. :sweat:

As for the routine travelling to work, I ride the bike only when it is not raining. I have 2 accident in the rain b/c of other ppl's mistake. They can laugh at me saying that I am afraid of the rain but I know that my life is more important & my family as well. I used to ride be it raining or sunshine in my younger days, but after taking public transport for two years, I am fine with it. :smile:

I wanted to get another small bike to reduce the fuel comsuption of the bike, but then my lady reject my proposal so I just concentrate to buy accessories for myself & bike. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kumar know's my story!

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by Nok97@Dec 30 2004, 11:40 PM

Alex31 is reli doin SOME study on his little greenie..

:thumb: :thumb:

Hi brother,

Please correct me if I have comment something that is not rite. But don't ask me who is the king of the road. :sian:

I am still learning from the big guys & experience rider. Hope to make it to the track next year but you know.......................:cry:

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by Ken@Dec 30 2004, 11:17 PM

No offence Alex, its always good to discuss different model bikes to get more info and update on each other, so next time if wanna change bike, also got more info.

But too bad many will feel offended when u say their bike no good or got what problems. Might also be becos there are also ppl out there always shooting ppl down. so ppl tends to get more defensive.

Maybe its human nature that no matter what fault the bike have, but becos u bought it, u will like it and can live with the faults. but sure got ppl trying to shoot u down. that's sad...

My 1st choice is 03R1 actually, then 04R1, then K3 & zx10r then CBR1000rr.

I had a few worries about the cbr is the HESD, at first i was worried that if the hesd malfunctioned, will it lock the bike? lucky it wont. and when i heard about the removal of the hesd in race bike, i oso tot the hesd might not be that great afterall. But after i try it on high speed, i found that i dun have to worry about handlebar shaking, infact, it is very stable and i only need to concentrate on the road. maybe the hesd is a + for road rider and a - for race bike.

then is the flickability, mag says due to the longer wheelbase, the bike is harder to flick but more stable in corner. My thinking is, if u buang, mostly, its in a corner, so i would trade off the flickability for more stable corner. The swingarm is also designed to prevent wheel from sliding in a corner. The HP wise, i was not very impress at first too, but after some dyno runs, i found that my hp is ok and my torque is higher than some model and i dun like top speed, so this bike quite match my riding style. but i do like to have the slippery clutch too. hahaha. i think its some $1600 if u wanna install it. so got to make do with some blipping of throttle.

i try not to go long distance with my current tyre. wanna save it for other thing. next time man. but i oso dun noe when the next time will come. hahaha. local meetup should be okie. u should meetup with fatgrunt to psyco him and a guy call buzzbeam too. hahaha.

Hi Ken,

I am glad that you are open for discussion but then it is normal if people feel offended when you use the wrong word to describle other people's m/c.

I remember once that a guy commented my friend's ZX12R paint scheme is not original & the tyres suck in front of him. I was at the other side of KKFC & after he walk away, I came to know of it. I was f^%$$& pissed off b/c I dun think he has the right to said that in front of the rider. My friend keep his cool as he doesn't want trouble.

I just wait for him to said one more time, I will make sure something will go inside his brain. :spam:

:offtopic:

The reason that a lot of bikers drop the idea of getting a Kawasaki bike is b/c of one stupid agent that spoil the whole market in Singapore. If during the ninties when the ZX-9 was very popular b/c of the handling & powerful engine, they should capture the market & really push for this brand, I guess they maybe a major key players now. In USA, Kawasaki is more appealing b/c of the power & support.

As for the HESD, I believe it is good to have one rather than none. I am getting mine as well. Whenever I dropped my gear, I will also blip the throttle so the the gearing is much smoother rather hearing the "bang" sound from the gearbox.

Mersing is not really far but then hope to see you in local meetups. Please let us know again. :cheer:

Nice chatting with you.

Cheers

Alex

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by Alex31@Dec 30 2004, 10:40 AM

Hi Ken,

Glad that you chose a bike that you like. This is also a first time that I picked up a Kawa, but I really like the green colour although I nearly go for the black one.

The changes that you see is only minor modification that was taken as a feedback which Kawasaki did a survey in the web to gather the feedback from the riders from all over the world. I am very glad that Kawasaki Heavy Industrial put in a great effort to take note & change them instead just having the same problem to evolve to the 05's. They also make sure that all the owners change their front wheels instead of covering up the issue despite only 3 cases in the world so far & they are the smallest Bike manufacturer among the Four major Brands. The only problems most of the 10r riders that have encounter is the "FI" light which lights up after a wash or in other scenarios. There is a sensor that is under the fuel tank which collects water due to the design of this rubber cap protecting this sensor. This sensor is to shut-off the engine when the bike dropped so sometimes due to the water trapped on the cap, it will light up. Usually, I just need to use the correct procedure to start the bike. This bike is also equipped with a design that eliminate missing gearing in stationary position. If you are in second gear, when you clutch in, it will go to the neutral gear instead of maybe missing the slot & go into the first gear. There is also a slippery clutch which I find it very useful even on the streets. You can drop 3 gears at one time & the back wheel still won't skid. That's a beauty to me.

Like what you say, I did a research on all 04 models & believe me, CBR 1000r was my first priority. I even went down to Honda Boon Siew to get all the details & facts. This is one of the best bike Honda has produced b/c of the technology that was instill into this bike. But when the review I saw on this bike' HP has produced & the way of the wiring design around the bike, I knew that there will be problems when doing maintenance. The steering damper & the immobiliser is a good catch but most of the Honda superstock race team removed the damper for a reason & the immobiliser function is a very expensive device that bundled with the CDI. I hope you are not offend by what I have commented on this bike.

Kawasaki give the ZX10R the power & the technology for the track. (Flickable, power, slippery clutch). The suspension needs more attention.

Honda give the CBR 1000R for smooth & easy rideable feel, advanced technology & netural handling. Each has their own good point & bad ones.

Why dun you share your comments here. The above comments are my own, pls do not take it to heart.

Btw, we are going to Mersing for a ride cum makan session this Sunday. Care to join in but we will be travelling not really fast b/c some of them is the first time there. (I am one of them). THe main idea is to have a safe & enjoyable trip.

how abt 04r1? i am open to hear the good n bad. ;)

anyway, zx10r greeny is on par wif my 04r1 wishlist. ;p

Ducati 1098, hear her roar @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp9xPyI8mCY

& wallpaper

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2687/ducati1098x600bd0.jpg

bio-Bee:pretty faces

Originally posted by Alex31@Dec 31 2004, 07:41 AM

I remember once that a guy commented my friend's ZX12R paint scheme is not original & the tyres suck in front of him.

is this guy's bike better or stock? :confused:

ther will always hv ppl who tink he is superior than the rest... maybe he has not realize he is the oni fool among all. ;p

& wallpaper

Originally posted by bio-Bee@Dec 31 2004, 12:00 PM

is this guy's bike better or stock? :confused:

ther will always hv ppl who tink he is superior than the rest... maybe he has not realize he is the oni fool among all. ;p

I know who is he but I reserve my comments on him.

Fyi, he rode a different bike. :mad:

Maybe that's why he is out to poke him.

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by bio-Bee@Dec 31 2004, 11:52 AM

how abt 04r1? i am open to hear the good n bad. ;)

anyway, zx10r greeny is on par wif my 04r1 wishlist. ;p

Hi Bio,

I can only say that 04R1 is fighting very close in term of power, look, design & technology with ZX10R as well. One of the advance tech is the 20 valve that no other Litre bike has. But Dyno chart from most mag shows a dip in the 3k to 6k rpm. (Not very sure about the actual region).

The bad things I heard most is the seized piston due to the piston rod bearing, even from the run-in period. There are over 10 cases that was reported in the R1 Forum in USA but so far I'm not sure in S'pore how many of them had this issue. Maybe none. One of the reason may due to the riders using the mototune method (IMHO) only, but nobody knows, as most of the riders who overcooked their engine said that they didn't do any stunts like wheelies.

The other issue is the heat management.....overcook nuts that some riders proclaimed, but them it is up to Individual. I personally like the brightness of the headlight & the sound. Very different from the rest.

Feel free to comment on the above. :lovestruck:

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by Alex31@Dec 31 2004, 12:36 PM

Hi Bio,

I can only say that 04R1 is fighting very close in term of power, look, design & technology with ZX10R as well. One of the advance tech is the 20 valve that no other Litre bike has. But Dyno chart from most mag shows a dip in the 3k to 6k rpm. (Not very sure about the actual region).

The bad things I heard most is the seized piston due to the piston rod bearing, even from the run-in period. There are over 10 cases that was reported in the R1 Forum in USA but so far I'm not sure in S'pore how many of them had this issue. Maybe none. One of the reason may due to the riders using the mototune method (IMHO) only, but nobody knows, as most of the riders who overcooked their engine said that they didn't do any stunts like wheelies.

The other issue is the heat management.....overcook nuts that some riders proclaimed, but them it is up to Individual. I personally like the brightness of the headlight & the sound. Very different from the rest.

Feel free to comment on the above. :lovestruck:

Yo yo... :)

7k dip > can be minimise the dip by usin powercommander or change header. ;p

seized piston > i use break-in method too, maybe i did not do hard enough... phew... ;p

heat issue > try not to wear burmudas. anyway i seldom brin nuts along, else i will not be a loser in kupin corner n wheelie ;p

lights > i sometime do curse the 04r1 following behind mi.... too bad, i am one of them too.. ;p

engine > one of the sweet thing to hear. ;p

more:

flip-sibility > good... better than 01r1 (oni try this bike before) ;p

high rev > powder wah.... real power.... ;p

parts > really ex... jus the rectifier cost $300.. :(

torque > this is wat the 04r1 miss out.... big time... :(

correct mi if i am wrong.... :)

& wallpaper

Alex31: we've meet before, i'm the young fella who was talking to kumar and you regarding how much a 20yr old rider insurance will cost for a zx10r at kallang kfc :p anyway, there sure is tons of litre-class bike owners out there but coming to think about it, i think what i want and what i need is 2 different thing.. so i guess i will just wait for the 05 636 to arrive then be the 1st few proud owners.

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/91/34/5624319/8953410528433l.jpg

Feel the Fear And Do It Anyway is very strong in almost every case. Courage is not the absence of fear.

Originally posted by Fatgrunt@Dec 31 2004, 02:41 PM

Alex31: we've meet before, i'm the young fella who was talking to kumar and you regarding how much a 20yr old rider insurance will cost for a zx10r at kallang kfc :p anyway, there sure is tons of litre-class bike owners out there but coming to think about it, i think what i want and what i need is 2 different thing.. so i guess i will just wait for the 05 636 to arrive then be the 1st few proud owners.

Hi Fat,

Hope to see you in our Ninja thread soon. :thumb:

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by aqualung@Jan 8 2005, 10:01 AM

Has anyone changed their brake pads on their ZX10?

Although I don't ride a ZX10R, it has been on the first few bikes on my list to buy. The only thing that turned me off was the insurance. The rest are super fantastic.

Great bike you all got!

Actually all bikes are good now on the market. All tyres and barke pads are good. Just depends on what are you demanding from the product whether its lifespan performance or compromisation. Do a good research before deciding on it. I have a good brake pad brand to recommend which is a compromisation between mileage and performance and the price is good too!

AP supersport sintered.

Carbone Lorraine SBK3

Get them from Motorworld and change yourself. Its very easy and you can in turn save up to 20% of the whole cost!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!