Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki ZX10R Technicial Issue!


Recommended Posts

Originally posted by aqualung@Jan 8 2005, 10:01 AM

Has anyone changed their brake pads on their ZX10?

Hi Aqualung,

 

Maybe you want to try this out:

 

http://brakingusa.com/pages/sportbike.html

 

The brake pad is CM55.

 

If you want to know more, check with PasirRis. Price around $180-$200, the shop I need to check with Pasirris if you really want. Good feedback from many riders b/c of the high temperture without fading.

 

:goodluck:

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by joe29@Jan 10 2005, 06:39 PM

Today i call evershine for the price of the original brake pads.

 

They quote me $100 for the rear and say more exp for the front.

 

Even ebc and dp are not that exp.

 

I would rather use the aftermarket ones.

 

:thumb:

hiya guys... i just changed the ebc pads at bikelab.. cost me 170 front n rear....HH.. wat u think? feelin not bad le.. quite good brakin response... then also bikelab also did a foc suspension setup according to rider weight.. i think tats gd customer svc..... hehe :cheeky: joe true man.... oem ones r so ex n not tat good n very dirty as well... might as well get aftermarket ones wor :thumb:

My rides since 1994:Nsr Hornet 125/Yamaha LC125/RD125/Suzuki RG125 Light Sprinter/CBR400 Hurricane/Suzuki GSXR 750/Honda XR250/KAWA ZXR750/Yamaha R1 03/Gilera Runner Fxr/ Suzuki GSXR1000 K6/Harley Sportster 1200S/Yamaha 04R1/BMW R1100r/Suzuki SRAD GSXR750/KTM 640SM/Harley VRod VSRCAW/HOnda Fireblade 929/R6'04/St1100V/DRZ400Sm_K8/Current-Aprilia RSV Tuono 1000R

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, i've been bitten by the zx10 bug recently and have looked up some reviews on the bike in the internet and mags. it's a fantastic bike and just a little heavier than the xz6 and is a very light 1L bike. however, a few reviews did say it is an expert's piece of equipment given the power. but it is good news that alex is getting used to the bike after a 2 year absence.

 

i would also like to find out from zx10 riders if they feel comfy(wrists and lower back especially) when they go up north(till KL and back?)

 

it was great to know about the FI sensor issue. will look it up. keep the technical discussions coming in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by speedtriple@Jan 18 2005, 10:33 AM

hi, i've been bitten by the zx10 bug recently and have looked up some reviews on the bike in the internet and mags. it's a fantastic bike and just a little heavier than the xz6 and is a very light 1L bike. however, a few reviews did say it is an expert's piece of equipment given the power. but it is good news that alex is getting used to the bike after a 2 year absence.

 

i would also like to find out from zx10 riders if they feel comfy(wrists and lower back especially) when they go up north(till KL and back?)

 

it was great to know about the FI sensor issue. will look it up. keep the technical discussions coming in!

Last Sep,been Phuket and back on the ZX10.

A lot more comfortable than the Ducati 900ss I had.

No problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Akrapovic55@Jan 18 2005, 11:26 AM

I wonder all ZX10 owner all no.plate also 10

Saw two ZX10 with no.plate 10 laio.

One is FX10 other FY10.So who is FZ10???

Maybe you are the chosen one. Get her & put the FZ10R on it. :thumb:

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by speedtriple@Jan 18 2005, 10:33 AM

hi, i've been bitten by the zx10 bug recently and have looked up some reviews on the bike in the internet and mags. it's a fantastic bike and just a little heavier than the xz6 and is a very light 1L bike. however, a few reviews did say it is an expert's piece of equipment given the power. but it is good news that alex is getting used to the bike after a 2 year absence.

 

i would also like to find out from zx10 riders if they feel comfy(wrists and lower back especially) when they go up north(till KL and back?)

 

it was great to know about the FI sensor issue. will look it up. keep the technical discussions coming in!

Hi Speed,

 

Actually who is that ZX10R? Issit your friend or some stranger that you meet on the road. It depends on the rider rather than the bike, the bike only give you a better advantage if you are a dare devil.

 

I still have a lot to learn from those season riders who is on the track. My balls isn't that big but I just want to get the best value of the price I paid for. Well, I love those slippery clutch. I didn't ride for quite a while so when I first ride this bike, I also takes a few weeks to adjust to the bike. Beside that, the Ninjas gave me a lot of advice on body posture, brakes & etc. Glad that the Ninjas are really a group of friendly mate.

 

:lovestruck:

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Alex31@Jan 18 2005, 01:22 PM

Maybe you are the chosen one. Get her & put the FZ10R on it. :thumb:

Hahahaha.I wish ,but no strike toto or 4d lei.Than thinking of it.I really wish to get one 10.But i still hoping honda will come out something new in 2006.

Maybe when i get a zx10 the no plate should be wat FAA???? laio.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Alex31@Dec 31 2004, 07:23 AM

Hi brother,

 

Please correct me if I have comment something that is not rite. But don't ask me who is the king of the road. :sian:

 

I am still learning from the big guys & experience rider. Hope to make it to the track next year but you know.......................:cry:

yo Bro.. don say tat ........ we r free to pt N speak out every things we feel or might know..

i'm still learnin too....everyday is a learning day for me..

Lets hope more ppl will share ideas n knowledge here..

Cos nobody lik to gain hindsight

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Speed,

 

Thanks for putting up those link, but the description for the link may be a little off track.

 

Btw, for the 2005 colour scheme, you have to check with Evershine Auto. I guess the other 2 new colours are Titanium & Magma red.

 

Cheers

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi SX,

 

There are the convention way of drilling the fairing to mount directly to the engine frame which is about $60-70, or you can purchased the off-set sliders from Shogun ($65), Champ sliders (ard $usd 100 from ZX10R) or Muzzy sliders ($280-300) from the internet or from Motovation.

 

Pm me your contacts if you want some more opinion.

 

Cheers :cheeky:

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by speedtriple@Jan 21 2005, 01:22 AM

you did not experience strained wrists and aching back? can share any nitpicks on the 10R for long distance trips?

You need to keep the speed up until the wind pushes at your upper body.

Then it will take the load off the wrist.

Wear a kidney belt, it helps.

Riding gear should have a good fit.

Day or 2 before the ride,have a good rest and drink lots of water.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound advice :thumb: I didn't really expect the 10R to go that far initially too. Good on you. :cheer: You strap your barang barang on the bike too? Any comments on the windshield? Is it large enough ta cope with the wind blast?

Sandman

http://www.suzukacircuit.com/race/cocacola8/images/cocacola8.jpg

"...Say your Prayers Little Ones..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Sandman@Jan 26 2005, 12:10 PM

Sound advice :thumb: I didn't really expect the 10R to go that far initially too. Good on you. :cheer: You strap your barang barang on the bike too? Any comments on the windshield? Is it large enough ta cope with the wind blast?

Strapped the barang barang on the pillion seat/pad.

Tried a tank bag but anything faster than 170km/hr and

you begin to fight with the wind.

I do have a zero gravity double bubble.

BTW I dropped 1 tooth off the front sprocket,

so the speed on the speedo may vary.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

I just remove my honeycomb catylster & I can feel that the bike runs a little easier (acceralation) & also much cooler. Sound seems just a little bit louder but I can't really hear it. Done my mod at Seng Kwang price is about $80-100 depending if you know him.

 

I'm still maintaining the butterfly valve to balance the mid range.

 

Will update you guys again. :smile:

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by aqualung@Jan 26 2005, 04:44 PM

Strapped the barang barang on the pillion seat/pad.

Tried a tank bag but anything faster than 170km/hr and

you begin to fight with the wind.

I do have a zero gravity double bubble.

BTW I dropped 1 tooth off the front sprocket,

so the speed on the speedo may vary.

have read a RIDE mag and the tester also took a zx10r for a long distance trip in UK with other bikes. the bike surprised him to be quite comfy for long distance. i also see him strap his stuff on the tail instead of a tankbag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Alex31@Jan 27 2005, 05:03 PM

Hi guys,

 

I just remove my honeycomb catylster & I can feel that the bike runs a little easier (acceralation) & also much cooler. Sound seems just a little bit louder but I can't really hear it. Done my mod at Seng Kwang price is about $80-100 depending if you know him.

 

I'm still maintaining the butterfly valve to balance the mid range.

 

Will update you guys again. :smile:

Do u get pop pop sound when u engine brake now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...