SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki ZX10R Technicial Issue!

Alex31

Yeah, your speedo will be off. It may show 299 but actual speed around 280. Equipment-X has a speedo recalibrator to correct speedometer error. You might want to consider getting. Its call yellow box. Very useful item.Basically what I know the box does is take the signal and increase or decrease the frequency of the pulses. The Hall effect sensor sends out a low voltage pulse (like turning a switch on) every time a metalic object passes in front of it.... in this case the teeth of the sprocket. The valleys between the teeth send no signal. The length of time between the pulses is measured and compared against the known distance that the bike travels for each revolution of the sprocket. I feel that when you are playing around with gearing this is a must have item to me. I have it on my bike. Its doing good.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/quincy77/MONSTERENERGY.jpg

It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try 1 down infront, cheaper. If you find the power delivery good then keep it this way. If the bike becomes very hard to ride then revert to stock gearing infront but back increase 1 tooth. Should work fine.

Originally posted by Cybernation@April 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Yeah, your speedo will be off. It may show 299 but actual speed around 280. Equipment-X has a speedo recalibrator to correct speedometer error. You might want to consider getting. Its call yellow box. Very useful item.Basically what I know the box does is take the signal and increase or decrease the frequency of the pulses. The Hall effect sensor sends out a low voltage pulse (like turning a switch on) every time a metalic object passes in front of it.... in this case the teeth of the sprocket. The valleys between the teeth send no signal. The length of time between the pulses is measured and compared against the known distance that the bike travels for each revolution of the sprocket. I feel that when you are playing around with gearing this is a must have item to me. I have it on my bike. Its doing good.

woa! so high tech!

i can sense the disturbance still in force. alex is still pimpin'

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Originally posted by Cybernation@April 21, 2007 12:44 pm

Try 1 down infront, cheaper. If you find the power delivery good then keep it this way. If the bike becomes very hard to ride then revert to stock gearing infront but back increase 1 tooth. Should work fine.

Initially i was thinkin + 1 or 2 rear bcoz i think i've tried a -1 front when i juz got my bike. Doesn't really suit my riding style. Any idea how much does the speedo healer cost now?

Let The Good Times Roll

Originally posted by VoLcAnO@April 21, 2007 02:51 pm

Initially i was thinkin + 1 or 2 rear bcoz i think i've tried a -1 front when i juz got my bike. Doesn't really suit my riding style. Any idea how much does the speedo healer cost now?

Around 200 sing.

any bro noe where or which brand of headlight protectors u guys normally use??

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Originally posted by suix@April 24, 2007 01:06 pm

Anyone interested in getting engine armour and frame protector? I'm gonna ask for quote.

Yessssssssssssss. Meeeeeeeeeeee. And Luanne might be interested as well.

Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Originally posted by VoLcAnO@April 21, 2007 02:51 pm

+2 at the rear is wat i'm using. the pick up is very shiok and initially when i tried it the grin on my face got bigger and bigger the longer i rode. but beware it will be wheelie prone. u might want to drop 5mm from ur fork to counter it. all worth it though

I like it because it gives me confidence, it'll let me challenge myself....

everytime iI ride on it, and discovers the wind is in front of me, I throttle, it'll let me race with the wind.......

I lay low, to reduce wind drag, keep racing forward.....

in the end I won against the wind.....

Originally posted by zhybrid@April 25, 2007 11:20 am

+2 at the rear is wat i'm using. the pick up is very shiok and initially when i tried it the grin on my face got bigger and bigger the longer i rode. but beware it will be wheelie prone. u might want to drop 5mm from ur fork to counter it. all worth it though

So yours is a 40T rear now? Wad brand r u using and the price??

Let The Good Times Roll

Originally posted by VoLcAnO@April 25, 2007 01:44 pm

So yours is a 40T rear now? Wad brand r u using and the price??

i think it's 41. our stock is 39. i used renthal becos afam no stock. i prefer afam becos it's stronger but the one i'm using seem to be pretty good too. i think it's about 90 dollars if i remember correctly. anyway i got it before my wedding so it's been months.

I like it because it gives me confidence, it'll let me challenge myself....

everytime iI ride on it, and discovers the wind is in front of me, I throttle, it'll let me race with the wind.......

I lay low, to reduce wind drag, keep racing forward.....

in the end I won against the wind.....

Originally posted by zhybrid@April 26, 2007 10:54 am

i think it's 41. our stock is 39. i used renthal becos afam no stock. i prefer afam becos it's stronger but the one i'm using seem to be pretty good too. i think it's about 90 dollars if i remember correctly. anyway i got it before my wedding so it's been months.

sorry.. math fail.. did you do the 520 conversion too??

Let The Good Times Roll

520 conversion is one of the upgrades or downgrade for a matter of fact ... that "motor siao" will do to enhance performance ... reading the overseas forums ... one factor that will be improved on will be the weight ... also some "scientist" say that due to the decrease in weight ... the rotational mass also decrease ... and in order to balance the equation ... there shud be an increase in acceleration .... however being 520 size ... the strength might be a compromise for our 100+++++bhp machines ... also the light weight aluminium sprockets are never known to last as long as their steel counter parts ... although the solution is using the stealth sprocket .... a combination of steel teeth with aluminium centre sprockets ... but the equation will again upset the balance inside the riders pockets ... :faint:

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/Images/prod_center/kawasaki_cen_200_81110.jpg

Courtesy of Boys Stuff UK