SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki ZX10R Technicial Issue!

Alex31

Dear all,

I starting this new thread to address the issues, problems, information, points, modification to our Ninja 10R. The other reason is also to give some information to the person who is interested in getting the 10R.

I hope the person who is posting, please keep your question & answer relevant to the topic & not too much unwanted information.

The first & foremost issue is the "Front Wheel Recall" which affects the first few batches of the ZX10R coming to Singapore. My shipment is also delayed due to the recall. From the infor that I have gather, there are 3 cases with Front Wheel crack or damaged due to the forming of the process which some air bubble trapped in the rim.

By now, all of you should have got the front wheel replace by the Agent.

I will update you guys soon, please feel free to share/ask or answer questions.

Alex31

:goodluck:

http://www.bikeland.org/images/articles/2006-ZX10R/0610R02.jpg

2006 ZX10R

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Akrapovic55@Dec 8 2004, 02:59 PM

How is the stabilty of zx10 when it reach 280km/hr and above??Anyone can comment on this??

Cos i heard it not that stable.

Planing to get one ,if permit.hehe.

or might be getting the R1.

i believe all the 1000cc bike will NOT have the full stability if the speed is too high.but there is other alternative to make it stable eg. steering tamper, suspension adjustments

:hungry: for speed

:thumb:

Originally posted by Akrapovic55@Dec 8 2004, 02:59 PM

How is the stabilty of zx10 when it reach 280km/hr and above??Anyone can comment on this??

Cos i heard it not that stable.

Planing to get one ,if permit.hehe.

or might be getting the R1.

Hi Akr,

I believe no litre bike will be as stable as the hypersports bike b/c of the weight & they are design for high speed & not really for cornering.

Like what Joe said, a damper will helps the bike to hold it better. But this also depends if the road is flat enough, how you position your weight & movement, suspensions & etc.

I have seen a mpeg showing a guy riding a 10r with his camcorder doing 299 km/h & constant speed about 200 km/h and his camera did not shake much. Can you consider that as stable? Will try to find again.

I do agree under hard acceleration, the handle do shake a little but it is manageable to me at least. Do not presume that is a tank slapper. I haven't gone into that speed but I have confidence on this bike. Remember one thing, Kawasaki is a strong horsepower machine, according to someone. Please do not group that kind of thinking with Honda b/c it is stable.

Each to it own.

The design of the chasis makes ZX10r very flickable & stable on the corner.

Please see how many magazine that has sang praise of this bike.

Btw, I know that you are a frequent member of the R1 section so I guess I need not eleborate more in details.

Nice try. :thumb:

Alex

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by Fatgrunt@Dec 8 2004, 04:58 PM

:cry: :cry: 20 year old rider on a 04 zx10r... how to tahan :cry: :cry:

:offtopic:

Hi Fat,

Please keep this thread clean as possible.

Thanks

On a side note, I have seen a young guy driving a porsche even before he can start to earn money. What is the moral of this? Lucky ba%#$D

I believe if your dream to own a bike that you wanted is not impossible. Depends whether you want to put that as a priority on the spend list. Most of us has things to own & you have to ask yourself! I know a guy who earn less than $2000 but he got all the accessories on his bike b/c he only loves his hobby. [Track days]

Alex

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by Andy@Dec 8 2004, 05:35 PM

i got the service manual in pdf, 100+ mb. anyone wants?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the input. I also happen to have the service manual but do not know how to upload this. Pls advise or maybe you can provide this service.

Thank you

Alex

:cheer:

Edited by Aie

2006 ZX10R

The first mod that I have done is the frame sliders. I have to chose between the offset ones which cost ard $300 or go with the drill-in type that is cheap & more coverage to the faring.

In the end, after discussing with the local & oversea counterpart that makes sliders. I chose the drill-in type. Cost ard $70 & it is from Motovation.

Here's the pics:

2006 ZX10R

This is first my first impression on the bike after I collected it 2 months ago & posted on the other forum.

Without riding for 2 years, I collected my bike on 1st of Oct & was accompany home by my 2 friends on a ninja 9 & also Kwakzx10r on this forum. I was glad I have such friends.

I must said that this bike makes a lot of noise & I just ignore it because this is what KHI is all about, but I have heard worse than this bike which is the old & mighty ZX1100. Although I am still running in, I could feel the power pulling strongly after 4k rpm & I believe after the first old change I will be able to comment more. I had tried cornering a bit more but the feeling I had on this bike was very tall, like sitting on the boat. I do not feel confident on this bike, perhaps it was b/c I was out of action for too long. After 2 weeks of riding it, I feel much more planted when cornering & this bike is what you guys had said, flickerable. I love the stock sound of this exhaust & guess I will stick with the servo & baffle. Perhaps with a bit of extra cash, I would like to get a Sato slip-on. Getting a full system is too much for me & I know there are little chances of using them on the street. I used this bike for work & keeping everything in stock do save me some hassle with the cops. But I did remove the stock fenders (Look sh*t to me) & replace it with a custom make bracket by my mechanic.

Brakes are good but I didn't push hard yet & I like the cluster. I just need to get used to it. I have installed the drill-in sliders, spools sliders & a self-made radiator guard. The next thing I would like to get is the headlight protector. I had already got a scratch on the headlight... WTF. The mirrors are f&*King hard to adjust & I given up doing it, I just tuck-in my elbow whenever I need to look behind. I had problems with the tail cover b/c the 2 rubber that sits on the rear light is too high & the Velcro will pop out when I ride. I am going to trim those rubbers tomorrow. So far the temp only reaches 80 degree during cruising & around 90-100 when moving slowly in the traffic. I do feel very hot under the seat but not too bad. I guess the only complaint is the first gear, felt a little weak to me due to the gear ratio that was supposed for the track. Change the front sp -1 & +2 on the rear will make it more driveable. I believe the slip-on & a pc III maybe able to increase the torque on the low end.

The current impression:

From 0 to 200 km/h, it just come in a few second without having to wait for the power band to kick in. The bike pull very strongly from the start & there is little room for error given that kind of horsepower. I am getting used to bike day by day & I have no issue with the cornering now as from my first post.

All I can comment is that both R1 & 10R is good but it depends whether the rider himself. A lot of people have the problems choosing between this two but you won't regret your decision with either one. Like my friend say, Kawasaki is a cult bike, Like it or hate it.

A lot of ppl have the mindset that Kawa spare parts is hard to get & expensive. I don't deny that, but with the online ordering & ebay, there is no issue at all.

The only issue I had with this bike is there is a sensor to cut off the engine if your bike drop or skidded according to the manual. When I wash the bike for the first few times, it trigger the sensor & couldn't start. (The FI lights up) You have to turn off the ignition & the cut-off switch. The correct procedure is to turn on the ignition first & then turn on the cut-off switch to eliminate the FI alarm. I learn through the hard way by going to the agent & they couldn't detected the problems. My mech advised me that there is too much sensor on this bike so try not to wash too thoroughly. :smile:

Hope I have answered your question & all above is my own opinion.

Alex

2006 ZX10R

Collected my bike 5 monthe ago and this is my 1st Kawa. The first thing that strike me was that the brakes could have been better. You need to squeeze the brake lever real hard and then you'll feel that the brakes are biting. So the first thing that I did was to change the brake lines. It is better now and I guess the next mod could be a radial master pump. And also while riding around city,the temperature tends to build up easily and the frame gets too hot for you to grip the tank comfortably. Have removed the honeycomb in the exhaust and also disabled the servo. Not much difference in exhaust note,but bike runs cooler.

aqualung:thumb:

Alex, thanks for ur inputs.

So wangwang how?

Which bike u prefer?

i think other than my bike, the other 3 suits u more in ur favourite area.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~

:btw: Alex, tasted track with ur bike b4?

Any more reviews?

Cheers.

Originally posted by Alex31@Dec 9 2004, 12:05 AM

Hi Akr,

I believe no litre bike will be as stable as the hypersports bike b/c of the weight & they are design for high speed & not really for cornering.

Like what Joe said, a damper will helps the bike to hold it better. But this also depends if the road is flat enough, how you position your weight & movement, suspensions & etc.

I have seen a mpeg showing a guy riding a 10r with his camcorder doing 299 km/h & constant speed about 200 km/h and his camera did not shake much. Can you consider that as stable? Will try to find again.

I do agree under hard acceleration, the handle do shake a little but it is manageable to me at least. Do not presume that is a tank slapper. I haven't gone into that speed but I have confidence on this bike. Remember one thing, Kawasaki is a strong horsepower machine, according to someone. Please do not group that kind of thinking with Honda b/c it is stable.

Each to it own.

The design of the chasis makes ZX10r very flickable & stable on the corner.

Please see how many magazine that has sang praise of this bike.

Btw, I know that you are a frequent member of the R1 section so I guess I need not eleborate more in details.

Nice try. :thumb:

Alex

Thank you so much ,now it time for mi to chose.or shall i stay on with this bike???

haizzz.to many bike to chose laio...... :confused:

Hi Akr

If money is not an issue & you are not worry about the lost of market value for 929, I recommend you to get it change. This year's Litre Shootout is so different from the older generation b/c they are competing each other on the same class. Be it suz, kaw, yam or Hon, you won't reget. Each of them have their advantages but try not to get the Honda as you already had it before.

Just my 0.31 cents :smile:

Alex

2006 ZX10R

Originally posted by Alex31@Dec 10 2004, 09:49 AM

Hi Akr

If money is not an issue & you are not worry about the lost of market value for 929, I recommend you to get it change. This year's Litre Shootout is so different from the older generation b/c they are competing each other on the same class. Be it suz, kaw, yam or Hon, you won't reget. Each of them have their advantages but try not to get the Honda as you already had it before.

Just my 0.31 cents :smile:

Alex

How much you pay for your 10 O.T.R??

And from which bike shop???

Originally posted by Akrapovic55@Dec 10 2004, 09:40 AM

Thank you so much ,now it time for mi to chose.or shall i stay on with this bike???

haizzz.to many bike to chose laio...... :confused:

king wheelie , get a suzuki . :cheeky:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Originally posted by Akrapovic55@Dec 11 2004, 12:01 PM

you talking who ??????????

i think i will consider only zx10 ba,cos k5 not nice with that special exhaust.

ZX10 good. Short wheelbase, better torque than R1. Should fit ppl like you who always see sky one. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Originally posted by DeusExMachina@Dec 11 2004, 12:50 PM

ZX10 good. Short wheelbase, better torque than R1. Should fit ppl like you who always see sky one. :p

Bro,pls lah, i where got alway see sky,you also alway see sky wat...

I make up my mind.no change bike till 05 Aug.wait for 06 model...

Originally posted by DeusExMachina@Dec 11 2004, 12:50 PM

i oso alway c sky when riding bike , but the sky always move very fast n i m lying on my back sliding across the rd . :cheeky:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg