SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Eh who going there today can do me a favour?

Basically my bike right now has a fake carb. I changed it out years ago. But now, carb needs maintenance and cleaning. What i want to do is to change back to the original carb. I have the original carb with me.

However, the original float bowl gasket needs to be replaced. Also, the original main jet and the float assembly is in my fake carb right now.

Long story short, can anyone of you help me ask how much Planet charge for

1) Replacing the original float bowl gasket

2) Cleaning the carb

3) Putting back the original main jet and float assembly from the current fake carb to my original carb

4) Switch the fake carb currently on my bike to the newly cleaned original carb

Can PM me the price quoted? Thanks guys!

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eh who going there today can do me a favour?

Basically my bike right now has a fake carb. I changed it out years ago. But now, carb needs maintenance and cleaning. What i want to do is to change back to the original carb. I have the original carb with me.

However, the original float bowl gasket needs to be replaced. Also, the original main jet and the float assembly is in my fake carb right now.

Long story short, can anyone of you help me ask how much Planet charge for

1) Replacing the original float bowl gasket

2) Cleaning the carb

3) Putting back the original main jet and float assembly from the current fake carb to my original carb

4) Switch the fake carb currently on my bike to the newly cleaned original carb

Can PM me the price quoted? Thanks guys!

U left out the most important thing, ur bike model.

U can call ahchong at 6747 4740 but he will most likely kan u and ask u bring bike down let him see :p

CBR150 rider 01/06/2012 - 28/08/13

Pulsar DTS 180 28/08/13 - 25/7/2014

CB400 Ver S 19/7/14 - present

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

108th Time at Planet!

Date: 29/09/2014

Time: 03:20pm

Weather: Hot

Mood: I miss my Planet! :cry:

Back to my lovely Planet. It’s been a long time since I came here and the meter was already 21 km over the recommended 2,000km for an oil change.

While there were relatively few customers at Planet, it still took quite a while before it was my turn to get Ebony (my Phantom) serviced. Maybe they are in no rush since there wasn’t a long queue. Of course it could also be because by relatively few customers it still meant that the bikes waiting to be serviced were still lined up until the slope but not until the main road. :lol:

When it was my turn, I told the China Mech to change the engine oil, replace the relay that controls the brake light at the front hand brake and get the 2 bolts off the chrome cover securing the tank to the chassis. It was stuck the last time I came to Planet and Ah Chong said to empty all the fuel out of the tank before coming back and he will weld a nut to the jammed bolt and wrench it out. Being a good and honest chap, I emptied my fuel tank into an empty bottle when I was lining up on the slope. But the China Mech said no need to empty one, because he is not going to weld anything to the stuck bolts. :slapforehead:

Then I remembered that because the chrome cover was stuck, I didn’t get to change the meter light and told the mech to change the meter light as well.

When the mech opened up the wire to the relay, the wire disintegrated, it really flaked off, both the insulation and the copper wire itself. I recognized it as the white lousy cheapo wire used by the Malaysian Mech at Hoe Heng Motors at Ah Gua Lane. He also took the easy way out and left the wire conduit hanging outside expose and the wires get wear and tear each time the handle bars are turned. Hmmm!!!! :angry: That will be the last time I go to that shop!

The China Mech had to re-slice the wires and trouble shoot the fault line, so I took a walk around outside.

While waiting, Ah Chong told an Indian S4 rider that the filter he sells for the S4 will not leak, the no brand one will leak. When the Indian guy ask if confirm will not leak or not, Ah Chong told him if got leak he will go and sue Guan Hoe (Honda parts distributor) for selling fake goods! :lol:

As I walked around, I spotted a Black Phantom with a small clear plastic tube attached to the side. Being Kay Poh, I went up to take a closer look. Inside the clear plastic tube was a piece of blue paper which turns out to be the season parking ticket!!!! :lol:

Not a bad idea and might be a good idea to find out where to get one. So I stick around to see if the owner comes back. Sure enough, a young chap came around and I asked him about the tube and we had a good chat.

When my bike was done, I restart the bike and some smoke was coming out of the exhaust. A bit worrying, but might be because of bad fuel.

It was getting busy at Planet so since Ah Chong was preoccupied, I ask him if he was free to collect money. :angel: He cheekily replied off hand that he where got free?!? :lol: Of course being even more cheekily I said, not free then no need to collect payment for the servicing lor! Hahaha!!! :lol: To my surpise this old rascal said “Don’t pay don’t pay lor!” Na Bei really cannot beat this old rascal in his cold jokes.

Paid for the engine oil, light bulb and relay. Total bill $35.

P.S: Ah Chong had a plaster on the inside of his elbow, I wonder what that was for, did he go to a blood donation? Or was he warded to a hospital and put on a drip? :confused:

I sure hope it’s the former. :pray:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to planet motors for the first time today since another recommended shop wasn't keen to do my business.

Glad to say I'll be their regular customer now.

Shops is like any other shops but with good advice given from the old uncle. Not out to earn your money, will only change if needed.

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Went to planet motors for the first time today since another recommended shop wasn't keen to do my business.

Glad to say I'll be their regular customer now.

Shops is like any other shops but with good advice given from the old uncle. Not out to earn your money, will only change if needed.

Ya haha u want change he will scold u if u are their regular.

Other mech too, but not the prc one

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

• 3 weeks later...
Morning people! Can I ask if planet only still opens from 9 - 6 pm? Thinking of dropping my bike off this evening after work for some major stuff.

Advisable that you give ah chong a ring. Sometimes he stays back a bit to work on bikes when there's lots to clear. Might be able to receive bike but not diagnose or work on it.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

Morning people! Can I ask if planet only still opens from 9 - 6 pm? Thinking of dropping my bike off this evening after work for some major stuff.

10 or 1030 starts, sometimes close at 8(after pushing all the bikes in)

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

• 1 month later...
Anyone been there lately...

passed by the other day and dun see many 2nd hand 2B bikes for sale

called up n they ask me go down to see....

And they are not specialized in e sales of mcycles.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Anyone been there lately...

passed by the other day and dun see many 2nd hand 2B bikes for sale

called up n they ask me go down to see....

was there today. don't recall seeing many 2b bikes. but the shop really ups, confirm if got good deal will get. just pop by and see. asphoon and other bike shops also nearby anyway. maybe ah chong can recommend for you some more. haha

• 4 weeks later...

Ah Chong still the best!

PML didn't want to fabricate a small bracket for me to lower my exhaust cos they claimed that Arrow exhaust is not OEM, fxxk sia.

Get Ah Chong to help and paid him $15.

Free talk cock session as usual.

Best bikeshop in Singapore, but too bad he dare not to service BMW bike.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

Ah Chong still the best!

PML didn't want to fabricate a small bracket for me to lower my exhaust cos they claimed that Arrow exhaust is not OEM, fxxk sia.

Get Ah Chong to help and paid him $15.

Free talk cock session as usual.

Best bikeshop in Singapore, but too bad he dare not to service BMW bike.

another option is seng kwang at amk.

quality workmanship

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Bro, can sic address? I stay amk oso

Address: AMK Autopoint #05-31, 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2a (S)568047, 568047

Phone:6481 9580

from google

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Seng Kwang's workmanship is good, but expensive.

You won't get the small bracket done for $15 for sure.

And, please note that they are not motor workshop, but rather metal working workshop.

Go there only if you need customize some S/S stuffs.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.