SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Oh, he's still around? Good good !

Was worried he's no longer around because the posts about them were dated as old as 2005+

Do they have a catalogue of pricelist? I just took over a secondhand bike and I wish to do a "health checkup" for the bike. Is there a term for it, full servicing?

Btw, are all mechs good or just ah chong? I've seen alot of times where ah chong's name was mentioned. What about the other mechs? Are they on par? Is ah chong the boss there?

Just go down and look for "Ah Chong".. Say in English/Hokkien/Chinese/Malay - Can you check my bike for me since I just brought it and want to see if there's anything wrong or not.

He will ask you to wait.. (Max waiting time - 15min to let him ride your bike, see see look look)

And he will advise you after he ride finish. Lastly, he will always say, nothing wrong unless really something wrong.. LOL.

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just go down and look for "Ah Chong".. Say in English/Hokkien/Chinese/Malay - Can you check my bike for me since I just brought it and want to see if there's anything wrong or not.

He will ask you to wait.. (Max waiting time - 15min to let him ride your bike, see see look look)

And he will advise you after he ride finish. Lastly, he will always say, nothing wrong unless really something wrong.. LOL.

Alright thanks alot. Whats a good time to visit if i wish to avoid long waits?

• 2 weeks later...
Alright thanks alot. Whats a good time to visit if i wish to avoid long waits?

Yes, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or call 67474740 before going down.

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

Alright. Thanks alot adesmond. Will head down when I can find the time to.

No worries.. :)

:thumb:

Oh btw, are there any shops with the catalogue displayed on the internet? I need it to compare the prices to know if i'm being chopped. So far my searches has yield pretty much to nothing. Thanks in advance !

Date: Since Feb 2008

Shop Name: Planet Motors

Address:3007 Ubi Rd 1

#01-430 Singapore 408701

Tel : 67474740

Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm

Not So Busy period: 9am to 10am every mon to wed.

Peak Period: Mostly Thurs, Fri and Sat.

All types of bikes

-(2001-2008 R1)

-(Bandit400)

-(RVF)

-(GSXR400,600,750,1000 K5-K8)

-(S4 Ver S,Spec I,II,III)

-(CBR900RRV,929)

-(SP)

-(CBR400,600,1000)

-Kup Kias

=====================================================

Reply being posted frm one of the members,shiraz

What service/product did you purchase? : front brake pump or something spoilt, went to 3 bike shops and yamaha agent, all could not find any problem! but ah chong press my front brake lever he know already!

Level of service: 10

Level of knowledge: 9

Level of value for money: 10

How happy are you overall: 20!

What makes this shop commendable?

ok my front brake had some problems when i got the bike... went to the shop i got it from, they ask me to raise my handlebar because the angle of the wire cannot pump brake fluid! stock dragstar handle cannot pump brake fluid properly la very good... ok nvm... went to 2 other shops all said it's normal.. then nvm, went to agent for a full service + grease shaft.. agent said it's normal as well and that got no problem..

so i made the trip down to planet one fine day and asked ah chong(boss) what was wrong? he said.. bleed the brake can already.. if cannot u come back have to check the pump. so i said ok la..

he changed the brake fluid and there was actually water in the reservoir(dunno how it got there!)

after changing the fluid, the problem was still there but very very very slight.. but im a sucker for perfection la so i went back there 2 days later and told him still got problem then he said muz change the rubber or something la i forgot.. around $30+... BUT he had to order it so asked me to come tmr.. and i asked him where is a goot place to make a rear number plate... so he recommended the shop at the corner.. and i got my number plate made... silver wording on black acrylic back then i thought i wanted to ask ah chong to fix la coz scared later i damage the plate ah heart pain..

so i went back the next day (i live at jurong BTW) got the thing fixed, and he showed me that it was leaking and there was brake fluid all inside my lever the compartment there.. the mech cleaned it up and changed the rubber thingy..

and i asked to fix my rear plate also la.. drilled 2 holes and all.. so i went to pay... then this is what ah chong said... "u punya $38 campur lobang ah.. $4 satu lobang, $2 dua lobang.. betol???" (translation = yours ah $38 plus holes ah, $4 one hole, $2 two holes, correct???") i was like HUH.. damn blur for awhile then i started laughing already..

very very reliable shop!

AH CHONG

:sweat:Ups for the info :)

http://www.animatedgif.net/flags/-flags-uncat/singapore_gs_e0.gifYamalaya Selamanyahttp://www.animatedgif.net/flags/-flags-uncat/japan_gs_e0.gif

91'ahamaY zxR 331Cc **819*

2011'SX 1000Z ikasawaK *819*

u punya $38 campur lobang ah.. $4 satu lobang, $2 dua lobang.. betol???" (translation = yours ah $38 plus holes ah, $4 one hole, $2 two holes, correct???") i was like HUH.. damn blur for awhile then i started laughing already..

What does it mean?

• 3 months later...

123rd Time at Planet.

Date: 24/06/2019

Time: 10:50am

Weather: Fair

Mood: I love my Planet!

Went to Planet to fix my headlamp which can not only on High Beam and get an oil change at the same time.

When I was at Planet, there were already a few customers around. When Ah Chong gotten around to check on the light, it turns out the bulb was working fine, it’s the socket that had a wire detached and had to be opened to solder back. Ah Chong searched the workshop, but there was no stock, not even 2nd hand ones from scrapped bikes. :(

So it’s just an oil change, then I remembered my meter lights that have not been working since last year and got them replaced. Total was only $20, but that gives me a good reason to come back to Planet when the stock for the headlight arrives. :clap:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

124th Time at Planet

Date: 21/08/2019

Time: 04:10pm

Weather: Fine

Went back to Planet to get my headlight socket. :grin: but now my tail light is not working too. :cheeky: Fortunately I don’t ride at night and the brake lights still works. When I was there, Ah Chong can still remember that my bike is the one that needs the socket replaced. It was a day for Phantoms. There was another Black clean look Phantom being wheeled out when I got there and another one that needs it's wiring replaced and another Phantom rolled in after I got there.

When Ah Chong tried to open my headlight cover, he couldn’t find the allen key :lol: So I opened it with my own Allen key. Then ….. …. Ah Chong handed me a screw driver and told me to open the taillight cover too! :lol:

After Ah Chong replaced the socket, the headlight still doesn’t work. And Ah Chong said “What the F##K?” :lol: Then he opened the wire array and found the yellow wire broken and went :What the F##K?!” again. :lol: Then he saw that the grounding was loosen and went :What the F##K?!?!” again. :lol: After a few more rounds of “What the F##K?!” He managed to get everything fixed.

When he checked the taillight, he went scratching his head looking for the wire under the fenders and not finding any. He forgotten that he jerry rig me a wire last year and it was hidden under the seat. :lol: So I took the seat off and Ah Chong laughed and said “What the F##K! This one came out.” And plugged in a socket and a joint to reconnect the taillight wires and everything was cleared.

I also bought a set of bulbs from Ah Chong. These saved my a trip the last time round when my bulb blew on a late Saturday afternoon some months back.

Left Planet satisfied. Now can go for inspect already. :smile:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

124th Time at Planet

Went back to Planet to get my headlight socket. :grin: but now my tail light is not working too. :cheeky: Fortunately I don’t ride at night and the brake lights still works. When I was there, Ah Chong can still remember that my bike is the one that needs the socket replaced. It was a day for Phantoms. There was another Black clean look Phantom being wheeled out when I got there and another one that needs it's wiring replaced and another Phantom rolled in after I got there.

When Ah Chong tried to open my headlight cover, he couldn’t find the allen key :lol: So I opened it with my own Allen key. Then ….. …. Ah Chong handed me a screw driver and told me to open the taillight cover too! :lol:

After Ah Chong replaced the socket, the headlight still doesn’t work. And Ah Chong said “What the F##K?” :lol: Then he opened the wire array and found the yellow wire broken and went :What the F##K?!” again. :lol: Then he saw that the grounding was loosen and went :What the F##K?!?!” again. :lol: After a few more rounds of “What the F##K?!” He managed to get everything fixed.

When he checked the taillight, he went scratching his head looking for the wire under the fenders and not finding any. He forgotten that he jerry rig me a wire last year and it was hidden under the seat. :lol: So I took the seat off and Ah Chong laughed and said “What the F##K! This one came out.” And plugged in a socket and a joint to reconnect the taillight wires and everything was cleared.

I also bought a set of bulbs from Ah Chong. These saved my a trip the last time round when my bulb blew on a late Saturday afternoon some months back.

good luck on the inspection. reminds me of an article i read a few days ago. gurmit singh riding a phantom. he should give you a call

• 1 month later...
124th Time at Planet

Hello bro.. you still updating sia.. :cheer::cheer:

• 1 month later...
124th Time at Planet

Havent logged in quite long time and silent hunter is still active.

Cheers bro, keep it up.:clapping:

http://i.imgur.com/qDqVHNR.png

• 2 months later...

where's silent hunter? no updates already ah?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/1/2020 at 1:23 AM, sm0k1 said:

does anyone know if planet motor does TW200?

yes planet motor is my go to workshop also.. seen tw200 there many times. not much electronic so should be a simple job for them. what r u looking to do? normal servicing or big repair? i was riding tw200 before my drz too

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2020 at 3:22 PM, TwoStroke said:

Does any one knows if Planet will do servicing for XTM 200?

CKA is not far away but I live very near ubi

as long it's not scooter or auto gear, they will do.. looks like scrambler.. so should be ok..

On 11/1/2020 at 1:23 AM, sm0k1 said:

does anyone know if planet motor does TW200?

TW200 I believe ok ba.. just dun ask them do your wiring.. cuz they are not 100% good with it.. I'll give them a 80%..