SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How many of ur bike really get serviced by ah chong ? I went there 10 times think onli 2 times he touch my bike. Mostly my bike was push to da wear spec wan or another skinny msia ( which is gd ) . I go so many time had yet to let patrick n ah chong service. Tok wif ah chong also about da service price... then joke joke abit.

"When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by kambing@Jul 26 2005, 01:10 PM

yeah..

nice bike..

super shiny..

hehe..

i was at planet to ask ah chong check my fiancee's krr..

before ah chong installed ur mirror..

he was riding my krr with his racing pokka dot helmet before he

installed ur mirrors..

is it that u ask for the cost is it

2001 - 2003 = Krr150

2003 - 2004 = Pb1 s4

2004 - 2005 = Srad 750k1

2005 - 2005 = X9 180

2005 - 2005 = Srad 750 k1

2005 - 2006 = S4 ver S

2006 - 2007 = Phamton 150

2008 - 2010 = Phamton 150

2010 - now = Kymco Grand Dink 250

2007 - now = Kia Cerato 1.6

an chong is a guy who is very good in troubleshooting. he is unlike other bike shops in order to earn money then suggest to change these change that and at the end the problem was still not solved.

he is very honest in doing bussiness and that earns a lot of appriase by fellow bikers.

:thumb: for planet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/kazuhikyo/combination1.jpg

The more I ride my SV, the less I care about going to the annual bike show and looking at new,

or expensive, or exotic machinery. I'm continuing to mod my bike into exactly what I want it,

and enjoying every mile I put on it.

Guest motofreak

Damn crowded today. Started off wif jus a few mechs, now he really needs more and upgrade the place man. Bigger shop. Hahahahah. Old chee ko pek. Nice one...

Originally posted by bike siao@Jul 26 2005, 09:56 PM

nobody is rite or wrong here... those ppl who have been 2 ah cheong for a long time will agree with me....

i read all ur 4 posts and they are all for Ah Chong. he offended u issit?

Guest motofreak

Seemed like on a personal level but free to comment or voice ure opinions. Some might encounter the opposite so to each his own. From what i c abt 90%-95% good comments. Rest is just minor remarks abt slow service, too crowded, long waiting time. Ever tot of coming back later time? Too crowded means their service has been good but u may say workmanship level drop a bit as they hurry to fix other bike. So come back when its less crowded lah lest u have emergency and need it to be done fast, go to other shop to do the servicing/maintenane and c if they give better service even thou its less crowded. Just my 2 cents a well. Price is usually market price, sometimes up sometimes down. All depends on availability of the parts.

ya his price is not the cheapest, but at least u wont kena carrot or he tell u to change unneceessary parts

i m not rich guy so usually i get his quote then i counter check wif the wholesalers the price, if jus abit more n the labour cost is justified i let him earn

if not i get the parts and DIY, dun forget he is still a business man n he got this own sales target to earn

u cant expect any bikeshops to be ur daddy n everytime let u run off wif a profitless deal

got a few times cheong saw i change the parts myself n make noise lor, i m bery frank to him one, i tell him the wholesaler price and i tell him i did myself, of cos i also make noise back at his profit la, but i tell him frankly i didnt go other shop do, i also tell him if u wan me to let u do everything tell SAF to raise my allowance 10 times i everytime will let him do lor, after tat usually he is ok la

but of cos some small stuff like levers and chain all those things, give n take

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r239/utopian355/ABCD0006-smallcopy.jpg

wad r the things u recommend for new customers like me to do there? and wad not to do?

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3593/e0fs0995lj4.jpg

Burn Rubber & UR Soul

jun 04 - mar 05------>Yamaha Wr200 FQ3550Z

jun 05 - sept 06------>Honda RVF 399cc NC35 FP 658 Y

sept 06 - may 08------>Yamaha R6 600cc '06 FBA8609M

may 08 - dec 08 ----------> Honda CBR600RR '08 & Honda Wave I

Guest motofreak

If u wan servicing or mainly troubleshooting, thats the best place to be. Wat not to do is to bring parts from ah boy and go there tell him fix for u or worst use their tools to fix it yaself.

Tt's right, Ah Chong's motto: if it ain't broke, don't fix it; sama sama some M'sian motordiams. S'pore needs more honest guys like Ah Chong.

Actually, I quite pity him, c him sometimes 'get bullied' by customers. Confession: I also sometimes bully him, like raising my voice lor. Sometimes, it's like tt 1 lah, when u need to dig deep into ur pocket, sure buay song (exasperated), so vent frustration @ him lor. He'll also vent frustration back @ u if he's familiar with u.

Nevertheless, if I were to bring my business to motordiam, I will opt 4 him.

Oh, btw, I'm not his employee, Ah Beng, ah. :lol:

First time going to Planet to troubleshoot some problems.

Due to the intermittent of my problem, the rattling sound was not able to reproduce on warm up engine.

But Ah Chong/Beng was quite accurate to diagnose it as worn tensioners based on my spoken experience. Replace them after putting my bike a day in the hospital.

Their customer service is much better than those more reputated bike shops which mainly service big bikes.

But quite scary to see them placing screws, nuts, bolts all over the place without a container. :cheeky:

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign7.jpghttp://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign8.jpg

Originally posted by none@Jul 30 2005, 11:23 AM

Due to the intermittent of my problem, the rattling sound was not able to reproduce on warm up engine.

But Ah Chong/Beng was quite accurate to diagnose it as worn tensioners based on my spoken experience. Replace them after putting my bike a day in the hospital.

Their customer service is much better than those more reputated bike shops which mainly service big bikes.

But quite scary to see them placing screws, nuts, bolts all over the place without a container. :cheeky:

oh!

that was your black VFR.

I was there yesterday morning. We tried listening to your engine with the airbox open. It was very difficult to replicate the sound you mentioned except for a loud clacking sound which Ah-Beng mentioned was your timing chain.

Damn nice bike. Black and simple.

Originally posted by WildCard@Jul 30 2005, 11:42 AM

oh!

that was your black VFR.

I was there yesterday morning. We tried listening to your engine with the airbox open. It was very difficult to replicate the sound you mentioned except for a loud clacking sound which Ah-Beng mentioned was your timing chain.

Damn nice bike. Black and simple.

Thanks, anyway I read about your case before deciding to try Planet. :smile:

Not a bad experience.

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign7.jpghttp://home.pacific.net.sg/~none/sign8.jpg

oh i saw yr bike too! when i go and collect my bike there

2001 - 2003 = Krr150

2003 - 2004 = Pb1 s4

2004 - 2005 = Srad 750k1

2005 - 2005 = X9 180

2005 - 2005 = Srad 750 k1

2005 - 2006 = S4 ver S

2006 - 2007 = Phamton 150

2008 - 2010 = Phamton 150

2010 - now = Kymco Grand Dink 250

2007 - now = Kia Cerato 1.6

Originally posted by robocop@Jul 30 2005, 07:19 AM

whats the address for Planet Motor??

ADDRESS:Blk 3007, Ubi Road 1, #01-430, S'pore 408701

OPERATING HOURS: 9am to 7pm ( Mon - Sat ) Closed on Sun and Public Holidays

TEL: 67474740

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

is ur bike FV plate? nice shiny pipes one?

ya i agree also..

2002 - 2003 Yahama Tzr 125 (FH1687Z)

2003 - 2005 Honda Sp 150 (FR9672K)

2005 - 2007 Honda Cbr FireBlade 400 (FN543E)

2007 - 2010 Suzuki Gsx-R K7 1000 (AU222D)

2010 - 2011 Honda Civic FD2 (S*******)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/honam24/Bikini%20Bike%20Wash/My%20Bike/IMG_2304copy.jpg

All the way across the board with no limitation

went down there yesterday, to get my horn fixed. the connectors were shooting sparks when the horn was sounded and it was giving a funny sound so i went to a shop in BB 1st as it was nearer to my place... they said the horn spoil, inside spoil have to buy new horn then they offer me their horn.. :nono:

then went to another shop near my place at jurong, they said the same thing, horn spoilt..

so i thought, ok travel abit go to planet, i stay at jurong west btw.. they just tightened the connection btwn the connectors and the sparks vanished and my horn sounded as good as new again! :thumb:

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?

Originally posted by shiraz@Aug 3 2005, 09:11 AM

went down there yesterday, to get my horn fixed. the connectors were shooting sparks when the horn was sounded and it was giving a funny sound so i went to a shop in BB 1st as it was nearer to my place... they said the horn spoil, inside spoil have to buy new horn then they offer me their horn.. :nono:

then went to another shop near my place at jurong, they said the same thing, horn spoilt..

so i thought, ok travel abit go to planet, i stay at jurong west btw.. they just tightened the connection btwn the connectors and the sparks vanished and my horn sounded as good as new again! :thumb:

they got charge u for tightening the connector or not

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r239/utopian355/ABCD0006-smallcopy.jpg

Originally posted by ah_tee@Aug 3 2005, 09:36 AM

they got charge u for tightening the connector or not

hmm i asked them to remove the side brackets for my sideboxes and tighten the connector for the horns.. $10.. :smile:

It's your damn bike, wash it yourself! You rinse your own mouth after you eat, don't you?