SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Tyres Related Issue

limkim

which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but u muz install urself ma

not cheap oso waste time

y dn u try calling thme see how much

no need to waste time

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

1989 - 2005 - Bus,Mrt,Taxi

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Jan07 - Feb11- CB400 Spec 1

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

hi bros... any recommendation for tyres for s4? and wat's the correct pressure for front and rear tyres? i pump 225 front 250 back still like nuah nuah one leh...

I miss my voom voom.....

Gonna hit the road back real soon with my dream "Xiao^Bai"..... :cool: heh heh.... hopefully....:)

but u muz install urself ma

not cheap oso waste time

y dn u try calling thme see how much

no need to waste time

just ask the mech to change when u change tyres lor,

dun think got any extra cost involved one.

if the mech want to chop u then is a different matter already..

if u heavy and pillion ppl its 250 frt and 290 rear, can read from the stock chain guard.

if i not that heavy and seldom pillion leh? bro, any brand of tyre to recommend?

I miss my voom voom.....

Gonna hit the road back real soon with my dream "Xiao^Bai"..... :cool: heh heh.... hopefully....:)

dunno leh, just try ard that range but lesser a bit? mebe air is leaking from ur tyres? do a physical check or use soap water to see any buubles form on ur tyres?

hmm, tyres to recommend ar? i myself am having difficulty choosing tyres,

to me best is to get grippy but long lasting tyres like sport tourer tyres.

sofar im have yet to choose from Battlax bt021, m3 , or the Pirelli Diablo that unique is having an offer on. does anyone know whether pirelli diablo tyres are long lasting?

i'm currently using 'Shinko', the Korean brand tyre and i feel it actually not bad... but maybe due to my xiao bai was a weekend bike till lately, my tyre gets harden up le ba.... Been using this tyre ever since i got my xiao bai which is gg to be one yrs old next mth so i think its oso time to change liao.. haha

I miss my voom voom.....

i'm currently using 'Shinko', the Korean brand tyre and i feel it actually not bad... but maybe due to my xiao bai was a weekend bike till lately, my tyre gets harden up le ba.... Been using this tyre ever since i got my xiao bai which is gg to be one yrs old next mth so i think its oso time to change liao.. haha

Don't risk riding on expired and hardened tyres. The $300 spent on a good new set of tyres can see you through thick and thin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

i using m3 now. Slippery during wet.

BT56 still my fav.

(2002 - 2003) Yamaha RX-Z (Blue)

(2003 - 2004) Honda Super Four Version R (Red)

(2004 - 2005) Honda Wave (Blue)

(2005 - 2006) Honda Super Four Spec 1 (Black)

(2006 - 2007) Hyundai Getz (Blue)

(2007 - 2008) Honda Super Four Spec 3 (Silver)

(2008 - 2009) Suzuki DRZ 400 SM (Yellow)

(2009 - 2019) Kia Picanto (Blue)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u87/wongyuanshun/Delta.jpg

just change to Pirelli HR at $240 at Unique Motorsport, quite good as I can say as last few days have been riding in the rain. Maybe it is quite new but manufacture in early 07. Hope my 0.002 cents worth help you.

Hello, are you there......

I'm using BT021...Nice set of tyres...very sticky and when the weather changes to heavy rain. Even more "syiok",but downside is front tyre is abit noisy due to thread design. Would recommend this tyres for those guys who always like to go up north and dont want the rain to stop the fun. :thumb:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

Sportmax GPR Alpha-10 hehe i love them

bro.. since u r using alpha 10.. where u using GPR70 before.. .any difference?

All my tires change has only been GPR70. love the tires dry and wet. But now using alpha 10 since GPR70 stop production. Still running in the tires. but would like to knw yur view ..

must be good rite??? since this is like the better version of GPR70 or just another name to the same type of tire..??/

Thanks

I miss my Spec II... :cry: :cry:

Hi, my spec 3 is currently on the stock battlax tires and the tires doesn't give good feedback especially on a wet road. It gets worst when I happen to ride past the white coloured marking on the road (like zebra crossing) and when I am in the multi storey carpark with the smooth surface, just a slight turn and the rear tire give the skid feeling! Really balls on my throat man! On a dry road, the stock tires are reasonably ok but I feel that the cornering grip not very good also if I push it hard.

Anyone has recommendation for good wet tires to reduce or eliminate such feeling? Or are all tires this way over such surfaces? Money not an issue, more importantly is got good grippy tires.

The last time i had Battlax BT014 not bad.Last me 1.5 years and considering i everyday clementi-changi that is quite a good mileage.Very good cornering tyre and performs quite well in wet cond as well....now using M3 also not bad but not as long lasting as BT014....my 0.02 cents.. :smile:

ken7644, one tyre i would recommend is go for pirelli tyres. I just changed my previous michelin pilot road. Personally, I found the braking is not up to my expectations. Now, I love my new pirelli diablo corsa tyres, the grip they give me is amazing. They cost $340, some people would say expenive. For me, i would rather spend that extra $ to get an excellent pair of tyres rather than be forking out heaps of $ rather than be on the floor because of lousy grip.

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK

ok i dunno whether this was discussed before, so sorry if im asking again.

im currently riding ver s (new rider). if im not wrong, the rear wheel is a 140? no way to change to a 150 etc right? i was thinking of getting the pirelli diablo, but smallest is a 150 for a rear wheel. =/

Hi, my spec 3 is currently on the stock battlax tires and the tires doesn't give good feedback especially on a wet road. It gets worst when I happen to ride past the white coloured marking on the road (like zebra crossing) and when I am in the multi storey carpark with the smooth surface, just a slight turn and the rear tire give the skid feeling! Really balls on my throat man! On a dry road, the stock tires are reasonably ok but I feel that the cornering grip not very good also if I push it hard.

Anyone has recommendation for good wet tires to reduce or eliminate such feeling? Or are all tires this way over such surfaces? Money not an issue, more importantly is got good grippy tires.

Can try BT021 bro,sport touring tyres...But still you must be careful riding on wet,every tyre got its limits. Its whether you survive or not when you hit the limits or not. :angel:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

ok i dunno whether this was discussed before, so sorry if im asking again.

im currently riding ver s (new rider). if im not wrong, the rear wheel is a 140? no way to change to a 150 etc right? i was thinking of getting the pirelli diablo, but smallest is a 150 for a rear wheel. =/

Yes, u r right...stock comes at 140 but you can go one size up until 150. Size for PB1 and version S is 110/120 front and 140/150 back. I'm using a150 Dunlope Arrowmax now:thumb:

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Yes, u r right...stock comes at 140 but you can go one size up until 150. Size for PB1 and version S is 110/120 front and 140/150 back. I'm using a150 Dunlope Arrowmax now:thumb:

yeslah! thanks for the info dude! :bouncefire:

ehhh hang on a sec. meaning i must change my rim eh? if yes, price range, anyone?