SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Tyres Related Issue

limkim

which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yalor, discount is huge man. U mean labour charge for changing tyres?

yup installation and balancing how much>?

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Michelin Pilot Road 2 VS Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact

which giver better millage & grip..?

review.

Pilot Road 2 has 2 compound which is better mileage. The curve of the tire isn't has curve has M5.

M5s are performance tires they can corner very well and quite sticky. Well i dun think sticky tires last very long.

It depends on what you want out of the tyre. As mentioned, m5 has a more pointy centre, making it easier to flick from side to side. PR2 is flatter, with a harder centre compound. Straight up road/ touring tyre.

Both are multi compound tyres.

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

• 1 month later...
Michelin Pilot Road 2 VS Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact

which giver better millage & grip..?

review.

Previous Metzeler M5 front (13000kms) & back (9000kms)

Current Michelin Power Pure front (put on at 40500kms) Michelin Pilot Road II back (put on at 27000kms) The back still has some tread on it and will be good for a few more thoudand kms.

Odo is now on 41500kms

These 2 tyres can't be compared against one another as the PR2 is a touring tyre whereas the M5 is a sport/touring tyre. If you want to compare the PR2 against Metzeler for mileage/grip then you need to compare it against the Z6 or Z8.

M5 gave exceptional grip in both dry and wet. PR2 is also good but not as good as M5 in the wet.

Just ordered a front and back set of Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart Sport Touring tyres from US site Jake Wilson for AUD 315.00 delivered to my door http://www.jakewilson.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&priceRange=allPrices&navTitle=Motorcycle+Tires&webTypeId=493&webCatId=57&brandId=77&prodFamilyId=22134

Edited by ResmeN

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...

• 2 weeks later...
Pilot power 2 not good in wet? How so

I think you meant Pilot Road II in which case it is not good in the wet in comparison to Sportec M5.

Contemplating between pr2, m5, angel st. Which performs best in wet and dry and best mileage and the occasional twisties?

If you want mileage go PR2

If you want grip in wet go M5

If you want grip in dry & wet go M5 or PR2

If you want occasional twisties go M5

I felt more confident with the tyres and bike with M5 than I did with PR2.

I'm about to put on a new front Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart followed by the rear after the current PR2 is done and will asess how it performs across the board.

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys. i went to pump my tire at petrol staion and when i move off, i make a turn and i feel tat my tire seems to be v.heavy and can feel tat the handle bar will turn itself. is it tat the tire pressure too high? i pump at psi 34 32.

for me.. i usually see my tire for the psi pressure... currently i using diablo... max is 42.. so i pump around 38-40 coz i everytime pillion my gf.. so pump abit harder abit... but jus take note... becareful on slippery ground...

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg

hey guys. i went to pump my tire at petrol staion and when i move off, i make a turn and i feel tat my tire seems to be v.heavy and can feel tat the handle bar will turn itself. is it tat the tire pressure too high? i pump at psi 34 32.

Might be steering bearing wore out.

Usually 250kpa for front and 290kpa for rear if pillion riding.

Solo varies on the weight of the rider, usually 220-240kpa for front and 220-260kpa for rear.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE