SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Which type of petrol do you pump for Phantom?

Sikkandersha

Type of petrol you pump for phantom  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Type of petrol you pump for phantom

• Shell 92
    • Shell 95
    • Shell 98
    • Shell V Power
    • ESSO
    • SPC
    • Gold with Techron 98
    • Silver with Techron 95
    • Dont pump in Singapore at all or sometimes only, prefer to pump in malaysia

maka.. i using caltex 95 and it's the same as yours..

but mainly people use esso and shell 95.. i think 98 is too much already.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maka.. i using caltex 95 and it's the same as yours..

but mainly people use esso and shell 95.. i think 98 is too much already.

I use to use caltex 95 also, now using caltex 92 , feels like there is a slight loss of top speed (110 become 105) but otherwise it works well enough :thumb:

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

nice to hear that 95ron is doing as well as 98ron...

sometimes, the engine has it's limitations, 98 might be overkill huh...

but i hope the overkill wun affect my engine performance in the long run. need the experts to advice on this area?

thanks for the advice, but i'm sticking to 98ron, at most it's 20cents more per L, and a full tank(~10l) would cost $2 more, which doesn't affect my pocket much... hee

i love my ride alot =) i usually cruise at 85km/h dunno why my cruise speed is getting higher... but i've tried and am able to reach 110km/h in a short time without much problem(overtaking). so it serves my needs very well...

dunno if i should go down to 95ron, any shifu's can advice on it?

Do what's right, not what you think is right. =)

Recently, Caltex has offered 92. Has anyone tried that?

look 2 posts above yours, as compared 92 vs 95, there's a slight drop in top speed.... maybe u should stick to 95?

I know of quite a lot of elder riders who insist on saving a few dollars by pumping 92 octane petrol into their big bikes... its past the minimum ron required but they are like 'can run can already!' LOL

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

nice to hear that 95ron is doing as well as 98ron...

sometimes, the engine has it's limitations, 98 might be overkill huh...

but i hope the overkill wun affect my engine performance in the long run. need the experts to advice on this area?

thanks for the advice, but i'm sticking to 98ron, at most it's 20cents more per L, and a full tank(~10l) would cost $2 more, which doesn't affect my pocket much... hee

i love my ride alot =) i usually cruise at 85km/h dunno why my cruise speed is getting higher... but i've tried and am able to reach 110km/h in a short time without much problem(overtaking). so it serves my needs very well...

dunno if i should go down to 95ron, any shifu's can advice on it?

i think ron95 is super enough already... i tried chiong at 115km/hr with no prob too.. just that engine virbrate alot.. no comfort lo... maka join the may expressway outing/gathering larx..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

I know of quite a lot of elder riders who insist on saving a few dollars by pumping 92 octane petrol into their big bikes... its past the minimum ron required but they are like 'can run can already!' LOL

yup i think it just comes to each person needs yea?

speed or

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

i think ron95 is super enough already... i tried chiong at 115km/hr with no prob too.. just that engine virbrate alot.. no comfort lo... maka join the may expressway outing/gathering larx..

haha... when? in May? think can~ this week got exam~! =(

waha... u hit 115 le ah... sian.. i oni 110.... i think those lao jiao must be laughing at us... they should have kissed 130 ages ago...

yups.. vibration is alot.. but sometimes need the speed... no time to care abt vibration... mwahaa~~ good la... really pleased with it's performance so far...

read some posts u put... u so fast hit 1.5k km ah? how come so intense? i just touch 600km oni...

haha... when? in May? think can~ this week got exam~! =(

waha... u hit 115 le ah... sian.. i oni 110.... i think those lao jiao must be laughing at us... they should have kissed 130 ages ago...

yups.. vibration is alot.. but sometimes need the speed... no time to care abt vibration... mwahaa~~ good la... really pleased with it's performance so far...

read some posts u put... u so fast hit 1.5k km ah? how come so intense? i just touch 600km oni...

yea it's on may... "labour day?* maybe... so far i hit around there only.. like for 50m like that... clear carbon?

but i prefer a good ride than a shaky ride. so dun speed.. later legs and hands numb...

yea i'm sure all the experience riders chiong 130km already lo... powderful la.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

True that experience counts for a lot.

But stability and speed goes hand in hand with the type of bike. Even if a Vespa could hit 150km/h, the bike was not built to handle that sort of speed, and even experienced riders would find it hard to control.

On the other hand, larger sports bikes and their aerodynamics make 200km/h feel like cruising. Know each bike and its purpose. :thumb:

my bike will overheat if I travel below 120km/h :cheeky:

will bike really overheat when travel below 120km/hr??

vidak your phantom like a speed monster man.. =)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Ah bro, I feel you. My bike is infamous for its heating problem due to traveling at too low speeds. Got to switch off engine if stationary for too long.

You know when to turn off the engine when you get a warm fuzzy feeling between your legs :lol:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

for me i prefer slow and steady. crusiers make a good bike for me..

i don't speed cause its dangerious.

i dun like bending down.

so it's crusiers for sure.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12