Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

DNA180 corner


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Monster Bear@Apr 5 2005, 02:03 PM

Hi, u used to sell a dna black rite? How's it? Sold out already?

Still up for sale, got lots of enquiry , some juz come c c nia n some still pending for loan...

 

:sian: :sian:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, anyone wanna go for outing? not just some coffeeshop, but riding. or we sit at S-Dam one night exchange tips... maybe all the DNAs in the forum can go one evening? never see nore than one DNA on the streets before man. Let's make it happen soon

:smile:

10th Nov 2005: Project VXRR commence

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

hi, i juz got my bike 4 ard 1 mth alredi.. everythin run quite smooth but ytd my bike fail 2 start. when i press e electric start, e headlight become dim n e digital speedometer seem reload again (like when u turn e key 2 on lidat). i keep tryin then now even worse.. no more sound can b heard.. i check e batt level, it is btw lower level n high level.. can any1 help 2 explain wat happened 2 my bike?

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Link to post
Share on other sites

Weak battery.

 

Go and check your charging system. See if its charging... If the charging is fijne, then it must be due to a faulty battery.

 

You bought it 2nd hand? If so, chances are its time for a battery change...

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by JTWL@May 22 2005, 02:55 PM

hi, i juz got my bike 4 ard 1 mth alredi.. everythin run quite smooth but ytd my bike fail 2 start. when i press e electric start, e headlight become dim n e digital speedometer seem reload again (like when u turn e key 2 on lidat). i keep tryin then now even worse.. no more sound can b heard.. i check e batt level, it is btw lower level n high level.. can any1 help 2 explain wat happened 2 my bike?

JTWL bro,

Agree with stroker bro. :sweat:

Is your battery that dying, but thats minor problem, can go any bike shop just replace it.:smile:

With every good wishes

 

Mark C.

 

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank stroker and mark C for explaining..

 

ya, i brought it 2nd hand.

 

n btw, when i travel 50km or more onward, i could hear sort of metal virbrate sound.. izzit due to loose screw?? or izzit something else??

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by JTWL@May 25 2005, 10:48 PM

thank stroker and mark C for explaining..

 

ya, i brought it 2nd hand.

 

n btw, when i travel 50km or more onward, i could hear sort of metal virbrate sound.. izzit due to loose screw?? or izzit something else??

Sound from which parts of the bike??:confused:

With every good wishes

 

Mark C.

 

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Mark C.@May 28 2005, 02:14 AM

Sound from which parts of the bike??:confused:

i not very exactly sure bout tat but e sound came from e front part of e bike...

 

mayb u guy can test ride my bike n give mi some comment about it??

 

btw, regardin tat time e batt problem, it hav been solved already. but i tink can only last mi a while onli ba. bcos e motortiam charged e batt, after removing it, e power( i dunno wat it called ) of e batt keeping dropping by 0.1 per 5 sec lidat. tink i better buy a spare batt to prepare first. my fren told mi tat lim ah boy shop got sell e batt tat we r using.. isit tat true?

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better change your battery asap. If not, the next time it drop just below the the ideal voltage, you'll be stuck with a 'dead' bike again.

 

Ah boy's fine la.. Just make sure the size is correct. Or alternatively change it at Piaggio agent. Its $68 excl GST.

 

And they'll fix it for you... Plus get them to check your charging system lor... Play safe.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by stroker@May 30 2005, 10:30 PM

Better change your battery asap. If not, the next time it drop just below the the ideal voltage, you'll be stuck with a 'dead' bike again.

 

Ah boy's fine la.. Just make sure the size is correct. Or alternatively change it at Piaggio agent. Its $68 excl GST.

 

And they'll fix it for you... Plus get them to check your charging system lor... Play safe.

hmm.. thank alot stroker 4 ur advice.. :bounce:

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Link to post
Share on other sites

riders hope to c u ppl on tomorrow's outing...hav not seen DNAs joining us for a long time...lets show the rest the power of Gilera hehehe :D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spy622@Jun 3 2005, 06:58 PM

riders hope to c u ppl on tomorrow's outing...hav not seen DNAs joining us for a long time...lets show the rest the power of Gilera hehehe :D

Thanks for yr invite... But busy too meet up for rides these days.. cheers

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's any new dna in sg... Might have a few left-over stock lying around... But Im not too sure where exactly. Go ask around..

 

My advise is, get a 2nd hand one... It should be avail at quite a good price.. I got mine first hand at an expensive high of 6.8K excl Insurance. Some other guys got it later at a bargain of 5.5K... 2nd hand should cost around 3.5 to 4 plus k, depending how old is she..

 

Although I myself travel nearly 60km everyday, I don't think its advisable to do so... But that's not just the prob of a dna, but rather gilly's range of scoot. Luckily mine did not create much problem for me though (fingers crossed)...

 

Maintenance-wise same as VXR. Check out Vxr's page. There's more info there.

 

Fun and nice bike to ride... Almost always getting stared at, whilst stopping at traffic lights.. Good luck in your search--if you're still determined to get one. Cheers

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by stroker@Jun 14 2005, 09:43 PM

I don't think there's any new dna in sg... Might have a few left-over stock lying around... But Im not too sure where exactly. Go ask around..

 

My advise is, get a 2nd hand one... It should be avail at quite a good price.. I got mine first hand at an expensive high of 6.8K excl Insurance. Some other guys got it later at a bargain of 5.5K... 2nd hand should cost around 3.5 to 4 plus k, depending how old is she..

 

Although I myself travel nearly 60km everyday, I don't think its advisable to do so... But that's not just the prob of a dna, but rather gilly's range of scoot. Luckily mine did not create much problem for me though (fingers crossed)...

 

Maintenance-wise same as VXR. Check out Vxr's page. There's more info there.

 

Fun and nice bike to ride... Almost always getting stared at, whilst stopping at traffic lights.. Good luck in your search--if you're still determined to get one. Cheers

thankz for the info provided. will have to put some serious consideration into it since i have to travel so much. need something hardy and nice (like a DNA) if possible.

 

any recommendations?:help:

Life is unpredictable, Don't live to regret

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I too just got a Gilera DNA 180. The bike is good, got the best of scooter and naked sports bike combine into one! Anyway, I think I saw a brand new one for sale at Mah motors the other day, so if you guys are interested can go check it out.

If there are any Meet-ups for DNA riders don't forget about me!

 

Cheers!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by stroker@Jun 22 2005, 02:25 AM

Welcome mate!

Hey Stroker, read from ur pervious post dat u hav problem tuning ur Malossi carb...for ur info the malossi carb u buy the price is sure expensive...It is actually a dellorto 35mm..Feedback from frens using the dellorto 25mm, in our climate the orginal set of jets n parts in the his carb then is totally not suitable..he have actually change all the slides, needles n watever jets n parts inside to get it tune up poperly for use in our climate...u may like to check out on some "ang mo" forums to do research on how to get the carb tune or email Malossi for more info...once u get the problem solve, the carb will sure help u alot

 

cheers

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...