Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

DNA180 corner


Recommended Posts

Hi,

Out of curiousity, the DNA's come with a standard scooter styled exhaust right? How did you guys get the racing bike exhaust configuration? Care to tell me the price/ location to get it done at a reasonable price?

 

Cheers!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by danielburgess@Jun 22 2005, 04:28 AM

Hi,

Out of curiousity, the DNA's come with a standard scooter styled exhaust right? How did you guys get the racing bike exhaust configuration? Care to tell me the price/ location to get it done at a reasonable price?

 

Cheers!

PM stroker bah...datz a aftmarket pipe u c in the pic

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spy622@Jun 22 2005, 03:15 AM

Hey Stroker, read from ur pervious post dat u hav problem tuning ur Malossi carb...for ur info the malossi carb u buy the price is sure expensive...It is actually a dellorto 35mm..Feedback from frens using the dellorto 25mm, in our climate the orginal set of jets n parts in the his carb then is totally not suitable..he have actually change all the slides, needles n watever jets n parts inside to get it tune up poperly for use in our climate...u may like to check out on some "ang mo" forums to do research on how to get the carb tune or email Malossi for more info...once u get the problem solve, the carb will sure help u alot

 

cheers

Bro, thanks for all the info.. Ya, I know all those... Thanks anyway... I found out later, I was 'chopped' like a carrot... ha..

 

Its not 35mm, but a 34mm. The 25mm is a V-series 2 stroke carb. Mine's a PHF (4 stroke).

 

Ya, you're dead right.. The jetting is way off... Malossi's email is dead.. Ha, never get any replies from them..., Maybe they don't understand english??!! ha. I spend quite some time to get it right.. Now's running like a swiss-clock!

 

Thanks, Cheers!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have a feeling that my tank might be leaking or maybe one of the fuel lines as I keep smelling gas and the fuel consumption/ mileage ratio is rather high. Care to tell me what is the mileage you get from a full tank? If my number does not tally will just have to bring her down to Piaggio service centre liaoz...

 

 

Cheers!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by stroker@Jun 22 2005, 07:22 AM

Bro, thanks for all the info.. Ya, I know all those... Thanks anyway... I found out later, I was 'chopped' like a carrot... ha..

 

Its not 35mm, but a 34mm. The 25mm is a V-series 2 stroke carb. Mine's a PHF (4 stroke).

 

Ya, you're dead right.. The jetting is way off... Malossi's email is dead.. Ha, never get any replies from them..., Maybe they don't understand english??!! ha. I spend quite some time to get it right.. Now's running like a swiss-clock!

 

Thanks, Cheers!

Good...nothin is better than to be able to setup ur carb poperly n feel the diff...more shiok than washing n polishing ur ride everyweeks hahaha :thumb:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by VaLenTaY@Jun 29 2005, 04:51 PM

hi everyone..

do u guy noe where can i find e kind of suspension fitted in our bike??

e 1 we use i tink is abit longer..

or u guy hav other opinions other tat e stock suspension??

There's a pair from Bitubo that can fit our bike... Costs a bomb naturally... :lovestruck:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by stroker@Jul 1 2005, 06:26 AM

There's a pair from Bitubo that can fit our bike... Costs a bomb naturally... :lovestruck:

cost ard how much?? where can i get it??

 

btw.. ur signature pic isit ur bike?? damn nice exhaust. :lovestruck:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there... i too ride a dna.... well can always try those sup at jb cos the stock ones spoil easily... mine was split into 2 but lucky stil under warrenty... using the lousy after market sup which looks like super4 showas now... only cost 80 sing at jb including installation... dun feel any damping of cos...

RIDE TO THE LIMIT OF YR BIKE!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2263/pgturn1ho8.jpg

 

Reviews of my fast throttle. Have a look!

Reviews by so many dun lie ppl! come have a look!

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217369

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got any pictures of the suspension? I am thinking of getting mine changed as they are really rusting up and the plastic sleeve that covers the shaft has cracked into two...

 

Cheers...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by VaLenTaY@Jul 2 2005, 12:12 PM

cost ard how much?? where can i get it??

 

btw.. ur signature pic isit ur bike?? damn nice exhaust. :lovestruck:

I think one of the shops at Ubi carrys Bitubo product.. A nice guy once told me he paid $800 for it...

 

You can get it off the web as well.. PM me if you need more info..

 

oh, ya, its my bike... hee

 

CHeers

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spiderman@Jul 2 2005, 01:56 PM

Hi there... i too ride a dna.... well can always try those sup at jb cos the stock ones spoil easily... mine was split into 2 but lucky stil under warrenty... using the lousy after market sup which looks like super4 showas now... only cost 80 sing at jb including installation... dun feel any damping of cos...

FYI those JB ones are 330mm... Ours 360mm.. Can use ma?? Even if you put the 'jack', it'll still be a tad shorter.. Heavier and slower steering as a result..

 

Btw, the handrail have to be removed right?? Can post yr bike's pix?? Thanks..

 

Correct me if Im wrong...

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by danielburgess@Jul 3 2005, 02:30 AM

Got any pictures of the suspension? I am thinking of getting mine changed as they are really rusting up and the plastic sleeve that covers the shaft has cracked into two...

 

Cheers...

Hmm??? I tot you bought yr bike new?? So fast rust??

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

wad pipe is that???

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by danielburgess@Jul 3 2005, 02:04 PM

No, bought mine second hand, for $2200, quite a new condition bike and very well maintained... Thinking of getting her done up a little more...

 

Cheers...

At 2.2k, its a steal!!!

 

Cheers

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by stroker@Jul 3 2005, 01:12 PM

FYI those JB ones are 330mm... Ours 360mm.. Can use ma?? Even if you put the 'jack', it'll still be a tad shorter.. Heavier and slower steering as a result..

 

Btw, the handrail have to be removed right?? Can post yr bike's pix?? Thanks..

 

Correct me if Im wrong...

 

ya its shorter but must look for the ones that can be extended with a screw below... dun have to remove the handle and for steering wise but can drop yr front to compensate the shorter rear and pput the jack like u say for the rear...

 

stroker - wat other bike u riding or riden before?

wat tyres r u using for the dna?

RIDE TO THE LIMIT OF YR BIKE!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2263/pgturn1ho8.jpg

 

Reviews of my fast throttle. Have a look!

Reviews by so many dun lie ppl! come have a look!

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217369

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, that is a nice pair of rear suspensions, in fact, I want to get the rear ones changed due to rust forming, and the plastic sleeve cracking. But the problem is I am not really keen to get it done in JB, as I am sure to get lost as I am quite new to this part of the world!

Is there anywhere in Singapore I can get it done at? At about the same price?

 

P.S. I am using Pirelli tires.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by danielburgess@Jul 4 2005, 05:30 PM

Hmmm, that is a nice pair of rear suspensions, in fact, I want to get the rear ones changed due to rust forming, and the plastic sleeve cracking. But the problem is I am not really keen to get it done in JB, as I am sure to get lost as I am quite new to this part of the world!

Is there anywhere in Singapore I can get it done at? At about the same price?

 

P.S. I am using Pirelli tires.

Of course you can... Maybe slightly more expensive. But won't be too far off. Check out the following shops: B Plus (Lavender St), LAB aka Lim Ah Boy (Kelantan Lane), or HKL (dunno exact road name, sorry..)

 

But those suspension's mostly made in either msia or thailand... So most of them are not of top quality, and damping -wise, not too sure too..

 

Cheers

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5600/kuantan049596tc9.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys! Got to really work on my bike, found a liquid dripping out of the bike, tasted it (stupid I know), and taste very acidic, so guess that my battery is giving problems. Haha, that is the problem with bikes, fix one thing, another problem comes up!

 

Cheers!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n84/danielburgess/b562f855-326b-4d71-a656-0eeb9e05ecff.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

can anyone name me some tyres so i can take it as considaration as i gg to change mine soon. better still with e pricing and preformance and suitiable 4 wat kind of condition.. thank

Gilera Dna 180, Suzuki Bandit 400, Yamaha Y125Z, Yamaha YZF R1 02-03, Honda PGM 4, Vespa Excel 150, Vespa PX200E, Vespa PX150

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by JTWL@Jul 5 2005, 01:35 PM

can anyone name me some tyres so i can take it as considaration as i gg to change mine soon. better still with e pricing and preformance and suitiable 4 wat kind of condition.. thank

have not tried much tyres but gold standard is quite stable on corners.... the stock tyre also not bad lah but gold standard more stable...

RIDE TO THE LIMIT OF YR BIKE!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2263/pgturn1ho8.jpg

 

Reviews of my fast throttle. Have a look!

Reviews by so many dun lie ppl! come have a look!

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217369

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Shell BAU_Motorcycle_Version 2_SingaporeBikes Banner_300x250 (static).jpg

×
×
  • Create New...