SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Tiam Rating

Guest AdamAndEve

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before I start targeting the bad Motor Tiam, is it possible that I post the remarks on those Motor Tiam ?

i dun think tis topic is gd if ur rating the worse motodiam... :smile:

juz my 2cents worth :D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Before I start targeting the bad Motor Tiam, is it possible that I post the remarks on those Motor Tiam ?

before you post anything, you should know that most of the motordiams mention in this forum, they are watching. And i not really sure how they take the "review" bout them? Complains still coming in though, so i guess not much of an effect.

So MOTORDIAM OWNERS, care to share you views?

if you got any bad experiences with any shop, you are free to speak ur comments based on true facts. You are responsible for your words so as long as its the truth, nobody will be able to do anything to u.

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::

To praise and recommend a good motordiam is ok, but to list out the bad ones, not advisible.

be careful about those posting....I don't think you want to recieve a court summon huh....... :mad:

is this a local forum? Basically, felt saver if this is base in US. As you all should, we do not have "freedom" of speech here.

To praise and recommend a good motordiam is ok, but to list out the bad ones, not advisible.

be careful about those posting....I don't think you want to recieve a court summon huh....... :mad:

is this a local forum? Basically, felt saver if this is base in US. As you all should, we do not have "freedom" of speech here.

Yes this is a local forum, this is local based server. In sg, the IPs are limited, either those regular ISPs or Qala, GWnet or even better, MINDEF's. Its so easy to trace down someone with its IP given the authority.

Yes this is a local forum, this is local based server. In sg, the IPs are limited, either those regular ISPs or Qala, GWnet or even better, MINDEF's. Its so easy to trace down someone with its IP given the authority.

then why not move this forum to place like, delphi? Izzit it benefit most of the bikers here? It is not that we are coward or anything. I just think that could it be better? regarding the reliability of the content, how do we ever goin to verify that? Will it be possible that one of these days, the forum will be held responsible for allowing any posts regarding 2nd or 3 rd parties?

then why not move this forum to place like, delphi? Izzit it benefit most of the bikers here? It is not that we are coward or anything. I just think that could it be better?

I see no difference in the location, delphi or local.

Defamation, its not allowed anywhere. Just taht in here, we emphasize on it. I see no good sense of "protection" where strangers/immature ppl starts coming in to defame some particular shops. Why bother to protect such kind of user who do not even dare to comment using his real identity?

There have been cases where other shop owners start wearing an anonymous identity on net just to bring down the reputation of his competitors. That is not something we would like to see.

And on a personal note, i hate delphi's interface. :D

Guest Feedback

Aiyah, easy lah...

Everyone post which one is good, then people will know to avoid others lor...

In the end if all the good ones get the business, the bad ones will automatically suffer.

haiyah mototiams in alexander village, none is good.

[catch me if you can]

Wat makes u tink so?? Izzit u encounter bad experiences at bukit merah b4 rite... dun condemn the whole jungle bcoz of 1 tree :lol:

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

Guest Feedback

I Think about it some time now...

OK first thing we must make clear is that there is different types and levesl of "good". For example 1 company maybe their prices are good, staff is friendly but their mechanic cannot make it one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we make a standard format. You can only post commendations. Format something like this:

Date: Month/year

Shop Name: Name of Shop

Address: Address of shop

Phone Number: phone number of shop

What service/product did you purchase?

Bike/maintainence/other service (i.e. insurance etc)/ other products (boxes etc). (details here, if you want to add)

Level of service: 1-10 (details here, if you want to add)

Level of knowledge: 1-10 (details here, if you want to add)

Level of value for money: 1-10 (details here, if you want to add)

How happy are you overall? 1-10

What makes this shop commendable? (give details..)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We make this new thread a "sticky".

At the end of 6 or 12 months or whatever, we look at the comments and maybe Andy can create an Award: SBF Recommended Award.

[/fade]

Guest AdamAndEve
I Think about it some time now...

OK first thing we must make clear is that there is different types and levesl of "good". For example 1 company maybe their prices are good, staff is friendly but their mechanic cannot make it one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we make a standard format. You can only post commendations. Format something like this:

Date: Month/year

Shop Name: Name of Shop

Address: Address of shop

Phone Number: phone number of shop

Bike/maintainence/other service (i.e. insurance etc)/ other products (boxes etc). (details here, if you want to add)

Level of service: 1-10 (details here, if you want to add)

Level of knowledge: 1-10 (details here, if you want to add)

Level of value for money: 1-10 (details here, if you want to add)

How happy are you overall? 1-10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We make this new thread a "sticky".

At the end of 6 or 12 months or whatever, we look at the comments and maybe Andy can create an Award: SBF Recommended Award.

[/fade]

lets starts the ball rolling man

Date: 23/11/02Shop Name: Looi's Motor

Address: 55 Kakit Bukit Place

Phone Number: 67431072

Bought a Phantom 200

Level of service: 8

Level of knowledge: 9

Level of value for money: 8 ( better than outside market)

How happy are you overall? 8

A respectable shop. The shop manager give various option on ways to save your money. The manager is friendly and trust worthy. Call the shop 1 time and ask for the price. He give the price without any changes when I go down to the shop.

Guest AdamAndEve

Date: 23/11/02

Shop Name: Planet Motorcycle

Address: Blk 3007 Ubi Rd 1Phone Number: 67474740

Monthly maintenace of my KTM ( previous bike)

Level of service: 9

Level of value for money: 10

What makes this shop commendable?

Cheap bike servicing. The boss there are friendly and give you very good advise of how to maintenace your loved bike. After his mecahnic had finish their job, the boss actually went thru and see pass or not. If not, he will call his mechanic to check again.

Guest AdamAndEve

Shop Name: Lee's

Address: Serangoon Rd

Phone Number: -

None... Juz went in to have a price checklist

Level of service: 8 (good, the salesman there invits u to his office to have a talk)

Level of knowledge: 7

Level of value for money: 2

How happy are you overall? 1

Read the below link

]http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/viewto...?t=3140

[catch me if you can]

Wat makes u tink so?? Izzit u encounter bad experiences at bukit merah b4 rite... dun condemn the whole jungle bcoz of 1 tree :lol:

name me one which is good and wun chopped me, and i 'll go try.

i dare you.(light-hearted,with a grin)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

---------A LIFE IN THE FAST LANE! ------->

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR

Guest Tird Kenobi

[catch me if you can]

ya la I also think so, but then shops are there to do business and earn money, and bikers' machine needs servicing/repairing, so LL, no choice also...

i don't think there is an ABSOLUTELY best motordiam. So we are looking for the best among all cut-throat motordiams.

Unless you 'ah kar liao' wif the mechanic lor...

===================================

I Dun Horn, But Will Cursed You To Go To Hell :angry:

===============================

No Matter How Fast You Are.....Someone Out

=========================

There Is Always Ahead Of You :angry:

Shop Name: Funmaster's Promotion

Address: Blk 176 Sin Ming Drive, Sin Ming Autocare #03-21

Phone Number: 64550561

Change chain and sprocket

Level of service: 9

Level of knowledge: 10

Level of value for money: 8

How happy are you overall? 9

Ah Huat the mechanic/owner of the shop is an honest and down-to-earth guy. His products/service are market-rate and may sometimes be a little bit more expensive, but it's worth paying. Why? For example, I recently changed to DID X-ring chain and stock sprockets and I actually told him I could get a cheaper price. He showed my 2 similar-looking sprockets in different packaging and explained the differences between the two (one is OEM, the other, a "replica"). I have been his loyal customer since my 2B days and I believe that he has not once chopped me (a little bit of course have lah. ALL motortiams chop a bit at least) and he has always given me options for the cheaper (chiong) alternatives or the stock ones. And the best thing of all: He opens everyday, Sunday and holidays included (opens after 2pm on Sunday until late evening).

[/fade]

lets starts the ball rolling man

Date: 23/11/02Shop Name: Looi's Motor

Address: 55 Kakit Bukit Place

Phone Number: 67431072

Bought a Phantom 200

Level of service: 8

Level of value for money: 8 ( better than outside market)

A respectable shop. The shop manager give various option on ways to save your money. The manager is friendly and trust worthy. Call the shop 1 time and ask for the price. He give the price without any changes when I go down to the shop.

i will give my vote to lOOI too. I have seem them moving from one shop and expand to two shop in yishun and now, a multi storey warehouse in kaki bukit. It may be ex sometimes but i can tell u this, its worth it! Dun have to believe me,just go down and tok to the man.