SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Tiam Rating

Guest AdamAndEve

Hi, speaking from my view as a regular customer of Mah Motor Parts at Jln Besar, i can honestly say their parts are all sold at a reasonable price! Jeffrey Mah is the boss, always wear white shirt walk around and Alice [his wife] always sit at the counter there one. If you want, you can also try bargaining the price with them, dun worry, they very frenly one! As for their mechanics, they got 3. Ah Fai, Ah Hock and Ah Peng. My personal mechanic cum fren is Ah Fai, his skills is highly recommended!

Star Rating: 4 outta 5! Cheers!

Funny... I got a different experience there... I went there to look for 2nd hand bikes... Their sales personel come to me recommended Hornet 250... Very frenly... Say beta than S4 cos of the insurance thingy... Blah... Blah...

Then came "This bike pick up very good one! V-twin engine one..." SInce when Hornet become v-twin?

Well, maybe i look like carrot head to him...

Oct 2001-- NSR 150SP

Apr 2003-- CB 250FX

Dec 2004 to Dec 2011 -- VFR 800A2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny... I got a different experience there... I went there to look for 2nd hand bikes... Their sales personel come to me recommended Hornet 250... Very frenly... Say beta than S4 cos of the insurance thingy... Blah... Blah...

Then came "This bike pick up very good one! V-twin engine one..." SInce when Hornet become v-twin?

Well, maybe i look like carrot head to him...

Thats the Mah Motor at Serangoon opposite the fire station one. I'm talking about Jalan Besar opp Sim Lim Tower selling spare parts and repairs one! Btw, Serangoon and Jln Besar both brothers not on good term one!

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009/07/09/bikepics-1722149-full.jpg

If It Ain't Scary, It Ain't Fast Enough

Guest AdamAndEve
ic.. btw....do u guys have the exact address of planet motors?? and lets make a comparison...

wat do u guys think of when we compare

-LEE MOTORS

-LOOI'S MOTORS

-PLANET MOTORS

pls tell me which is the best....

Hi,

Personally I think you can trust Looi's Motor, about LEE motor, I dun think you can trust them...They only chop you like carrot....

About Planet, they dun sell motor, they only service bike.(Correct me if i'm wrong)

Heard from my friends that the instructors from CDC and TP let him service their own personal bike. Coz it is cheap and good.

At 1st time I went there to service my KTM. He told me that my KTM cannot make it, he advice me to sell as quickly as possible. Then he said if I want to full service my bike, it'll cost a bomb. True enough, my KTM break down in less than a month... and it cost me a bomb.

After which I change to a phantom.

Guest AdamAndEve

where's tis shop u guys are toking abt?

add?

name?

:confused:

Date: 23/11/02

Shop Name: Planet Motorcycle

Address: Blk 3007 Ubi Rd 1Phone Number: 67474740

What service/product did you purchase?

Monthly maintenace of my KTM ( previous bike)

Level of service: 9

Level of knowledge: 9

Level of value for money: 10

How happy are you overall? 8

What makes this shop commendable?

Cheap bike servicing. The boss there are friendly and give you very good advise of how to maintenace your loved bike. After his mecahnic had finish their job, the boss actually went thru and see pass or not. If not, he will call his mechanic to check again.

Date: April 2003

Shop Name: Ming Motor

Address: 28, Jalan Tukang (Beside DHL)

Servicing, change engine oil, trouble shooting

Owner : Ah Ming (65693976, 97332983)

Level of service: 8

Level of knowledge: 7

Level of value for money: 7

What makes this shop commendable?

Went to this shop for normal servicing, they will safe keep your unused engine oil for next servicing. So in the end cost only 1 bottle for 1.5L. When purchased chain lube, they will spray for you at the workplace and also safe keep the remaining for your time. Skill level is reasonably OK and effort can be seen from them in troubleshooting bike problems. Charges are also reasonable. Another plus point, they are open on sunday (11am ~ 3pm), extendable if requested. For any servicing out of standard time, you can even contact the owner for special arrangement.

Highly user friendly & recommended.

how abt e universal motors pte ltd at 356 alexandra rd?

n excel cycle at 99 kaki bukit ave 1 shun li ind pk?

n will motor at blk 3012, bedok ind pk E, #01-2076?

~Look Around You And You Will Find THaT Everything S3eN Small In Your Eyes~

~But It Does Not S3en To Be As The Whole World Is Looking At You~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GHC at yishun industrial park?

But they will chop you into small piece......

i changed rr wheel bearing charge me $40 :mad: %$#!@&!)*!........

Soo Hin, at yishun industrial park also....

price wise ok, skill wise ok, but the boss fxxk up one...

pay them money they give you black face....

but the mech there very friendly, the fat guy very good, look for him.

there's still other bike shop there, never been there, now do my bike at kallang area, coz i work there...... :D

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

I have never read or heard such a bunch of crap!

Its quite obvious you people are petty, inexperienced motorist........let me re-phrase that, you people probably never owned a car in your life..........and not even considered bikers!...........the term is "motorcyclists" with cheap thoughts and you can very well tell that you guys are also terribly, I mean terribly inexperienced! Try going to a PROPER workshop and see if you are allowed to bring your own oil and Filters. You think you pay alot! Try opening your own workshop!

I have only seen hap-harzard workshops allowing some fool to squat next to a mechanic while he is working on his bike. If you think you can do better, why not do the servicing or repairs yourself, its quite obvious you can't and if you have no idea how to repair or service your bike, what makes you an expert on what mechanics are doing to your bike.

I have always had good service at Mah Motor, these mechanics are my friends and I have been there during their busiest moments and have seen how they handle repairs. I KNOW why they had to barricade their workshop! Did you fools ever asked WHY??? Maybe you people should instead of shooting your mouth off.

Best of all, only a few idiots are complaining, and they try to make it like everyone is doing the same!

Guest FireSpitter

Personally , I think Rewired's comments are valid though it would have been better if it were more "diplomatically" phrased.

Consumers & businesses have only one thing in mind. Money. One wants to save it, the other wants to earn it. Hard fact of life....

Shop Name: Kim Keat Motor Co

Address: Blk 10 AMK Ind Park 2A, Autopoint

Phone Number: 64833167

Servicing/repair

Level of service: 8

Level of knowledge: 8

Level of value for money: 8

What makes this shop commendable? (give details..)

Family bussiness so don't have to worry abt mechanic competency. Been going there for servicing & mod & quite satisfied with workmanship. Slightly ex but overall happy with end result. Look for the two sons, the father not so good & not very caring towards yr bike.

go look at ah hwee or his elder brother who is okie but quiet....the father is the typical old timer mech so there :eek: i have been going there since i got my 1st bike...the workmanship is definitely good and yes its slightly more expensive...pay peanuts and get monkeys...at least he does good work before chopping(dont say i say)

http://shovelhead.us/shop/images/BRO_HELMET.jpg

I have never read or heard such a bunch of crap!

Its quite obvious you people are petty, inexperienced motorist........let me re-phrase that, you people probably never owned a car in your life..........and not even considered bikers!...........the term is "motorcyclists" with cheap thoughts and you can very well tell that you guys are also terribly, I mean terribly inexperienced! Try going to a PROPER workshop and see if you are allowed to bring your own oil and Filters. You think you pay alot! Try opening your own workshop!

I have only seen hap-harzard workshops allowing some fool to squat next to a mechanic while he is working on his bike. If you think you can do better, why not do the servicing or repairs yourself, its quite obvious you can't and if you have no idea how to repair or service your bike, what makes you an expert on what mechanics are doing to your bike.

I have always had good service at Mah Motor, these mechanics are my friends and I have been there during their busiest moments and have seen how they handle repairs. I KNOW why they had to barricade their workshop! Did you fools ever asked WHY??? Maybe you people should instead of shooting your mouth off.

Best of all, only a few idiots are complaining, and they try to make it like everyone is doing the same!

Yah....all dis might be true, being an obstruction to mechanics working on the bikes while the owners r hanging close by ...... but i believe that if u wan to bring ur own oils n filter n get charged a higher labour charge, u muz be willing to pay for it....after all the oil is not from the shop......we aren't that reasonable.........

But on the other hand....... if u leave ur bike to the mech n can't see the actual process of handling of the bike, if anything screws up after the servicing, who's at fault? worst of all u might not even know whats the problem wif the bike! Thats y some pple r not at ease to leave their previous bike without keeping an eye on the mech. I'm not saying that the mech will definitly do something funny to ur bike but u never noe rite?

trusts in integrity in mech in something some of us dun haf, perhaps its a newbie to the shop or a total newbie to bikes......can't blame them for being careful rite?

A suggestion i would have is to provide a waiting room wif a glass window in which u can see the entire workshop n the mechs doing their work......

in that way, mechs can do their jobs without obstruction n owners would not haf to worry abt their bikes not being taken care of.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

oh, another thing i missed out, u stated that u experience gd servicing at mah but does it occur to u that it might be because the mechs r ur frens?

we always treat our frens better den strangers n tats a fact.......unless its a ger of course.....hehe :D :D

Not trying to prove that u r wrong or anything, juz stating how i tink abt the matter.....no hard feelings k? :sweat:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A very gd counter-talk sia. U can go join PAP liao. :shades:

~Look Around You And You Will Find THaT Everything S3eN Small In Your Eyes~

~But It Does Not S3en To Be As The Whole World Is Looking At You~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha...thanx.....den muz rem to vote for me ah....... :lol: :lol:

Haha...thanx.....den muz rem to vote for me ah....... :lol: :lol:

I be your first vote :smile:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01767/Triumph_Tiger800-2_1767913c.jpg

RD125 TZR125 Phantom200 GSXR400 SRAD750 CBR1100XX FJR1300A GSR600 Tiger800

haha thanx! :lol: :cheer:

Guest aird

Scared? Scared what? If I'm just saying what I feel is that also an offence?

Personally I do not patronise De Xing, Chun Kok, Motor Sales, Ban Hock. Because they tried to ker tok me, they think everyone is a green horn.

Let me tell you a story...

There was once a shop in Joo Jiat. Started very small but because the boss is good ie charge reasonable and honest chap. His business grew, got alot of customers soon. But for reasons unknown, the shop began to ker tok his customers. His business became less and ultimately he made alot of unsatisfactory customers. Later on relevant authorities got "feedback" on the shop safety and environmental infringements. The government did not close the shop but it is now no longer there.

"you reap what you sow"