SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Tiam Rating

Guest AdamAndEve

Gd evening ladies and gentlemen. I would like to share with everyone my personal BAD experience with a motor diam in the east side of singapore. I will not disclose the name, juz the general location, because I do not wan to kena any defamation lawsuits even though I know I am telling the truth. The story goes like this: Last year end, I encountered persistent rough idling and throttling when moving off on my bike.. I went to this motor diam which I have been patronising for the last 4-5yrs because I am familiar with their in-charge and felt that they had been giving me good service through those yrs.. After their initial assessment, they said I had a case of worn connector rod bearings and declared I had to change them. They said because of my model only haf two ways of doing it, either import frm place of manufacture and face a possible waitin time of 1 to 2 mths or send to a SG factory to customise and install new bearings and wait ard 2 weeks to 4 weeks. I chose to send to SG factory. Bad choice~ 1 mth came and passed.. I happily collected my bike tinking all of my probs have been solved and tat I have a smooth running bike frm den on.. I was soo wrong..

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Continued frm above: The following week after I collected my bike, all the persistent rough idling and throttling symptoms returned~ My heart dropped into my bowels.. I called the motor diam in charge. He told me that it couldn't be the case and asked me to returned for a check.. I obeyed tinking everything's still alrite. Their mechanic checked and said that it's most like air intake not tuned properly so juz need some tuning and my prob shld go away. He also since I juz done an overhaul I should expect the rough idiling intially, when the run in complete the prob should not be there anymore.. Guess wad, up till today I have already completed 2000+ km since the overhaul. The rough idling and throttling problem still there.. So this afternoon I decided enough was enough.. I muz seek a 2nd opinion.. Therefore I went to the shop in Bukit Merah where I did the hard run in for my bike 2 years ago. This shop has quite a sterling reputation for its professionalism and expertise with bikes, anyone in the biking world should be quite able to guess this shop, but again, I dun wan to mention names for fears of implications of defamation lawsuits.. So let call this motor diam in bukit merah Shop WXYZ..

Edited by AdrielX

The boss of Shop WXYZ personally attended and chatted with me.. I was quite pleasantly surprised to discover that the boss still remembers me frm 2 years ago when I went there to do the hard run in. I guess it's because the boss helped to detect a peculiar prob wif my bike and helped to contact the distrbutor's workshop to rectify the prob for free cuz still under warranty.. anyway I detract from the main topic.. The boss heard me tell my story and he immediately had an accurate guess of wad was reali wrong wif my bike. He took a infrared thermal sensor and pointed it at the point where my exhaust connects to the engine with four pipes.. I duno the term.. Immediately can see that point 1 and point 4 had a huge thermal difference from point 2 and 3.. He concluded that most likely my plug coil ( i hope i remembered the term correctly) spoilt. When I told him I had replaced my con rod bearings previously, the boss gave me an incredulous look, saying "are you sure ornt??? ur bike mileage not even 25k yet!! why u go change??" I told him my story and he replied "I dunno la... but even if you said the previous shop shown u the bearings which shown signs of being worn out, I still dun reali tink tat was the case.. Anyway I cant comment for sure since I was not there"

He then proceeded to dismantle my bike fuel tank to access to my engine parts.. and guess wad.. He discovered the previous mechanic did not even bother to tightened the air box's securing screws properly.. The boss of Shop WXYZ showed me how he could easily wriggle the air box out using juz his fingers. next he discovered that the battery securing screws were over tightened to the point where they were bent and almost broken.. the battery connectors were also broken due to the overtightening (I changed my battery at the previous shop in case anyone's wondering) He also discovered that my clutch cable was almost fully worn out.. and the previous shop was supposed to change a new one for me.. overall, the boss's comment was that the previous mechanic did quite a "mickey mouse" job on my bike.. meaning screwed up job.. as of now my bike still in the workshop and I'm hm now awaiting Shop WXTZ's boss to call me tml to let me know wad other "surprises" are found left over by the previous shop.. haiz.. I juz wanna vent my frustrations here and I wun reveal the two shop's actual names.. but the previous shop which did the "mickey mouse" job on my bike shld know who u are.. if u'd like to rebutt and provide explanation to prove ur innocence here pls do so. i welcome u to clear the air.. but dun expect me to return.. u have scared me off..

Edited by AdrielX

oh ya, the boss of Shop WXYZ commented that I shouldn't haf sent to the SG factory to customise and install the bearings as most like they would juz squeeze oversized bearings meant for cars into the con rod and not do any proper or professional clearance checks.. But I admit responsibility for this as I was the one who did not wan to wait for the original parts to come frm Japan. But still the previous bike shop could haf provided me with a clearer explanation and not juz tell me that it was cheaper and faster and wun be really different compared to the imported parts frm Japan. I should haf known better. This I admit is my fault and I have to bear the responsibility and costs.

anyway, the moral of the story and the message i'd like to share with everyone here is that no matter how long you have been patronising this shop and how wonderful others commented it is, the case may not be the same for everyone.. u can also end up like me.. shelling out few ks at a go to have the same problems return within a week of getting the bike back. Also do not leave ur bike alone wif the bike diam and have the works done to it out of ur presence. u will not know whether the work was done ornt. I admit I'm taking another gamble now by leaving my bike in this current bike shop. I hope I did not make the wrong decision.. Lastly, when in doubt for works done, dun hesitate to ask questions to the mechanic. If still in doubt, seek a 2nd opinion frm another reputable bike shop. den again, luck will also play a huge factor in whether we can get the good and value for money service and parts we all desire. So I wish all fellow bikers gd luck and ride safe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone can recommend of bikers point at west coast is good ?? if good who should i find ???

thanks !

jeremy aka lanman

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/lanmansg/fsc/bost-10-1123936846.gif

Game StarT

how to be a "small man to a "BIG MAN"???

anyone can recommend of bi***s p**** at west coast is good ?? if good who should i find ???

thanks !

Think twice before patronizing any shops. I had a bad experience with them on several occasions. I don't go back anymore.

The owner ahs4m from west coast recommended me to do a $600 overhauling for my TA200 when it was rectified by a cam chain tensioner change. Their EO and brakepad doesn't last long on my previous bike too.

Personally I think their prices are exorbitant, and recommends you to use lower priced products for their higher margins. To save time, if you stay near go for them for temporary measure.

Big bikes definitely want to stay away from them.

Just my 3 cents worth perspective.

workers of peace

Just wanted to share my experience at 219 motorshop design...TERRIBLE. I'm just going to cut the story short. CB400 spec 1 here btw.

I went to do decals on my rim. They hardly have mechanical knowledge to simply remove the wheel from a motorcycle. I know their specialty isnt in this area, but given that they might have to do this at some point, shouldnt it be expected that they at least know how to remove a wheel? They needed 4 men just to remove my rims. And they didnt even remove the calipers before taking down the wheel until i have to tell them. Also, looking at them trying to squeeze back every single part back into its place by brute force worries and pains any bike owners im sure. I'm no mechanical expert that is why im paying for people to do it.

When they pushed my bike out of the shop i just didnt felt right, so i did a check. Wow, rims mounted in reverse direction, disc brakes in wrong position. They had to repeat the process 3 TIMES just to get the position right. and when i moved off, my brakes started to screech. Just so you know, 2 weeks before I sent my bike to 219, i changed my front wheel bearing at Planet motor, so they checked the stuffs in the front including the brakes. So no problem, no sound. fantastic.

That guy from 219 ( I think he's the boss) even had the cheek to show attitude and tried to push away all fault. He said even if he were to hold the disc brakes up high and slam it on the ground it would never have bent. Not sure how true is this, but highly doubting it. Oh ya, did i mentioned that he didnt even apologise for the entire incident? When i was about to leave he just simply made his way back into the shop.

This sort of attitude... can you, as a paying customer, take it? I posted comments on their facebook page and THEY BLOCKED ME, and even tried to be saracastic about it! This is THE worst business etiquette i ever seen.

This entire incident ended at 12am. (Bike was supposed to be ready at 9pm). After this entire **** experience at 219 motorshop, i sent my bike the next day to Planet motor just to get everything back in place. ( 219 lost a part of the brake calipers, suppose to hold the pads in place).. I must share this with you to make sure either they change their attitude, or us bikers can just go on to the shop a couple doors away. 219's workmanship isnt that great anyway. the stickers on my rims are peeling a little on the sides already.

You guys decide to put your bike in 219's hands or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose you're doing rim decals right? Why would they need to remove your rims?!

Just wanted to share my experience at 219 motorshop design...TERRIBLE. I'm just going to cut the story short. CB400 spec 1 here btw.

I went to do decals on my rim. They hardly have mechanical knowledge to simply remove the wheel from a motorcycle. I know their specialty isnt in this area, but given that they might have to do this at some point, shouldnt it be expected that they at least know how to remove a wheel? They needed 4 men just to remove my rims. And they didnt even remove the calipers before taking down the wheel until i have to tell them. Also, looking at them trying to squeeze back every single part back into its place by brute force worries and pains any bike owners im sure. I'm no mechanical expert that is why im paying for people to do it.

When they pushed my bike out of the shop i just didnt felt right, so i did a check. Wow, rims mounted in reverse direction, disc brakes in wrong position. They had to repeat the process 3 TIMES just to get the position right. and when i moved off, my brakes started to screech. Just so you know, 2 weeks before I sent my bike to 219, i changed my front wheel bearing at Planet motor, so they checked the stuffs in the front including the brakes. So no problem, no sound. fantastic.

That guy from 219 ( I think he's the boss) even had the cheek to show attitude and tried to push away all fault. He said even if he were to hold the disc brakes up high and slam it on the ground it would never have bent. Not sure how true is this, but highly doubting it. Oh ya, did i mentioned that he didnt even apologise for the entire incident? When i was about to leave he just simply made his way back into the shop.

This sort of attitude... can you, as a paying customer, take it? I posted comments on their facebook page and THEY BLOCKED ME, and even tried to be saracastic about it! This is THE worst business etiquette i ever seen.

This entire incident ended at 12am. (Bike was supposed to be ready at 9pm). After this entire **** experience at 219 motorshop, i sent my bike the next day to Planet motor just to get everything back in place. ( 219 lost a part of the brake calipers, suppose to hold the pads in place).. I must share this with you to make sure either they change their attitude, or us bikers can just go on to the shop a couple doors away. 219's workmanship isnt that great anyway. the stickers on my rims are peeling a little on the sides already.

You guys decide to put your bike in 219's hands or not.

Sent from BlackBerry Smartphones®

• 1 month later...

Date: 01/07/12

Shop Name: T*** In Motors

Address: Yishun

Phone Number:

What service/product did you purchase?

Service my bike there last time but no more

Level of service: 4 (talk many times to the mechanic, which he doesnt reply or even look at you)

Level of knowledge: 5 (like to anyhow say things spoilt, go other well known bike shops all say dont have that kind of problems)

Level of value for money: 4

How happy are you overall? 8

What makes this shop commendable? (give details..)

Their service way too good, always recommand parts to you even when you dont need it!

and They does towing too. Call them if you want to tow your bike when you are already so depressed, good point is they scare your phone reception is bad and you cant hear so they will shout it out loud in an pekchek voice to you:)

Edited by Weiilun
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag154/Weilun_Francis/2014-06-06034112_zpsdcd8af42.jpeg

Date: 26/11/02

Shop Name: A***** M****

Address: Bukit Merah Lane 1

Phone Number:

What service/product did you purchase?

Bought a 2nd hand FS plate SP from them, they charge mi $5000 including 2nd party insurance which was around $620+& charged mi 8% interest for 3yrs!!!

Level of service: 6.5 (b,cos veri slow)

Level of knowledge: 7.5

Level of value for money: 5

How happy are you overall? 6.5

:

For me, I would give

Level Of Service: 1 (told me to come collect bike at 11am, waited 6hours after that till 5pm. at 3pm the mechanic told me that all that's left to do for my bike is for the seat to be fix on and I'm ready to go, but he went off and buy coffee, chatted with his colleagues and waited till 4.55pm and took 5mins to put on my seat.) I waited with my friend like two idiots. That was the first time I bought a bike there, an FT plate TZM when I first got my licence at jan last year.

Level Of Knowledge: 1 (Due to my TZM Valve won't open when i throttle, I was forced to ride at extremely low speed. when asked him about it, he told me that the valve will only open at 11000rpm. And because I'm still clueless about bikes at that point of time. I believed that story)

Level of Value for money: 1 (Bought my TZM at $3800, but due to the overwhelming amount of problems, had to go fixed it. Can't remember how much I spend, engine overhaul, 2t wire not attached, brake pads not installed, crooked brake disc, piston crack, coolant modified into a water bottle, spoilt foot rest, crooked main structure, Coolant not even working engine always overheat and got stuck on highway almost all the time! =D Can't believe how much I got hacked.

So, Overall I think this shop is VERY COMMENDABLE. Superb service, Knowledge and value for money. Seeing is Believing! Try it! I'm SURE you'll love the shop!!

P.S Two Of my friends bought a superfour and a kr150 respectively at the shop, my friend riding the kr got so pissed at the bike he scrapped it, I scrapped mine too. The one who bought a superfour, towed the superfour just two days after he bought it. and had to leave it at the shop for 2 months till he get it back. I'm so impressed with the shop that it's still surviving.

Edited by DarkTycrax

• 4 weeks later...

Happy with Planet Motors, they don't tell you to fix/install/do up unnecessary things. Had a tire puncture, Planet plugged it for me.

Some other bike some in autobay (which offers bike wash) told me to get a new set of tires. They cooked up some cock-and-bull story about how my bike very difficult to find the correct size tires, then sold me some cheap crap tires which were overpriced by $40. I had an accident on those tires. Never going back there.

Happy with Planet Motors, they don't tell you to fix/install/do up unnecessary things. Had a tire puncture, Planet plugged it for me.

Some other bike some in autobay (which offers bike wash) told me to get a new set of tires. They cooked up some cock-and-bull story about how my bike very difficult to find the correct size tires, then sold me some cheap crap tires which were overpriced by $40. I had an accident on those tires. Never going back there.

Care to share which shop is this? Wouldnt wanna get into an accident! Can PM me..

i got the idea of which shop ur referring to but now at autobay there got two bikeshops tat offers bike wash...one is snow wash and the other offers full groom..

went to one of them to spray my fork...end up unnecessarily change clutch cable, brake lines, steering cone, throttle grip, second-hand motivation balancer and strongly advice me to change my tyre cuz they are out of shape which i didn't heed of cuz...till now 6 mths later the tyres are still spinning fine

but got to say their hel brake line much cheaper than their famous next door neighbour though :cheeky:

'97 CB400 F3V (NC31) :cool:

the snow wash place. quite pissed with them.

actually only one of my tires was punctured, it was good quality tire. i though maybe can just patch it up. they say no, not safe. ok sounds fair enough, so i thought, my front tire is fine, change rear tire can already. then they say, oh, there's no stock for just the rear tire. and if you use diff tires, also not safe. then they act like very difficult to find tires for my bike, pls lah. 17 inch rims, 90/90 and 100/80, very hard meh? finally they 'found' a wonderful set of tires which could match my bike. but the quality compared to my original set cannot make it. later on i found out that outside selling $40 cheaper for the same crap tires.

i could have just plugged my tires for $5 instead of going to their place for bad advice, spending hundred over dollars on lousy tires. which caused me much trouble.

actually only one of my tires was punctured, it was good quality tire. i though maybe can just patch it up. they say no, not safe. ok sounds fair enough, so i thought, my front tire is fine, change rear tire can already. then they say, oh, there's no stock for just the rear tire. and if you use diff tires, also not safe. then they act like very difficult to find tires for my bike, pls lah. 17 inch rims, 90/90 and 100/80, very hard meh? finally they 'found' a wonderful set of tires which could match my bike. but the quality compared to my original set cannot make it. later on i found out that outside selling $40 cheaper for the same crap tires.

i could have just plugged my tires for $5 instead of going to their place for bad advice, spending hundred over dollars on lousy tires. which caused me much trouble.

I agree, people are starting to realize their chopping techniques and bullshitting story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, ytd had been a very sad day for me. I accidentally drop my bike 2006 Fazer 600.The headlight and front fairing is scratched and damage. Where should i send my bike for repair? any recommendations? anyone have any ideal how much will it be to replace the headlight cover and front fairing?

pm me the place to see whether we r thinking about the same place can?

Had a good experience as usual at unique toh guan . Have been going there for servicing since cbr days. As usual no hurries to do my bike , advice me on the problem and even though I was already the last customer there and they are closing , they still don rush through . Ups for

Unique !

Kawasaki RR 150 FW6323L

Honda Wave R 125 FZ440E

CBR FireBlade 400 FJ5075C

Suzuki GSXR 600 FBB67Z

Yamaha FZ1N FBE4949L

Honda Wave R 125 FW3665

Suzuki Hayabusa FBG****K

:cheeky: