SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Tiam Rating

Guest AdamAndEve

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GP motor? now at macpherson road right? by buddy got a bad bike from them. =X

That guy say will give a good service before going out on road. holyshyt. my buddy only rode for few days and less then a week and feel weird, he go back and ask why,

they did minor adjustment. wierd on braking weak, clutch lever no spring feeling, hard to kick to neutral.

After a week, i intro him to my usual visiting reliable bike shop at ubi.

Neutral gear hard to kick, open the clutch housing area.. 2 piece metal put wrong place, one metal plate wear off. best part was saying.. change new eo for him.. but the eo came out is like black-browning.. not really brand new eo.. just for riding a week will the eo coming such a color? wtfish right?

and we look at the bike, seem okay. actually not, the rear swing arm alr bengkok, the owner buang before i guess. sadly, my buddy need to fork exchange to change for safety issue. alot more to state..

new rider, or buyer, please give a good look before buying from them. =X

No One In This World Is A Virgin. Cause Life Always Fcuk You Over and Over Again. Rides: 05May13~ NSR SP FQ **** X 2 stroke power! 05May15~ RVF400 FQ **** D V engine power! 04Jun16~ YZF-R1 FBG **** M Xplane power! 26Nov16~ LC135 FBC **** J SPARK big bore! 03Mar18~ BMWGSA F **** D GSR1200ADV! 23Apr20~ CB400 Bold'r FBC ***** J inLine4

• 6 months later...

Name of Shop : AIS Motor

Mechanic : Ah Huat

Items : Cheapo 125cc Stator coil probably worth about $35 sold me for $65

Magneto gasket $5

Labour $20 !!! for installation

Knowledge : Ok

Skill : Ok

Pricing : Higher

Attitude : Lousy, at first Ok but after knowing that I know about parts cost he basically said this is yr only time coming here no need to come back as he got many bike to service got no time. Complaint that labour charge only so little so no extra service , checking , nothing.

Edited by fishlipps

Motard Man >> MZ Motorradd << where can i get one ?

(con'td) + PLus more

Attitude : After enquiring more about other services , now that he knows i know about other shop price & svcs , he says he is no experienced and dunno how to do all the quotations I asked him for. wat a wish to turn away a potential future customer

Edited by fishlipps

Motard Man >> MZ Motorradd << where can i get one ?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to share my experience at Aprilia (Ubi):

Went to the above store to look at the Aprilia SR Max 300. From many, heard that the seat height was high and therefore asked if I could take it off the mainstand but was told "cannot" because it will scratch the floor. Wasted my visit there.

You decide whether is it valid or not.

Then I wrote to the company and was replied with an apology.

So I guess the motor tiam is ok but the salesperson had his own rules.

To whoever visiting the store, now you know and don't let the sales guy BS you.

Cheers

Dear fellow scooterist, beware when dealing with Mark Yeow.

This is a true story of mine and people who wants to deal with him deserve to know what kind of person you are dealing with especially with your bike.

My nightmare begins when I have entrusted my scooter with him last sept. Paid deposit of 250sgd and left it at his then workshop located at Ubi. Kept giving me excuses when I asked him about the repair status.

I felt something is not right and went over to Ubi workshop and found out he have moved out and my scooter was missing. Had a hard time getting him to pick up my call. When I finally found him, told me he have shifted to Kaki Bukit. A fellow friend warned me that he had a track record of dishonest behavior and apparently he was served writ of summon for over charging his client. (Enclosed link)

It just coincidently the writ of summon was served at the same time he shifted to kaki bukit which I believed he was force to due to the writ seizure.

Long story short... to summarise.

1. He moved my scooter without informing me.

2. I demanded a refund and was lied twice that he did transfer the monies he owed to me.

3. I lost my 2 helmets; one of which was an Italian Vespa design helmet bought from Italy.

4. At the end, my beloved scooter have to be scrapped due to COE expired.

This is not a defamation and I standby my statement and I have all the records, pic, SMS to prove when needed.

I have been patience and even give him some time to sort out his mess as long as I am able to get back my deposit which he never delivered. I rejected his offer to meet him at his workshop to settle today unless the monies he owed me was transfer back to my account. I have been lied more than twice and by his untrustworthy actions.

I will proceed to authorities and bring this case to small claim court.

• 3 weeks later...
guys, never really contributed to this thread as services obtain weren't exactly out of the world nor particularly bad. However, yesterday think i experienced one of the "by-far-the-best" experience i had..

last tuesday went to unique kaki bukit to fit some hella horns on my wave125r. darn was it loud.. long story short.. it was fitted behind my wave center cover and buzzing occurs during driving.. it wasnt loud rattling.. but more or less it was still audible and i was quite irritated by it..

so yesterday i headed down to unique toh guan to change my EO and spark plug. i was attended to by a young mechanic and casually mentioned about the buzzing. after the change of EO and spark plug he opened the center cover up to investigate where the buzzing came from.

what surprised me was:

1) i mentioned it was installed at unique kaki bukit, but didnt have any receipts or anything to prove it. no calls to kaki bukit were made to confirm this. typically for most shops, i believe unless the mech remembers you, they will ask for a receipt print out to justify any labor cost if applicable.

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION(joy of riding) as opposed to verifying previous installation was from their shop.

2) I thought it will be an "open-up and cable-tie everything operation" like a simple fix. but no, my entire hella system was removed.. relocated entire wiring within the center cover, fabricated new brackets for the hella horns.. (fabricated from 6.5"x0.75"x0.2" metal plate and those dont come cheap)

PROFESSIONALISM(no short cuts)

3) the system was plug up, tested repeatedly, steering was checked to see if any wiring obstructed the rotation. after all these was done, the center cover was not closed. I was asked to have a look and see if i'm satisfied before closing. That to me was the big part, i dont see alot mechs getting their customers involved in the process, this to me is important. the vehicle is yours, so you should dictate how you want it to be. secondly, knowing how everything is lay out increases your technical knowledge of the vehicle and allow you to remedy any problems if it occurs.

CUSTOMER INVOLVEMENT

4) i was asked to pay $12 bucks for the castrol eo and regular spark plug package. not a single cent more for the hella horns, nor the fabricated brackets.

AFTER SALES SERVICE

in summary, i paid $12 for a 5-min service (EO and Spark plug change), and the horn re-installing was approx 45min. very very very satisfied with the outcome.

thanks unique,

Chris.

That sounds like a very positive experience!

Had many instances of poor to barely decent experience with workshop mechanics.

Even the better ones may not entertain you well when they have way to many bikes to service...

Maybe the second mechanic was too ashamed that mechanics like the first one exists that do a half past 6 job on people's bike.. So he's got the integrity to fix customers problem.

However, I still think the biker thanked the wrong party. The thanks should be given to the mechanic, not the shop. Since it's technically the same shop. Just saying..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Anyone know of any servicing shops or workshops around the Orchard/Somerset/River Valley area? Or anywhere nearest to that location?

I was hoping to head down during lunch to service my bike one of these days.

Thanks in advance!

U can can ah koon's bike shop at blk 61 lengkok bahru. Honest fella but you might need to wait as he's the boss and the mechanic

• 1 month later...

Bike Image Motor Trading

466 Upper Serangoon Road

Product purchased: Servicing and Top Overhaul

The reason why I frequent this shop is because firstly, my home is super near that shop. And second, the uncle/mechanic is super friendly and knowledgeable.

When I first got my bike (TA200), I didn't really know much about bikes. I went overseas for a week and left my bike at home. Nobody started the bike for me and as a result, the battery died when I came back. Push start my bike and went there. The uncle told me that he wanted to try charging the battery first before replacing it to see whether it can be salvaged. After 2 hours, I came back and he told me that have to change battery. So I proceeded. Paid $60 ( I think, was very long ago) and waited 10 mins and done. He gave me some advise before I left.

I came back for servicing which consists of change of EO (fully synthetic), sparkplug, and air filter for a total of $45.

After which, I had to do a top overhaul. As the uncle spoke Chinese to me, I didn't understand fully what was going on cause my Chinese really CMI.(Don't worry, he knows English and can speak it fairly well) I called the previous owner of my bike to talk to him. In the end, he help me negotiate to $600 from $680 for top overhaul. Even the previous owner said that he sounded pretty legit and friendly even through the phone! So I proceeded with the overhaul cause I had no choice.

The uncle is honestly really friendly and feels very fatherly. Have never seen him with a black face before! Even with all that grease hahaha

Edited by ZenMan

• 2 months later...

Planet probably doesn't need my vote of confidence - but Ah Chong has been one of the most fair-priced mechanic I've ever encountered. Service wise i would give a 9/10. His guys cleaned out my front sprocket area (with brush and diesel and the entire drive chain area before installing the new sprockets and chain. Speed wise 9/10. Mechs i went to last time take hellava time to replace even without the extra cleaning offered by Chong's team. Entertainment 10/10 - that is if you keep an open mind with Chong's antics and his loud voice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wah, new year, everyone busy no one rate motor tiam liao.

Anyway, just relating another experience at Unique Motorsports, toh guan outlet. I previously posted one before, so here's the second one to correlate. this is gonna be a long post.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/67899-Motor-Tiam-Rating?p=8016685&viewfull=1#post8016685

Some context, I'm working out of country, therefore, I do leave my bike unridden for a couple of months at a time. Just a simple wave 125.

Back from 2 month of not riding, and the wave started without a hitch. It did feel a little clunky but all felt fine, so i brought it to Unique for changing of EO and spark plug, usual stuff. 2 months of EO confirm spoil or something, better to do preventive maintenance ma..

So yesterday afternoon, rode the Wave to Unique Toh Guan, saw Winston busy servicing another bike, so had a slight chit chat with him. I related to him of my circumstances, where my bike stands unridden for months on end and wanted him to do a run through of any probable faults.

I had time, and i preferred Winston so i waited, and not long after, Winston came over, took over the keys, and started the Wave up. He caught on to the chunkiness of the engine, which i felt earlier but brushed off as a "2b bike is like that one la" kinda thing.. 5 mins later of a running engine, and he brings me over, torch in hand.

He showed me something that probably would've saved me if not caught in time. The exhaust valve cover was dripping oil, not leaking, dripping.. Imagine if the engine oil leaks and covers the rear tire resulting in a skid, or if the leak is so drastic, there isn't enough oil to lubricate the engine and it seizes..

He proposed, lets do an engine flush, get whatever is in there out, and do a top service to check out the leak.. No problem, i gladly agree, preventive maintenance is way better than hospital bills.. I think the decision was easy to make on my part also due to prior experience with Winston..

Customer involvement.

An or two hour later, my engine top was split wide open.. Everything was being checked and stuff that needed to be changed was noted.. Some stuff were essential to change, others were more of a preferable option.. the choice was mine alone to make, no hard selling from Unique or Winston.. Its the type of service a customer should get in my opinion, where the service personnel list the facts, options and probable outcomes, and lets you make your decision.. no scare tactics to get customers to make more purchases or anything of that sort.. Another reason why i prefer Unique and Winston..

Customer satisfaction.

So i told Winston, to kindly get it out asap, mainly because i'm heading overseas soon again.. Winston mentioned that he will try to rush it out by today, if parts and all do come in as planned.. with that, and the list of items to be changed, i left for home leaving my bike with them..

Transparency.

An hour upon reaching home, I get a call from Unique's sales person, he listed me the quotations for all the charges, of which i take note.. So a quick tally with Unique's site pricelist, shows me everything quoted was as advertised or lower.. No bullshit quotes, the kind where "if you didnt see the online promo or anything, then i'm gonna carrot you more" kinda thing.. This is another reason i still remain a Unique customer, online pricelists are updated timely, quotations never differ from advertised..

I was advised that my bike will probably be ready the next day afternoon, which is today.

Punctual.

Got the call at 2pm, stating my bike was ready for collection. It is important to me about punctuality, I don't like sitting around waiting for calls, wondering if I should eat my lunch first, or later. Its the little things, but Unique does keep their timing rather well.

Attention to detail.

3pm came, and i arrived at Unique toh guan to pick up my bike. First thing i notice, my top block is matte silver, LOL.. in my two years of owning this bike, i've never seen it matte silver before.. they cleaned out my top block and stuff. Furthermore, a quick chat with Winston reviewed that he also checked the systems and ensure everything was in optimum condition. one thing that really got to me was when i checked my chain.. I use chain wax most of the time.. and you guys who use it know what i mean by that **** is hard to clean off.. I can easily say that the chain has half a year of gunk on it, with multiple layers of chain wax coated over chain wax.. Guess what, Winston cleaned and re-lube my chain.. 2 years of oil grim and wax coated rims cleaned.. essentially as far as i can tell everything was cleaned.. furthermore, my rattly fairing wasn't rattling anymore.. Price i paid was exactly as quoted and not a cent more..

I know this is a long post, but i just couldn't state well enough for the service Winston provided me with.. my previous post has resulted in Winston being more busy and less opportunities for me to attain his service, but none the less, credits should be given where credit is due..

With that, I wish to thank Unique and Winston for the service provided. Do send my regard to your wonderful mechanic.. You've secured a loyal customer.

Warm regards,

Chris.

Vibrating bikes gimme the vibes...

Suzuki DRZ400SM M 2009 [FBD^@#$H]- 22 May 09' -

Girls are nothing but the Devil's minions..

Honda NSR150SP [FU&$^)C]- May 08'- Feb 09'

stick and stones dont break my bones...

[/img]http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx240/giamhe/Picture-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...