SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Tiam Rating

Guest AdamAndEve

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard a lot of good reviews for Looi's for motorbike sales. How about servicing wise?

I need to do a full service, change of sprockets and chains for my bike and am still scouting for a regular motordiam. :smile:

unique motorsports (toh guan). i think they are good. but sometimes a bit slow la, then dont have every bike parts, once you need it then they find out they dont have it, they will ask their riders go kaki bukit branch to fetch some parts.

Excellent customer service

-You can ask them anything under the sun. They will always try to answer your questions. They will treat you with respect unlike some motodiams who are arrogant.

-Everytime I service my bike there, I'll get a free drink :cheers:

Trustworthy

-HL Cycle is a trustworthy shop. The mechanics are skilled and efficient. Feel free to ask the mechanics any questions.

-Of course they will not sabo your bike. Your bike will be treated with utmost care.

I went there because of all the positive feedback in this forum,

the last time i went there... no doubt... friendly , good customer service...

but when come to bill payment... your jaw will drop...

found out they charge me double than what others charge...

i was a blur cock then... first timer... don't know anything , kena chop carrot...

the salesman, keep telling me how good the motor oil is..

made in italy, bla .. bla... so i give a try, and was disappointed to find out it does not suit my bike... sigh... :cry:

well, never try never know.... learnt my lesson...

Planet Mxxxr the best ! Ah Chong scolded me when i wanted to change some unnecessary parts... he asked me don't anyhow waste money... hee... :cheeky:

brought my bike to him for TOP Overhaul... Very reasonable price... GREAT ! :D :thumb:

Edited by Baja Hitam

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to Looi's motor. Just bought a S4 spec1 from Senior Lee, himself. Not the cheapest, but the buying experience is good. After sales is good too, my bike was attended after 10 mins of waiting to fix the stiff back brake. No BS, no nonsense. Thumbs up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I heard about a A.C. Motor at Serangoon north ave 4. Is it good at servicing scooters? Mine is an sym excel II bike. Price wise for this shop?

A.C. Motor is really good at electrical stuff. price wise is ok, as in normal.

Take note.. he has shifted to kaki bukit rd 2 first east centre... 2nd floor.

I heard about a A.C. Motor at Serangoon north ave 4. Is it good at servicing scooters? Mine is an sym excel II bike. Price wise for this shop?

A.C. Motor is really good at electrical stuff. price wise is ok, as in normal.

Wah! So near my house!

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Maybe I should start one myself too, with regards to the different bikes Ive used.

Workshops/Motor Tiams/ Whatever names you call them that Ive been to for the past 6 years and their rating/comments:

Hua Chin: Overall Rating - 6 (Initially was ok. Depends on which mechanic. The fat one sucks. After kena chopped once or twice, nvr gg there again unless for simple maintenance).

Unique Motorsports (Toh Guan) - 8 (Fixed Prices, Friendly sales/mechanic. Sometimes they don't have parts and have to order, need to wait a bit longer, will tell you which parts are spoilt but won't ask you to replace unless really have to).

ExcelCycle - 7.5 (Only serviced there twice so far but mechanic very friendly, knowledgeable and prices quite ok. Not many parts available)

A.S.Phoon (Toh Guan) - 6 (Simple servicing, after sales not so good. Price is ok. Don't stock up parts either).

Albert - 5 (Been once or twice. Not very friendly).

HKL - 7.5 (Can be a bit ex. Some mechanics are good, some are not. Have most parts).

Sunrise - 7 (Generally ok for Gilera/ Scooters. Cheaper than going to other places for servicing).

Future Scootering - 6.5 (Service and knowledge is good from the boss. But be careful, he has a glib tongue and good at sales).

Forgot where other places Ive been to. Will post more once I do. This is from my personal experience.

2006 - 2007 WR200 FP1**1R

2007 - 2007 Wave 125R FZ1**3M

2007 - 2009 DRZ400SM FBC2**8U

2010 - 2012 Gilera VXR 200 FBB4**0C

2011 - Present YZF-R6 FBF7**2C

http://www.inmotionsg.com

Please never buy anything from Global Motors at Ubi Industrial park. They promised that they have this particular bike model and wanted me to put down $1k deposit. Luckily I only put in $300.

I have to call them 1 week later to ask for status and only for them to tell me that they don't have the model. I had to call them consistently but the salesman refused to pick up.

Finally when I went down, they say that if anything, I need to pay them another $500 for them to release my I/C. SIAO AH!

Called the police. They lan lan have to return my I/C but say my deposit is non-refundable. Now I'm making a CASE report.

I have a question. Let's say i give a negative review of a shop. And they threaten to sue me for defamation. How does a review equate to defamation?

Edited by crazydj

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• 1 month later...
I have a question. Let's say i give a negative review of a shop. And they threaten to sue me for defamation. How does a review equate to defamation?

taken from web :

def·a·ma·tion   /ˌdɛfəˈmeɪʃən/ Show Spelled[def-uh-mey-shuhn] Show IPA

noun

the act of defaming; false or unjustified injury of the good reputation of another, as by slander or libel; calumny: She sued the magazine for defamation of character

speed and be home 5 mins early or 7 days late.