SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

ST11 vs ST13 vs FJR13

jerryGSR

Which bike would u settle down wif? Why?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which bike would u settle down wif? Why?

Hi Thomas,

I bought the bike liao loh. So far it has no problems.When test riding, I rode it for like 15 min and rev till redline :)

Thanks!

Endless,

Ok, something have to tell you. You can rev until the redline. But look out for the FI light on the right hand side of the dash. If it starts to light up, means that there is something wrong with the bike/ECM.

Thomas28

STOC#5870

FBB5423X

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Is there any body know who can do the programming of the HISS key cheap? I have the blank key and cut the key liao. just need to program it.

thanks

Past Ride since 1995 : Aprilia RS125, Honda Steed, Honda Shadow 1100 ACE, Honda ST11 0 ABS, Honda S4 VTEC 1, Honda GoldWing GL1500. Honda GoldWing GL1800, Yamaha Spark 135LE, Honda STX1300 ABS, B.M.W (Bus. MRT, Walk), SYM MaxSym 400i

U need the RED Key (Master-key) in order to do the programming. Check yr manual (if u have one)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

izzt not the auto type la, just something like the cruise control if i m not wrong or u can ask in the FJR thread.... :cheeky: or u ask N@kano

wah fjr more ex is it..is it cause it is the auto type.(not sure the right name)

fn328k.multiply.com/photos

Life is short, Ride hard..........

If the FI light lights up, means the ECM reading some problem with the bike.

bro wat do u mean by the light will light up and wat causing this??

It could be the FI may have some malfuction due to the excessive revving. You can refer to the owner's manual on this for details. Very useful info.

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

surprise nobody say 'y must change to touring after settledown?' :D heehee...

jk bro... personally i rode st... great bike... touring near and far no problem... 3 hours on the bike come down still feel good... :) have not ride fjr tho... but alot ppl say better as it lighther and feel more powerful than st.. well its boil down to wat u want and the budget i think :)

:p

• 3 weeks later...
It could be the FI may have some malfuction due to the excessive revving. You can refer to the owner's manual on this for details. Very useful info.

Bro,

The FI light come out not because of over revving. By right, FI light should be blinking if there are any faults detected on the bike thru the sensors on the bike. But, in my case, it is not true, the FI light came out cause the ECM is spoilt. Therefore, the best thing to test a second hand bike, if you want it, is to rev the bike while on mainstand until 4,000 rpm, hold it there for 10 secs and see whether the FI start blinking. If no blinking, the bike is ok.

If it is blinking, check how many tiem it blinks (e.g. 1 long blink, 2 fast blink is considered as fault 12), better be either ready to spent some money on the bike, if not get a new bike.

Anyway, this inform will not be able to find in the Owner's Manual. It can only be found in the workshop manual for the bike.

Thomas28

STOC#5870

FBB5423X

• 2 weeks later...
Bro,

The FI light come out not because of over revving. By right, FI light should be blinking if there are any faults detected on the bike thru the sensors on the bike. But, in my case, it is not true, the FI light came out cause the ECM is spoilt. Therefore, the best thing to test a second hand bike, if you want it, is to rev the bike while on mainstand until 4,000 rpm, hold it there for 10 secs and see whether the FI start blinking. If no blinking, the bike is ok.

If it is blinking, check how many tiem it blinks (e.g. 1 long blink, 2 fast blink is considered as fault 12), better be either ready to spent some money on the bike, if not get a new bike.

Anyway, this inform will not be able to find in the Owner's Manual. It can only be found in the workshop manual for the bike.

Bro ,:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

...By right, FI light should be blinking if there are any faults detected on the bike thru the sensors on the bike. ...If no blinking, the bike is ok.

If it is blinking, check how many tiem it blinks (e.g. 1 long blink, 2 fast blink is considered as fault 12)...

I experienced the blinking FI light on my ST1300 and I came away even more impressed by the technology behind on the ST1300 :thumb:

Details of the blinking FI light at

http://loudexhaust.blogspot.com/2007/09/st1300-stx1300-fi-light-my-bike-so.html

29 Mar:

2009 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Owner's Review

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

www.RiderAsia.com Safety site for motorcycle riders

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.motorcyclingblog.com/media/images/vijesti/061212004.jpg

Find the very interesting review and comparison of the Kawasaki 1400GTR vs the existing (FJR, ST1300, K1200GT, R1200RT) in the January issue of Bike magazine.

I have posted partial extract of the magazine's comparison and included my own opinions at:

http://loudexhaust.blogspot.com/2008/01/tourer-comparison-gtr-vs-fjr-vs-st1300.html

:thumb:

29 Mar:

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

• 2 months later...

can anyone tell me, which is less bulky & more ease (stx & fjr) for shortie like me at 1.65m....?? i m scratching my head which 1 to choose as both bike i have to tip toe almost to the end...n it gif me the lack of confidence to handle these machine wf my size esp when in heavy traffic..... my fz6 seat is high, bt ix nt so heavy n i trim the cushion abit.

1998-1999 Aprilia RS125 Replica '06 FN8XX7

1999-2001 Honda CBR400RRR '98 FQ7XX9

2001-2001Honda CBR929RRY '01 FT8XX0

2004-2005Honda CBR600F4i '01 FT5XX0

2004-2006 Yamaha sparkZ '04 FY6XX9

2006-2008 Yamaha Fazer600 '06 FBA8XX5

2008-XXXX HONDA STX1300 '08 (ABS) FBC5XX4

can anyone tell me, which is less bulky & more ease (stx & fjr) for shortie like me at 1.65m....?? i m scratching my head which 1 to choose as both bike i have to tip toe almost to the end...n it gif me the lack of confidence to handle these machine wf my size esp when in heavy traffic..... my fz6 seat is high, bt ix nt so heavy n i trim the cushion abit.

Both STX and FJR are actually amongst the lowest sports tourers, so you should have no problem with either. Both should be lower than your FZ6 and you might be able to tip-toe with both feet. The STX has a 3-height position seat and at its lowest setting, should be slightly lower than FJR. The STX is about the same height but lighter than the previous ST1100. I know of several ST11 guys of similar statue as your indication and there is this famous SheBiker who rode her ST1100 to China.

29 Mar:

loudexhaust.blogspot.com