SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

ST11 vs ST13 vs FJR13

jerryGSR

Which bike would u settle down wif? Why?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which bike would u settle down wif? Why?

Both STX and FJR are actually amongst the lowest sports tourers, so you should have no problem with either. Both should be lower than your FZ6 and you might be able to tip-toe with both feet. The STX has a 3-height position seat and at its lowest setting, should be slightly lower than FJR. The STX is about the same height but lighter than the previous ST1100. I know of several ST11 guys of similar statue as your indication and there is this famous SheBiker who rode her ST1100 to China.

Just to add in something, the '06 and above models of the FJR1300 have a bracket under-neath the seat, which u can remove, and substantially reduce the seat height. i believe a friend, happy_cookies is roughly ard 1.65m or slightly shorter, has been riding it for more than1 year plus, no major issues :thumb:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd prefer STX for the looks and comfort, don't really like the looks of FJR. If there were not STX, I'd go for a FZ and put side panniers instead of getting the FJR still ;)

Just to add in something, the '06 and above models of the FJR1300 have a bracket under-neath the seat, which u can remove, and substantially reduce the seat height. i believe a friend, happy_cookies is roughly ard 1.65m or slightly shorter, has been riding it for more than1 year plus, no major issues :thumb:

hi, tks for input n@kan0 & endlessloop.

I have tried both bikes on their lowest setting wf pillion, bt i still tip my toe until the "tip of my toes". probaly my legs a shorter den those guys at the same height...haha.... anyway, juz order a STX, will trim the seat cushion. :rolleyes:

1998-1999 Aprilia RS125 Replica '06 FN8XX7

1999-2001 Honda CBR400RRR '98 FQ7XX9

2001-2001Honda CBR929RRY '01 FT8XX0

2004-2005Honda CBR600F4i '01 FT5XX0

2004-2006 Yamaha sparkZ '04 FY6XX9

2006-2008 Yamaha Fazer600 '06 FBA8XX5

2008-XXXX HONDA STX1300 '08 (ABS) FBC5XX4

I recently got hold on a STX1300. Have driven a number of bikes from sports (suzuki RF900) till scrambler Yamaha TTR-250.

Although I do not have any experience with the FJR13 neither ST1100, what i like about the STX1300. Seat hight adjustable. (myself 1.9m). Fast response of the throttle. Fast acceleration. Engine-gears-drive train, very very smooth and powerfull.

Easy to adjust the rear suspension from very hard too very smooth. Cornering is impressive for this size of bike.

Windscreen adjustment, quite handy, use it actually quite a lot. Taking a phone call while driving (bluetooth), some protection during heavy rain.

Looks; the sideboxes are well integrated, unless most of the other bikes, who drive around looking like having some pillows attached to the sides.

I do not like the front view of the bike, but the lights work perfectly and are adjustable. (Furthermore I am not the one who is looking at the front).

Finally i must say I like the V4 engine compared to the inline 4.

Otherbikes might be faster, but flat out straight forward does not require much skill. Now taking Corners that's what I like about riding bikes, and that is what the STX does very well (IMHO). Since I am not the person that corners at around 200 km/hr any talk about so-called "speed wobble" does not concern me, neither if the bike can reach 230 or what ever.

A lot of Torque at low RPM's is more interesting.

The Kawasaki 1400 GTR will compete directly now with the ST1300 and FJR 1300, all the reviews i read from US and European forums rave about this bike.

ST 1300 and FJR 1300 have been in the market for years, hundred of reviews had been made, nobody will be interested if review about them again.

mctan

ST 1300 and FJR 1300 have been in the market for years, hundred of reviews had been made, nobody will be interested if review about them again.

True about the review but most interesting is the comparison with this GTR 1400 as a new player.

If you ride a GTR or ZZR 1400 we want to hear from you at www.kawa1400.blogspot.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

how reliable is the ST 11 , i believe it is the longest bike on road among all the other 3.

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

• 1 month later...

FJR 08 model is ard 26-27K OTR..road tax ard $230 while insurance stuff depends on age.

The basic color for FJR:

- Black

- Red

- Dark Blue

- Light Grey

- Silver

Total Limited Edition:

- Desert Gold

- Gun Metal (rather limited coz riding 1 now)

A real GREAT BIKE..there's Speed,Comfort and Style.wat more can u ask for?

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

FJR 08 model is ard 26-27K OTR..road tax ard $230 while insurance stuff depends on age.

The basic color for FJR:

- Black

- Red

- Dark Blue

- Light Grey

- Silver

Total Limited Edition:

- Desert Gold

- Gun Metal (rather limited coz riding 1 now)

A real GREAT BIKE..there's Speed,Comfort and Style.wat more can u ask for?

Thks Bro for the info if im not wrong the road tax ard $230 is for 6 mths rite and where's the best shop to buy and normally u guys do servicing at which shop or directly go to the agent.......:)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys like to ask FJR can change the exhaust and nw there is market have it for FJR.... But is it STX1300 have it:confused: Pls advice mi if i wrong....:sweat:

http://www.motorcycle.kuarto4.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2011-yamaha-fz1-motorcycle1.jpg

hi guys like to ask FJR can change the exhaust and nw there is market have it for FJR.... But is it STX1300 have it:confused: Pls advice mi if i wrong....:sweat:

Bro,

Saw in the website http://www.kneedraggers.com and they have Two Brothers Slip on for ST1300. Think most of the STX owner quite reluctant to change because the stock exhaust looks cool with the triangular end pipe.

Two Brothers Racing C2 Dual Slip-On Exhaust - Honda ST1300

Two Brothers offers three distinct canister shapes to choose from:

* C2 - small oval

* C4 - traditional round 4.5" diameter

* C5 - large oval

* and the new M2 V.A.L.E for select bikes.

All of the canisters perform and sound the same because all of the canisters feature the same 2.25" Stainless Steel Spiral Power Core. The core is what controls the power and sound, not the shape or material of the canister.

The canisters are simply different styles. They all incorporate Two Brothers' exclusive technology and premium construction material. The different exterior shapes allows you to choose the one that best fits the style of your motorcycle.

Most people prefer the C2 (small oval) with smaller sized motorcycles like 600cc machines, while others prefer the C5 (large oval) with larger sized motorcycles like 750cc or 1000cc machines. For those who prefer round canisters Two Brothers offers the C4 (round) canister.

twobrothers exhaust for ST13.jpg

S-Line

STOC#7567

BUFFERING: Give yourself space. People driving cars often just don’t see motorcycles. Even when drivers do see you, chances are they’ve never been on a motorcycle and can’t properly judge your speed.

• 1 month later...

One of the choices for STX aftermarket exhausts is two brothers from Motoworld..i heard the sound b4...Bow wow loud!!!

me no money for STX!!!!~~~~

if dat time got $$$ should be riding STX liao!!!

anyway just done a full service by micheal cheong. great job, bike reponse very fast and also solved my engine noise which the ST spec say is nothing!!! n chop me 5k for just respary of fairing n change to a 2nd hand front disc (only 1) and rebuild my front fork!!!.....

• 4 weeks later...
me no money for STX!!!!~~~~

anyway just done a full service by micheal cheong. great job, bike reponse very fast and also solved my engine noise which the ST spec say is nothing!!! n chop me 5k for just respary of fairing n change to a 2nd hand front disc (only 1) and rebuild my front fork!!!.....

pardon me, can i know who is michael cheong and where is his shop?

thanks in advance.

Slow Rider

• 2 weeks later...