SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

ST11 vs ST13 vs FJR13

jerryGSR

Which bike would u settle down wif? Why?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which bike would u settle down wif? Why?

Guest veefer
Originally posted by Xiaohei@Apr 6 2005, 09:46 PM

just brought the bike the machine price is $27500. :lovestruck:

Thanks. Which shop you bought from?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Xiaohei@Apr 8 2005, 07:02 AM

I brought it from Wing Fuat Trading Co and they take the bike from boon siew. :smile:

hey bro... u trade-in ur deauville for STX????? retain no. plate rite???? good choiceEE :thumb:

Congrats broo~

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by kona@Apr 4 2005, 09:22 AM

how come no one talk about the ST11?? its a humble and hardworking touring bike...thought its still the all-time favourite among tourers??

True True...

I personally still prefer my ex st11 compared to my present fjr ... :smile:

Originally posted by SpEr@Apr 28 2005, 09:26 AM

True True...

I prefer my present STX compared to my previous FJR...

They may both be called tourers, but they are very different bikes.

<span style=\'font-family:Ariel\'>The Difference between Men and Boys is that the Boys think the size of their Motorcycles has something to do with being a man.

Iron Butt Association#23842

Originally posted by SpEr@Apr 28 2005, 09:26 AM

True True...

hmmm...how come leh? FJR not as comfort as ST although the power is better?

How's the petrol consumption between this 2 bikes? perhaps can exchange bikes liao..haha :sweat:

Originally posted by hsp_89@May 1 2005, 01:07 PM

hmmm...how come leh? FJR not as comfort as ST although the power is better?

How's the petrol consumption between this 2 bikes? perhaps can exchange bikes liao..haha :sweat:

You see...

If you have too much torque.. there will be no comfort ... comsumption wise... i am using around 17 to 20km/ litre... :smile:

Originally posted by endlessloop@May 4 2005, 10:59 AM

Is there a ST13/ST11 owner's group in sg?

Is there a ST13/11 website in sg?

You can always see a group of ST11 on wednesday nights at LC Food Court at Katong...

Belonging to the STOC Singapore.

:smile:

• 10 months later...

My personal opinion. If you have the money, go for the STX1300, which is more expensive than the FJR. While it is more expensive, if you are looking for a good sports tourer, STX has the added refinement that justifies its premium.

If you have more basic needs for a sports tourer and not so fussy, and value lower cost, than go for the FJR, as it is a highly competent sports tourer. Being produced by Yamaha, it is no slouch at all and is as reliable as other Yamaha bikes.

If you examine the pricing and features of both bikes, Honda and Yamaha do position these the bikes these way.

If it were my personal choice, I will go for the STX.

No other company on this planet has more experience and more success than designing, producing and refining full sports tourer (GoldW) and sports tourer (ST11). All these experience and successful ingredients don't go to waste and are only further refined in the STX.

To say things from an extreme angle, if you want to go for a sports tourer, and you trust Honda, then Honda may know what you would eventually need in a sports tourer over the long-term than you do initially.

Do most real touring bikers need fully adjustable suspension both front and back? I had a couple of bikes with fully adjustable F and B suspension, including a full fledge sportsbike, and I would say most people don't even use 50% capaibilities of the adjustment. Most people are better off leaving them in stock setting than setting wrongly.

Is horsepower that is available at very high rpms useful to a real touring biker? Or is strong silky smooth torque at low to mid rpm more useful over the long-term during day long touring with your misses on your back?

Wobbling at speed above 200kmh? It will happen to any object at a sufficiently high speed with a sufficiently high profile. Why more pronounce on the STX than on FJR? Could it because the STX has got a bigger and taller windscreen that protects you from highspeed windblast at 200kmh? Anyway, if you are looking to tour at prolong stretches at above 200kmh, is the FJR and STX the right bikes for you in the first place? But if you are doing typical touring speed that is atmost 180kmh, then both bikes are extremely stable and you would like the one that gives you good windprotection so you stay fresh and comfortable all day long.

Having done all the ko yor selling for STX, I must say in the end, it is still the individual preference's need. That is why not everyone buy STX and not everyone buy FJR. They are both very good bikes. I am riding a Yamaha bike now and it is good. Both being such good bikes, you are spoilt for choice and the more impt is to know yourself.

29 Mar:

2009 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Owner's Review

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

www.RiderAsia.com Safety site for motorcycle riders

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

STs.... :thumb:

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...