SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

Anyway i have the same problem before. I open up my seat and discover water on top of my battery cover. This battery cover is made of rubber not sure if it is a standard issue.

:offtopic:your side any NEA officer come to ask check for Dengue? Since we stay in the same area should have la :cheeky:

:offtopic: so far no leh. Dont scare me hor...my wife will be paranoid if it gets near to my place. Anyway sms me if bad news arise. Thanks :bow: ;)

mean time...back to the water leaking topic.... :D

http://i42.tinypic.com/wqslfr.gif

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway i have the same problem before. I open up my seat and discover water on top of my battery cover. This battery cover is made of rubber not sure if it is a standard issue.

:offtopic: so far no leh. Dont scare me hor...my wife will be paranoid if it gets near to my place. Anyway sms me if bad news arise. Thanks :bow: ;)

mean time...back to the water leaking topic.... :D

:lol: we change location to here

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157319&page=43

If your bike had been parked in the rain before, chances are that the foam in the seat has been soaked (through the seams) The water at the battery area may be leaking from the soaked foam.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

hey bros i got a question. today i parked under super hot sun(no choice, there wasnt any shelter). it was super hot until i cannot even sit on my bike. and my stock grip was looking shiny/wet because of the sun.

the worst part came when i want to start my bike, can start, but the sound was totally off, as in i can feel the exhaust choking, and my engine wasnt even warming up properly ..and whenever i try to throttle up, i think i felt as if my engine was having trouble moving..throttle wise wasnt even responsive, i tried switching bet on and reserved also not much diff as i just pumped yest. and checked there's still alot of fuel. anyway, throttle wise, i cannot even go low speed, everytime i throttle harer, the bike will just surge forward gaining speed fast.

so what could be the problem?

overheating from the sun?

it normal after i cooled it down under shelter for a couple of hours.

dark mode, or light mode?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/one8tytwo/125ziblack.jpg

125zi

hey bros i got a question. today i parked under super hot sun(no choice, there wasnt any shelter). it was super hot until i cannot even sit on my bike. and my stock grip was looking shiny/wet because of the sun.

the worst part came when i want to start my bike, can start, but the sound was totally off, as in i can feel the exhaust choking, and my engine wasnt even warming up properly ..and whenever i try to throttle up, i think i felt as if my engine was having trouble moving..throttle wise wasnt even responsive, i tried switching bet on and reserved also not much diff as i just pumped yest. and checked there's still alot of fuel. anyway, throttle wise, i cannot even go low speed, everytime i throttle harder, the bike will just surge forward gaining speed fast.

I think its a case of knowing there's an encyclopediac forum to fall back on, or over-paranoid over things, which leads back to the former.

It's normal i guess; TA200s are air-cooled. Cool air should mean smoother rides. Correct me if im wrong, guys.

I have the best signature.

Hi guys, i have a problem with road tax / insurance.

I just got a 2nd hand bike and my roadtax starts today. Howver my insurance started on 25th June, so the receptionist said i cannot get 1 year road tax because its beyond my insurance expiry date, only can purchase 6 months.

In this case, what happens after 6 months? can i renew my roadtax before its expiry date so that the 6 months can end together with my insurance expiry date?

Forgive me if the above is unclear...

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

Hi guys, i have a problem with road tax / insurance.

I just got a 2nd hand bike and my roadtax starts today. Howver my insurance started on 25th June, so the receptionist said i cannot get 1 year road tax because its beyond my insurance expiry date, only can purchase 6 months.

In this case, what happens after 6 months? can i renew my roadtax before its expiry date so that the 6 months can end together with my insurance expiry date?

Forgive me if the above is unclear...

This is easily solved go into your insurance company or agent and talk to them..... u can pay a small amount and they will adjust the policy renewal date so its the same as your road tax ...(3 days wont cost much or anything at all if the agent is a good one) that way next time u can do it for 6 months and next year you can get the years insurance.

the worst part came when i want to start my bike, can start, but the sound was totally off, as in i can feel the exhaust choking, and my engine wasnt even warming up properly ..and whenever i try to throttle up, i think i felt as if my engine was having trouble moving..throttle wise wasnt even responsive, i tried switching bet on and reserved also not much diff as i just pumped yest. and checked there's still alot of fuel. anyway, throttle wise, i cannot even go low speed, everytime i throttle harer, the bike will just surge forward gaining speed fast.

what you suggest can happen but its actualy the hot HUMID air inside your bike cause a condensation type reaction in your air filter if its dirty and chokes that causing the effects you described. Have only seen it a couple of times i would suggest maybe a new air filter.

This is easily solved go into your insurance company or agent and talk to them..... u can pay a small amount and they will adjust the policy renewal date so its the same as your road tax ...(3 days wont cost much or anything at all if the agent is a good one) that way next time u can do it for 6 months and next year you can get the years insurance.

mine is NTUC income insurance..ok will ask them and post here again, thanks for the help snailexpress :)

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

Hi guys,

Just now i was going around 90 then the bike lost power then it slowly slowed down..i keep changing lower gear 4th..3rd.. but the throttle wont work...bike just kept slowing...i stopped by the roadside and changed to reserve fuel and managed to start the bike again...when i went to petrol kiosk to pump, it only pumped 7.4 liters instead of 9 liters which i thought is the main tank capacity? ...is this normal? and does the petrol flow to the reserve tank because i read from the manual during pumping have to change back to "ON" position for fuel tank instead of reserve...

Thanks for the help !

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

wonder if he felt the choking effect when he realised it had a "loss of power" due to lack of petrol.

Ps: I wonder how much for a ta200 battery at lab :confused: need to dig out the price list and find

There is only 1 physical tank. The reserve is just a lower inlet tube.

oh i see, thanks for clearing it up.

JB, what do u mean the choking effect? the throttle suddenly got weaker and weaker until cant throttle at all...but 1-2 mins before that i could feel like my throttle at 4th gear already starting to have no power...i thought it was the slope...is this the choking feeling?

btw, is there anyone who is familiar with the maintenance of the bike? i am thinking of doing an excel program to make it easier to remember what needs to be changed etc..., right now i only have (change spark plug/EO/air filter) ... please add me at [email protected] , just need a few hours to get the info and do up the sheet...dun mind sharing here once done...:p

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

yup, that's the out of fuel sign. main tank is 9L provided u topped up till the brim. if u just hit reserve, then go pump petrol, insert the pump all the way in (the nozzle hit the covering metal plate of your tank) then u'll be pumping ~7L (depends how much u have gone into reserve) before the petrol pump triggers auto-stop...

choking effect as though the bike is "coughing", try riding with your fuel knob turned to "off" in a carpark first PROVIDED you know how to turn it to "ON" in case you need it. You have been warned ;)

Practice how to change to fuel knob from to while on the bike without stopping, this will help greatly & will be safer too. You don't wanna run dry on the lane 1 of the CTE during peak hours.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

:lol: phantoms should not be on the first lanes :giddy: my phantom is a loyal 3rd/4th lane bike :p though most of the times in the left lanes, I find my bike ahead of those who hog the 1st to 3rd lanes :cheeky:

i am thinking of doing an excel program to make it easier to remember what needs to be changed etc..., right now i only have (change spark plug/EO/air filter)

You may want to add the FC function:

[(Bike Mileage when you pump in current period) - (Bike Mileage at previous pump)]/(Amt. of Petrol Pumped in current period) = Fuel Consumption

and

A cell that extrapolate from your average FC to provide a mileage target when you would expect the need to top up.

It's fun to monitor and allows you play around with riding style and bike configuration to get to know your band of Fuel consumption.

Cheers

:lol: phantoms should not be on the first lanes :giddy: my phantom is a loyal 3rd/4th lane bike :p though most of the times in the left lanes, I find my bike ahead of those who hog the 1st to 3rd lanes :cheeky:

That's another one of your stereotypical discriminations o_O

I have the best signature.

oh i see, thanks for clearing it up.

btw, is there anyone who is familiar with the maintenance of the bike? i am thinking of doing an excel program to make it easier to remember what needs to be changed etc..., right now i only have (change spark plug/EO/air filter) ... please add me at [email protected] , just need a few hours to get the info and do up the sheet...dun mind sharing here once done...:p

Hi Zhi Min

I have attached a table of things to check and inspect, probably before long journeys or when you feel smth wrong.

For things to change and when you refer to phantom manual pgs 30-31.

Hope you are enjoying the bike.

Cheers

T-CLOCSInspectionChecklist.pdf

I just love the looks, feel and sound of an old good Guzzi, though it has been around since the time of my Grandfather. I guess "they" don't do things like that anymore! Well it's not true.

"They" still do URALS

erm i not riding phantom anyway but i am interested to change to phantom soon but i need some info like the FC , speed , maintenance...etc

thanks

anyway i riding sp currently

phantom get to 100-110 km/hr difficult ? and will vibrate alot

i know phantom is not mean for speed but i just asking

thanks alot

erm i not riding phantom anyway but i am interested to change to phantom soon but i need some info like the FC , speed , maintenance...etc

thanks

anyway i riding sp currently

phantom get to 100-110 km/hr difficult ? and will vibrate alot

i know phantom is not mean for speed but i just asking

thanks alot

Consumption wise phantom ranges from 39-40km per liter if 60-70km/h

90-100 km/h it can drain at 36-37km per liter. This was on my bike.

If you tend to accelerate, harsh pick up etc then expect lower, even 30 -33 km per liter.

A well maintained phantom has no problem going at 100-110, especially a lean one such as no boxes, windshields, side racks. It's a real beauty cruising at that speed, smooth, steady yet relaxed.

If you intend to get one may as well change with JB. Obviously he has gotten the wrong bike;)

Personally I enjoyed every single day with it, alone or with other riders.

Cheers

I just love the looks, feel and sound of an old good Guzzi, though it has been around since the time of my Grandfather. I guess "they" don't do things like that anymore! Well it's not true.

"They" still do URALS

ohh although i riding sp right now haha but i quite envy those who ride phantom hmm anyway if i get phantom from shop ( no money got to COI) which are the thing i have to take note ?

and what is the price for phantom anyway in term of plate

Buy from shop expensive. Especially *SP**N. i think if you can find pricing of 1k-2k quite ok liao. If i were you, shop offer me 2k++ i wun take.

I bought mine for around 2.4k now i want to sell, market price about 1.5k - 1.8k nia...

Btw, i selling my bike. Need someone to COI. Please refer to the link if interested. No need to pay me money.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196996