SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

wow..need license to buy alcohol..?? i must say u have to look very cute to need license to buy alcohol....:cheeky:

they dont even bother to look at me for buying alcohol...must be my ugly face..:cry:

License is just a form of Photo ID.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carrefour at PS is out of Total Brand EO! I change every 1500km - so I"m looking for the range of EO that is budget yet decent.

Any recommendations for other brands of Semi-Syn EO that we can buy and DIY for our Phantom?

a chong fav...NASA 20-40 semi....not sure jaso ma approved...

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

:offtopic: sorry - rental of bikes & cars overseas besides our photo-driving license is the international driving permit issued by AA a must ?

Guys pls check bec i read somewhere certain countries insurance does not cover U if u dun hv this international driving permit.

When i was last in the US - i made the rental company do the insurance policy to cover this matter.

HP: 93891138 :angel:

It wasn't a must to have International driving permit in the state.

Driving licence and or driving permit got nothing to do with insurance. Driving in the united state without insurance is not uncommon.

It's better to have full coverage insurance when you drive in united state, better still if you include the coverage for uninsured motorist. The total premium for the insurance can be more than the vehicle rental rate, so don't be surprise.

Ya but my point is if u rent & cover yrself with insurance ( regardless of price ) but the insurance is not valid if we dun hv this international driving permit. Pls take note of this matter ..........

Of course, if u dun wan insurance coverage then it does not matter.

HP: 93891138 :angel:

More information about rental and or insurance matter can refer to the following car rental link http://www.alamo.com/ generally when renting a vehicle in united state, the minimum require you to have Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), it's common practice in state, and it's not insurance.

Also I think if you use Amex to pay the car rental, you can ask amex to cover you with a flat rate for the insurance and it's much cheaper rather than paying for the CDW, that's one of the service provided by Amex.

When I rented a Harley in US, they asked for proof that I am licensed to handle a large capacity, heavy motorcycle. I just showed them my Singapore Class 2 license & that was sufficient.

I do have the international driving permit issued by AA, but have not found it necessary in the US. My Singapore license has been sufficient for me to rent cars/bike & buy alcohol :p

Thanks kaimh!

I asked, because I noticed that in the International License permit, there were no bike Class restrictions stated. But I guess they might check my sg license.

Hi guys,

Has anyone applied for International Licence before?

My question is for my 2B license. The staff at AA Singapore told me that this International Licence allows me to drive/ride all classes that my SG licence can in approved countries.

But since my bike licence is only 2B, does the

Thanks!

Most countries in the developed world now will accept your SG licence for 12months then you have to get theirs if you intend to stay long so now days no need to get an interational licence.:thumb: .

and a 2a or b licence they wont rent u a harley in the states. :( need a 2

Top Gear!!! Must go dl and watch~!!

Ok.. its all abt cars and one of the 3 presenters hate bikes while the other 2 loves them. But i tell you... its the best car variety show out there man... Great cars, great car experiments, fantastic hosts and their antics are really really funny.

They've finished season 10 a few months back and season 11 is starting late June. Dl the past episodes through bit torrent from HERE.

Oh start from season 6 onwards. The early seasons weren't that interesting.

and another good thing is you can get free streaming of some episodes from bbc.net or something ;)

Hey yo got another question re tyre pressure.

Anyone using the Metzeler "soft compound" LaserTec range of tyres $150 from planet? I just saw the ratings for the front rear tyres print at the side is "Max Load 200Kg @ 260Kpa cold..." So far I see that we only pump like 200-220... but this tyre rate inflation till 260... should i follow that or what...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

Anyone using the Metzeler "soft compound" LaserTec range of tyres $150 from planet? I just saw the ratings for the front rear tyres print at the side is "Max Load 200Kg @ 260Kpa cold..." So far I see that we only pump like 200-220... but this tyre rate inflation till 260... should i follow that or what...

That is the LIMITING MAXIMUM pressure. Usually there is no need to pump to the max unless you fully load your bike all the time.

Note that tyre pressures are usually stated as cold pressure i.e. measured when the tyre is at ambient temperature.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

That is the LIMITING MAXIMUM pressure. Usually there is no need to pump to the max unless you fully load your bike all the time.

Note that tyre pressures are usually stated as cold pressure i.e. measured when the tyre is at ambient temperature.

Hmm... so it means that if i wanna pump slightly below this limit and i have to ride 1km to the neareset kiosk its ok to pump @ 260kpa? cause air has already expanded?

Does anyone knows ah chong's recommendation of tyre pressure for this set of tyres?

Hmm... so it means that if i wanna pump slightly below this limit and i have to ride 1km to the neareset kiosk its ok to pump @ 260kpa? cause air has already expanded?

Personally, I do not think that a 1km ride will warm up the tyres to running temps. Its still "cold" to me.

Generally, 210~220kPa front & 220~230kPa back for Phantom should be ok, regardless of what tyres are using. May I ask why you are so keen to pump the max pressure?

BlackDawn aka kiamh

Lol no la just confused... understand now liao... Its when fully loaded to the max, the tyre pressure max at 260kpa

Lol no la just confused... understand now liao... Its when fully loaded to the max, the tyre pressure max at 260kpa

Its actually not as direct as that. For simplicity, just use the range stated in my previous post & you should be fine.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

Its actually not as direct as that. For simplicity, just use the range stated in my previous post & you should be fine.

Alrighty thanks very much ! :thumb:

Hi all , Any idea what is the sense of water leaking near the air filter ?

I have no idea what is the leaking cause by that ... any enlightenment ??

thks

Maybe from the previous rain fall. :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/wqslfr.gif

by right TA200 shouldn't got any water leak out right especially near air filter there ... :cheeky:

well, you said it...go figure then :p

Maybe you should try and remove your seat and find out. Who knows you might just discover that you got a pond under the seat that breeds dangue ..... :D

http://i42.tinypic.com/wqslfr.gif

Hi all , Any idea what is the sense of water leaking near the air filter ?

I have no idea what is the leaking cause by that ... any enlightenment ??

thks

hmm don't really know which part you refering to, any pics?

well, you said it...go figure then :p

Maybe you should try and remove your seat and find out. Who knows you might just discover that you got a pond under the seat that breeds dangue ..... :D

:offtopic:your side any NEA officer come to ask check for Dengue? Since we stay in the same area should have la :cheeky: