SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

Trade in the sp and than top up. In my opinion is much cheaper buying from private seller in the forum or classified.

Bike shops have too many fine prints to cover and T&C are always in their favour.

Bring a friend who knows about engine, piston and likewise. Ask clearly what the price includes such as transfer, road tax, insurance and admin fees.

You can check the sticky threads by Metalfyre coz he has touched in details. another thread is under legality issues at the main forum.

All the best

P.S. Seriously ask JB if he wants to change bikes.

I just love the looks, feel and sound of an old good Guzzi, though it has been around since the time of my Grandfather. I guess "they" don't do things like that anymore! Well it's not true.

"They" still do URALS

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah i saw ur post of selling ta200

my sp still COI =/ if my sp still under COI is it difficult to change bike ?

if i change to phantom i think i will all the way ride untill i get class 2 then see got money change to class 2 or not

That's another one of your stereotypical discriminations o_O

Agree +1 o_O

wah liew, I'm telling the truth ma. Its just like why lorries shouldn't be on the 1st lane, and why others say its okay :D

Buy from shop expensive. Especially *SP**N. i think if you can find pricing of 1k-2k quite ok liao. If i were you, shop offer me 2k++ i wun take.

1k-2k usually older and condition oh well :rolleyes:

wah liew, I'm telling the truth ma. Its just like why lorries shouldn't be on the 1st lane, and why others say its okay :D

It is true that it is your opinion and that is that. It is by no means a universal truth.

So, if Phantoms 'should not' be on the 1st lane, what bikes are is the 'should' category & what bikes are in the 'should' not category? Care to share your wisdom?

Should I be riding on the 1st lane with my bike? or is it my personal choice & totally unrelated to the bike I ride?

Just because you choose to ride in the left lane doesn't mean others 'should' do the same.

NB: This is me being frank again, no offence meant, yeah?

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

hahaha no vehile should be in the 1 lane unless overtaking...thats the official view...anyway...just look at peak hrs or any time...nobody cares...do you??

well..i think the singaporean mindset (i may be wrong) is do whatever u want but dont get caught......hhahaa where do i learn this ,,ya all young men will learn this when they are sacrificing the best 2 years of their life..

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

Thanks MarvelStone and Mamduh !

I always keep left simply because at 60km/hr, my wallet can be abit thicker :p

12 Jun 2008 - Class 2B

28 Jun 2008 - Honda Phantom TA 200 (COE 11/3/17)

17 Jan 2009 - Class 3

27 Oct 2009 - Class 2A

28 May 2016 - Yamaha Fino 115 (COE 04/8/24)

9 June 2017 - Honda CB400 Spec 2 (COE 02/1/23)

Thanks MarvelStone and Mamduh !

I always keep left simply because at 60km/hr, my wallet can be abit thicker :p

60km/hr on the expressway? u gotta be kidding bro :bouncefire:

dark mode, or light mode?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/one8tytwo/125ziblack.jpg

125zi

It's nothing wrong with 60-70 on E-way, as well as is nothing wrong with 100.

Each to his/her own.

Once one becomes confident then he can master his bike at higher speeds.

Thank God there at least four lanes to share so if in hurry can just overtake.

I just love the looks, feel and sound of an old good Guzzi, though it has been around since the time of my Grandfather. I guess "they" don't do things like that anymore! Well it's not true.

"They" still do URALS

hi, im riding a ta200.. would like to ask a newbie qs..

recently i have a slight problem on accelerating from gear 1.. and it usually happens just after i start my bike or at the 1st few stops of a journey..

when i throttle from stationary position.. wanting to move off in gear 1..

the engine will die off.. and there's a Pssss.... sound from the engine..

this happens the very moment i throttle..

all the while my left hand still holding on the clutch handle fully..

its only after 2 - 3 tries of restarting engine, throttle, and Pssss... then the engine goes back to normal..

could this be due to faulty spark plug?

thanks.

It is true that it is your opinion and that is that. It is by no means a universal truth.

So, if Phantoms 'should not' be on the 1st lane, what bikes are is the 'should' category & what bikes are in the 'should' not category? Care to share your wisdom?

Should I be riding on the 1st lane with my bike? or is it my personal choice & totally unrelated to the bike I ride?

Just because you choose to ride in the left lane doesn't mean others 'should' do the same.

+1.

Dont compare with lorries. They're not encouraged to travel at such lanes mostly due to the load they carry and the possible hazards for other road users.

PS: jB, i think discrimination against Phantoms 'should not' be repeated (nor exaggerated) by you especially in a community for Phantom riders and Phantom Knights. At the very least, mention its your opinion for such posts. Cheers.

I have the best signature.

IMO Bikes that can pick up fast enough and buzz off to the other lanes when other faster approaching vehicles come from behind :D Nobody should stay in the 1st lane unless overtaking/emergency.

IMO Your bike should be okay since it should have better power:weight ratio compared to the phantom, being on faster lanes are risky because of the need to e-brake asap or swerve out of lane; with a risk of course.

IMO Its not that I choose to ride in the left, I can't help it because I feel bad hogging the other lanes when I'm only at 80-100km/h. Still I'm being tailgated on the 4th lanes at times with that speed :sian:

with Smiles,

:]

+1.

Dont compare with lorries. They're not encouraged to travel at such lanes mostly due to the load they carry and the possible hazards for other road users.

PS: jB, i think discrimination against Phantoms 'should not' be repeated (nor exaggerated) by you especially in a community for Phantom riders and Phantom Knights. At the very least, mention its your opinion for such posts. Cheers.

dude the reason I compare normal street bikes with cars/vans is because of their power:weight:handling:braking distance ratio and our "cruiser" bike to lorries because of power:weight:handling:braking distance too. Never have I exaggerate any of the flaws mentioned by me. I do have reasons stated why. Well I will mention IMO and have edited my last quoted post.

For those who understand my reasoning will smile,

:]

+1.

basically dun look down on phantom leh,its not that bad:sian:

and yeah with smiles keke

The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment
:thumb:

IMO Your bike should be okay since it should have better power:weight ratio compared to the phantom, being on faster lanes are risky because of the need to e-brake asap or swerve out of lane; with a risk of course.

The moment when all of us chose a 2-wheeler as our main form of transport, & every morning when we straddle our rides, we have silently agreed to assume that risk. Being on a slower lane is 'safer'? I beg to differ, it just brings with it a different set of risks.

IMO Its not that I choose to ride in the left, I can't help it because I feel bad hogging the other lanes when I'm only at 80-100km/h. Still I'm being tailgated on the 4th lanes at times with that speed :sian:

It is still your CHOICE to ride in the left lane, don't say that traffic conditions made you do it... that is just deceiving yourself. Everything we do is a concious choice. We may have valid reasons to do so, but it is STILL a CHOICE.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

P.S. Seriously ask jB if he wants to change bikes.

I will never set myself for a 2b "sportbike" unless I've the spare cash, but I'll still settle for the old/new rs125 even so. Unless the SP comes cheap to be as a toy ;)

recently i have a slight problem on accelerating from gear 1.. and it usually happens just after i start my bike or at the 1st few stops of a journey..

its only after 2 - 3 tries of restarting engine, throttle, and Pssss... then the engine goes back to normal..

thanks.

warm up your engine...use the choke if need too...

i believe your engine idling speed is slow..try moving that up..

and still cannot...your fuel/air mixture too lean...

if after doing all that and still has problem...too complicated a problem to be solved here..

good luck..

maybe if u are free drop by at THE CLINIC on 12 JULY 3 pm..more infor please go to the clinic thread

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

The moment when all of us chose a 2-wheeler as our main form of transport, & every morning when we straddle our rides, we have silently agreed to assume that risk. Being on a slower lane is 'safer'? I beg to differ, it just brings with it a different set of risks.
We take risks dude, calculated risks. Like slow riders get run/knocked over in the "slow" lanes or riders who clear their meters constantly are ironically still alive today. But that is just the bad points mentioned by me, those reading should be able to figure out the good points w/out quoting me :cheer:

It is still your CHOICE to ride in the left lane, don't say that traffic conditions made you do it... that is just deceiving yourself. Everything we do is a concious choice. We may have valid reasons to do so, but it is STILL a CHOICE.

1) We should keep left unless overtaking; you can call it a TP law

2) refer to 1

3) try it and you'll know, being on the slower lane could get you faster to your destination at times on a phantom :cheers:

[quote=jB;442050

1) We should keep left unless overtaking; you can call it a TP law

2) refer to 1

3) try it and you'll know, being on the slower lane could get you faster to your destination at times on a phantom :cheers:

yeah..evry one got choice whether u want it..or know it..

but if your machine cannot keep up with the flow of the traffic of course go to a slower lane..that is common sense..

but really a choice is made unconsiously or even involuntary..

thats not only good traffic manners it keeps the traffic moving and less stresses on the road..ie=less accidents

enjoy your ride man..everyone is correct here..the virtual world where every one is correct...you can only disagree and not pass uneccesary negative personal comments unless u waht that hurled into your preety faces too..

chilled out man...as some would say..

The legend lives on..have a A&W>>>nice ah:cheer:

yea yea.. coney dog, root bear float and curly fries! I still dun see why it didn't work out well in sg... hm...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

warm up your engine...use the choke if need too...

i believe your engine idling speed is slow..try moving that up..

and still cannot...your fuel/air mixture too lean...

if after doing all that and still has problem...too complicated a problem to be solved here..

good luck..

maybe if u are free drop by at THE CLINIC on 12 JULY 3 pm..more infor please go to the clinic thread

thanks mepkoh.. :)

i will try increasing my idling speed.. i never use the choke b4 coz everytime the bike starts the 1st try, at most 2nd try. For past few months, moving from gear 1 was always ok. Jus that recently this problem occured.

will check out the clinic..

while u are at it...check your petrol for sign of rust / water....this will make starting difficult and bike need to warm out to run smoothly...also dont forget to look at the air cleaner/filter..they are prone to sweating may need to clear up the condesation in it...

thanks.

Your idle maybe too low or the carburetor tuning maybe out (too rich).. good to let ah chong re-tune for you. If you have problems starting your bike, as in the starter motor can't crank the engine or a ticking sound occurs at the right trapezium chrome cover, your batt is dieing. The Psss... sound you described is a normal sound yr bike makes whenever the engine stalls.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

I was wondering: if you put a car in first gear and release the clutch (slowly), the car will roll on forever without throttle, driven by the idling engine. Can it be done with bikes in particular the Phantom? I tried but the bike slowed down until the engine stalled. Are bikes designed as such?

if u think about it, idle is just "auto-throttle"... if ur idle is high enough, sure can move off... :sweat:

when u release the cluch, the running friction of the clutch will try to slow the engine down. if ur idle is low, then inertia 1 - engine 0, and vice versa :)