SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wha my phantom stall at SLE juz now.. when it started to pour.. dunno spark plug wet or carb flood... anybody can help?

Bro, this thread might help.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191666

Most phantom related issues has been sliced and diced multiple times, one way or another. Try backtracking a few pages on the forum to mine the gold :)

my super4 rack, ah cheong charge me 20$, coz had to remove tail fairing and cut some space for rack.. :( or just simply goes up as ERP, fuel prices

look on the bright side mate ;) at least there wasn't any display above any "gantry" showing how much you are gonna be robbed :cheeky:

i was hoping to diy.. save a few bucks :cheeky:

If it is difficult to DIY, i just send it to a mech..

DIY is enriching to the brain but somewhat troublesome, you decide ;)

I have a bottle of FP60 with me , got it few days ago..

yet to see any effects on my bike after 3 caps on the initial dose and 2caps on 2 full tank pump .

it says user the lowest octane petrol - i used esso 92 and felt that my bike was going slower than ever.

what was wrong?

"power : fuel consumption" ratio dude? btw I use a few litres of 95 in singapore else 98, good power : Fc ratio :D

They don't check at all ;) perhaps for the benefit of those bikes with a much smaller tank or bigger fuel consuming bike that might not make it over to the other side ;)

hey pks out there.

just now i went to check my air filter(the one on the left chrome casing), and there's EO at the bottom of it.

not alot, but managed a few drips when i swing it towards the floor to force drip it.

i dont think its normal right? cause ive been having high FC for the last few tanks compared to last time, i can easily reach 350-400. sometimes when my riding style is aggressive, its about 320-350.

then now, hardly touch 300. its been 250 and 280 for the last two tanks(i pumped 9-10l everytime)

could it be the air filter and maybe carb?

If it is wet and dirty, DIY with a new one, cost $10 from LAB, it will improve your FC

God in his wisdom will protect you

:pray:

If it is wet and dirty, DIY with a new one, cost $10 from LAB, it will improve your FC

thanks brother!:D i suppose those $10 from lab cannot DIY clean it too, right?

dark mode, or light mode?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/one8tytwo/125ziblack.jpg

125zi

how much do u want to save up?

ofcuz u can clean the used air-filter with air compressor, but after effects like backfire or choking will be there compared to new air-filter.

infact, air filter needs to be changed only 3-4 months time, or get K&N, no need to change at all...

even LAB 10$ filter cause backfire on replay's ex-phantom...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

ofcuz u can clean the used air-filter with air compressor, but after effects like backfire or choking will be there compared to new air-filter.

infact, air filter needs to be changed only 3-4 months time, or get K&N, no need to change at all...

Well said kmax:clap:

K&N , no need to change doesn't mean don't need need to clean, still need to buy recharge kit for cleaning:cheeky:

God in his wisdom will protect you

:pray:

paper filter not recommended to be clean and reused once is clogged...

cleaning with compressed air may puncture filter.end up fouling your carb,valves and making your fuel mixture lean..in future if u own a turbo charged engine dont stint on the filter..the tiny dust particle can cause air bearings failure in the turbo charger..

foam filter are reusable..clean with soap-dry-reoil with eo..TA150 uses foam filter:cheer:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hmm okay thanks.

any other solution to why there's EO in my air filter box? its jsut at the bottom part of it.

dark mode, or light mode?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/one8tytwo/125ziblack.jpg

125zi

haha dude, there's a limit still to K&N filters :lol:

Is it alright to top up Sem-Syn EO with motorcycle mineral oil? Suppose that both have the same multi-grade (15W-40).

I foresee the oil wearing out faster because of the overall lower quality.

Anyone with experience?

Cheers

Mineral oil is the basic EO....you cant go wrong with this...just that needs to change at a faster interval...best for DIY...

those who use all sorts of synthectic oil have to be careful...especially engines with wet clutches.. wrong type of oil will end up with degraded clutch and perfomances in your bike...

Phantom has wet clutches..so using this mineral oil, as i said will not go wrong.

another reason is that for old bikes i personally prefer to use mineral EO

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hmm okay thanks.

any other solution to why there's EO in my air filter box? its jsut at the bottom part of it.

there is no reason to have EO in your air filter..(esp. for paper air filter)..it is very unlikely that the EO comes from your engine...just imagine EO from sump to cylinder pass rings to air intake valves..pass the carb and into the air filter..if it does i am sure you will have problem getting the bike to run smoothly in the first place.

most probably the GUMS u see comes from the environment...the bike could have been ridden in a dirty environment..may be from all the nasty fumes on the road..ie at immigartion check point..,,at dusty road/junctions..

for foam filters as found in TA150...a little eo is added to the foam filter..

the last time when i clean it...droplets of condesation..maybe eo too was found all over the place in the air box...

I usually pay extra for the topup of 0.2l EO at the shop just as a precaution. So far, after 2 changes, the EO doesn't show signs of getting eaten up. So I"m sticking to 1litre with periodic checks and intend to use the normal bottle of EO at home (mineral) to top up if required someday.

Mineral Oil would require more frequent changes so I"m curious if 1 litre of SS EO and 0.2l or Mineral Oil would mix well and perform without any problems.

They should go just as well MarvelStone, btw I think the manual reads 1litre of EO to be input? :confused:

1 litre with 0.2 overtop so dun need to check as frequent.

bad practice but i also used to do it. hurhur.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

1 litre with 0.2 overtop so dun need to check as frequent.

bad practice but i also used to do it. hurhur.

Hello peoples EO capacity is 1.2 litres....and when u change and do by your self thats what u should put in..... 1 litre is ok but is the bad practice..the thing is to make sure you fully drain the engine before you put the new stuff in.

Hello peoples EO capacity is 1.2 litres....and when u change and do by your self thats what u should put in..... 1 litre is ok but is the bad practice..the thing is to make sure you fully drain the engine before you put the new stuff in.

The manual says..

EO Capacity - 1.0

EO Capacity - 1.2 (After draining)

Don't think there's an agreement whether 1l or 1.2l is the right amount :confused: Rule of thumb - never let it fall too low below 1 litre

JB, at roughly which level of the dipstick do you decide to topup?

Anyone knows how the corresponding amount of EO (in litres) to the levels on the dip stick?