SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

Hiz all need help on tis issue. Tis few while riding on express way, i apply engine brake at around the speed 80+ then suddenly i heard a back fire sound from my bike. Is it normal? Oh almost forgotten to mention that i just change my eng oil n spak plug last week, so wats the next step should i do?

:sian:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you kick down and engine brake @ 80+? if you did then you shouldn't. Else, if it happens regularly, your carburetor probably needs tuning. Bring to planet or ah koon to get it done if you don't really know how to tune yourself. Get your air filter checked at the same time as well.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

Did you kick down and engine brake @ 80+? if you did then you shouldn't. Else, if it happens regularly, your carburetor probably needs tuning. Bring to planet or ah koon to get it done if you don't really know how to tune yourself. Get your air filter checked at the same time as well.

You can bring it to any mech for tuning.

I have the best signature.

The manual says..

EO Capacity - 1.0

EO Capacity - 1.2 (After draining)

Don't think there's an agreement whether 1l or 1.2l is the right amount :confused: Rule of thumb - never let it fall too low below 1 litre

JB, at roughly which level of the dipstick do you decide to topup?

Anyone knows how the corresponding amount of EO (in litres) to the levels on the dip stick?

hey...u do not just add 1.2L during the change of EO....check your oil level first..

change of eo need only 1L....full capacity of engine is 1.2L ..but there is always some EO left in the engine no matter what u do or how long is the draining period. this is a s aresult of the tiny channels found in the crank..Why is it there? i believe there are there for structural reason and design purpose to direct the oil all over the enigne for cooling purposes..large surface area mean cooler engine...

EO in engine ..doesnt mean more is better...

overfilling cause the crank/sump to create higher pressure than normal

resulting in leaking EO out of the breather tube..with loose/wear out piston

rings possibility of of EO escaping and coming out of your exhuast pipe as white smoke..

you may run into into difficult starting especailly those with weak starting system..high pressure in sump means more energy required to overcome it..

compression may be reduced as a result...harder to start and u loose power too..if the high pressure cannot be vented out.

so...dont over fill ...u are just throwing money away and may have unecessary problems..always check your eo level..

as to the amount of the actual eo as seen on the dip stick..suggest you do a simple experiment and tell us..

stand the bike in the upright position...check dip stick level..remove or add known amount of oil and check dipstick again and go figure what those lines means..:cheeky:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

Hiz all need help on tis issue. Tis few while riding on express way, i apply engine brake at around the speed 80+ then suddenly i heard a back fire sound from my bike. Is it normal? Oh almost forgotten to mention that i just change my eng oil n spak plug last week, so wats the next step should i do?

Nothing except for ride your bike properly....what is happening is you have the throttle open and all of a sudden stop so the excess fuel in your chamber must go some where so it gets pushed out the exhaust valve into the hot exhaust which causes it to explode in side the pipe ....be careful doing this as it can cause two things your exhaust pipe gets a hole blown in it ...or worse if you get blow back through the inlet value you can end up with yur bike becoming a pile of ashes on the expressway.

hey...u do not just add 1.2L during the change of EO....check your oil level first..

change of eo need only 1L....full capacity of engine is 1.2L ..but there is always some EO left in the engine no matter what u do or how long is the draining period. this is a s aresult of the tiny channels found in the crank..Why is it there? i believe there are there for structural reason and design purpose to direct the oil all over the enigne for cooling purposes..large surface area mean cooler engine...

rings possibility of of EO escaping and coming out of your exhuast pipe as white smoke..

you may run into into difficult starting especailly those with weak starting system..high pressure in sump means more energy required to overcome it..

compression may be reduced as a result...harder to start and u loose power too..if the high pressure cannot be vented out.

so...dont over fill ...u are just throwing money away and may have unecessary problems..always check your eo level..

as to the amount of the actual eo as seen on the dip stick..suggest you do a simple experiment and tell us..

stand the bike in the upright position...check dip stick level..remove or add known amount of oil and check dipstick again and go figure what those lines means..:cheeky:

Probaby the best thing to do is get the shop to do the oil chaneit if you are asking how much to put in and how to do it :cheeky:

As for me, i check fortnightly. When below the highest point of dipstick, i'll just top up the necessary amount. No stress.

Planning to do the same :cool:

Very informative, mep. thanks!

You can bring it to any mech for tuning.

Hiz all tks for all the advice, as for kick down at 80+ that 1 i not sure but if let say i really do it will tis action affect my bike? think i will go down to planet tis sat for a check :(

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

Planning to do the same :cool:

Very informative, mep. thanks!

just dont want to scare u....if too much..when EO has covered the crank shaft bearings..

high rpm at that area...very often generates a lot of foam..and if this foam gets into the bearing it will staff the bearing surfaces of EO resulting in a very expensive repair of the crankshaft...most probably the engine will seized.

so NEVER over fill...

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

engine brake is applied when u want to slow down in double time..or in the rain...anyway cannot e brake from 6 gear to gear 1 or 2..your engine and gear system will be under extreme stresses..something can be broken or system degradtion will definite take place if done frequently...

backfiring ..sometimes it happens..no big deal..but if it occurs frequently then a carb tuning will be in order..sometimes it happens as a result of a degraded plug./spark..too.

you will definietly see a fall in performace of your bike as in pick up ,high FC..ets

Thanks mate!

You guys can tell me if my front brake too tight (meaning pull abit brake liao). How to diy adjust 'looser'??

May be due to a few reasons, but i think you may have overfilled your front brake fluid.

Can someone explain what is "10char'? :cheeky:

You need 10 characters minimum to post an entry here... Some people just fill up the limit by comically adding "10 characters" into their posts :lol:

I have the best signature.

Actually can just adjust the screws on the front brake lever... like bicycle.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

You need 10 characters minimum to post an entry here... Some people just fill up the limit by comically adding "10 characters" into their posts :lol:

Haha mystery solved.

Actually can just adjust the screws on the front brake lever... like bicycle.

Do you tighten the screws as your brake pad wear out to maintain the usual "feel" of the brakes? This is troublesome, but it works because you maintain the distance from the brake disc to pad.

Hi PKs,

I just bought a pair of eagle foot rest for the pillion. After installation, the foot rest cannot be folded back like the standard type of foot rest. Is this normal?

I change the foot rest myself.

:o

TA200 April 2008 - 16 Oct 2009

Dragstar XVS400 Classic 16 Oct 2009 -

1 John 4:10 (Amplified Bible)

10 In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins.

Hi PKs,

I just bought a pair of eagle foot rest for the pillion. After installation, the foot rest cannot be folded back like the standard type of foot rest. Is this normal? :o

That's correct. the Eagle footrest cannot be folded

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

That's correct. the Eagle footrest cannot be folded

if madman could get some of those that can be folded, I'm sure it'll be good business for him :thumb:

Hi all, just checking if anyone ever bought a front tyre from LAB ( IRC or .... ). How much does it cost? Mine need change, checking to se if LAB cheaper then Planet.

Thanks

definitely cheaper, but dude you sure you want IRC? :confused: just wondering..

I don't know what LAB offers sorry :lol: you can help me check rear tyres how much ;) might want to change first before I pass on to next owner.Oh ya, ring me up if no one else replies you before you head down. I'm interested to know what they offer and for how much too.