SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

paiseh

yes.

please take note ah. its 8 MAY 3PM

dont get the wrong details. unsure PM me.

chris for yr piston ring and piston, must open block then know. mine bore to .25 more. so please make sure the shop know what they doing.

wahhhhhhh noooooo why 8th may... :cry:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectees

• limbat

• Kenneth.C

• ozzarhomb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i actually feel its quite bad already... MCQ tests... the answers are all there staring at u. such a pity couldn't get full marks for everything. :cry:

lets put it this way...u stand a statistical chance of 75% of getting the wrong answer. :D

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

lets put it this way...u stand a statistical chance of 75% of getting the wrong answer. :D

lol that's a good one, don!

[ :: w h i t e f a n g :: ]

for the love of the game, and the ride..

i actually feel its quite bad already... MCQ tests... the answers are all there staring at u. such a pity couldn't get full marks for everything. :cry:

MCQ test one's skill of recognition. short answers test recollection.

recognition IS easier, as the answer is already there. try remembering a person's name, vs having a list of names. Psychology 101.

erm... stats test got a,b,c,d,e.

so that means 80%. :lol:

and the frustrating part is that most of the correct answers were "none of the above". imagine punching in numbers and hitting the "=" button only to realise that the digits in ur calculator is not any of the choices mentioned except "none of the above" :angry:

my GPA 3.878! i want to be like Mian Li and Elijah!

ups me!!!

who are these pple, pray tell?

I call them the "spice boys" [reference to liverpool's past players, me not pool fan btw]... act weird, then look emo at the back of the lecture using their laptops... A.K.A. Nerds who look like paul twohill (Don't get me wrong ah zed... mianli is.. i mean WAS in my ESL 408 and i think he's a freaking fruity chap but still a nice guy....)

got.

but i decided to learn from Chris: just pass can already. 100 marks also got degree. 51 marks also degree.

Hoooiiii good things don't learn, go and learn bad things from me... I'm a deviant, do not conform to social norms... SOCIOLOGY101. Debbie Tan-porter who rambles off the way to JB and comes back to sg in every lesson....

lying through ur teeth, eye balls, nostril hair and ear wax!!!

Hohoohohohohoh!!! :angel::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

aiyo zed,................ why my friends also treating me like uncle agony.............

pek chek u know......... as if my studies and my missus not enough to handle with.......

You should try my way of life.... don't study for tests, just listen in class... go home sleep... play SBF, go riding. then come to final exam rush like mad... like NOW!

I call them the "spice boys" [reference to liverpool's past players, me not pool fan btw]... act weird, then look emo at the back of the lecture using their laptops... A.K.A. Nerds who look like paul twohill (Don't get me wrong ah zed... mianli is.. i mean WAS in my ESL 408 and i think he's a freaking fruity chap but still a nice guy....)

Hoooiiii good things don't learn, go and learn bad things from me... I'm a deviant, do not conform to social norms... SOCIOLOGY101. Debbie Tan-porter who rambles off the way to JB and comes back to sg in every lesson....

Hohoohohohohoh!!! :angel::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

You should try my way of life.... don't study for tests, just listen in class... go home sleep... play SBF, go riding. then come to final exam rush like mad... like NOW!

evidence of insanity! :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

evidence of insanity! :cheeky:

That's what makes life interesting!! :angel::cheeky:

Oh just to share more technical info about REBORING engine cylinder.... now i know!!

============

a cylinder is rebored because:

1. the piston to cylinder bore clearance is to large

2. the are deep scratches, grooves in the bore that hinder cylinder sealing

3. the bore is out round compared to the piston.

if the cylinder has an iron liner it can be rebored and a new piston is installed to match the bore. if the cylinder has some sort of "chrome" bore it must be rechromed or an iron liner installed with matching piston.

all these things are done to maximise cylinder sealing which equals power.

at a minimum new base gasket, head gasket, and top end bearing would be replaced.

===========

A cylinder is the central working part of a reciprocating engine, the space in which a piston travels. Multiple cylinders are commonly arranged side by side in a bank, or engine block, which is typically cast from aluminum or cast iron before precision features are machined into it. The cylinders may then be lined with sleeves or liners of some harder metal, or given a wear-resistant coating such as Nikasil. Ceramic linings have also been tried, so far unsuccessfully, except with low-speed "oilless" steam engines.[1] A cylinder's displacement, or swept volume, is its cross-sectional area (the square of half the bore times pi ) times the distance the piston travels within the cylinder (the stroke). The engine displacement is the swept volume of one cylinder times the number of cylinders in the engine.

A piston is seated inside each cylinder by several metal piston rings which fit around its outside surface in machined grooves; typically two for compressional sealing and one to seal the oil (In steam engines only compressional sealing rings are used of which there can be from two to five on the piston; a fine vapour of oil is usually maintained suspended in the steam working in the cylinder. The rings make near contact with the hard walls of the liner, riding on a thin layer of lubricating oil which is essential to keep the engine from seizing up. This contact, and the resulting wear, explains the need for the hard lining on the inner surface of the cylinder. The breaking in or running in of an engine is a process whereby tiny irregularities in the metals are encouraged to form congruent grooves. An engine job or rebore is a process in which the cylinders are machined out to a slightly larger diameter, and new sleeves and piston rings installed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/4-Stroke-Engine.gif

Edited by xXxRatedxXx

ewwww no way... i always take the front row. i dont pay extra sch fees for those seats u know...........

thats like taking 2B test WITHOUT even touching a bike before :giddy:

That's what makes life interesting!! :angel::cheeky:

Oh just to share more technical info about REBORING engine cylinder.... now i know!!

============

a cylinder is rebored because:

1. the piston to cylinder bore clearance is to large

2. the are deep scratches, grooves in the bore that hinder cylinder sealing

3. the bore is out round compared to the piston.

if the cylinder has an iron liner it can be rebored and a new piston is installed to match the bore. if the cylinder has some sort of "chrome" bore it must be rechromed or an iron liner installed with matching piston.

all these things are done to maximise cylinder sealing which equals power.

at a minimum new base gasket, head gasket, and top end bearing would be replaced.

===========

A cylinder is the central working part of a reciprocating engine, the space in which a piston travels. Multiple cylinders are commonly arranged side by side in a bank, or engine block, which is typically cast from aluminum or cast iron before precision features are machined into it. The cylinders may then be lined with sleeves or liners of some harder metal, or given a wear-resistant coating such as Nikasil. Ceramic linings have also been tried, so far unsuccessfully, except with low-speed "oilless" steam engines.[1] A cylinder's displacement, or swept volume, is its cross-sectional area (the square of half the bore times pi ) times the distance the piston travels within the cylinder (the stroke). The engine displacement is the swept volume of one cylinder times the number of cylinders in the engine.

A piston is seated inside each cylinder by several metal piston rings which fit around its outside surface in machined grooves; typically two for compressional sealing and one to seal the oil (In steam engines only compressional sealing rings are used of which there can be from two to five on the piston; a fine vapour of oil is usually maintained suspended in the steam working in the cylinder. The rings make near contact with the hard walls of the liner, riding on a thin layer of lubricating oil which is essential to keep the engine from seizing up. This contact, and the resulting wear, explains the need for the hard lining on the inner surface of the cylinder. The breaking in or running in of an engine is a process whereby tiny irregularities in the metals are encouraged to form congruent grooves. An engine job or rebore is a process in which the cylinders are machined out to a slightly larger diameter, and new sleeves and piston rings installed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/4-Stroke-Engine.gif

i think u should be taking engineering. lol.

ewwww no way... i always take the front row. i dont pay extra sch fees for those seats u know...........

Typical singaporean!!!! Nevermind... Greed is good.. pop quiz!! WHich game cheat code was that??

thats like taking 2B test WITHOUT even touching a bike before :giddy:

Hhaha nice analogy...

i think u should be taking engineering. lol.

No i hate maths.. period. Failing my psy Stats class this sem.

Dono.... that's what chong and mr Alex at every fit says..... so i not sure about this rebore thingy... going to read up more on it if i can find out more about what this whole thing means....

In the meantime i've got .50 pistons on hand

if u got .50 piston on hand.. you must get 0.5 shims and 0.5 piston rings to match and get a close to perfect conbination.

All's quiet on the eastern front... i hope..

Eh!!! Actually quite good leh!! Model student!! UPPSS FOR KENNY!!!

wha.. that grades are good mannn

forget it la u tried yr best ma.

congrats on ur good results, kenny! I strive to be like u and zed, in terms of results. =)

i cant go if its on the 8th of may with u guys lah. school starts next monday. this is my last week out and about. =/

its ok lo can no need to go ma yr bbone still new what. haah

thanks! i won this battle... but the war is not over... these results merely ignited a bigger fire... time to push on! :gun:

eh. results aren't the only thing we're good at ok! u can strive to be like us in other ways too....... like stretching every single dollar from tuas to changi.

lol bbone FC quite good what. no meh cute somemore the bike

wahhhhhhh noooooo why 8th may... :cry:

what? whats wrong?

:slapsforehead:

can also be skilled organizer.

today, A&W. tomorrow, Thailand!

thailand? no need plan one la. NSHW all the way. reach liao.

going to feed bike and myself.

pruss 3 ramly ayam special!

nb bo jio! lol

aiyo zed,................ why my friends also treating me like uncle agony.............

pek chek u know......... as if my studies and my missus not enough to handle with.......

hahah appear offline lar!

lying through ur teeth, eye balls, nostril hair and ear wax!!!

lol. whats next? moustache? hahaha

ZR, ur bike became CBR175R. Am I right to say that?

wrong. the clearance from 00 went to 0.25. then next is 0.75. then final is 1.0.

its just like increasing the tolerance. so my bike now is 149.25 cc. cos originally our bike is not totally 150cc.

There is no replacement for displacement, except for Ah Seng

:angel: