SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Off peak Car wo day licence

Keynes

What wld u do if u c a offpeak car wo day licence during restricted hours?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What wld u do if u c a offpeak car wo day licence during restricted hours?

• Just ignore it, don't be kepoh
    • Call LTA immediately to report the case
    • Stop the car n tell the driver to put the day licence?

Hi.

I saw a couple driving an off peak car near WL a few occasions during restricted hours (5 pm + on a weekday), and I'm just wondering shd I call LTA to report.

If I report, I feel like I'm kepoh and do something harmful to the couple (I know the penalty is very harsh).

If I don't report, I sort of feel that it is not fair to those normal plate cars owners, I mean they pay so high COE and rd tax.

If u were me, what wld u do? Comments, pls.

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Keynes@Apr 19 2005, 01:44 PM

Hi.

I saw a couple driving an off peak car near WL a few occasions during restricted hours (5 pm + on a weekday), and I'm just wondering shd I call LTA to report.

If I report, I feel like I'm kepoh and do something harmful to the couple (I know the penalty is very harsh).

If I don't report, I sort of feel that it is not fair to those normal plate cars owners, I mean they pay so high COE and rd tax.

If u were me, what wld u do? Comments, pls.

I just cannot be bothered lor...

If they kena they suay... If not they Heng lor....

Anyway the minimum offence for this is 14days jail term AND Fine... BOTH!!!!! Cos it is consider a Cheating case... Good luck to the couples lor..... :giddy:

http://www.oneshift.com/showroom/uploadimages/thumb-2007073020222028.jpghttp://www.oneshift.com/showroom/uploadimages/thumb-2007073020120531.jpg

Originally posted by STi@Apr 19 2005, 04:42 PM

I just cannot be bothered lor...

If they kena they suay... If not they Heng lor....

Anyway the minimum offence for this is 14days jail term AND Fine... BOTH!!!!! Cos it is consider a Cheating case... Good luck to the couples lor..... :giddy:

wahaha so jialat'!!!

if they need to drive on a weekday peak hours , is it they must buy a licence or someting

??

how much is it?

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

If they need to drive the car during the restricted hours, they need to display a $20 day licence (very obvious one, very big rectangular paper, the size of an A4 paper, brightly coloured too) for that day. It can last for the whole day.

Yes, the couple drive a black Toyota Corolla Altis, from the number plate, I know it is less than 1 year old.

I think the fine is 6 years road tax for that cc car. If 1600 cc car, it is $950X 6 = $5,700!

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Originally posted by Keynes@Apr 19 2005, 05:26 PM

If they need to drive the car during the restricted hours, they need to display a $20 day licence (very obvious one, very big rectangular paper, the size of an A4 paper, brightly coloured too) for that day. It can last for the whole day.

Yes, the couple drive a black Toyota Corolla Altis, from the number plate, I know it is less than 1 year old.

I think the fine is 6 years road tax for that cc car. If 1600 cc car, it is $950X 6 = $5,700!

wa seh....d couple is takin a big risk sia

aniway this kinda ting fated 1 la..dun need to go report dem..

whether they get caught anot...heaven will decide

it doesnt affect us oso,yup so peace~

we are students in the day, brothers at nite

Guest mas17

Bro, dun report lah. Its not worth the fuss and its not soo good reporting on other people unless they do a really serious crime. Spore soo small, one day sure they kena. If you play with fire, one day sure kena burn.

Originally posted by mas17@Apr 20 2005, 08:33 PM

Bro, dun report lah. Its not worth the fuss and its not soo good reporting on other people unless they do a really serious crime. Spore soo small, one day sure they kena. If you play with fire, one day sure kena burn.

then wat do u think if u put a race can... then later pple report to lta or rov le......

weekend plate vehicle drive in malaysia no problem right? got any for van not?

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

• 3 months later...

read from yesterday news paper tat 1st time offence is fine up to $10.000.and repeat offence is up to $20.000 and jail.From dis year jan until now already more than 800 ppl kana caught and fined.average fine is abt $8000.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/Images/2006_YZF-R1_Color_Lava_Red_tcm46-78024.jpg

saw one kena caught in the day along ECP~ :faint:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

• 4 weeks later...

these buggers veri daring...want to have it cheap and want to break the law...dun they know singapore has one of the best law and police force in the world...haiz...time for them to wake up their idea liao lor

in desert there is mirage,

in life there is always hope,

do not despair as god helps those who help themselves,

stay happy always

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FireSpitter

I'd shut my mouth & eyes to deeds to do not involve stealing, robbing, assault or life threatening situations.

It's really the call of the couple. The penalty is harsh & I hope they do consider weighing the risks involved.

let others do the calling... :goodluck:

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

• 3 months later...

Maybe to the couple 5plus sure no TP or Police to check on them :cheeky:

Tat why they daring..or maybe they just go out for awhile :confused:

or maybe short trip from blk A to blk C tat why they think don't want

to waste $20 for a just a short TRIP :sian:

Or maybe when u saw them they going to buy the coupon if they think

5plus going to 7pm is veri fast then :goodluck:

my family owns a off peak car for years and never once driven during the weekdays w/o a $20 permit.

I would say, report hor yi si!

blk A to blk C walk la!

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by rastyblade@Dec 19 2005, 05:57 PM

my wkplace got a guy even more daring knock off wk at 830am also drive his opc car back home (changi to tampines

he can be hero for all time but it juz take one time to let tp spot him o_O

• 2 weeks later...

My first car that i owned was a red plate, had it for 2yr 10mths and during that period i have never for once cheated on driving without a valid coupon. On many many occasions i often took a feeder bus to get to the town centres' post office to buy the coupons. The fines and jail term far outweight that for a mere 20dolls. My ex colleague was fined and jailed, eventually lose his job over this matter( In the civil service...) Is it worth it over a 20 bucks coupon? your family, career, a record, face splattered on the local papers etcc etc. Cant afford to drive, take public transport. Whether if it is fair that we pay so much for personal transport, well a thousand people will have a thousand different view. My view is, if car prices were like in other countries; on average 20k car buy you a fairly reasonable set of wheels, 2nd hand are even cheaper... Half the population of singapore could/ would afford cars then it will be traffic jam from the moment i start my car.Will this do harm to the economy/infra structure? I would say yes.

My 2cents worth. Cheers :smile: