SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X8 Cafe

leo_rider

Hi fellow x8 riders! i jus brought my x8. going to collect it these few days. very excited cant wait to ride it. Need some advice frm you guys here:

1) how to do run in the new bike? got manual to teach u?

2)how to read the rpm when there is no meter? can install? izzit neccessary?

Only these few qns for the moment. Hope to see u guys in future x8 or scooter outing

:lovestruck:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by matchbox9@Sep 25 2005, 02:06 PM

Hi fellow x8 riders! i jus brought my x8. going to collect it these few days. very excited cant wait to ride it. Need some advice frm you guys here:

Only these few qns for the moment. Hope to see u guys in future x8 or scooter outing

Hi matchbox9, welcome to the scooter family....looking forward to u joining us for future outings.

to answer your 1st question i tink its easier if u refer to the 1st posting on this link by kenny, http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=52906

your can install the tachometer if u really need to read the rpm but personally i don see the need :smile:

anyway welcome to X8 cafe hope u enjoy your stay.....

Originally posted by matchbox9@Sep 25 2005, 02:06 PM

bro which shop u get ur x8 from?

got 2nd hand?

Once a BIKER always a BIKER....

hi i brought my bike from heng motor at changi rd there. didnt see any 2nd hand x8 there. but there are a few 2nd x9 around.

Sorry another few more qns here:

1. i was wondering, if the x9 engine and the x8 is almost the same then the run in shld be the same rite?

kenny's run in

Running in speed full Details i have done for my X9:

a) 30 to 50km/h for first 0 to 200km

40 to 60km/h for 200 to 300km

c) 40 to 70km/h for 300 to 500km

d) 50 to 80km/h for 500 to 650km

e) 50 to 90km/h for 650 to 750km

f) 60 to 100km/h for 750 to 900km

g) 60 to 105km/h for 900km to 1000km

h) 70 to 115km/h for 1000km to 1500km

Based on my estimate i travel around 25 km per day

1500/ 25= 60 days

Does that mean that i have to run it in for 60 days before i can really push the engine to faster speed?

2) i see a lot of people install a voltmeter, how will it help for our x8?

3) is installing a on/off switch for headlight for the bike neccessary

Thnks lots:cheeky:

Originally posted by [momo]@Sep 25 2005, 02:14 AM

i tink brownkai riding X9 leh.. :cheeky:

or he change bike liao?? :cheeky:

hehe...u r rite momo...i riding a X9...but my heart is with X8...hahaha... but i guess still have a long way to go... :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brownkai/X8gathering1-2.jpg

hey motobox...

here some ans from wat i know...

1) X8 n X9 evo both share the same type of engine(leader)

2)from wat i learn from the old birds volt meter is important for ur bike cos X8 using electric start,its better to take note ur batt life span b4 its dies...

3)on/off headlight is useful as it wont strain ur batt when u r starting ur bike...

Originally posted by matchbox9@Sep 25 2005, 09:29 PM

hi i brought my bike from heng motor at changi rd there. didnt see any 2nd hand x8 there. but there are a few 2nd x9 around.

Sorry another few more qns here:

1. i was wondering, if the x9 engine and the x8 is almost the same then the run in shld be the same rite?

kenny's run in

Running in speed full Details i have done for my X9:

a) 30 to 50km/h for first 0 to 200km

40 to 60km/h for 200 to 300km

c) 40 to 70km/h for 300 to 500km

d) 50 to 80km/h for 500 to 650km

e) 50 to 90km/h for 650 to 750km

f) 60 to 100km/h for 750 to 900km

g) 60 to 105km/h for 900km to 1000km

h) 70 to 115km/h for 1000km to 1500km

Based on my estimate i travel around 25 km per day

1500/ 25= 60 days

Does that mean that i have to run it in for 60 days before i can really push the engine to faster speed?

2) i see a lot of people install a voltmeter, how will it help for our x8?

3) is installing a on/off switch for headlight for the bike neccessary

Thnks lots:cheeky:

hei matchbox9, when kenny says he took 60days to run in is based on the fact that he travels 25 km a day. If u travel more in a day then should be earlier. Like me it me about half a month to finish runing in as i travel about 100km a day :cheeky:

Thanks brownkai n disar for the info.

I was wondering, if need to do 30-50km/h for the first 200km. i will have to travel at max speed of 50km/hr on PIE since i only travel for 25km per day.

haha so if u happen to see a x8 travelling slowly on the left lane, u guys will knoe who izzit.

As for the voltmeter, think i am going to install it cos seem like quite important.

But for the technometer, i am not sure, cos i always thought that auto scooter dont have to bother about rpm. Pls comment on this.

:sorry: so many qns again

Originally posted by matchbox9@Sep 26 2005, 09:02 AM

Thanks brownkai n disar for the info.

I was wondering, if need to do 30-50km/h for the first 200km. i will have to travel at max speed of 50km/hr on PIE since i only travel for 25km per day.

haha so if u happen to see a x8 travelling slowly on the left lane, u guys will knoe who izzit.

As for the voltmeter, think i am going to install it cos seem like quite important.

But for the technometer, i am not sure, cos i always thought that auto scooter dont have to bother about rpm. Pls comment on this.

:sorry: so many qns again

yah i guess the voltmeter is quite essential the tachometer not really. I've juz install voltmeter, alarm, light switch and electric horn abt 2 weeks ago.

Originally posted by matchbox9@Sep 26 2005, 11:53 PM

hi disar,

Think by sticking to the plan doing the run in of the bike gonna make me very sian. boring.....

Do we have to run in the brake as well?

btw

Where did u go to install ur voltmeter n stuff ? any good shops to recommend?

Is there any x8 or scooter club here?

Hi Matchbox 9, I went to fix at Future scootering, a scoot accessories shop own by fellow scoot rider,Kenny.

For my bike i never really stick to the guide, especially on the expressway, :cheeky: but try not to drag your engine during running in and don't forget the 1000km and 3000km servicing

Originally posted by disar@Sep 27 2005, 08:55 PM

hey leo of cos u r welcome...... its great to see everyone back at the forum!!! So how is everyone and when do u tink is the best time for a gathering to welcome the new X8 riders? :cheeky:

i wan to go too! erm...but also must see timing.... sianz.. now my exam coming also busy now...

:cry:

Originally posted by Brownkai@Sep 27 2005, 11:32 PM

i wan to go too! erm...but also must see timing.... sianz.. now my exam coming also busy now...

:cry:

Hey Brownkai, of cos u r also welcome. Im trying to find a date where everyone can make it. mayb can start a poll on the date? :confused:

hi guys thanks for the warm welcome.

Hope to meet up with u guys soon. really want to learn more stuff abt the bike. wanna take care of it well.

Hmmm... jus wondering wat are the implication to the bike is didnt do properly run in.Cos jus now i tried to ride like 40 km /hr on the road with my KR150.seem like torture. really cannot make it if i have to ride at the speed for the 1st 200km.

:lovestruck: cant wait to get my x8 this friday

Originally posted by matchbox9@Sep 28 2005, 11:42 PM

hi guys thanks for the warm welcome.

Hope to meet up with u guys soon. really want to learn more stuff abt the bike. wanna take care of it well.

Hmmm... jus wondering wat are the implication to the bike is didnt do properly run in.Cos jus now i tried to ride like 40 km /hr on the road with my KR150.seem like torture. really cannot make it if i have to ride at the speed for the 1st 200km.

:lovestruck: cant wait to get my x8 this friday

i don't tink there is any harm riding between 50 - 70 while running in. Thats what i tink only, donno if others feel otherwise. BTW when is your shiny X8 is comin out?