SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X8 Cafe

leo_rider

Originally posted by ikanatto@Sep 7 2005, 12:34 AM

Hi Fellow X8ers. I wonder if mine is an isolated case. Please advice.

I am very sure that the scooter leans a little on the right while travelling on a straight road, but at times, if the road is angled to the right, seems like its going straight. I judge by looking at the dash and feel. Is it the built of the bike or is it something else? I've been a rider for 10 years, had a vespa, then skipper, bandit, vespa but never have i come across such a strange feel when i ride. Very annoying especially when I was told by a senior mechanic 3 times at PSC that "don't worry, your bike is fine". :sian:

Also lately, after doing close to 2000km, bike starts to vibrate violently while moving off. super :sian:

What do you think? Your machine got same problem? share lah!

You can try to look for Mr Yap and seek his advise on it.

I don't feel it slanting towards the right as for the vibration during moving off, I did highlighted that to Mr Yap during my 3k servicing. He says it's ok becos if it is really a clutch slip then you will feel it all the way and not just during moving off. It might due to the low speed that the gear is not engaging it fully.

I compare it to a auto car, cars have neutral gear and when they switch to "D" the gear is engaged. As for our scooter, we don't have a neutral gear and if you have noticed, when slowing down, engine brake is engage until the speed is very slow like maybe 10km then it will shift to neutral and then it will just glide through.

I don't recall experience this during the 1st 1k mileage it is more noticeable after 2k. Maybe it is due to the wear and tear of the clutch. So far I am into my 4.5k and it is no issue at all, it response pretty well when I accelerate and manage to reach 120km without any issues.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by victor_03@Sep 14 2005, 02:05 PM

Have u guys seen X8 of white colour? All X8 i saw are black colour. :sweat:

na , orginal color are black , gold, red and silver

i hv seen one in yellow on the road as well, these yellow n white i think is spray paint.

FY 2600 C, SCORPION X8

Originally posted by yamkc58@Sep 14 2005, 09:17 PM

Just a query, for scooters w/o rpm, how can we know whether we are straining the engines at high speed?

Well its kinda difficult to know if u r straining the bike. But somehow i can feel if its straining when im riding it. If u want u can install a tachometer to show the rpm.

Originally posted by disar@Sep 22 2005, 10:12 AM

So quiet in X8 cafe? Everyone MIA?:sleep:

how's your scoot?

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Originally posted by scorpionX8@Sep 22 2005, 10:29 AM

wake me up when september ends

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

give us your no. we will 100% call you and wake you :cheeky:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Originally posted by scorpionX8@Sep 22 2005, 12:50 PM

how things with you, sudnot u be honeying the moon ......:lovestruck:

end of oct then i ..... :lovestruck:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875