SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X8 Cafe

leo_rider

1st X8 gathering

7 Aug 2005

2pm @ KKFC

Who going, pls leave ur contact no:

1) Leo, 91278077

2) disar, 97378487

3) ultramantaro, 94552732

4) larlee

5) Joyrider,92390657 may be will drop by

Dec'03 - Honda NSR 150SP - FT****B

Dec'04 - Honda PGM 250SP - FN****G

May'05 - SYM Joyride 200 - FZ****E

Feb'06 - Super Four Ver.S - FQ***R (bike stolen)

Apr'08 - Wave S 125 - FW****X

???????? - What's next??? - ??****?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Brownkai@Aug 7 2005, 11:59 PM

how is the X8 gathering ??? care to share wif me here?? :cheer:

we discuss bout some pros and cons of the bike, wat to modify, how to prolong the beauty of the bike etc...

:smile:

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Originally posted by leo_rider@Aug 8 2005, 08:38 AM

we discuss bout some pros and cons of the bike, wat to modify, how to prolong the beauty of the bike etc...

ic...I guess all are happy with their X8 hmmm...i wonder can scooter like X8 X9 ,alantic...etc their performance(speed) last till 10 yrs(since COE last till 10 yrs)

since i heard a few of my fren told me a bike(any class 2B) top performance only last on their first 5-7 yrs as they are getting old....cos once theres problem in the bike start...it will never end...

:cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brownkai/X8gathering1-2.jpg

I don't think there is anything that can last forever thou. It will depend heavily on the owner. Whether he/she maintains the bike or not. Even if you buy a reliable Toyota and if you dont maintain it, it will still cause problems.

Hexagon has lasted more than 10 yrs. I think end of the day, it is whether you think it's worth to spend that amount of money to repair/replace the worn out parts or just scrap it and get a new one.

Take X9 as an example. It has lasted for a few yrs before X8 comes in. So far no major complains otherwise you won't see so many X9 on the road thou.

Originally posted by leo_rider@Aug 4 2005, 10:37 AM

nvm, when u'll be back?

depends on the respond, we may postpone it to a later date.

Sorry, miss you msg cos I just came back. I think you guys must have enjoyed yourselves, please update me if there is another meet-up.

thinking of getting a x9 or x8 ( 2 B )

can advice . what is the price

after reading the front message , seem like this bke is very high ?

:confused:

Originally posted by tstan@Aug 10 2005, 08:50 PM

if you are thinking of a brand new bike, you are left with only x8.

the seat is a little on the high side for x8 but most of use is still able to handle it without much issue. it is a matter of getting use to it.

leg room wise, x9 is more comfy so you might want to have a try on both to get a feel of it.

Originally posted by busytiger@Aug 10 2005, 05:10 PM

Sorry, miss you msg cos I just came back. I think you guys must have enjoyed yourselves, please update me if there is another meet-up.

no prob..

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

i'm standing at about 1.7m..

able to control the bike though i need to tip-toe..

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Hi tstan,

You can go to Piaggio Service Center to test drive the X8 & X9, their address is 19 Genting Road, tel : 6547 4466. You can talk to Mr Yap to find more about both bikes as well. :smile:

Hi X8ers,

Just to check with you guys, does your bike vibrate when at slow speed? Let me explain more.....I was slowing down while approaching traffic light(becos red light) until bike almost stop but not complete stop, then traffice light change to green, I turn trottle again to speed up, then I feel my bike vibrate a lot, it feels as though bike not enough power and has dragging effect. Do you all feel this way or it is only my bike??? Please share...

Originally posted by busytiger@Aug 11 2005, 11:14 AM

Hi X8ers,

Just to check with you guys, does your bike vibrate when at slow speed? Let me explain more.....I was slowing down while approaching traffic light(becos red light) until bike almost stop but not complete stop, then traffice light change to green, I turn trottle again to speed up, then I feel my bike vibrate a lot, it feels as though bike not enough power and has dragging effect. Do you all feel this way or it is only my bike??? Please share...

i don't think i've got this prob..

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Originally posted by leo_rider@Aug 11 2005, 08:45 AM

i'm standing at about 1.7m..

able to control the bike though i need to tip-toe..

thks leo rider :smile:

i abouy 168 , i think it should ok with me

i use to ride skipper 150 , the sit is also abit high

Originally posted by busytiger@Aug 11 2005, 11:14 AM

Hi X8ers,

Hi busytiger,

I only had the vibrating prob early in the morning when the engine is cold. if the temp is on the way to abt half then its ok.

Originally posted by tstan@Aug 11 2005, 10:17 PM

thks leo rider :smile:

i abouy 168 , i think it should ok with me

i use to ride skipper 150 , the sit is also abit high

hi tstan,

i guess its a matter how u ride cos got 1 uncle near my work place riding X8 and he is only about 1.6m

Originally posted by busytiger@Aug 11 2005, 11:09 AM

Hi tstan,

You can go to Piaggio Service Center to test drive the X8 & X9, their address is 19 Genting Road, tel : 6547 4466. You can talk to Mr Yap to find more about both bikes as well. :smile:

busytiger

ok i will go check it out tomorrow .

but most likely i will get the x8 since x9 is a old model

and is almost like cannot get new 1 liao. nit much shop selling .

the shop at 1007 serangoon tell me no more in production liao.

sorry , forget to thanks :giddy:

leo_rider , busytiger disar and everyone for helping me

disar , i am happy to hear that from you .

:smile: :cheeky:

Hi all,

Just got my new X8 and got some issues. I have been riding for the past 10 years, never have I come across a bike riding slightly slanted to the right and handlebars not aligned properly.

And how do I get the 'Rack Rotation' thing to work? I have tried to unsrew the thing but it just wont let me rotate the box up, seems like its jam or something.

My temperature indicater is above the 'normal' marking but not at red, is this normal?

Please share your experience :giddy:

Originally posted by ikanatto@Aug 12 2005, 01:08 AM

Hi all,

Just got my new X8 and got some issues. I have been riding for the past 10 years, never have I come across a bike riding slightly slanted to the right and handlebars not aligned properly.

And how do I get the 'Rack Rotation' thing to work? I have tried to unsrew the thing but it just wont let me rotate the box up, seems like its jam or something.

My temperature indicater is above the 'normal' marking but not at red, is this normal?

For your case, maybe you like to go to PSC to let Mr Yap to have a look if you think it is not right. Remember, safety come first.

As for the box, after you unscrew, you need to push the knob in and plus lift the box up if i am right. Any X8 rider pls help here. :smile:

Originally posted by ikanatto@Aug 12 2005, 01:08 AM

Hi all,

unscrew till it feels tight, then push the knob inwards, and lift up the box..

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]