SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X8 Cafe

leo_rider

Originally posted by tstan@Aug 11 2005, 10:17 PM

thks leo rider :smile:

i abouy 168 , i think it should ok with me

i use to ride skipper 150 , the sit is also abit high

Hi tstan,

I am only 1.66 and I am riding X8, I admit I cannot touch both feet on the ground, which is dangerous, but becos I like the bike, so die die buy the bike.....by now I got used to it liao.....:cheeky:

BTW, X9 is no longer in production, so you may not get to choose the colour you like...you might want to go to the shop which Kenny bought his X9, as it is the cheapest shop in town. I bought my X8 there also...:cheeky: ....if you want I can pm you the name and address of the shop.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ultramantaro@Aug 12 2005, 12:33 AM

BusyTiger:

I just got my bike last Friday, Do not have the problem you said.

By the way, what is the distant X8 can travel with full tank? I use up 3/4 when travel 158KM.

Anyone got more than that?

Austin

Hi Austin,

:cheer: congrats on your new bike.....so far for me, I can go almost 280 km before the petrol indicator on our dashboard lights up....FYI, for X8, the fuel guage is quite funny, the fuel guage seems to drop faster from the full tank to half tank mark, meaning when you reach 1/2 tank, you might only clock slightly 100+ km, but after hitting the 1/2 mark, the fuel guage seems to drop at a slower pace...you will understand what I mean when you almost hit the empty on the fuel guage. :smile: pls drive safely becos your tires are still new, there is a layer of protective wax on the tires, do not swerve too much, cos it might skid...enjoy your new X8!

Originally posted by ikanatto@Aug 12 2005, 01:08 AM

Hi all,

Just got my new X8 and got some issues. I have been riding for the past 10 years, never have I come across a bike riding slightly slanted to the right and handlebars not aligned properly.

And how do I get the 'Rack Rotation' thing to work? I have tried to unsrew the thing but it just wont let me rotate the box up, seems like its jam or something.

My temperature indicater is above the 'normal' marking but not at red, is this normal?

Please share your experience :giddy:

Hi ikanatto,

:cheer: congrats on your new bike....

For the alignment, you better bring back to Piaggio to check.

As for the box, it is difficult to explain in words, there is a certain technique to tilt back the box....you can ask Mr Yap from Piaggio to show you when you go there to align your handle bar.

As for the temp, it is normal, it is very near the 1/2 way mark on the temp guage.

thanks leo-rider and disar for your reply on the vibrating problem I face on my X8, it think I need to go to piaggio to tune my bike.

Seems there are more X8 riders now, can we arrange for another meet-up soon? what about next week? anyone? tstan, you can join us if you want to....I am sure the rest of us will be glad to share with you more on our X8.

Originally posted by busytiger@Aug 12 2005, 10:33 AM

Hi Austin,

:cheer: congrats on your new bike.....so far for me, I can go almost 280 km before the petrol indicator on our dashboard lights up....FYI, for X8, the fuel guage is quite funny, the fuel guage seems to drop faster from the full tank to half tank mark, meaning when you reach 1/2 tank, you might only clock slightly 100+ km, but after hitting the 1/2 mark, the fuel guage seems to drop at a slower pace...you will understand what I mean when you almost hit the empty on the fuel guage. :smile: pls drive safely becos your tires are still new, there is a layer of protective wax on the tires, do not swerve too much, cos it might skid...enjoy your new X8!

the shape of the fuel tank is irregular.. :smile: this cause the pointer to drop faster in the 1st half and slower in the 2nd half..

my mileage per tank is also about close to 300km..

:smile:

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Originally posted by busytiger@Aug 12 2005, 10:46 AM

thanks leo-rider and disar for your reply on the vibrating problem I face on my X8, it think I need to go to piaggio to tune my bike.

Seems there are more X8 riders now, can we arrange for another meet-up soon? what about next week? anyone? tstan, you can join us if you want to....I am sure the rest of us will be glad to share with you more on our X8.

welcome..

i'm ok with the meeting up next week..

but not on sat.. fri i'll be free after 11pm..

cuz i'll be taking revision lesson for my cls 2 tp..

:cheeky:

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

WAH...so fast 2nd gathering...haizz...everytime i see got scooter gathering how i hope i get my X8 soon leh so can meet up with u guys n ladies... maybe this time i go on foot mit up with u X8ers...hahaha... :cheer:

:goodluck:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brownkai/X8gathering1-2.jpg

Originally posted by Brownkai@Aug 13 2005, 01:58 AM

WAH...so fast 2nd gathering...haizz...everytime i see got scooter gathering how i hope i get my X8 soon leh so can meet up with u guys n ladies... maybe this time i go on foot mit up with u X8ers...hahaha... :cheer:

:goodluck:

brownkai, even if u hav not own 1 u can still join us. if u need a lift there juz let us noe n we can work somting out. :cheer:

Originally posted by disar@Aug 12 2005, 10:56 PM

2nd X8ers gathering

19 Aug 2005

8pm @ KKFC

Interested, pls leave ur contact no:

1) disar, 97378487

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

2nd X8ers gathering

19 Aug 2005

8pm @ KKFC

1) disar, 97378487

2) brownkai, 9388965 (not confirm cos working till 9pm)

3)

4)

5)

6)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brownkai/X8gathering1-2.jpg

today thought of going to the bike shop to get the x8 , but only see the silver colour one . i know ther is also blue , black gold and maroon . never see the colour , so dont know what colour to get ?

can i know what colour you all having .

Originally posted by tstan@Aug 14 2005, 12:26 AM

today thought of going to the bike shop to get the x8 , but only see the silver colour one . i know ther is also blue , black gold and maroon . never see the colour , so dont know what colour to get ?

can i know what colour you all having .

hi tstan,

during the 1st X8ers gathering there are 5 X8. 4 are black and 1 is silver.

Originally posted by disar@Aug 14 2005, 02:33 AM

2nd X8ers gathering

19 Aug 2005

8pm @ KKFC

1) disar, 97378487

2) brownkai, 9388965 (not confirm cos working till 9pm)

3) ultramantaro, 94552732

4) busytiger, 97420602 (can only be there after 10pm)

5)

6)

Hi all...I can meet you guys up, but only after 10pm.

Originally posted by ultramantaro@Aug 13 2005, 08:45 PM

Hi:

Count me in. 94552732

Busytiger, I think you are right, the fuel indicator a bit siao siao.... like my X9.

I just bought a pair of air horn from Ah Boy shop, not fix yet, cost $16. Where can I go and fix? Wonderful shop?

Hi ultramantaro,

IF i am not wrong, air horn is illegal in S'pore....did you check with Ah Boy if it is allowed? You can call Kenny to check if he can instal for you, cos he is a very friendly guy. His number is 9623 8875. :cheer: