SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha FJ 09 or MT 09 Tracer

parman

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea what kind of modding will void the warranty? Getting my bike next week......

And this bike stock exhaust is one piece right? Means if change aftermarket, have to buy full system? And if change exhaust, the main stand has to go?

Do we need to make appointment with Hong Leong to collect the side pannier? Or can just go down anytime?

Edited by kinwei

Any idea what kind of modding will void the warranty? Getting my bike next week......

And this bike stock exhaust is one piece right? Means if change aftermarket, have to buy full system? And if change exhaust, the main stand has to go?

Do we need to make appointment with Hong Leong to collect the side pannier? Or can just go down anytime?

1) Stock exhaust is one piece so if you wan to change, its going to be a full system. Whether main stand has to go or not depends on the brand of the exhaust. Arrow allows you to keep your main stand. You may want to take a look at this brand call Spark. Search facebook for its local agent. [i am not promoting for anyone]

2) For panniers, I think it would be better to call and fix a time cos they will call back to the shop that you bought your bike confirm that you got the agent back. To fix up the panniers on your bike will cost you $60. So to drive or ride there, you decide. I just got my bike on Wed and yet to collect my panniers. Heard that for Albert motor, they got the panniers fix up to your bike FOC and everything ready when you collect the bike from shop.

1) Stock exhaust is one piece so if you wan to change, its going to be a full system. Whether main stand has to go or not depends on the brand of the exhaust. Arrow allows you to keep your main stand. You may want to take a look at this brand call Spark. Search facebook for its local agent. [i am not promoting for anyone]

2) For panniers, I think it would be better to call and fix a time cos they will call back to the shop that you bought your bike confirm that you got the agent back. To fix up the panniers on your bike will cost you $60. So to drive or ride there, you decide. I just got my bike on Wed and yet to collect my panniers. Heard that for Albert motor, they got the panniers fix up to your bike FOC and everything ready when you collect the bike from shop.

Tks for the info.

You mean you still got to pay for the pannier installation? I thought it free? Can we opt to take without installation? Means I got to drive down. If you are unsure, I'll just give HL a call to confirm. Tks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tks for the info.

You mean you still got to pay for the pannier installation? I thought it free? Can we opt to take without installation? Means I got to drive down. If you are unsure, I'll just give HL a call to confirm. Tks in advance.

You can take and go. They got no issue with that. To be on the safe side, better call and confirm cos the info I have also hear from other people. Maybe HL has made some changes along the way that I am not aware of. Once you got the latest info, please share here. Thanks.

You can take and go. They got no issue with that. To be on the safe side, better call and confirm cos the info I have also hear from other people. Maybe HL has made some changes along the way that I am not aware of. Once you got the latest info, please share here. Thanks.

Alright. Will update this thread.

I don't think installing the FS exos will need to remove the main stand. Sound wise, Akravopic & Aarow has got the best sound. However, it is not approved by LTA yet. :(

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

for tracer owners, if you are keen to join the WA group. please PM me your number and I will add you in if you are not inside the group yet.

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Just an update on the side pannier issue.

My bike shop called me today and said I can call HL to make arrangement for the pannier collection. So I gave HL a call and they requested for my bike chassis number (last 4 digit). They verified it and remind me to bring along my vehicle log card for the collection.

So I check with them on the installation portion. If you need them to install, there will be an labour charges and you will need to make an appointment. However if you just want to take and go, then you can go down anytime within their operational hours.

Sorry I did not check with them on the labour charges as I just want to take and go. But they did warn me it is quite "complicated". I shall see how "complicated" it is when I install it myself.

So there you have it.

Just an update on the side pannier issue.

My bike shop called me today and said I can call HL to make arrangement for the pannier collection. So I gave HL a call and they requested for my bike chassis number (last 4 digit). They verified it and remind me to bring along my vehicle log card for the collection.

So I check with them on the installation portion. If you need them to install, there will be an labour charges and you will need to make an appointment. However if you just want to take and go, then you can go down anytime within their operational hours.

Sorry I did not check with them on the labour charges as I just want to take and go. But they did warn me it is quite "complicated". I shall see how "complicated" it is when I install it myself.

So there you have it.

Ya. I had also called HL this morning. They asked for my number plate and verified with the bike shop that I got my bike from. Later in the noon, my bike shop called and say can call HL to make appointment to fix the panniers. The installation should be $60 to $65. In order for them to suck money from you, I wont be surprise if they say need those with rocket science experience people to do the installation.

Ya. I had also called HL this morning. They asked for my number plate and verified with the bike shop that I got my bike from. Later in the noon, my bike shop called and say can call HL to make appointment to fix the panniers. The installation should be $60 to $65. In order for them to suck money from you, I wont be surprise if they say need those with rocket science experience people to do the installation.

From what I see, it should be straight forward installation. Maybe I will do a write up on the installation if time permit.

Hi all.

Noob here! Heheheh. Is there any way the bike seat height can be lowered some more? I'm only 168cm tall and I have to tip toe when I'm on the bike althought the bike's seat was already adjusted to its lowest.

Thanks in advance! :)

23/05/2009 to present - Yamaha X1-R

14/10/2010 to 14/12/2011 - Yamaha 125Z

4-stroker and 2-stroker build in one

http://www.exhaust-notes.com/images/Logos/Yoshimura-Logo.jpg http://www.fastdecals.com/graphics/yamahaLogoOnlyFlame03_tn.jpg

Hi all.

Noob here! Heheheh. Is there any way the bike seat height can be lowered some more? I'm only 168cm tall and I have to tip toe when I'm on the bike althought the bike's seat was already adjusted to its lowest.

Thanks in advance! :)

Can get the lowering kit. Itll be lowered to the same HT. as the naked one. If not as per PenangKia suggestion, cut the seat which will be the cheaper alternative. I believe this is one of the low HT. seat bike in the market.

Keep calm and keep on riding ~

Either a low seat or a lowered suspension. If you still really find that your height is not allowing you to handle the bike properly then perhaps you should go and check out other rides which inspire confidence in you.

As as now, I'm able to handle it quite well. It's just that I prefer a lower height so that I can have better footing at traffic lights or when the bike is at a complete stop. I tried on the naked MT-09 before. No problem at all. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I would go for lowered suspension.:)

23/05/2009 to present - Yamaha X1-R

14/10/2010 to 14/12/2011 - Yamaha 125Z

4-stroker and 2-stroker build in one

http://www.exhaust-notes.com/images/Logos/Yoshimura-Logo.jpg http://www.fastdecals.com/graphics/yamahaLogoOnlyFlame03_tn.jpg