SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ultimate Cruiser - Harley Davidson?

Tincan

ever since i watched Terminator 2..i fell in love with harley davidsons..love the "dua lan pa" bike as they call it..

cant ride 1 yet..still taking my 2B but at least i started...

i once read somewhere that no one tattoos honda logos, or kawasaki logos on them..but boy they are lots of harley logos immortalised on bikers all over the globe...

why? because harley davidson is not just a bike..it is a lifestyle. no other bike groups have the same kind of togetherness as harley riders...& you can hear them from 1km away...

my ultimate bike...a harley davidson road king ....hope to be able to afford 1 of those 3 years down the road...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by maxxmadness@Jun 4 2005, 11:05 AM

Go for the bike that you like, not what others think or say what you should ride, afterall they are not paying for it.....there is no ultimate machine in this world.

As long as you dont stereotyped yourself as a particular rider and dont look down on other makes of bikes, you will find you are also a part of a big extended bikers family, bikers are afterall brothers of the wind, of freedom and friendship all over the world ....:smile:

I agreed with madness, just go for a bike you like at first sight.

The most important things is that; Don't look down on other bikes. You will be surprise what certain bike can do and the others can't. :smile:

It's not the miles per hour you go; It's the smiles per mile you get

www.kruzer.org.sg

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4267022567http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/404635075

Originally posted by Tincan@Jun 2 2005, 07:14 PM

Being thinking about what would be an ultimate cruiser bike now that so many manufacturers have come out with super good looking cruisers? Is a Harley really the ultimate cruiser bike in every sense ie, the ride, the presence, the experience, or is it just all pure marketing?:confused:

People call Harley lawn movers aka noise machine how to be ultimate cruisers?

(think im gonna be flammed for saying this ...lol)

Honda ..................and nothing else

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@Jun 4 2005, 10:29 PM

People call Harley lawn movers aka noise machine how to be ultimate cruisers?

People call Honda cruisers refrigerator aka noise machine but neither here nor there how to be ultimate cruisers?

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 5 2005, 12:08 AM

People call Honda cruisers refrigerator aka noise machine but neither here nor there how to be ultimate cruisers?

LoL...Harley attitude ah :thumb:

Sorry if you feel offended. ..whaha!

Honda ..................and nothing else

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 5 2005, 12:08 AM

Hahaha....no worry la....no flaming, at least from me. :giddy: it is all up to personal preferences. Jap cruisers got their beauties and same to HD. Both got my plus point on em. Some jap bikers changed to HD, and same to some HD bikers changed to HD. This show that each got their sweetness and bitters. HD got their customising cool and Jap cruiser got their low tone smoothness..It is all up to one to decide wat they want at that point of time. :smile:

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006/11/22/bikepics-729398-150.jpg

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

Originally posted by archenemy@Jun 4 2005, 07:49 PM

ever since i watched Terminator 2..i fell in love with harley davidsons..love the "dua lan pa" bike as they call it..

cant ride 1 yet..still taking my 2B but at least i started...

i once read somewhere that no one tattoos honda logos, or kawasaki logos on them..but boy they are lots of harley logos immortalised on bikers all over the globe...

why? because harley davidson is not just a bike..it is a lifestyle. no other bike groups have the same kind of togetherness as harley riders...& you can hear them from 1km away...

my ultimate bike...a harley davidson road king ....hope to be able to afford 1 of those 3 years down the road...

hi archenemy (the band archenemy????metalhead???)

like you...i was(still am) a Harley enthusiast since i started taking my 2B...i was fustrated from waiting and waiting to take my class 2 for 2 years.perservere man...dun give up...datz wat i did... altho i have not bought my Harley yet...i know itz coming... juz a few buckz more heh heh... :cheeky: anyway...perservere man...DUN GIVE UP!!!! :cheer:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Originally posted by jamez@Jun 9 2005, 05:11 PM

hi archenemy (the band archenemy????metalhead???)

like you...i was(still am) a Harley enthusiast since i started taking my 2B...i was fustrated from waiting and waiting to take my class 2 for 2 years.perservere man...dun give up...datz wat i did... altho i have not bought my Harley yet...i know itz coming... juz a few buckz more heh heh... :cheeky: anyway...perservere man...DUN GIVE UP!!!! :cheer:

Jamez. You are already one BIG up already. Another small step, you are there liao... :smile:

Arnold rode that Fatboy which maybe.....

According to 2002 insurance company statistics, the FLSTF Fat Boy was the only Harley-Davidson motorcycle to make the 2001 Top-25 Most Frequently Stolen list, ranking an unimpressive 22nd. All the others on the list were Japanese sportbikes! Perhaps the fact that Arnold Schwarzenegger rode a Fat Boy in the 1991 movie, Terminator 2, had some influence upon this particular model's "popularity" with bike thieves.

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

Hmm.... There are HD riders switch to Jap's bike. It is all up to individuals' on what bike they want. Yes, HD got many good titles, but also they got many not really nice reasons why ppl dun ride em.

My point of view is, It's the self respect of one and one respect to other regardless wat bike we ride. Without that respect, we are nobody at all...

PS. I m a Harley fan. I respect other makes bike bikers. Friends riding super rocket going too almost 300kmph, friends with cub kia going max 120kmph....n Friends from sportster to the grand daddy Ultra..... I respect em of who they are, not praying to their bike...

Remember, not their ride that make em proud, it is them that earn the pride for themselves..... :nono:

Originally posted by WarMonger13th+Jun 9 2005, 08:18 PM-->
QUOTE (WarMonger13th @ Jun 9 2005, 08:18 PM)
Once you enter the harley fold, you never leave.

Yes you may degenerate into a sagging bag of sh*t, too proud to give respect to other puny bikers but the harley fold will love and embrace you for it.[/b]

This is what I saw from another forum. Please click

Although they ride all sorts of bikes, but no flamming across bikes is done.... Please finish reading the above link... :smile:

Originally posted by WarMonger13th@Jun 9 2005, 08:18 PM

As for us seasoned HD bikers, we love those punks behind these forums to throw empty words at us...we just love to wallow in self damnation.

There is no salvation for the harley rider...only a lifetime of self-pride and belief that he or she is riding on one of the most respected bikes in the world.

We don't see many sportbike jokers who can last the distance....

Maybe them rides eventually crumble to dust and rust or their techno-crap company produces something in 9-12 months that blows what they currently own away to hell. They are obsolete in every sense of the word.

This is another link I find interesting...Please click here and here

I guess the amount of distance cover for some is greater then you and me can do it in our life or should I say lifetime

www.kruzer.org.sg

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4267022567http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/404635075

Originally posted by jockster@Jun 9 2005, 10:17 PM

Other Puny Bikers??

Brother, I personally take offence with your statement.

Why take offence brother... Its just a post by someone who post for the FIRST time. Relax brother.

Brother, have you read story books before?

If yes, how do you differential the good guys & bad guys.

If I am not wrong, the story books doesn't write who is good or who is bad in it.

Its just the action descripted in the book that makes you know he is good or bad... the story continues...

www.kruzer.org.sg

I like the way the foreigners @ stromtrooper view things. Easy going without those hard-up air. Cool n open minded they are. :thumb:

Originally posted by WarMonger13th@Jun 9 2005, 08:18 PM

Once you enter the harley fold, you never leave.

Yes you may degenerate into a sagging bag of sh*t, too proud to give respect to other puny bikers but the harley fold will love and embrace you for it.

As for us seasoned HD bikers, we love those punks behind these forums to throw empty words at us...we just love to wallow in self damnation.

There is no salvation for the harley rider...only a lifetime of self-pride and belief that he or she is riding on one of the most respected bikes in the world.

We don't see many sportbike jokers who can last the distance...

Maybe them rides eventually crumble to dust and rust or their techno-crap company produces something in 9-12 months that blows what they currently own away to hell. They are obsolete in every sense of the word.

Again welcome to the harley fold, you may get occasional crap here, but on the road it's the drivers that give you the thumbs up, walkers that say "cool bike" and fellow HDers that wave back. The rest dun get nothing. Ignored lot they are,  left to their own devices. Pity them here.

Ride well my friend

Well said... But then sad to say , S'porean, especially the younger ones, uses as little dough as possible to get the faster crouch rocket

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by seanwu@Jun 9 2005, 11:17 PM

Why take offence brother... Its just a post by someone who post for the FIRST time. Relax brother.

Brother, have you read story books before?

If yes, how do you differential the good guys & bad guys.

If I am not wrong, the story books doesn't write who is good or who is bad in it.

Its just the action descripted in the book that makes you know he is good or bad... the story continues...

I took offence, cause one should know better than make a biggoted statement in place where one is still a guest.

Originally posted by seanwu@Jun 9 2005, 11:08 PM

Last link which I find even more interesting... Please click

Once enter click : AMERICAN ANGST/JOKES AND HUMOR/Pictures and Graphics or humour

These are from the public. Lets see what the public is saying...

Then again.... That is an america forum....

AND

The starter/founder of the forum also said that it was some F***ed up HD riders that pissed them off...

Well, everywhere, sure to have black sheeps... (I hope ppl never deem me as one..Hohohoho)

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 9 2005, 11:34 PM

Well, everywhere, sure to have black sheeps... (I hope ppl never deem me as one..Hohohoho)

All are the same la. No hard right or hard wrong. No HD is the most shinniest, no jap's bike the fastest. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Dun worry la, no hard feeling over you. :smile:

Vmax is my drag king n HD's engine is my favourite old but reliable engineering cream.... So how? hahaha..if can, buy both loh...

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 9 2005, 11:39 PM

All are the same la. No hard right or hard wrong. No HD is the most shinniest, no jap's bike the fastest. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Dun worry la, no hard feeling over you. :smile:

Howdy BRO!!!!!!!!

No HD is the shinnest I agree...

BUT

I also have the perception the world's fastest bike was the ZX12 or was it the Haya?? (Scratches head)

Nvm...

Ok wait... Production bike... I've it wrong again

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 9 2005, 11:44 PM

Howdy BRO!!!!!!!!

No HD is the shinnest I agree...

BUT

I also have the perception the world's fastest bike was the ZX12 or was it the Haya?? (Scratches head)

Nvm...

Ok wait... Production bike... I've it wrong again

Hahaha......if they both run out of petrol then the bicycle is the fastest liao.. all of us got our fair share of dog days.....just depend on when... i just got mine durin CNY... :giddy: Then my friend cub to the rescue... :sweat:

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 9 2005, 11:34 PM

Then again.... That is an america forum....

AND

The starter/founder of the forum also said that it was some F***ed up HD riders that pissed them off...

Oops brother, I have forgotten that it is an america forum.... sorry for that :cheeky:

:confused: make in Canada?? ... hmmm ... I guess I am confused ... :confused:

www.kruzer.org.sg

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 9 2005, 11:47 PM

Hahaha......if they both run out of petrol then the bicycle is the fastest liao.. all of us got our fair share of dog days.....just depend on when... i just got mine durin CNY... :giddy: Then my friend cub to the rescue... :sweat:

Agree... But hopefully that this incident wouldn't happen to anyone...

Imagine out of petrol...

Fine...

In the middle of expressway

Fine....

BUT

It is pouring cats and dogs...

The ultimate......

or should I say..

PRICELESS

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by seanwu@Jun 9 2005, 11:50 PM

Oops brother, I have forgotten that it is an america forum.... sorry for that :cheeky:

:confused: make in Canada?? ... hmmm ... I guess I am confused ... :confused:

America or canada it doesn't matter cause it is by the foreigners A.K.A (Ang Moh)...

Chinese ain't have much time to start a flaming forum...

BTW,

I always thought you were from the Scooter section..

Since when you bought a cruiser?

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 9 2005, 11:51 PM

Agree... But hopefully that this incident would happen to anyone...

Imagine out of petrol...

Fine...

In the middle of expressway

Fine....

BUT

It is pouring cats and dogs...

The ulimate......

or should I say..

PRICELESS

Mine is the pulsation/pulsar coil damaged which led to almost zero combustion as the plug got not electrical current flow.... not no petrol.. hehehe... sori for not explaining properly. I kena stucked at SLE then my buddy rode his Y125Z to the rescue...well we didn't succeed, at the end got her tow to workshop. :cry: But at least we have tried. :cheeky:

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 9 2005, 11:56 PM

Mine is the pulsation/pulsar coil damaged which led to almost zero combustion as the plug got not electrical current flow.... not no petrol.. hehehe... sori for not explaining properly. I kena stucked at SLE then my buddy rode his Y125Z to the rescue...well we didn't succeed, at the end got her tow to workshop. :cry:

Well, it still applies to all bikers..

We are at the mercy of God's will....

All as well, ends well.