SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ultimate Cruiser - Harley Davidson?

Tincan

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 10 2005, 05:10 PM

Well done lah...

Anyway, long time no see , my bro.... Hope that you are still fine....

yea.. im gd..

xcept the 1 time im blurdy stuck on the xpressway in e middle of nowhere..

hey u sellin' ur harley?

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 12 2005, 01:58 PM

If ppl want to buy, I am ok, I thinking of downgrading...HAhahaha

yours is a 2004 Fatboy?? "FX" plate?? :confused:

mind if I ask what is the market price for such a HD now?? :sweat:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@Jun 11 2005, 11:53 AM

Here's my PERSONAL opinion

Harley at most (to me) can ONLY be a show bike more less ultimate or far from it; its loud and vibrate too much and you can spend days polishing it then ride to leng kee road or orchard to show it off with fellow enthusiast , you stare at my harley and I stare at yours ...something like that.

As far as being "the" ultimate cruiser is concern...I wonder how the thread started even associate the word "Ultimate cruiser" with a show-bike class motorbike...perhaps just to clear his myth or get better understanding. it does not even have the slightest crusier quality you would expect to find in a good class cruiser. eg :-

Quiet a.ka. comfortable , Powerful, bulletproof engine, known reliability workhorse-class heritage, fuel efficient, pillion egornonics and comfort, luggage space etc etc

..and most Importantly still feel and ride like a bike not a tank?

What else but a Honda Pan European?

http://www.mundobike.net/fotos/segunda/ST%201300%20Pan%20European.jpg

Well, this is my choice.

I think people who rides St1100 and the likes are ultimate cruiser

Rider and bike together. :thumb:

well actually the vibrationg Harleys come from the 1970s and 1980s era..nowadays Harleys have minimum vibration...even the Sportster..which was the last of Harley Davidson to recieve rubber engine mounts..does not have much vibrations now. And itz back to the point that you do not like vibration...maybe some others do..and some call it character.Itz all up to the individual. More people keep old Harleys then people who keep old Hondas... and i tend to believe that Harley Davidson was one of the 1st few companies that started out with the "comfort cruising" class...so i guess that says pretty much about Harley Davidson's "show" class. Harley Davidson may have more "show"...but it definately has the "go" as well. More "show" does not mean no "go". your argument is rather biased... but im ok with it..cos u are entitled to ur individual views..pls dun start flaming...itz juz a different view. ride safe. :smile:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Vibrating thighs.... :hungry: :hungry: Jamez how's everything? See nx week when you free let go jalan jalan see some bikes....interested? :cheeky:

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006/11/22/bikepics-729398-150.jpg

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

Originally posted by jamez@Jun 12 2005, 09:11 PM

well actually the vibrationg Harleys come from the 1970s and 1980s era..nowadays Harleys have minimum vibration...even the Sportster..which was the last of Harley Davidson to recieve rubber engine mounts..does not have much vibrations now. And itz back to the point that you do not like vibration...maybe some others do..and some call it character.Itz all up to the individual. More people keep old Harleys then people who keep old Hondas... and i tend to believe that Harley Davidson was one of the 1st few companies that started out with the "comfort cruising" class...so i guess that says pretty much about Harley Davidson's "show" class. Harley Davidson may have more "show"...but it definately has the "go" as well. More "show" does not mean no "go". your argument is rather biased... but im ok with it..cos u are entitled to ur individual views..pls dun start flaming...itz juz a different view. ride safe. :smile:

whats more to say... :thumb: guess a cruiser is still a cruiser, a cruiser that cruise. :lovestruck:

:dot:

Originally posted by jamez@Jun 12 2005, 09:11 PM

Im alright with personal preference and opinion, I am just not alright with Harleys being associated with "ultimate" or a cruiser lol

Worry not about flames, I'd come across many airheads harley riders and many more who are not and can take constructive criticism.

If we are still able to debate and talk about the subject, it still wind down to personal preferences on what qualitites we deem as "ultimate". The classic exhuast noise alone fail :p...some find it sweet though cos its what makes a harley --> harley. But ask me to cruise with that kinda noise and call it ultimate cruiser...still can not and will never make it.

Rode the 833 sporster in the 80s...it was fun while it lasted. The gung ho spirit was high and my ego also swell a bit; I was just another impressionable youngster then o_O (read lol)

Over the years, my preference change from Big, mean, loud and spicy Ma Ma machine to more lean and efficient bikes. ofcourse I am bias with my choice,

the important thing is not to see bias as being wrong. It is my opinion and one that

has evolved after riding several many other bikes.

ofcourse I'd like to tell you again we're still discussing on personal opinion; theres no need to rebuke me; just give feel free to give me yours on the choice of a ultimate cruiser. Cheers!

Honda ..................and nothing else

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 12 2005, 01:58 PM

If ppl want to buy, I am ok, I thinking of downgrading...HAhahaha

alamak! u spend soooo long juz to get ur dream.. now wanna downgrade..

:giddy:

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@Jun 12 2005, 11:08 PM

Im alright with personal preference and opinion, I am just not alright with Harleys being associated with "ultimate" or a cruiser lol

Worry not about flames, I'd come across many airheads harley riders and many more who are not and can take constructive criticism.

If we are still able to debate and talk about the subject, it still wind down to personal preferences on what qualitites we deem as "ultimate". The classic exhuast noise alone fail :p...some find it sweet though cos its what makes a harley --> harley. But ask me to cruise with that kinda noise and call it ultimate cruiser...still can not and will never make it.

Rode the 833 sporster in the 80s...it was fun while it lasted. The gung ho spirit was high and my ego also swell a bit; I was just another impressionable youngster then o_O (read lol)

Over the years, my preference change from Big, mean, loud and spicy Ma Ma machine to more lean and efficient bikes. ofcourse I am bias with my choice,

the important thing is not to see bias as being wrong. It is my opinion and one that

ofcourse I'd like to tell you again we're still discussing on personal opinion; theres no need to rebuke me; just give feel free to give me yours on the choice of a ultimate cruiser. Cheers!

I like you.

U seem like a reasonable guy. Misguided but reasonable.

I will say it like it is.

The forum guys gotta get off this Harley hate man. That's all I see.

There is no reason to get pissed off with this brand or abuse the riders who ride 'em. They just like 'em and it fits them or they try to fit it. That's all. same here in Singapore n rest of the World.

Ultimate cruiser?

Instead of comparing models, you are just bashing the brand. That shows your disgust for the brand. There are many reasons why so go figure them out yourselves.

You rode a 883? Cool.

If you cannot take or didn't like the ride, then dun ride it...if cos you didn't! You rode your "Ultimate" bike for your needs or preferences!

There are HD riders here riding HD for 10++ years still riding the same bike. They are one type and you are also one type.

To be fair, my useless opinions too

Ultimates:

1. Power - VMAX (old news, legend by now...), Haya (still King)

2. Race Track Agility - K5, R-1, the 600s

3. Sporty Touring - Blackbird/ FJR/ FZ-1

4. Touring - Goldwing, ST-1300, ST-1100, Ultra

5. Around Town - Z1000, Touno

6. Posing - Fatboy, Roadking, harleys Basically

7. Cruising (move from A to B) - All of the above.

(there is no definition of "cruiser" for bikes in the dictionary)

As for Harley MODELS, not the harley davidson brand or image:

1. 1200 roadster - no more vibes and can go, customise and turn.

2. StreetRod - 120++bhp or so that can finally screw with sportbikes in the straight or lite curve.

3. FatBoy - Still the Ultimate poser machine

4. Dyna Sport - old school custom trying hard to be sportly...give it a break

5. Roadking - mid range tourer that continues to beat BMW and other similar types like Victory in its category for the last 30 years.

6. Ultra - voted in UK as most comfortable bike in the world a couple of years

7. Ultra screaming eagle - if you got the dough.

I may be very rusty but its my opinions only.

More sensitive things here: I believe it's the price, exclusivity and popularity (yup its marketing) of the HD brand that has generated so much hate. If the general unknowing population did not applaud or recognise these bikes so much maybe there will be less HD haters in the world. The sportbikes will always want to run it (just because they are build to be fastest), the Jap tourers will always want to out-do it (because they are designed that way)...isn't these all marketing by the Jap makers too? Harley bikes will in-turn out-pose the Japanese bikes and get better recognition and attitude to fight back... The Japanese companies listened to the riders and so do Harley listen to their customers!

So next time you pull up next to a Harley, the urge that you feel that the rider is looking down on you or trying to play with you is probably your own. HD riders went thru small and big bikes just like you...and they dun (usually) talk bad about other brands.

It's not your bike that is ultimate, it's you riding that is.

Cheers!

Apologies first if I offended anyone here.

Originally posted by RoadRage@Jun 13 2005, 01:26 AM

More sensitive things here: I believe it's the price, exclusivity and popularity (yup its marketing) of the HD brand that has generated so much hate. If the general unknowing population did not applaud or recognise these bikes so much maybe there will be less HD haters in the world. The sportbikes will always want to run it (just because they are build to be fastest), the Jap tourers will always want to out-do it (because they are designed that way)...isn't these all marketing by the Jap makers too? Harley bikes will in-turn out-pose the Japanese bikes and get better recognition and attitude to fight back... The Japanese companies listened to the riders and so do Harley listen to their customers!

So next time you pull up next to a Harley, the urge that you feel that the rider is looking down on you or trying to play with you is probably your own. HD riders went thru small and big bikes just like you...and they dun (usually) talk bad about other brands.

Cheers!

RoadRage pls read from the 1st post again. i dont think we have any HD haters here, all just trying to voice their opinion abt "Ultimate Cruiser" u will realise that many of us r HD fans but dont desire to own HD 'cos of its over price, too noisy and uncomfortable ride (atleast it's uncomfortable for me)

personally i have friends how rides HD n they r all nice humble ppl. its just some of the yaya HD riders & n the way it is being market that we don't like.

1 of them have recently change to CBR1000R & 1 change to AT. also have 1 just sold his VTR & thinking of buying a HD. so u c they r just ppl with diff perference in diff time of their riding life.

*just hope u r not those HD riders who ride with their nose high up there. pls note that we chose not to buy a HD it does not mean we cant afford

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by RoadRage@Jun 13 2005, 01:26 AM

I like you.

U seem like a reasonable guy. Misguided but reasonable.

I will say it like it is.

The forum guys gotta get off this Harley hate man. That's all I see.

There is no reason to get pissed off with this brand or abuse the riders who ride 'em. They just like 'em and it fits them or they try to fit it. That's all. same here in Singapore n rest of the World.

Ultimate cruiser?

Instead of comparing models, you are just bashing the brand. That shows your disgust for the brand. There are many reasons why so go figure them out yourselves.

You rode a 883? Cool.

If you cannot take or didn't like the ride, then dun ride it...if cos you didn't! You rode your "Ultimate" bike for your needs or preferences!

There are HD riders here riding HD for 10++ years still riding the same bike. They are one type and you are also one type.

To be fair, my useless opinions too

Ultimates:

1. Power - VMAX (old news, legend by now...), Haya (still King)

2. Race Track Agility - K5, R-1, the 600s

3. Sporty Touring - Blackbird/ FJR/ FZ-1

4. Touring - Goldwing, ST-1300, ST-1100, Ultra

5. Around Town - Z1000, Touno

6. Posing - Fatboy, Roadking, harleys Basically

7. Cruising (move from A to B) - All of the above.

(there is no definition of "cruiser" for bikes in the dictionary)

As for Harley MODELS, not the harley davidson brand or image:

1. 1200 roadster - no more vibes and can go, customise and turn.

2. StreetRod - 120++bhp or so that can finally screw with sportbikes in the straight or lite curve.

3. FatBoy - Still the Ultimate poser machine

4. Dyna Sport - old school custom trying hard to be sportly...give it a break

5. Roadking - mid range tourer that continues to beat BMW and other similar types like Victory in its category for the last 30 years.

6. Ultra - voted in UK as most comfortable bike in the world a couple of years

7. Ultra screaming eagle - if you got the dough.

I may be very rusty but its my opinions only.

Cheers!

Dude I think you got me all wrong. I'd stress many times and lets not swayed out

of topic; that is ...if harley is a ultimate cruiser. Thats where Im coming from.

I do not dislike harley, I may not like many airheads who rode them and certainly DID NOT agreee with even the slightest suggestion that harley can be associated with the word ultimate, much less cruiser. (opps! i say it again)

Some of us here stays in a house and have much more beautiful car park outside

so the talk about money and how much a HD cost, affordability and whether we'd feel "any" harley look down on me and/or other biker is really out of topic dude.

I know sometimes its more appropriate in the forum-proper-sense to write more diplomatically, to please everyone and prevent any eruption of flames but when it comes to opinion, its better to just speak out and not try to patronise any bike brand or each other.

I'd screw a honda too (my fav brand) if someone come out to me and say Pan european is the ultimate street racing sportsbike; but thats just an expression, to help you see better where I am coming from.

Thats how I came into this thread - when I see some1 ask if Harley is ultimate cruiser. I feel very much it just dosen't cut it and I say so, and explain why IMHO.

I do appreciate your response , cheers!

Honda ..................and nothing else

Originally posted by kiamh@Jun 12 2005, 02:34 PM

yours is a 2004 Fatboy?? "FX" plate?? :confused:

mind if I ask what is the market price for such a HD now?? :sweat:

Mine is a 2004 fat boy "FY" plate... Sorry dun know the market price......

You interested?? PM me....

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 13 2005, 03:17 PM

Hopefully, it's a temp downgrade....

Hohohoho

try the spark 125 dude, it was my ulimate cruiser when i was travelling in bali. :thumb: :cheeky: :sweat:

i'm an ultimate sillyporean... :faint:

:dot:

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@Jun 12 2005, 11:08 PM

now thatz a sensible discussion of personal preferences.i say...to each his own.watz most important..is we get to enjoy our rides...ultimate or not...who really cares right? who knows...someday i really might agree with you..although itz seems rather impossible that this will happen now... anyway ride safe and enjoy ur ride dude. :smile:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

ur favorite bike is ur ultimate cruiser :cheeky:

when i had my cl2b my ultimate cruiser was GN125 - cheap, reliable with great mileage. though it was develope ^20yrs back it out gun many new 4 stroke 125cc in term of reliability n milage :thumb:

when i had my cl2a my ultimate cruiser was Intruder 400 - easy low rider, ultimate comfort for rider :thumb:

now my ultimate cruiser is TDM900 - up rite riding position just the way i like while touring, reliable, sufficient torque (88.8nm), enough speed of cut off at 220km/h, great mileage (460km-500km) :cheer:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by w1n6@Jun 13 2005, 05:16 PM

try the spark 125 dude, it was my ulimate cruiser when i was travelling in bali. :thumb: :cheeky: :sweat:

i'm an ultimate sillyporean... :faint:

Wah lan..

I tried a few times on my friend's WAVE and I was like wobbling away.

I felt very weird and looked damn stupid on the bike cause my legs were too long for it...

My downgrade isn't to the extend of a cl2b.. Maybe a cheaper cruiser (HD) or MAYBE a crouch rocket..

Hohohoho

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 13 2005, 03:13 PM

Mine is a 2004 fat boy "FY" plate... Sorry dun know the market price......

You interested?? PM me....

interested? yes!!! :smile:

but bo license leh... needa wait another year to take moi class 2 :weep:

no harm doing market research first, yeah?? :sweat:

:btw: do you happen to ride along Mandai road in the mornings?? around 730am?

saw a black 04 Fatboy along that stretch a couple of times liao....

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Originally posted by kiamh@Jun 14 2005, 10:02 PM

interested? yes!!! :smile:

but bo license leh... needa wait another year to take moi class 2 :weep:

no harm doing market research first, yeah?? :sweat:

:btw: do you happen to ride along Mandai road in the mornings?? around 730am?

saw a black 04 Fatboy along that stretch a couple of times liao....

Yes... That was me.... Always with a black bag, on uniform, sometimes with a jacket...

Are you from 6 DIV?

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 14 2005, 11:29 PM

Yes... That was me.... Always with a black bag, on uniform, sometimes with a jacket...

Are you from 6 DIV?

err... me not from 6DIV lah. I'm a PR, no go NS... :sweat:

I ride thru to Mandai towards Thomson/YCK area everyday to go to work.... so my timing is also around 7:30am that time... HD sure eye-catching one mah, so I saw u a couple of times liao. :smile:

:btw: ur bike is kindof "quiet"..... are those the stock pipes?? no screamin' eagles?

BlackDawn aka kiamh

Originally posted by kiamh@Jun 15 2005, 06:59 AM

err...  me not from 6DIV lah. I'm a PR, no go NS... :sweat:

I ride thru to Mandai towards Thomson/YCK area everyday to go to work.... so my timing is also around 7:30am that time... HD sure eye-catching one mah, so I saw u a couple of times liao. :smile:

:btw: ur bike is kindof "quiet"..... are those the stock pipes?? no screamin' eagles?

Sorry...wat's PR? Ok... Perm Resident..

Anyway, mine is a Screamin' Eagles pipe..

Dun noe why it is "soft" but I also quite relax when ride... Seldom "drag"

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by nE0@Jun 12 2005, 12:01 PM

I think he is refering to safety boots, which have a metal toe cap to prevent falling objects from crushing the toes.

This boot is not suitable for riding because the toe cap can fold over during an accident and slice off the toes :giddy:

sorry :offtopic:

This is a popular misconception. Yes, the slicing off your toes thing is true, but its a safety feature. Why? Because when the cap slice off your toes the surgeon can reattached them. If there was no metal cap on the safety boot then you are in even bigger trouble... why? Cause the metal plate is rated to about 1 ton. I ever have a car go over my foot and feel nothing. If no metal plate then all you got there is mince meat at the end of your foot. No chance at all to reattach or anything liao...

Same thing applies to construction accident: Severed hand is good= surgeon can reattached... crushed hand... forget it, cannot save liao.

So please guys, don't get this wrong... SLICING OFF THE TOES IS A GOOD THING!

Sorry to offtopic, I was in construction before, and always see bikers say bad things about the slicing off toes, feel a bit :bouncefire:

This is a bit like the arguement that full face helmets are bad because they can cause further injury to the neck when the medical staff takes them off... if the helmet is not there in the first place there would be no head left to injure....

<span style=\'font-family:Ariel\'>The Difference between Men and Boys is that the Boys think the size of their Motorcycles has something to do with being a man.

Iron Butt Association#23842

Originally posted by scooterer@Jun 16 2005, 06:53 AM

sorry :offtopic:

This is a popular misconception.

The right tool for the right job bro...

Safety boots are designed to protect your foot in a different way motorcycle boots are designed.

Safety boots offer nearly zero protection in case of an accident. It is designed to protect the foot from dropping objects, and rolling objects, therefore the tall, steep sides and steel toe cap. I wear safety boots in my profession, and I can vouch for their protective effectiveness, not just having cars rolling over my foot on the road.

However, in an event of a crash, your foot can get caught between the bike and the road. Riding boots are designed to prevent your ankle from TWISTING, therefore the ankle brace. It is designed to prevent your foot from getting crushed by the SIDES, not just from the top on the toe cap.

These two, and many many more. Safety boots are not designed for crashing on a bike. Oh yar, I'd rather wear a proper riding boot and keep my toes, rather than have them sliced off.

Well, but if you think Safety boots make good riding boots, by all means go ahead and use em. Safety equiptment is a personal choice, but make informed decisions when selecting yours :thumb: