SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ultimate Cruiser - Harley Davidson?

Tincan

Being thinking about what would be an ultimate cruiser bike now that so many manufacturers have come out with super good looking cruisers? Is a Harley really the ultimate cruiser bike in every sense ie, the ride, the presence, the experience, or is it just all pure marketing?:confused:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tincan my man............... u have no idea the kinda hornet's nest u've stirred with this post............

LOL! At least there'll be some drama for us all to spectate.......

Anyway, i don't really understand the point of asking this question as it is highly personal. It's a matter of personal choice isn't it? Any self respecting HD rider would tell you that HDs are the ultimate cruisers, they'll be many people who'll tell you the exact opposite. However what does it matter what anyone thinks but yourself?

It's like asking whose the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world - if u ask a 100 people, you'll get a 100 different answers. But you know what? That's not going to change who i think is the most beautiful woman is.

But alas, you are most entitiled ask this question - just as everyone is entitled to their opinions about it.

Like i said though, at least it'll be entertaining to see how this thread evolves........

U like Harley

Harley = Ultimate

U like Honda cruisers

Honda = Ulitmate

U like Kawa

Kawa = Ultimate

Hmm it's like why you choose this bike.

April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i

June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.

1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150

June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04

Good ol' days with my Phantom~

:cheeky: "Baby"

an ultimate cruiser is a mirage, an oasis in the desert for those who desires and hunger for it... there's no ultimate cruiser... :cheeky:

like jockster's signature:

"Choice is merely an Illusion.............. an Illusion created by those who have power, for those who don't."

:cheeky:

The ultimate cruiser for me would be one that is handmade with my input :thumb:

Of course this depends very much on the kind of money that i will never have in my lifetime.

As it stands now, i enjoy my Honda Shadow Slasher tremendously. It is as close to the perfect bike as possible given that it is a mass produced bike.

qman

If we are talking about the available cruisers in the market and in Spore, I can only say, most be it biker or non-biker would have very much agree that Harley Davidson bike is the ultimate crusier.

Reason? Simply becos it stands for image and its look of elegant always end up linking with a highly sucessful rich man status.

When people talk about cruiser or chopper and sometimes every just the word bike, the word "Harley" will pop up very much often and at times "BMW" too.

It always make me wonder these people with or without knowledge would just love to say "Gosh! Is this a Harley?" and I just can't help wondering what is that Honda logo and the soft sound is doing on my bike??? This always at times make me laugh with myself.

To a most enthusiat biker, a Harley does not entirely mean as an ultimate cruiser. It could be the rumble sound and status that attracts them but to some, it could just meant to be a massage irritating bike and at times, a menace.

A bike that have a big engine cc with a high mileage acheivable and great maneuverability is what I truly called an ultimate cruiser and so far in the market, there have yet to be one.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Originally posted by nivleK1985@Jun 2 2005, 09:38 PM

U like Harley

Harley = Ultimate

U like Honda cruisers

Honda = Ulitmate

U like Kawa

Kawa = Ultimate

Hmm it's like why you choose this bike.

y this 3 ah? y kawa ah? y no suzuki? ducati? triumph? agusta? blar blar blar...

y kawa leh?

anyway, ultimate cruiser is the one customize to ur liking, lik wat qman mentioned. but in sg, lotsa things illegal... pfft..

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Originally posted by GerardSantaCruz@Jun 2 2005, 11:58 PM

y this 3 ah? y kawa ah? y no suzuki? ducati? triumph? agusta? blar blar blar...

y kawa leh?

anyway, ultimate cruiser is the one customize to ur liking, lik wat qman mentioned. but in sg, lotsa things illegal... pfft..

cos too many

:giddy: i dunno all :lol:

April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i

June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.

1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150

June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04

Good ol' days with my Phantom~

:cheeky: "Baby"

I would say HD is the Rollsroyce of bikes, it is many ppl ultimates, just like me. Many would says, it is the icon of bikes, statement of status, novelty blah blah blah... These are factors that affect me too...But really i ike their engine notes...beautifully played..

If ur knows me, many would know that i m a Harley fan(though i dun own one). I love HD, I like their reliability, simplicity in their down to earth engine designs n configuration... but i reserve this on their newer FI thingy.....i m love old timer carb...But I dun like many ppl have the wrong impression on HD as richman's bike.. or HD riders are 'hao lian' NO NO to that! Many HD ppl are as normal like us, they are nice chaps too...It is how ppl want to feel HD riders....How they want to gives HD owner the way they want to look at em. Of cos 'hao lian' ppl every where sure have some black sheep one la...

For the ultimate cruiser, i will not rate HD for the top choice. Ask yourself, what are you looking for in a ultimate cruiser if you want to cruise all the way up to Thailand? For me smoothness, least vibration, able to cruise effortlessly like driving a car. Given the Vee twin configured HD engines they can't gives me this loh....yes, though they have came out the rubber mounted engine frame work but if compare to ST 11, Gold wing, which is smoother n best for cruising? I would vote ST11. Big enough for a decent touring comfort, good size in handling n doing parking.

But i would rate HD as top for best in doing individualization. Customising the look. Almost every parts of the bike can be customised.... For jap bikes can be quite restricted in parts, unless you want to fab yourself. The engine notes. That 'potato' notes just spelled me like no others. Ithink Nights going to fedup with me if i rumbling up and down infront of his place... :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: Just kidding la Nights.

Heh Heh...that vibration when idling....wooo... :lovestruck:

It is all what we want out of our 'ultimate cruiser' loh. :cheeky:

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006/11/22/bikepics-729398-150.jpg

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

Personally I believe Harley Davidson Crusier Bikes Rocks!! It is a symbol of Success, Freedom, Style And Strong Character. It has a long heritage, extreme durability and a undeniable strong international branding power, with that trademark V-twin loud po-ta-to po-ta-to exhaust sound. With the right curves and the right design.

How many people you know when they see a nice looking crusier, they will ask: " Is that a Honda shadow? Is that a Suzuki Intruder? Is that Truimph Rocket III?

Or Will

Most people ask: Wow... have you seen that Harley Davidson Bike? Look and sound damm chio man!!

:thumb: for Harley. If you happen to test ride one, I believe you might just be "converted". So watch out wor.

hahahaha . . .

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 3 2005, 03:33 AM

Ithink Nights going to fedup with me if i rumbling up and down infront of his place... :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: Just kidding la Nights.

Heh Heh...that vibration when idling....wooo... :lovestruck:

It is all what we want out of our 'ultimate cruiser' loh. :cheeky:

Ha ha of course not! In fact, I love Harley RD King alot! :lovestruck: I was just speaking from the perspective of most general biker and non-biker. :cheeky:

In fact, a vtwin that doesn't rumble is not a true heritage to me too! :smile:

Originally posted by DarkKnight2004@Jun 3 2005, 04:34 AM

How many people you know when they see a nice looking crusier, they will ask: " Is that a Honda shadow? Is that a Suzuki Intruder? Is that Truimph Rocket III?

Or Will

Most people ask: Wow... have you seen that Harley Davidson Bike? Look and sound damm chio man!!

:thumb: for Harley. If you happen to test ride one, I believe you might just be "converted". So watch out wor.

hahahaha . . .

This is very true if in Spore. :smile: Just can't help with the ignore verity of people in Spore but we can't blame them as to the culture of cars being heavily implemented into our history.

To be frank, "sound damm chio" will applicable to most people only if the bike pipe have not been modified if not you will see people complain for its irritating, I have had a few friends who have ever make complains to town council but you can't truly blame in a very early morning being purposely disturbed by a sudden throttle in front of their house, either the rider did it on purpose or they just love the loudliness too much without consideration.

I ever saw expat riding thru at low speed with sound as soft as my Shadow thru residential area and he really earned my respect in consideration for others. :thumb:

All in all, Harley is a true heritage bike that one must try to ride once in a lifetime and I'm glad I have did that before. :lovestruck:

Originally posted by jockster@Jun 2 2005, 08:46 PM

Tincan my man............... u have no idea the kinda hornet's nest u've stirred with this post............

LOL! At least there'll be some drama for us all to spectate.......

Anyway, i don't really understand the point of asking this question as it is highly personal.  It's a matter of personal choice isn't it?  Any self respecting HD rider would tell you that HDs are the ultimate cruisers, they'll be many people who'll tell you the exact opposite.  However what does it matter what anyone thinks but yourself?

It's like asking whose the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world - if u ask a 100 people, you'll get a 100 different answers.  But you know what? That's not going to change who i think is the most beautiful woman is.

But alas, you are most entitiled ask this question - just as everyone is entitled to their opinions about it.

Like i said though, at least it'll be entertaining to see how this thread evolves........

Anyway, i don't really understand the point of asking this question as it is highly personal. It's a matter of personal choice isn't it? Any self respecting HD rider would tell you that HDs are the ultimate cruisers, they'll be many people who'll tell you the exact opposite. However what does it matter what anyone thinks but yourself? -Harley Fatboy but Shadow Slasher is sufficient for me.

It's like asking whose the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world - if u ask a 100 people, you'll get a 100 different answers. But you know what? That's not going to change who i think is the most beautiful woman is. - Catherine Zeta Jones

The Adversaries of my Adversaries, are my Comrades

Every Excuse has their Butts, Everyone has Theirs

i m HD fan though i don't own 1. ever thought of it but since i last tried on my friend's HD & it is a :nono: HDs' vibaration n loud noise is just too much for me. especially when i c them activating the car alarms...:faint:

for me its the heritage, the ablity to custom/personalise it. i don't understand y ppl associate HD with status, rich, character, freedom blar blar blar? especially the rich thing, com'on other class 2 bikes ani't any cheaper than HD :giddy:

btw check out the thread on TDM900 i posted some HD pics i took during the USA "bike week 2005"

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by DarkKnight2004@Jun 3 2005, 04:34 AM

Personally I believe Harley Davidson Crusier Bikes Rocks!! It is a symbol of Success, Freedom, Style And Strong Character. It has a long heritage, extreme durability and a undeniable strong international branding power, with that trademark V-twin loud po-ta-to po-ta-to exhaust sound. With the right curves and the right design.

Or Will

hahahaha . . .

well looks like must join in the fun...

That the problem with those that rides a HD huh? Its show success? freedom?style?strong character? that they feel they are the "high class" society of the bikers world? To me its just another bike, just that the company was good at marketing it products....its the lifestyle you are buying....

After riding the Vmax for so long, nan, i dont mind giving the HD a miss.....:sorry:

I have ridden the king of V-twin and the baddest cruiser ever built....maybe you should test the Vmax, then you may be converted...hahahahah

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Yah, Madness and the most madiest bike he owned....... the big V4 VMAX plus the Vboost...the main reason to rushed for my class 2 since that fateful day's meeting up with the SVOG crew....lovely. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

=====================================================

The only thing i would say HD has done a very 'dopping' into my local bike culture like they did to many countries. We ride with HD in mind, we distinct the bike by that special loud, low, chrome, and riding style of the rider. I do agree with Madness, afterall it is another bike. Just that ppl have misconception on the beautiful machine. It is not the machine that doped us. It is we that dope ourself.

Let me say again, i am a HD fan. I love it. But somehow many ppl simply have the wrong idea of what this beautiful machine is.

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

My thoughts exactly on some of the comments like what is ultimate? Most of us bikers like to have an ultimate machine or machines that we can work towards to give our riding experience a journey. While I am planning to part my very hard earned money on a Harley ( Like all big ticket item purchases), I have a little doubt that it may not satisfy me for long.

The speed is one that I feel may not satisfy my desire.

Of course it is the ultimate cruiser...

It is the ULTIMATE machine to train my patience...

1) Stuck in traffic... WAIT/CRAWL

2) Polish bike (I HATE THIS)

3) Curb my hunger for speeding (True)

Wat else can you ask for???

Anyway, to each and its own....

I love the looks of Triumph Rocket III, Kawa DR*FTER, Honda's Rune.

There WILL NEVER EVER BE A PERFECT BIKE with superior handling, power, torque, mileage, etc......

Unless like wat Hideki said... You build FROM SCRATCH....

Even then this statement is wrong

You can't have good handling with extended forks and a small peanut tank

Yes the ultimate Truimph - MONSTEROUS POWER AND TORQUE..

Read the review.... Above average handling..... compared to the some cruisers that I can't remember....

I would like to have a BOSS HOSS please....

All as well, ends well.

It all depends on the individual man. If u want silent smoothness and different kind of engineering than wat Harley is offering...then by all means u are correct if ur defination of an ultimate ride is some other stuff other then a Harley.

But by my defination...a Harley is the ultimate motorcycle..becos i like the originality...i like the sound..the pushrod V-Twin engine..the heritage...basically everything about the motorcycle man.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Go for the bike that you like, not what others think or say what you should ride, afterall they are not paying for it.....there is no ultimate machine in this world.

As long as you dont stereotyped yourself as a particular rider and dont look down on other makes of bikes, you will find you are also a part of a big extended bikers family, bikers are afterall brothers of the wind, of freedom and friendship all over the world ....:smile:

wanna ride with madness?

Originally posted by maxxmadness@Jun 4 2005, 11:05 AM

Go for the bike that you like, not what others think or say what you should ride, afterall they are not paying for it.....there is no ultimate machine in this world.

As long as you dont stereotyped yourself as a particular rider and dont look down on other makes of bikes, you will find you are also a part of a big extended bikers family, bikers are afterall brothers of the wind, of freedom and friendship all over the world ....:smile:

That's should be the way bro! :thumb: So got ur thingy done up already? It is Saturday liao leh... o_O

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 4 2005, 11:38 AM

That's should be the way bro! :thumb: So got ur thingy done up already? It is Saturday liao leh... o_O

You mean my yoshi? nope I change the order from carbon to titanium...stock likely to arrive this monday...:smile:

wanna ride with madness?

Originally posted by maxxmadness@Jun 4 2005, 12:36 PM

You mean my yoshi? nope I change the order from carbon to titanium...stock likely to arrive this monday...:smile:

Oh! Even lighter.... they charge you extra? As always, the bike is going to be as fierce as the rider!:thumb: